wearing fake contacts and fake lashes and makeup 24/7 -- too much?

oooroosay

hey girls, so i notice that alot of girls wear fake lashes + fake contacts + wear pounds of makeup almost everyday. 
do u guys think thats a bit too much to do those 3 things every single day? 
=X i mean it is nice to be pretty + care about ur looks
but what do u guys think about wearing that stuff EVERYDAY? 
also, do u guys wear makeup EVERYDAY even on days u just go to the grocery store or something?

Guest AoiAi

I think to use a lot of makeup everyday will just end up making your natural skin age prematurely. Wearing contacts every single day is also bad for you since you need to give your eyes a break.
I don't wear makeup everyday though because I want to be able to walk outside and still think I look presentable with my natural face. 

Well it's just a preference for people to do all that on a daily basis. I don't mind if they choose to do so. Also, some people who wear contacts and fake eyelashes don't wear a lot of face makeup. I think it looks pretty because it enhances the eyes.
Personally, I don't wear contacts and fake eyelashes. I just do some BB cream, eyeshadow, and eyeliner. I don't have time to do a lot of makeup in the morning. xD And no I don't wear makeup everyday.

Guest olivia75

It really depends on many things. ;) I normally do not use anything fake. [-X I believe on natural beauty of myself. I think we all should take care what God gifted to us.

And i usually makeup my face when i go out especially when i go to my college. :x My makeup is not something extra ordinary. I like light makeup. :bz

Guest blush

I think it can get excessive on how much these girls care about their looks, but to each their own. I've met girls who wake up 3 hours before they need to actually leave the house just to do their make-up and hair. I just think about how much time they use up in a day making themselves look good and taking it all off!

For me, I just go to school w/ bb cream and light eye make-up (eyeliner, mascara) and let my hair air dry or tie it up in a sock bun. If I go grocery shopping or something, I just go naturally.

Guest I_play_with_dolls

I generally don't care what one does but I do care of how it may affect their skin but that's just because I can empathize. Wear if everyday if you want though, if it makes you feel confident who am I to lower your self esteem?

Guest dreamingofu213

Yes, it is.  But anyone can do whatever they want. If it's someone close to you (aka friend) you should tell them, otherwise don't mind it.

Guest justxlouise

If it makes that person happy then okay. I wouldn't be able to do it though - fake contacts will worsen my eyesight, don't know how to put falsies on properly and assuming it's a whole face done up make up it's too time consuming.

Guest sallyen

As long as it looks good, I don't think it's too much.. But I am the type of person who will doll myself up (no falsies and lenses though) if I have the extra time to do so and I don't care if it's just a couple of hours in school or if it's in the clinic where I have to see my patients :-)
Having said that, I do go bare-faced very often :)) haha, I don't care.. I do make-up for myself and not for others.. As long as I feel good and it looks good then nothing's too much ;;)

Guest dorkypunk

I'm quite anti false lashes and coloured contacts. They make you look like a completely different person which is not really a good thing. Even getting that dolled up for taking selfies makes me cringe. You must be really unhappy with your natural looks to feel the need to trick others into thinking you're hot. I'm a big fan of light and natural coloured make up.

I have nothing against it, I wear full makeup and false lashes every day (unless I'm bumming around home all day)... I'd wear contacts too if they didn't irritate my eyes. I love makeup though and have been this way since I was like 17 (so like 7 years now lol) so for me it's normal.

Guest misstiem

I notice the same as well. I prefer not to do it because it makes my face feel "heavy". Normally, I only put mascara and maybe eyeliner. There are some days were I decide to wear false eyelashes because I barely have any lol. I used to wear colored contacts that are unnatural FOR me, I'm filipina and I used to wear blue, green ,amethyst, gray colored contacts, but I finally retired them and I use clear ones now. I usually wear them everyday because my vision is horrible and I can't stand having glasses on my face for a long time.
Many of the girls who wear loads of makeup, wear fake contacts, and wear falsies TO ME, tend to look like a completely different person without any of them lol. 

Guest sallyen

I've noticed (especially among girls) that girls who don't wear much make-up tend to care about girls who wear lots of make-up.. Hmmm.. Why is that :)

Guest I_play_with_dolls

sallyen said: I've noticed (especially among girls) that girls who don't wear much make-up tend to care about girls who wear lots of make-up.. Hmmm.. Why is that :)

As long as the girl's makeup isn't hurting their own skin, I see no problem with it. 
However, constant wear and tear (ie- tugging on the eyelids when eyeliner) can really sag the skin. Hence, I'd like to minimize this damage by wearing makeup occasionally. 
Otherwise, why not? 

Guest Dollic

I think it can be bad for your face, but as long as you're taking good care of it after you remove the products, it should be fine.I only wear concealer and eyeliner, so yes I'll usually put it on whenever I go somewhere. 

Archived