Carly Rae Jepsen in the studio with Dev Hynes and Ariel Rechtshaid

sugarplum892

Carly Rae Jepsen: 'I'm not trying to look younger'

Carly Rae Jepsen has insisted that she doesn't try to look younger than she is.
The 27-year-old singer of 'Call Me Maybe' explained that she is happy with her appearance in an interview with Cosmopolitan.
carly-rae-jepsen.jpeg
"If people think I look younger, then that's great; I'm stoked," she said. "But I turned 27 in November, and when I look in the mirror, I see all the years attached to that face, and I'm content with me."
Jepsen also suggested that people might think she is younger than she is because of her costumes on stage, but explained that she wears them for practical reasons.
"I love being as classy and as elegant as possible in my apartment," she said. "But when I'm on stage, I can't dance in 4 and a half-inch heels, so I'll generally sport flats.
"I'm 5 feet two, so yeah, I'm going to look a little bit more playful. But I don't think that means I'm trying for an age younger than I am."
Jepsen, who won the award for 'New Artist' at the American Music Awards this month, recently suggested that her success has come after "a lot of hard work".
Source

• 2 years later...

Carly Rae Jepsen in the studio with Dev Hynes and Ariel Rechtshaid
Carly Rae Jepsen is working on new music with Dev Hynes (Blood Orange) and Ariel Rechtshaid.
The 'Call Me Maybe' singer uploaded an Instagram picture of herself in the studio alongside the producers.
Carly Rae Jepsen Is Recording With Dev Hynes And Ariel Rechtshaid

"Recorded one of my fav songs today with - @devhynes and @arielrechtshaid," wrote Jepsen. 
Hynes released Cupid Deluxe, his second album as Blood Orange, in 2013 and has written and produced for artists including Kylie Minogue, Diana Vickers and Sky Ferreira.
Meanwhile, Rechtshaid has worked with Madonna, Charli XCX, Beyoncé and Calvin Harris.
Jepsen released her second studio album Kiss back in 2012, with the record reaching number 6 in the US and number 9 in the UK.
Source

Archived