What happened the first time you had alcohol?

Guest catcoffee

Guest shooting_stars

My first drinking experience (not counting the time when my dad let me sip his beer at a very young age - which seems to be a common parental habit among Asians) was at a Korean bar with some coworkers early last year. (I'm a late bloomer!) I didn't even have an ID, but I just told them that I wasn't going to drink, and then my coworkers gave me about 6 shots of yogurt soju. I didn't really feel anything, although I had a good laughing fit over absolutely nothing for about 2 minutes when we were all leaving.
My first real drinking experience (with all hard liquor and whatnot) was at a former coworker's house, with a bunch of other former coworkers. He had bought $500 worth of alcohol and I practically tried everything out of curiosity...Definitely wasn't a smart move. I ended up puking a couple of times and totally embarrassed myself because at some point, I started crying, and one of my coworkers had to take care of me, which made it even worse because she was the reason I was crying! Haha. Although embarrassing, looking back on it now, it's kind of funny.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest safelittlethoughts

My friends and I pre-gamed in the car before prom. We all had straight rum. I didn't get drunk (not even tipsy or buzzed) because I drank like 1/4 of the cup and gave it to my date.

But first drinking experience was at a girl's sweet sixteen during that summer. My aunt gave us all jello shots. THEY WERE SOOOOO GOOD. She also made us Hurricanes. Then, the guy who I liked at the time kept giving me shots. Needless to say, I was a bit wobbly and tried to act sober since my parents had no clue. Nope, it didn't work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sajuraiza

I was in spain with my parents and they wanted me to have fun so they allowed me to go out with the girls (16/17yrs)  next door in our hotel. Becaise she knew their mom and thought they would be responsible and look after me. We went to a club, I got a coke with black label, It was suuuupernasty but I still wanted to know what it felt like to get drunk. I don't remember much after that except me ending vomiting in the toilet and women (26 or so?) were helping me. Some guys that recognized me from the hotel carried me back and the girls I went with wanted to put me in my bed but I vomited next to my suitcase. UGHH disgusting, they ended up cleaning the mess I made and left. I had the WORST hangover ever the next day. I have had a loooooot of drinking experience since then and a lot of hangovers but none of them can compare to the one I had that day in Spain. -_-

Guest leelee.

A 9 year old me opens up the fridge, sees a glass with apple juice, and proceeds to drink it. It's not apple juice. It's Grandpa's Budweiser and I immediately spit it out. Beer tastes nastay! I still have to wait one more year until I can legally get drunk. I can't wait to try all those colorful, fruity drinks! LOL.

Guest hearthealer

Aloe Soju, at my ex bf's bday party before he became my bf...i had like 5 glasses/shots of that and i walked back to my dorm room on my own two feet and crammed for finals after...kinda boring

• 2 weeks later...

First time was when I was very young and had a taste of my dad's Tiger...sucks SO BAD. lol everyone around me knows how much I hate beer. Gave it a few more chances when I was older and still couldn't down 'em at all.
On the other hand, tried alcohol(cocktails) much later when I was 19-20? Like them and as well as champagne. Don't like red wine too.. nothing really happened when I drink. Drank quite a lot of martell once and felt a teeny little bit tipsy. 

First time having alcohol (also not counting the time's my parents let me have some) was after my final High School exams. A bunch of friends and I were on a boating trip, and most of them were already 18 and they played a few drinking games. It was just light drinks, but being my first time, my face got flushed, and I felt really dizzy, so I didn't have anymore.

First time I had a lot to drink was NYE that same year (I was finally 18!), and it ended up being a really tragic start to the new year. Super embarrasing on my part, but also somewhat funny thinking back

My parents would always let me try some growing up, so I don't remember the first time. I do remember having alcohol filled chocolates once, and I slept for a very long time haha. I still haven't had my first legal drink yet. 

Guest fayith77

First time i had alcohol I didn't know it and I didn't like it. When I did know it was alcohol I just felt this burn in my throat. 
After that the effects of the alcohol turned into me going into laughing fit. Oh so fun....

• 2 weeks later...

Very first time was when my gramps gave me a sip of rice wine and I was pretty young back then, so I don't remember much about it. The time I do remember was somewhere in high school at a family gathering and I got a taste of red wine. And I don't like it. I try it now and again, but I can't bring myself to like it. I can do with beer, but they're nothing great. Cocktails, on the other hand, I like haha....

Oh geez, I'll never forget the first time I drank.

I was at an anime convention in a hotel room with my cousin and her friends. Everyone was drinking and I didn't want to disappoint my cousin so I gave into to peer pressure and had two shots of EverClear. I decided to just chug it down, no big deal right? WRONG. That thing burned my chest! lol

After a few minutes I started feeling different. Later this guy came around hugging people. I was laying down on the bed and he told me to get up so he could hug me. I told him to come down and hug me instead. He then got on top of me and everyone thought he was trying to sleep with me right then and there! My cousin quickly pulled him off of me and everyone started laughing. Now, I usually don't like Asian guys with blonde hair, but I just thought he was so hot and I didn't know why. I saw him before we starting drinking and thought he was just alright looking. A couple hours later, he still looked the same but he was somehow way hotter. O_O

Eventually we went back to the anime convention to just walk around. This girl I knew from school was walking towards me. I said 'Hi' to her but she just walked past me. A few seconds later I hear, "GET HIM!" and my friend from school's boyfriend tackles the Asian guy to the ground. He gets back up and both of them get pulled back so they won't hit each other. We went back to our hotel room. He takes a cigarette out, starts smoking, and pacing back and forth. He then starts crying and says, "I'll never let anyone take advantage of me again! I know some guys... I'm gonna take a gun and shot that guy!"

At this point, I'm freaking out. I don't want to die! Eventually the guy calms down, apologizes, and goes back to hugging everyone again. I was later alone with the guy and we kissed. He later bit me! After that, I told we had to stop. So we decided to just sit down and talk. He breaks the silence and says, "I like wolves. I'm like one." I asked him what animal reminded him of me. "A llama." T_T

The power of alcohol.

Guest chiloi

First time was when my dad was at those Viet get togethers where all the older men sit around drinking and I got a sip, spat it out straight away and realised why they call it bitters.

Don't know if it's just me but alcohol taste disgusting it's so bitter, really don't understand how people can drink these things along with food let alone as a refreshment

When I was a kid I used to think that beer and wine must taste great because I would see my dad and his friends sucking down on beer stubbies like nothing else and you would see on TV people tasting wine and ooooing and ahhhhing but once I got a taste it was horrendous

Also not a fan of getting drunk so don't really see the point in alcopops or mixed drinks

Archived