UPDATED - 'Fifty Shades of Grey': No Jamie Dornan Full-Frontal

sugarplum892

'50 Shades': Alexander Skarsgard, Jamie Dornan to replace Charlie Hunnam?

True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard and The Fall's Jamie Dornan are reportedly on a list of possible replacements for Charlie Hunnam, who exited the Fifty Shades of Grey movie at the weekend.
Theo James and Christian Cooke are also being considered, The Hollywood Reporter says, while the film has announced that writer Patrick Marber has been hired to refine the script.
Alexander Skarsgard at the 'The East' premiere Jamie Dornan

Oscar-nominated Marber previously worked on Closer and Notes on a Scandal. He also wrote a short film, Love You More, which was directed by Fifty Shades' Sam Taylor-Johnson.
The movie adaptation of EL James's novel will still begin shooting next month, so long as the replacement for Hunnam is found in time.
Universal Pictures confirmed that the Sons of Anarchy actor would no longer be taking the role of Christian Grey on Sunday (October 13).
Hunnam allegedly pulled out after being "overwhelmed" by the hype surrounding the production, with Skarsgard and Dornan now leading the potential names to replace him.
Dakota Johnson is still attached to play Anastasia Steele.
Fifty Shades of Grey will be released next August.
Source

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

'50 Shades of Grey': Jamie Dornan, Dakota Johnson in character portrait

Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson have appeared as their Fifty Shades of Grey characters for the first time. 
The photoshoot from Entertainment Weekly shows Johnson in character as virginal college student Anastasia Steele, alongside Dornan as mysterious billionaire Christian Grey.
Entertainment Weekly cover featuring 'Fifty Shades of Grey' character portrait

Dornan was cast last month to play Grey after Sons of Anarchy star Charlie Hunnam dropped out. 
Sam Taylor-Wood is directing the adaptation of EL James's erotic bestseller, while Patrick Marber (Closer) and Mark Bomback (The Wolverine) have been enlisted to polish Kelly Marcel's script. 
Fifty Shades of Grey has had its release date pushed back to Valentine's Day 2015. 
Source

'50 Shades of Grey' EL James 'disappointed' that Charlie Hunnam quit

Fifty Shades of Grey author EL James has said that she was disappointed that Charlie Hunnam quit the film adaptation of her book.
Hunnam left the lead role of Christian Grey in October, later explaining that he wanted to begin "a new chapter" of his life.
Charlie Hunnam

James has now discussed the "mixed" reaction to Hunnam's casting in Fifty Shades of Grey, and the actor's departure from the project.
"It was very mixed and I had to get off Twitter for a couple of days. I wasn't surprised," James told Entertainment Weekly of Hunnam's initial casting. "People hate change. 
"I thought there would be a few people upset, regardless of whom we had chosen. It was intense, but people came around to it."
The writer added of Hunnam's departure: "It was disappointing, but it is what it is. I wish him well."
E L James Jamie Dornan arriving for the press night of James McAvoy's new play 'Three Days of Rain' at the Apollo Theatre in London.

Jamie Dornan has since replaced Hunnam as Christian Grey and will star in Fifty Shades of Grey opposite Dakota Johnson.
James explained that reaction to Dornan's casting in the movie has thus far been "so positive".
"It was so lovely that people didn't know who he was," she commented. "I loved that."
Fifty Shades of Grey will now open in cinemas on Valentine's Day weekend in 2015.
Source

Guest nana544

The guy actor look just a tiny bit like Matt Bomer; so that's a plus for me. Anywho, the actress is similar to how I pictured Anastasia. I hope their acting won't disappoint.

'50 Shades of Grey': Explicit version to release after R cut?

An explicit version of Fifty Shades of Grey could release alongside the R cut.
The film's producer Dana Brunetti told Collider that two versions could be a viable option for fans who want to keep the story as close to the book as possible.
"This is just my opinion and this doesn't mean this is going to happen, but I always thought it would be really cool if we released the R version and then we had an NC-17 version that we released a few weeks later," Brunetti said.
"Everybody could go and enjoy the R version, and then if they really wanted to see it again and get a little bit more gritty with it then have that NC-17 version out there as well."
The producer said the film would "obviously" receive an R rating, which means under 17s can watch in the company of a parent or adult guardian.
He added that two versions would also be good for the studio as it could attract a double dip at the box office.
Fifty Shades of Grey will open in cinemas on Valentine's Day weekend in 2015
Source

Guest .La.Dolce.Vita.

Oh lord. Dakota as Ana? 
I'm sorry I find that really kind of gross. Because while Dakota might be of age (barely), her face doesn't look it. 
Her face still looks like a little girls so for her to be in that kind of movie....seems like straight out of a pedophile's wet dream. 

'50 Shades' movie: Eloise Mumford to play Anastasia Steele's roommate

Eloise Mumford has joined the cast of Fifty Shades of Grey.
The actress, who starred in ABC's The River, will play Kate - the roommate of lead character Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson).
Actress Eloise Mumford 

Johnson will play innocent college graduate Steele who embarks on a relationship with mysterious billionaire Christian Grey, played by Jamie Dornan.
Dornan was cast last month after Sons of Anarchy star Charlie Hunnam dropped out of the role.
True Blood star Luke Grimes will play Christian's brother Elliot, while Jennifer Ehle has been cast as Anastastia's mother.
50 Shades of Grey author EL James with actress Dakota Johnson and producer Dana Brunetti

Victor Rasuk from HBO drama How to Make It in America will play Ana's friend and classmate José Rodriguez.
Dornan and Johnson recently appeared as their characters for the first time in an Entertainment Weekly photoshoot.
Sam Taylor-Johnson is directing the film adaptation of EL James's erotic novel, which is set to be released on Valentine's Day 2015.
Source

• 2 weeks later...

Rita Ora to play Christian Grey's sister in 50 Shades of Grey movie
Rita Ora has been cast in the Fifty Shades of Grey movie.
The singer confirmed today (December 2) that she will play Christian Grey's adopted sister Mia in the big-screen adaptation.
Rita Ora The Angel Ball, New York, America - 29 Oct 2013

Ora joins Dakota Johnson, Jamie Dornan, Luke Grimes, Eloise Mumford and Jennifer Ehle in the cast for the 2015 film, with Sam Taylor-Johnson on board as director.
It will be the singer's biggest acting role to date, after she made a brief appearance as a Racer in Fast & Furious 6 earlier this year.
The character of Mia appears in all three of EL James's Fifty Shades novels, featuring more heavily towards the end of the trilogy.
Dornan - who replaced Charlie Hunnam as Christian Grey - recently said that he is not "afraid" of taking on the role.
Meanwhile, author EL James has said that she is "terrified" of her book being adapted into a highly-anticipated film.
Fifty Shades of Grey will be released on Valentine's Day weekend in 2015.
Source

• 2 months later...

itemprop="headline" style="font-family: ProximaNova-Light, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 2.25em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: inherit; line-height: 1.11111em; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); word-wrap: break-word; letter-spacing: -1px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"50 Shades of Grey movie wraps filming in VancouverThe Fifty Shades of Grey movie has finished filming in Vancouver.
The author of the Fifty Shades novels, EL James, confirmed that filming for the big screen adaptation drew to a close on Friday (February 21).
First Fifty Shades of Grey movie poster

As well as announcing the news on Twitter, James uploaded a picture of herself with the film's director Sam Taylor-Johnson, with the caption: "One of us is drinking... It's a wrap."
The adaptation stars Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey and Dakota Johnson as Anastasia Steele, while Luke Grimes, Marcia Gay Harden, Eloise Mumford, Jennifer Ehle and Rita Ora feature in the supporting cast.
Producer Michael De Luca recently said that the film will not be as explicit as James's original novel, but emphasised that it will still be erotic.
E L James
The first promotional poster for Fifty Shades of Grey was released in January, with the tagline: "Mr Grey will see you now."
Mad Men star January Jones accused the film of copying the marketing campaign used by the popular AMC series in 2010. 
Fifty Shades of Grey will be released in cinemas on Valentine's Day 2015.
Source

I've tried to read this book and didn't make it past the first chapter. I'm interested in seeing the film, strangely, I'm hoping that the writing gets improved. Particularly as I heard the director was constantly reminding the author that she makes movies not the author.

• 3 weeks later...

class="headline" itemprop="headline" style="font-family: proxima-nova, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 32px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 33px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"'Fifty Shades of Grey's' Jamie Dornan: Friend Won't See 'Disgusting' MovieJamie Dornan, the new face of "Fifty Shades of Grey," admits that he had some "humiliating experiences" during his hundreds of failed auditions before hitting it big as BDSM fan Christian Grey.
Dornan talked to London Evening Standard about getting the role after "Sons of Anarchy" star Charlie Hunnam dropped out and how tragedy has helped him open up to darker content.
He lost his mother at just 16 to pancreatic cancer.
"I was 16. ... Look, I'm not saying that experiencing loss is why I can cope with darker worlds, I'm not saying that for a second," he said. "But I think it opens up a side of you in terms of work that wouldn't be as accessible had that stuff not happened."
Are his friends that he's known since he was young excited for his big break? ... Kind of.
"A friend of mine said, 'I heard about "Fifty Shades." Congratulations on the role. That's going to be disgusting. I won't watch it,'" he said.
What's next for Dornan? He said a romantic comedy is a possibility.
"One hundred percent if [the romcom] was well crafted, which loads of them aren't," he said. "I like the idea of comedy. Being a leading man can come in many different forms."
"Fifty Shades" is set to hit theaters in February 2015.
Source

• 3 months later...

Don Johnson won't be watching his daughter in 50 Shades of GreyKevin Winter/Getty Images

Actress Dakota Johnson scored the buzziest role of her career when she was cast as the lead protagonist, Anastasia Steele, in the upcoming 50 Shades of Grey movie. But there's one person who doesn't plan to see her in the racy drama when it arrives next year: her father, actor Don Johnson, who recently revealed that he made a pact with Dakota not to see 50 Shades of Grey.
"It's not something I would go to anyway," said Don Johnson in an interview with The Telegraph. "I probably will not see it, just because it's not a movie I would see. I've never seen The Vampire Diaries, I've never seen Twilight. It's in a category of films that I just wouldn't be interested in" — a category that Netflix would presumably call something like "Edgy Bondage-Themed Movies Starring Your Daughter."Source

I read a lot of criticism against these books like it's anti-feminist (and the like) but as a woman, I don't care that EL James wants to base her own fantasies as a book. I just have a bone to pick with her editor and the publishing company that released the book without correcting anything or making her rewrite anything. This isn't fair to other authors who do have to rewrite their whole novel.

Archived