SM Entertainment

Guest ginaaax3

Guest Ellush
I think you're fine.. I think your height is probably about average for Kpop girls :)

It probably depends on what kind of half you are.. they just want you to have the pale skin, big eyes etc. so I guess euroasians have an advantage in that respect (that's what I'm hoping anyway cos I'm half Japanese, half English xD) but if you're half- African or something, then....maybe not.

Kpop groups ARE trying to branch out to japan though, so it will be useful for them to have a member who can speak Japanese ^^ BUT, they are known for hating Japanese people, so maybe not lol

Haha this is a confusing post, I'm not really giving a clear answer XD but you get my drift

damn....well, Im half latinaspanish and half Japanese...

But, sooyoung is japanese and she isnt really so hated, is she? Doesnt SM have anyone famous japanese? And one other question: I just wonder if you could, um, maybe tell me how to do the emailaudition. I mean, how longshould My video be? Should I send à letter w/ My presentation and à video or should I sing,dance and Make My presentation all in the video? How long shoul I sing and then how long time should I dance? since I live in europe, should I send it to the US or Korea?

Sorry for asking so much...-.-'

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest something-like

But, sooyoung is japanese and she isnt really so hated, is she? Doesnt SM have anyone famous japanese? And one other question: I just wonder if you could, um, maybe tell me how to do the emailaudition. I mean, how longshould My video be? Should I send à letter w/ My presentation and à video or should I sing,dance and Make My presentation all in the video? How long shoul I sing and then how long time should I dance? since I live in europe, should I send it to the US or Korea?

sooyoung is korean

where do you get your info lmao

Guest Ellush
sooyoung is korean

damn, why are My facts allways wrong?X) first jokwon, now sooyoung...

Oh well, thats not so important.

Do you know How I should make my video? Sending à letter with My presentation and a video with me singing and dancing or should I just do My presentation in the video, together with My singing and dancing?

Guest Natsune619

Yeah, she isn't Japanese XD she can just speak it fluently

Nope, but I heard SM have some Japanese trainees :)

Video- about 3 minutes? Dancing maybe half a song, base it on how good you are (if you're good make it longer)

I don't know what you mean by a letter- just write down all your stats (eg height, weight) on the email- you could also say some stuff in the vid probably (but not too long)

Send it to the place that is easier for you to get to for a 2nd and 3rd audition, so as LA is closer to Europe I suggest you send it to the US address.

I think you should stop asking so many questions and just send it.. I mean, what I just said now is enough information to be able to send your stuff (also look on their website), and you're not going to get in by worrying about details and never sending anything- if you're good, they'll give you a chance even if your video is too short or whatever. I don't mean to be harsh, just don't worry so much!

Guest something-like
I think you should stop asking so many questions and just send it..

For all our sake Ellush, please

you have more than enough info

Guest Ellush
For all our sake Ellush, please

you have more than enough info

yes you are rightXD Srry for asking so much...

Thnx for your help, by the way;)

Guest Munchkins
Thanks. Also, I wasn't quite sure because I heard a bunch of different answers from different people. Is there a camera recording, or is there not? Are you able to hear everything that is going on inside the audition room while outside? I've

also seen a couple of audition clips for the weekly auditions on the sm website, and I've seen some of them bring lyrics..o.o is that even acceptable? Lastly, about how many songs should I know fully? Thank you ^.^

Yes, there is a camera recording. How else would they evaluate you in Korea? And the videos on their website is proof if you wanted proof. Whether or not someone can hear you from the outside depends on you. If you sing quietly, they won't hear you. But if you sing loudly, they will. No one will be able to hear any comments given to you by the recorder unless she yells it at you. Also, bringing lyrics is extremly rude. It shows that you didn't practice at all. You should prepare at the very LEAST 3 songs. In the end, it all comes down to your own judgement. :)

Guest lannalor

can anyone give me the site of where i can audition for dsp media??? and jyp??? i've got Sm but i can't find DSP....

sooyoung is korean

soo young is korean...but she can speak Japanese fluently...she used to be in a japanese girl group before she debuted into SNSD...

Guest something-like
can anyone give me the site of where i can audition for dsp media??? and jyp??? i've got Sm but i can't find DSP....

soo young is korean...but she can speak Japanese fluently...she used to be in a japanese girl group before she debuted into SNSD...

and...im fully aware of that

@super_junior4ever

I got the exact same message just an hour ago, it's probably automatic responses.

I sent my audition yesterday.

I just auditioned for fun/I was bored. )x

Guest super_junior4ever

@super_junior4ever

I got the exact same message just an hour ago, it's probably automatic responses.

I sent my audition yesterday.

Ohhhh, alrighty. I was just wondering. Thanks! :)

how do you guys audition for sm?

I couldn't find helpfull informations about online auditions. can we send in our stuff with emailing. Or are we able to audition with regular mail.

Does anybody know their mail address?

edit:

oh its okay now, i found an english version of their audition website :Dhttp://audition.smtown.com/SmUsaAuditionAp...on.asp?lang=eng

Guest something-like
how do you guys audition for sm?

I couldn't find helpfull informations about online auditions. can we send in our stuff with emailing. Or are we able to audition with regular mail.

Does anybody know their mail address?

use email

usaaudition@smtown.com

no one really does mailing nowadays anymore, just sayin

YG's probly gonna start using email too, but they like to be different so cant say for sure

Guest devil2345

I finally received a reply from SM USA about my audition.

"Thank you for your application. Unfortunately, without your demo files or video clips, we are unable to evaluate your talent and potentiality. Please send us your pictures and video clips via email or postal mail (full body and head shot recordings, self introductions and specialties)."

Of course I didn't make because I just wanted to see if I would actually get a response (and slide in the easy way with just pics) ^.^; haha

But now that everything's legit I am totally prepared for this and will try to get a vid up xP

did they reply you before that saying you recieved the email? cause i sent it and i didnt get a confirmation that they recieved it yet

Guest Ellush

Please, do not kill me....! Just one little question. Fpr dancing, do they want you to come up w/ your own dance or is it okay if you copy and dance the dance of the song? Which will lower/higher your chances to get in?

Guest something-like

Please, do not kill me....! Just one little question. Fpr dancing, do they want you to come up w/ your own dance or is it okay if you copy and dance the dance of the song? Which will lower/higher your chances to get in?

(gah now i can view this dam page =,=)

copying a dance doesnt show skill , nuff said :)

Guest Nishiio

Hi!

I'm really sorry if this has been asked already. ><;; But I do have a question...

I'm in New York so I can't get over to LA for the weekly auditions but I was wondering, is there a way to audition by sending them clips online or something? I really want to audition for SM but I have no money or means of transportation to LA and every time they hold Global Auditions, it's in the middle of my exams, ugh...

Thanks in advance!