• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kdramafanusa

Yoo Jae-suk, Ryu Seung-ryong Win Top Prizes at 2013 Paeksang Arts Awards

2013/05/09 by Lee Hye Ji

2013051000021151569.jpg
The 49th Paeksang Arts Awards winners Ha Jung-woo (left), Kim Min-hee (second to left), Yoo Jae-suk (third to left), Ryu Seung-ryong (third to right), Kim Hee-ae (second to right) and Son Hyun-joo (right) at the awards ceremony held at the Peace Palace in Kyunghee University in Seoul, Korea on May 9, 2013. [ilgan Sports]

Korean comedian Yoo Jae-suk and actor Ryu Seung-ryong won the top prizes of the 49th Paeksang Arts Awards, the annual festivity for on-screen and off-screen professionals in the Korean entertainment scene.

Yoo Jae-suk was handed the Grand Prize in the TV category for his outstanding show hosting abilities in MBC’s variety show “Infinite Challenge” and SBS’s “Running Man,” while Ryu Seung-ryong was awarded the same honor in the film category for his role as a mentally-retarded prisoner in box office smash hit “Miracle in Cell No. 7.”

SBS thriller “THE CHASER” was named the best TV series and its male lead Son Hyun-joo was awarded the prize of best male actor, while MBC variety show “Dad! Where Are We Going?” picked up the top prize for best variety show with its overwhelming popularity the last four months.

KBS family drama “My Husband Got a Family” star Lee Hee-jun received the award for best new TV actor and Jung Eunji, lead vocalist of girl band A-PINK, picked up the trophy for best new TV actress with her TV debut series “Reply 1997.”

TV producer Kim Gyu-tae of SBS melodrama “That Winter, the Wind Blows,” starring Zo In-sung and Song Hye-gyo, received the best director award with his acclaimed directing in the hit TV drama.

Over in the film category, director Choo Chang-min’s box office megahit “Masquerade,” starring Lee Byung-hun and Han Hyo-joo, was named both best picture and best director.

Actor Ha Jung-woo won the title of best actor with his role of a North Korean spy in blockbuster “The Berlin File,” and Kim Min-hee was named best actress with her acclaimed acting in romance film “Very Ordinary Couple”

The first-ever winners for best supporting actor and actress, categories launched this year, were Don Lee of thriller “The Neighbor” and Cho Eun-ji of period-set drama “The Concubine.”

Also, while scenarist Jeong Byung-gil grabbed the best script award with his thriller “Confession of Murder,” rookie director Cho Seong-hee took home the trophy for best new director with Song Joong-gi’s melodrama “A Werewolf Boy.”

Big name Hallyu stars Park Yuchun and Park Shin-hye embraced their third popularity awards for MBC melodrama “Missing You” and box office smash “Miracle in Cell No.7,” respectively.

2013 Paeksang Arts Awards – List of Winners

《 TELEVISION CATEGORY 》

▲ Grand Prize : Yoo Jae-suk (“Infinite Challenge”)

▲ Best Show – Drama : “THE CHASER” (SBS)
▲ Best Show – Culture : “Korean Cuisine and Dining” (KBS)
▲ Best Show – Entertainment/Variety : “Dad! Where Are We Going?”( MBC)

▲ Best Director : Kim Gyu-tae (“That Winter, the Wind Blows,” SBS)

▲ Best Actor : Son Hyun-joo (“THE CHASER,” SBS)
▲ Best Actress : Kim Hee-ae (“How Long I’ve Kissed,” jTBC)

▲ Best New Actor : Lee Hee-jun (“My Husband Got a Family,” KBS)
▲ Best New Actress : Jung Eun-ji (“Reply 1997,” tvN)

▲ TV Variety Show – Male : Kim Byung-man (“The Laws of the Jungle,” SBS)
▲ TV Variety Show – Female : Shin Bo-ra (“Gag Concert,” KBS)

▲ Best Script : Park Gyeong-soo (”THE CHASER,” SBS)

▲ Popularity Award – Male : Park Yuchun (“Missing You,” MBC)
▲ Popularity Award – Female : Yuri of Girls’ Generation (“Fashion King,” SBS)

《 FILM CATEGORY 》

▲ Grand Prize : Ryu Seung-ryong (“Miracle in Cell No. 7”)

▲ Best Picture : “Masquerade”

▲ Best Director : Choo Chang-min (“Masquerade”)

▲ Best Actor : Ha Jung-woo (“The Berlin File”)
▲ Best Actress : Kim Min-hee (“Very Ordinary Couple”)

▲ Best Supporting Actor : Don Lee (“The Neighbor”)
▲ Best Supporting Actress : Cho Eun-ji (“The Concubine”)

▲ Best New Actor : Ji Dae-han (“My Little Hero”)
▲ Best New Actress : Han Ye-ri (“As One”)

▲ Best Script : Jeong Byung-gil (“Confession of Murder”)

▲ Best New Director : Cho Seong-hee (“A Werewolf Boy”)

▲ Popularity Award – Male : Kim Dong-wan (“Deranged”)
▲ Popularity Award – Female : Park Shin-hye (“Miracle in Cell No.7”)

▲ Social Contribution Award : Ahn Seong-gi

Reporter. Lee Hye Ji hjlee@tenasia.co.kr
Editor Jessica Kim

Courtesy of Ilgan Sports

※ Any copying, republication or redistribution of TENASIA`s content is expressly prohibited without prior consent of TENASIA. Copyright infringement is subject to criminal and civil penalties.
<ⓒ Korea Entertainment Journal TENASIA(tenasia.us) All rights reserved.>

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="date-header" style="font-size: 11px; margin-top: 1.5em; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0.5em; margin-left: 0px; font: normal normal normal 78%/normal 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 0.2em; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); text-align: center; "FRIDAY, MAY 10, 2013

Kim Min Hee & Han Hyo Joo Attend 49th Baeksang Arts Awards

8722791739_f2c35d3c30_z.jpg

South Korean actresses, Kim Min Hee (김민희) and Han Hyo Joo (한효주) attended the 49th Annual Baeksang Arts Awards held in Seoul, South Korea on May 9, 2013.

Kim Min Hee (김민희) wore a black bow gown from Saint Laurent Spring/Summer 2013 collection. Accessorizing her look with the same wide belt seen on the runway.

Han Hyo Joo (한효주) looked sultry in a netted crepe dress with knotted ribbon buttons from Emilio PucciSpring/Summer 2013 collection. A black clutch and patent pumps to complete her look.

The vibe of the Saint Laurent gown on Kim Min Hee (김민희) was completely different from the runway. Perhaps it is because of her make up, especially those pink lips.

I absolutely love the subtle details on the Emilio Pucci dress Han Hyo Joo (한효주) wore. However, it seems like she is in need of a haircut.

Get Han Hyo Joo (한효주)'s 'Silk-Crepe And Net Dress' on Net-A-Porter for USD$4,085.00.
http://www.eiffelinseoul.com/2013/05/kim-min-hee-han-hyo-joo-attend-49th.html

Guest jjsweeter0211

CHUNGMURO/FILM
49th Baeksang Arts Awards

by javabeans | 

bsa13_kimminhee2.jpg

The Baeksang Arts Awards really snuck up on me this year. This awards ceremony is the lone wolf being held in the springtime rather than toward the end of the year (as is the case with the broadcaster events and film awards like the Grand Bells and Blue Dragons), and is also unusual in that it awards both film and television.

Because of the timing, the Baeksangs sometimes feels a little out of sync with the “cycle” of awards being handed out, because some of these films are new hits while others feel like they’ve already done the circuit, collected trophies, and should have already moved on. I guess that’s the price you pay for being different, though.

As always, there are a few awards that make me wonder, “Really? Them?” but it’s nice to see a wide spread of movies and dramas represented on the whole. No particular domination occurred, though a couple titles took home multiple awards in the big categories: movies Gift of Room No. 7 and Gwanghae, the Man Who Became King and drama The Chaser.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/05/49th-baeksang-arts-awards/

Guest jjsweeter0211

Yoo Jae Suk and Ryu Seung Ryong Take Home Daesangs at the ′Paeksang Arts Awards′

2013-05-10 12:48  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld An So Hyoun
Translation Credit :
 Erika Kim  

Ryu Seung Ryong and Yoo Jae Suk won the highest honors at this year′s Paeksang Arts Awards.

The two each won the Daesang in film and TV at the49th Paeksang Arts Awards held on May 9.

35891002.jpg

Ryu Seung Ryong won his award for his appearance in the film The Gift of Room 7, which led him to promptly put on his Yong Gu act after receiving his trophy.

He added after a great bout of laughter, "I want to thank the three directors I′ve worked with, my co-stars and my staff. I believe our audience loved this lacking film because it was a strength and comfort to minorities and the victims of prejudice. I will strive to become an actor who dreams of change but never changes."

Yoo Jae Suk said after winning his own Daesang in TV, "Variety staff have to go higher when we go high, and lower when we go low. I hope their working environment improves, and I want to thank them. All personalities in variety worry about the same thing and dream of the same goal. They all prepare the next week and the week after that with thoughts of how they can draw out the most laughs. I hope our viewers will never become concerned or worried, because we′ll make sure they get their laughs."

Ha Jung Woo of Berlin and Kim Min Hee of Temperature of Love won Top Excellence in film, while Son Hyeon Joo of SBS′ The Chaser and Kim Hee Ae of jTBC′s A Wife′s Credentials won the same in TV. There was no argument about any of the winners.

The New Actor and Actress Award in film went to child actor Ji Dae Han and Han Ye Ri, while Lee Hee Jun of KBS′Unexpected You and A Pink′s Jung Eun Ji of tvN′s Reply 1997 won in TV. With this, Ji Dae Han became the youngest actor to win the New Actor Award in the history of the Awards.

The Top Supporting Role Awards were given to Ma Dong Seok of My Neighbor and Jo Eun Ji of The King′s Concubine.

Kim Byung Man and Shin Bora also enjoyed wins for their variety feats in SBS′ The Laws of the Jungle and KBS′ Gag Concert.

Shinhwa′s Kim Dong Wan won this year′s Popularity Award in film for his role in Deranged along with Park Shin Hye ofThe Gift of Room 7. The Popularity Award in TV went to JYJ′s Park Yoo Chun of I Miss You and Girls′ Generation (SNSD)′s Yuri of Fashion King.

Masquerade secured two awards this day, taking home the Best Picture and Director Awards. KBS′ The Koreans′ Tablewon for being the best educational program, MBC′s Dad! Where Are We Going took over variety and SBS′ The Chaserwon in drama.

Producer Kim Gyu Tae of SBS′ That Winter, the Wind Blows was acknowledged for his skills with an award in directing.

The Screenplay Award in film went to director Jung Byung Gil of Confession of Murder while the Screenplay Award in TV went to screenwriter Park Kyung Soo of The Chaser.

Director Jo Sung Hee of A Werewolf Boy won the New Director Award, showing he had a bright future up ahead of him.

Photo credit: jTBC

Archived