[Drama 2013] You're The Best Lee Soon Shin - 최고다 이순신

phoung

• Replies 44.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Layali said: Indeed.JH did mention something like that.so this means the writer-nim has amnesia.Why he repeating same plot again and again? wench didnt get the message of her and JH being over..so she's still clinging on to him.shouldn't JH  reiterate his position till she gets it into her non-biodegradable head? 

The real scene between SS and JH :JH : you sleep here. I sleep outside.SS  : but... there's lot of mosquito outside..JH : it's alright. ( but with expression begging to be rescued). 
later on.... 
SS   : daep..daepyunim.. if there is lot mosquitos, come inside and sleep here.JH  : it's okay.        (Inside his heart -> YESSSSS!!!!! YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!)

if the ones stranded happen to be JH and YA :
JH  : I sleep here. YOU sleep outside. ( push YA out of the room and lock the door)
YA spent the night being a dinner for mosquito while JH had a nice sleep..

lovelyJihan said: guccigal said: rachieex said: Hi guys I've been reading this thread since yesterday and I just signed up right now. I don't know what to say about episode 38 cause why would JH go to YA first? I understand it was an emergency but his plan to confess his love to SS was VERY important too. Now I'm worried cause SS might actually feel like she was played because of the bed night scene and I don't want that to happen. Freaking YA The writer is forcing random scenes/conflicts to happen.How stupid of Jun Ho not to even call SS that he'll be late?Sometimes, this writer drives me nuts with her forced conflicts (aka stupidity of protagonists) it really doesn't make sense,does it i mean he could read the news from the internet why go all the way to YA,when the love of his love was waiting, what can possibly be more important,besides he could confess to SS first and tell the paparazi news, that it's lie and he will clear up, but now it's just getting ridiculous,what if he totally forgets about SS when YA starts drinking,than what he is going to take her home???!!!!!!!!!where is @akinahana89 plss explain this to us.. it's killing me :(( Someone called me? :D :D lol.

Alright... about the situation from my perspective. YA is playing JH. She wants him to go to her, rather than she to him. When she called him and JH said that he had somewhere he needed to go, YA should realize that he was meeting SS because of how close the two of them had been and the fact that they have constantly been in each others' presence. She tells him that she needs to see him because it's urgent. When someone says that, no matter who it is, it's only natural to ask what's going on. As Gabi Ent CEO, you should be alert the moment someone says, "Didn't you see the news?" As Gabi Ent CEO who happens to be in love, you should be even more alert the moment someone says, "You and I are on the cover news." Especially if that someone is an ex-girlfriend because chances are, some kind of rumor/scandal has broken out. It makes sense for JH to first try and figure out exactly what was published because YA was holding the bait, demanding he go and see her to find out what was written. In the mind of JH, it will only take a few minutes to meet YA, figure out what's going on, plan a course of action, and then go along his merry way to meet SS.

The fact that he didn't call SS first to let her know he'd be late is, quite simply, a kdrama cliche. How many kdramas have we seen where the OTP is fully prepared to confess their love only for someone to get in the way? Usually by the ex-girlfriend? A phone call, a scandal, a threat for suicide, an accident - We've seen all these before - the typical scenario that causes more angst and drama for the OTP before they get together in the end; the scenarios that cause misunderstandings between the OTPs. I wish the writer had been a bit more original if she was going to cause another conflict between SS and JH, but what can you do when kdramas are littered with cliches anyway?

No matter what happens though, JH won't forget SS. He loves her too much to forget her. Paired with the fact that he has zilch interest in YA. Sure, YA might get drunk and something happens that makes JH give her a ride home, but at the end of the night, JH will still return to SS. He'll probably try to locate her at her house and offer an explanation, but she's too upset to see him. This is all very cliche and typical. The good thing about this is that the news broadcast that SS saw stated that both parties agencies have yet to release a confirmation statement. This gives JH room to clear the air regarding the rumor, so even though the damage has been done, it can still be smoothed out fairly quickly. Not only that, but YA will be revealed as the culprit behind the scandal.

This, to me, should be a very short-lived scandal/conflict. There are too many holes in this to take longer than the next episode to resolve, unless the writer's new mission for this drama is to disappoint her viewers with more cliches on top of cliches.

And that's my take. :D

i'm bored right now and where is everyone? bored smiley my office also feel sooo gloomy. and it make my imagination running wild.
i think we need someone here who want to go to Korea and knock JH head.bangin-smiley-face.gif?1302011309 :-t after that he will be hospitalize. stretcher-smiley-face.gif?1302011429good for him. and IS will tell SS but SS run away before IS said that daepyonim is not in serious injury. every media in total shock that YA suppose 'boyfriend' is injured and rushing to hospital to know the story. YA also rushing there. SS arrived first and panicly searching for her daepyo like he gonna die later. then he saw him looking good like always just minor injury in his head she fell shock and relief. she crying tears-smiley-face.gif?1302011431 and run to him and hug himguy-hug-msn-smiley.gif?1301999545girl-hug-msn-smiley.gif?1301999545 make JH in totally shock but of course he will enjoy it. at the moment YA and a couple of reporter burst into the hospital and see them in each other arm. gah, imagine look in the YA face. =)) reporters starting to snap camera-msn-smiley.gif?1301999543 their picture and Shin-Shin totally dont care and just look at each other.inlove-smiley-face.gif?1302011381after that the hot stories spread in all the media. MR and Mama Shin acting like mama hen, JA couldnt belief herself and halmoni aigoooooo. MR and Mama Shin starting the WW3argue-1-smiley-face.gif?1302011307. YA losing face and has to hide because people keep questioning hergossip-smiley-face.gif?1302011372. (dont want to think if she make another sceme).and the couple? take a ship and play Titanic and went to that island island-msn-smiley.gif?1301999546 meeting funny ahjusshi. (what a simple mind i have)
everyone want to add something? or anyone who want to be a volunteer to knock JH head? raise your hand.

Guest maejm

sorry to cut your post

akinahana89 said:The fact that he didn't call SS first to let her know he'd be late is, quite simply, a kdrama cliche. How many kdramas have we seen where the OTP is fully prepared to confess their love only for someone to get in the way? Usually by the ex-girlfriend? A phone call, a scandal, a threat for suicide, an accident - We've seen all these before - the typical scenario that causes more angst and drama for the OTP before they get together in the end; the scenarios that cause misunderstandings between the OTPs. I wish the writer had been a bit more original if she was going to cause another conflict between SS and JH, but what can you do when kdramas are littered with cliches anyway?

maejm said: sorry to cut your post

akinahana89 said:The fact that he didn't call SS first to let her know he'd be late is, quite simply, a kdrama cliche. How many kdramas have we seen where the OTP is fully prepared to confess their love only for someone to get in the way? Usually by the ex-girlfriend? A phone call, a scandal, a threat for suicide, an accident - We've seen all these before - the typical scenario that causes more angst and drama for the OTP before they get together in the end; the scenarios that cause misunderstandings between the OTPs. I wish the writer had been a bit more original if she was going to cause another conflict between SS and JH, but what can you do when kdramas are littered with cliches anyway?

ahoxan said: KQI88 said:

I just want to say that, in all my 8 years as a drama watcher this is the first time that i flipped a table...DAMN YOU YEON AH! DAMN YOU! SO CLOSE TO A CONFESSION!! I was just imagining that we could have 12 episodes of the couple fighting the richard simmons storm that comes at every drama end...if after 50 episodes we got just one louse one episode of them as a couple...i will flip another table

Also...I'm a grown man but my heart skip a beat when SS was playing with JH...all cudly...damn I (and pretty much every men out there) envy the actor so much! I was just imagining if i had IU in my arms like that...:\"> 

And to finish this little rant(?), please writternim...at this point I don't care about HS husband, just leave the damn guy in Hong Kong...

edensor said: ahoxan said: KQI88 said:

I just want to say that, in all my 8 years as a drama watcher this is the first time that i flipped a table...DAMN YOU YEON AH! DAMN YOU! SO CLOSE TO A CONFESSION!! I was just imagining that we could have 12 episodes of the couple fighting the richard simmons storm that comes at every drama end...if after 50 episodes we got just one louse one episode of them as a couple...i will flip another table

Also...I'm a grown man but my heart skip a beat when SS was playing with JH...all cudly...damn I (and pretty much every men out there) envy the actor so much! I was just imagining if i had IU in my arms like that...:\"> 

And to finish this little rant(?), please writternim...at this point I don't care about HS husband, just leave the damn guy in Hong Kong...

@iSK & @gotdlookz
Welcome aboard….glad that you enjoy our discussion. Please pardon our byeontae jokes & other doesn’t-make-any-sense-comments as we daily need to it to survive this drama. 

@evok
me toooo….i dun like that pink dress. The white lacing on top of flowery prints on the neck was out of place. I think it was horrible and must be more horrible in the real life than on the camera. SS’ black shoes is more like my mom’s health-shoes (like scholls etc) than for pretty chicks like SS & us. The dress doesn’t put great emphasis on the tummy too…elastic tummy without covering?? Uglyyy….looks more like my home dress…
I think CM’s blue dress look so much better than SS’ pink garden dress

@hye
Thank you so much for the fashion review. I love fashion & pretty dresses, and I appreciate your fashion posts. I know it takes time & works to research on them, save & upload the pictures….and there are lots lots of them. Thank yooou

@Amy
You’re so cute, girl…..i had to cover my mouth not make any sound while laughing so hard at your comments, particularly your exchanged comments with @LovelyJihan @yoeda & @tiendoank. Somehow I felt bad if we, byeontaes, influence you in negative ways. Be who you are & don’t bother about our hopeless non-sense. Keep it up, girl

@KQI88
I welcome another guy-fan on YTBLSS. i’m so glad you share our addiction & frustration as well. My 1st impression that you’re more normal than the other 2….(1 is over-zealous for IJ who hardly ever show up lately, while the other 1 is mostly ever show up only on byeontaes’ lecture session) hahahaha…but, even if you turn out to be another unique character, we still love you with us

@akinahana89 @edensor @LovelyJihan @tiendoank @Ally @jjsiu @annamchoi @yoeda @AlobAro @ahoxan @1bin and @ALL_Other …thank you ALL. I really enjoy your comments

edensor said: iu93jjang said: JJS/IU is the most awesome,cutest couple that i ever seen.. their chemistry is beyond amazing and just having these two scene together no matter how short it is it always give smile to me.. to be truth i never expect that i love them so much because of all age gap.. JJS bring out the best from IU in acting and himself is one amazing actor and i love him for that.. IU she really happy these day compare to before the drama start and as a fan i feel great that she doing the two thing she like most singing and acting.. and the only question is why it is so hard to make these two happy together???????  ~X(
its like they give us CW/YS to be the happy one and our OTP suffer like from ep 20 until now.. i just want them to get through all the drama together.. its fine with me if they already a couple and ALL the problem that writer want to have happen but we don't even have that =(( if the writer excuse is because to protect IU image they are totally wrong.. the hug scene and bed scene already done with excellent skin ship.. :)) i wonder what in their mind.. :-?i wish they have something good in their mind next week.. :)these two deserve each other :x

Honestly speaking... I think IU and Jo Jung Suk is saving this drama.Their chems is out of questions. I'm watching lot of dramas too and I think I have to say that their chems is the best so far. They're so... just fit, perfect together. All their scene is so natural. Imagine if the script is lot more better than this, this drama will have much more better ratings.
I'm sorry writer nim... but I think this story is a mess. The characters development was weird... And the writer look like make a shift who'll be the villain in each episodes. In one episodes its MR who did crazy stuff, in other episodes its JA that crazily hate Soon Shin, then Yoo Shin and Holmoni. Keep moving to chicken ahjumma, YA, IJ, Hye Shin mom in laws, and even Junho. 
Now that I think about it... there is so many characters so mean to soon Shin and yet she still... like that? The writer really stuck on others characters development but never Soon Shin.
I really hope the development of the story will be better than this.Please... do a good writing writernim... think all the holes and make the last 12 eps good quality drama with the development of the story don't miss to resolve all the puzzle. Don't miss a single piece please...
I love this drama so please don't make a bad taste at the end writer nim... jeballl... Can I just agree with both @iu93jjang and @edensor at the same time?

I am honestly so, so, so amazed by JJS and IU's chemistry. Out of all the dramas I've ever watched, I honestly have to say that JJS/IU pairing is Top 3. They are like perfection together. It helps that JJS is a superb actor. I have never seen stages of emotions so natural, so clear, flickering across someone's face in the span of just a few moments (like the CD scene). And IU, while not as experienced in acting, is doing a most excellent job of it. Even with the age gap between them, I honestly do not notice it in the drama and if they end up dating in real life... that would be, like, the best ever. lol.

Yes, I do wish the writer had done better with plot and character development and consistency... but I do have to thank them for one thing: giving us a chance to see JJS and IU as the OTP on screen. It would have been such a terrible shame if two people with so much chemistry never got a chance to display that,

yoeda said: @akinahana89 sorry to cut your post dear
i notice that when i watching raw. and i couldnt stop LOL. SS like want to seek protection in JH arm and he keep shifting in her seat. common boy just hug her.  ;) and realise SS more advance than JH in that episode. she initiate everything. the joke, the pinch cheek like she couldnt control herself anymore. knowing that how that awkward that man can be i'm not surprise if SS also initiate their first kiss. =)) when she playing with his brow and cheek i keep wondering why that tiny naughty hand doesnt go lower to those kissable lips. like the PD take a control measure there. but i think its ok if not all of us will feel like dying squeeling. sorry its not my byeon.. mind but my curious thought.about shin mama and papa i think they need this conflict. we can see before how soulness their marriage. its always mama Shin give everything and papa Shin always treat her badly. this is for papa Shin process to learn to appreciate her wife and family more. common you guys has two beautiful children already dont tell me you doesnt love each other a bit. i know mama Shin really love her husband but sadly her husband doesnt show her his feeling. but, guys always like that sometimes cold and ignoring. just put a baseball bat in his head to knock him until he realize what his mistake. :-t I actually hope JH will man-up a little bit more and actually take control and action of his feelings. He has been in love with SS for so long... how could he possibly keep holding himself back?! LOL. I want him to be more firm, more confident, and more forward.

And I agree that the conflict is needed for Doc Shin to begin appreciating his wife, but I just really feel for her right now. I didn't like her much in the beginning, especially when she kept badmouthing SS, but this is the secret side of her - the pain that we didn't get to see before and it saddens me to see how unappreciated she is after giving her all for her husband.

yoeda said: @tiendoank you're really funny. =)) who's tortures who? i think the PD torture both of them. at least IU got what she want. remember at the talk show she describe how she like JJS skin and cheek? now she can touch it.  mouse-girl-emoticon-37.gif?1292795474

Archived