[Hong Kong TVB Drama 2012] Friendly Fire 法網狙擊

sugarplum892

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Ronan Pak's Valentine's Day singleThursday February 7, 2013 Hong KongSource
1khn1.jpg
Actor Ronan Pak, who gained a lot of attention for his small role as Samantha Ko's rapist in TVB series, "Friendly Fire", is showcasing his musical talent by releasing a single.

As reported on Groove Asia website, the actor recently collaborated with 2013's newcomer, singer Dickson Chan and came out with a single, "Don't Bother", to be released on Valentine's Day.

Ronan, who is also an alumnus of the HK Academy for Performing Arts majoring in musical, revealed, "I've been active in musicals in the past, and have always had this one idea to release a single on every holiday. Finally my wish came true this year on Valentine's Day."

The actor continued, "I was able to invite Sanchez Lam to compose the song and it's a duet with Dickson Chan. His debut album is releasing in March."

Asked if he's not worried that two men singing a duet on Valentine's Day will cause a misunderstanding, the actor replied, "Actually this song is about my feelings of being single for several years. Dickson is also single and we're used to being single. We hope all the other singles out there can feel the resonance after listening to this song." 

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Louis Yuen & Grace Wong Spend A Harmonious 'Argument Day'Tuesday February 11, 2013 Hong KongSource: MingpaoTranslated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.netPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

The third day of Chinese New Year is also the 'argument day', a day one can easily get into an angry argument with someone. Friendly Fire's funny couple Louis Yuen and Grace Wong, surprisingly doesn't just 'argue' verbally, but also takes out their weapons and fists. Louis just allowed and on his own will, his 'barbaric girlfriend' Grace to attack him. Of course Grace doesn't actually hit him, each time her 'attacks' are filled with love. She eventually gave flowers to Louis and they ended in harmony again. In reality, Grace and Louis are good buddies. Louis would help Grace fix her hair, which got Grace to complement how attentive her 'See Hing' is.

In the past, Louis usually meets up with his good friends on the third day of CNY, but because the more familiar he is with the friend, the more bickering is involved, especially when he chose to see them on the 'argument day'. "On the first and second day of New Year, I would visit close family and relatives to send new year greetings, but on the third day I have never argued with anybody before. New Year is a happy day, how could we be arguing!" Louis said there are many forms of arguments, it could be used to express dissatisfaction, but it may not necessarily be used for actual disputes. On this CNY, I hope to spend more time with family, unlike the last few years where I was extremely busy.

Grace laughed: "I just learned what the 'argument day' meant. I thought Chinese people had a special day just for arguments and we have to set up a time to argue, then there won't be any more arguments hereafter. (How will you spend the New Year?) On the first, I participated in a parade. (What's your plans for the New Year?) I hope this year I'll get more breakthrough roles, those whom differ from the real Grace Wong. I already know about one of my new roles, she has mental issues. It's a pretty big challenge for me. I will be shooting 3 series around the same time, it feels like a time for training and the opportunity to practice my Chinese. (Hope to get an award this year?) I enjoy a breakthrough role and audience being able to see my hard work more. I don't want to gain too much, I'll be happy with just a nomination. (You don't want to start dating?) God will have his arrangements for me. I will pray to encounter a good boyfriend and for my career and love life to go smoothly."

Small Project: Do a Show

Louis expressed: "For the new year, I have a small project, that is to kick off my own show. I hope to do more homework first. I feel an artist should give some homework to themselves annually. Actually last year I already started preparing, and I hope to make it happen this year. I want to a breakthrough individual show and it should happen at the end of this year. (Any plans for marriage?) Not rushed, after all I am part of the Idol group. My girlfriend and I are happy together, thank you all for the concern!" 

• 7 months later...

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"TVB Hosts Celebration for 'Friendly Fire', 'Sergeant Tabloid' & 'A Great Way to Care II'Saturday September 14, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Earlier TVB established a cross-platform ratings, resulting in several of the series reaching the 30 point mark. Last night TVB chairman Norman Leung hosted a celebration for the cast of Friendly FireSergeant Tabloid and A Great Way to Care II, the contestants and crew of Miss HK and The Voice of the Stars. The celebration had 19 tables and over 200 artists and behind-the-scenes crew in attendance. The attendees included Michael Tse, Tavia Yeung, Kate Tsui, Niki Chow, Sharon Chan, Mandy Wong and many more. TVB boss Charles Chan, General Manager Mark Lee, Production & Resource Director Virgina Lok and executive Catherine Tsang were there as well. Norman Leung boasted during the toast that TVB will forever be the boss! The audience cheered loudly in response. Norman expressed the next celebration will be in October for Triumph in the Skies II.

Even though Michael's contract had already expired, he was still arranged to sit at the executive's table. Michael and the TVB boss were seen chatting closely, it appears there might be big plans in the works! Earlier it was said Niki Chow is dating Mainland actor Jeremy Jones, although she expressed they are just friends, she urged the public to give them a chance to develop. Asked what about Jeremy attracts her? Niki said: "A good guy, he's filal and ambitious. (What did he get you for your birthday?) I don't have to say it. (He gave himself to you?) Not that old fashioned. (A kiss?) I don't remember. After all, I'm currently very happy. Thank you all for the concern."

Tavia Yeung had just completed shooting for her new series Property Protector, she expressed recently she has been resting to treat her collar bone spurs and lower back injury. She said: "Friends told me to go swimming to relax. (Ask former life guard Him Law to teach you!) There is no place in Hong Kong where nobody can take pictures of you. I'm afraid of water, I don't want to be calling for help so often."

In regards to the saying that there is "nobody" in TVB, Miss Lok said TVB Siu Sangs have always been best sellers; their artists have many opportunities and the company will not stop them from making money externally. She added TVB is like a parent allowing them (the artists) to go out and experience working elsewhere, it is a good thing and TVB's goal is hoping the artists can shoot 2 TVB series a year. She said: "We're very harsh, must sign long-term contracts, even the first line artists. As you all say, we hire external help such as Eddie Cheung and Lawrence Ng. Anthony Wong and Tony Leung are coming back soon as well." 

Archived