Prom 2013 Dresses~

exotaobaby

Hey guys! I know it's a bit early, but I kind of wanted to start this thread for the people who either found their ideal dress/are still searching :)
I already bought my prom dress and I just got a call asking to come in for the fitting, and I really like it! :)
lafemme-15361-2.jpg

This is my dress~ it's called the La Femme 15361.

hot_sale_long_prom_dress_P-02.jpg

I love this dress too!
I still can't decide on hair, but i'm thinking of putting it in a half up half down
snsd-sooyoung-jestina.jpg

Soo excited for prom!And I'm super excited to discuss :D
Prom dress posts from past years are welcome as well, just for the sake of ideas :)

Oh your dress is beautiful! It actually reminds me of my last prom dress (years ago).
Mine was also La Femme and that same navy color. Unfortunately, I can't find a pic of the dress in navy; I can only find it in red so I'll post that for some ideas.

Now, I'm too old for prom already, even though the last one I was asked to go to I was already in college, but recently I was looking online for a dress to wear to a wedding and I stumbled upon this prom dress. If I went to another prom (but I won't), I'd get this (referring to last pic posted) LOL. Someone should get it!

Hair half up half down is always pretty! I would do that too. xD

s10lf15042.jpgs10lf15042xtra.jpg

p4727softmango11.jpg

Guest leeminni

Omg those dresses are so pretty!I found my dress a couple weeks ago but im still looking for a hairstyle and shoes.I'm super excited ^-^2lm5dzt.png

Guest HappiBunni17

@xRiChan @Peace_UP I'm only 5 feet so not much taller :P  I want to get a knee length dress because I think it would suit me better!  IDK why but I feel like I suit lacy ballerina-ish ones more than long drapy demure ones.  These modcloth ones look really pretty but I'm not sure about the fit.  I'm looking for a lower budget dress.  Are they too casual?  I've never been to a dance before, so this will be my first one.  Kind of nervous.  I wrote about them in a blog post here.cotillon-dress.jpggold-dress.jpgmint-dress.jpg

@HappiBunni17 

Ha, good to know I'm not alone! I like all of them, hm, I may just go with a dress like that, they're really pretty! My favorite is the first one though, the color looks really nice, hopefully it matches the actual dress's color.

Guest HappiBunni17

@xRiChan yeah I'm just worried that it would be too casual, especially if everyone else is wearing super expensive long gowns :/  

Guest moon strut

I rocked a short dress to my prom last year, and it was fine, awesome. I'm really short as well, maybe 5' flat, MAYBE. But I kinda wish I wore a long dress anyway. Just wasn't sure if I could pull it off. Maybe a high-low would have worked.

Guest HappiBunni17

lol this thread is dominated by us shorties :Phigh-low sounds really cool but i think it's a bit overdone?  i see them everywhere O_O

Guest moon strut

Well, I guess they're all hip and popular now. Last year, there were close to no high-lows worn to prom. I only saw one or two. But yeah, I suppose it wouldn't be ideal to wear one this year since it's so common.

If you feel like short dressed suit you better, try some nice long dresses anyway. You might find what you're looking for in something you might have expected.

Does anybody want to buy my prom dress from me? I bought it for $200 at Nordstrom. It's size 8, but most of it is loose, so if you're in the B to small C cup range, it will probably fit you. I'd like to sell it for $80, shipped. PM me if you have any questions :)Edit: I got it altered so I could wear it with flat sandals, and I'm 5'4".
226706_10150165282741316_7430738_n.jpg

Guest HappiBunni17

Wow can you give me the link to that one?  It's sparkly and poofy and "ballerina-esque" like how I wanted!  I think it's really pretty and definitely not too "normal" :)

Guest kisschu

I also just ordered my dress. I got it from a little store in my town and it gets dresses from other larger companies. It also does this special thing where if you buy the dress with them, you will be the only one with that style/colored dress. I will post up a picture once it ships. I'm really excited for Prom 2013, my senior prom!

I've finally decided. 4'11'' and all, I'm going with a long one. I found this one in Macy's (of all places!) that I really really like. I have yet to go to the store and get it, but my parents like it (and they're willing to pay for all of it ^^) so only one more hurdle to cross!

This is the one: Piece of Gorgeousness 

What do you guys think of it?

Does anyone know where to get this dress? I know that light in the box has it, but the site does not seem legit so I don't wanna risk it. I've seen it on a couple of people last year @ prom but i never got the chance to ask them.. Any help please? Been searching high and low for this prom dress :( 
dress_zps351b034f.png

Guest HappiBunni17

What do you think of these?  They're from windsorstore.  I've never ordered from there before though, so I don't know about the fit/quality.  The tiers on the first one, sequins on the second one, and peacock design on the third one are so pretty though!  And of course I love the poofy tulle :D1_158890_FS_FRONT_Annaca-Blush-Pink-Prom1_161612_FS_FRONT_Carrie--Multi-Peach-Pr1_119313_FS_FRONT_Balbina-Peacock-Prom-D

Archived