What do you guys think of human barbie dolls like Dakota Rose?

Guest misswengie

As with anything, moderation is the key. It doesn't bother me if people go for a dolly look by using eyeliner to make their eyes look bigger, use foundation and concealer to get flawless skin, or just try to look cute. However, if they pile on the foundation, Photoshop their features, etc. it's too much and just looks fake. I feel that makeup should enhance our features and not drastically change the way we look.

As for Dakota, I think she looks cute even though she looks a chubbier than in her pictures and videos. I was also surprised it would possible to edit videos to make it match the way she looks in her photos.

Guest moo_lah

Uhh, I remember when I came across Dakota and I literally wanted to cover my face with a paper bag and never look back. But then I discovered her lies and everything was better again. I follow her now for her drama though, it's entertaining, but I'm kind of happy that she's doing okay in Japan.

As for the doll look, I really like it. It looks so cute and innocent, and since I'm a fan of anime it just makes it better haha. I've tried it out a couple of times before, but I've never had the proper materials. Maybe one day I'll achieve it.

Guest hearthealer

tumblr_m0doz4vHZS1qersozo1_500.jpg
I've posted her before, Zhang Xin Yuan. She's an actual Chinese doll, with a photobook out and i believe she was a student of the Central Academy of Drama in Beijing. And to me, somehow she's so much more appealing than any of the other "dolls" out there. There's a lot less flake about her, she seems far more real and tbh, dakota rose and that Valerie girl both creep the stuffin' out of me.

oh...and an unedited...almost no makeup face (and i'm sorry about the huge photos :( )6650e457jw1dwdsvube06j.jpg?w=579&h=579

Guest dreamingofu213

@hearthealer I agree, she looks like a porcelain doll. pic29.jpg
Wang Jiayun was quite famous for resembling a doll:
11481785_Wang_Jiayun_09.jpgwang-jia-yun-10.jpgWithout editing:Wang-Jiayun-without-editing-21.jpg4d6fea4b7de2c_11.jpg

Guest hearthealer

@dreamingofyou213 @choelle  ^ She is isn't she? And also, well...i don't think she PSes her photos as much as the other dolls do.

• 1 month later...
Guest Sarah1430292388

I really hate how fake she is,She won't even admit to wearing circle lenses. That's just stupid,

Guest olivia75

I really like her. :x She got extra ordinary cute face. We all know that she almost look like a human barbie ;) I wish if i had this type of face =))

Guest I_play_with_dolls

I don't like it too much because its just kinda too cutesy for me to find attractive. She's a pretty girl though but her make up style to achieve her look isn't my thing. It's too bad she has a richard simmons personality.

Zhang Xin Yuan is absolutely gorgeous. I think Dakota Rose is pretty just as she is, without all that photoshop. The difference between her photoshopping and some others is just the amount, like, you can barely recognize Dakota without the PS.

I dont like Dakota in japanese video but I do like her in some photoshoped pictures. After all, its cheaper than plastic surgery, isnt it?
BTW both are abbreviated to "PS".
  - photoshop = PS
  - plastic surgery = PS
:)
As for Zhang Xin Yuan, she is just beautiful without any fakeness or dolliness.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest roro1430291890

will i think in the world were every one trying to look as close as to prefect its really ugly of her to go on like that saying she is all that perfect making a lot of people feel bad about them self i don't care what she do to her self but i just don't like lairs at all 

Guest mukinsvivi

well, breaking news, asian culture idolizes doll-like features? I think not........ lols, this topic has been talked about ever since I joined soompi (2008) that's like five years ago; and I'm pretty confident that it's been a hot topic years before my soompi conquest.  In my opinion, why is she to blame? She only recreates herself like a doll because this culture allows her to do so. If you want to be angry, you should be looking at the central audience which promotes her image. Big companies like etude, bravo, etc have advertised her image, and it's obviously doing good becausethey haven't exposed her photoshopping lies to the public yet..(I don't believe so at least.) They wantto sell their products by associating doll-like features with their company. It's humans who are acceptingthis classical conditioning, and encourages her to keep on using programs to make herself look like a doll. 
there are so many countless stories about internet-celebrities, just because she is now ''famed'' is due to people's perception of beauty. She alters herself according to what people idolized, she is responding to her audience. Is it wrong for her to be imposing lies? Of course it is, but think about who is promoting her. big companies, everyday people, etc. They are the ones who are making her famous. So if you want to be mad, I suggest you go and think about who you ''look-up.'' In my honest opinion, who cares about her? I'm sure if you didn't read this forum, you would probably be living your live without all these dolly images idolizing!
Remember, you are who you decide to be... :P if you want to look like a doll, then do that. You won't look like that forever, trust me.. unless you are asian! (lol, jk!)   

dd64ad9133d27134f11e10a5df2e63cf.jpg?itoEver heard of Anastasiya Shpagina? Real life anime. Shes quite scary looking, only because she looks too flawless and fake and unreal... but when you watch videos on youtube of her actually talking and moving, its pretty crazy!

^ She just did a new make-up tutorial and she looks ... normal.
I was blown away for a minute because I was so used to the anime look she did and to see her light make-up?
Just goes to really show that make-up does wonders to your face.

And Dakota is going crazy wit PS her eyes bigger. Was just recently on her blog and I was scared when I saw how big she made her eyes.
There is such thing as too big.

Archived