[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xtaeheex

The femme fatale

K-ACTRESS Kim Tae-hee, who recently turned down the offer to reprise her role in the sequel to mega-hit spy thriller Iris, has a new project lined up. She will headline the new SBS historical drama series Jang Ok-jung, Living By Love, 

Said to be one of Korea’s most vilified historic female figures, Jang Ok-jung was the given name of a lady-in-waiting before she became Lady Jang Hui-bin, the concubine of King Sukjong of the Joseon Dynasty, who reigned from 1674 to 1720. Besides manipulating the king to depose his consort, she’s also suspected of poisoning the reinstated queen after the latter was found dead of unknown causes. On Oct 10, 1701, the 42-year-old femme fatale was sentenced to death by poisoning.

But for this series, the producers will be taking artistic liberties, with the protagonist being transformed from “court lady to Joseon fashion designer”.

http://www.nst.com.my/life-times/tech/oriental-whirl-talk-about-gain-1.156777

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xtaeheex

http://cafe.naver.com/dplover/11

드라마 세트장 건립 추진키로 인천 서구청 과 인천시 의 사전 협의 결과 를 토대로 드림 파크 에 장옥정 드라마 세트장 건립 과실 내 드라마 세트장 을 건립 키로 방침 결정 되었슴 을 알려 드립니다
In brief translation, They decided to build a studio in Renchuan Xi-gu Office and Incheon City, Seoul for Jang Ok Jung drama. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest frannyfel

Oh wow beautiful kth in hanbok cloth looking gorgeous as ever!!!!!                            :\"> :x >:D< imageI'm so looking forward to see her shine beautifully in her new drama Jang Ok Jung , live in love I so love seeing her in red colors                                                         8->

Guest itscreamie

Qaseih said: She is soooo pretty and gorgeous..
I'm eager to know who's going to be her male lead.
I just don't want the younger actor to paired up with her.
No noona-dongseang anymore in drama.
:-O

Guest xtaeheex

TOP (BIG BANG) may be her lead male in her drama Jang Ok Jeong Live in love???    
http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/201211/sp2012112007035394350.htm
481744_4925201813851_637555815_n.jpg

Guest xtaeheex

Big Bang’s T.O.P Pursued For Lead Role Opposite Kim Tae Hee’s Historic Drama

http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=21461&idxType=KDramaMovie
83108879.jpg

Guest xtaeheex

class="entry-title" style="text-align: center; margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 1.8em; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; letter-spacing: -1px;"Big Bang’s T.O.P in discussion to star alongside Kim Tae Hee in new drama ‘Jang Ok Jung Lives in Love’

20121120_top_kimtaehee.jpg

It seems like Big Bang‘s T.O.P‘s acting career is definitely blooming as it has been reported that the idol is in discussion for a new drama!

T.O.P is said to be considering taking on a role in SBS‘s  ’Jang Ok Jung Lives in Love‘ (temporary title) and possibly star alongside actress Kim Tae Hee, who has already been confirmed for the lead role.

YG Entertainment commented, “It is true that Big Bang’s T.O.P has been offered a role in ‘Jang Ok Jung’. He is currently positively reviewing the offer. However, as he is currently filming for his movie and also has to juggle Big Bang’s schedule, we are giving this much thought.”

“We cannot reveal the details, but T.O.P has been offered a role that is very crucial in the drama,” they added.

As ‘Jang Ok Jung Lives in Love’ is a drama of the historical genre, if T.O.P does confirm, this will be his first role in a historical genre project.

The drama is currently scheduled to air next March and will revolve around the story of a Joseon Dynasty fashion designer, Jang Ok Jung.

Source + Image: Newsen

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/11/big-bangs-t-o-p-in-discussion-to-star-alongside-kim-tae-hee-in-new-drama-jang-ok-jung-lives-in-love

Ok, putting my initial outrage aside and reading the article in its entirety, it looks like he's up for A role. Probably not the male lead role.  

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="blog_h2 entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: initial; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, sans-serif; border-bottom-style: none; border-bottom-color: initial; letter-spacing: -1px; "Will Big Bang’s T.O.P become Kim Tae Hee’s man?

November 20, 2012 11:20 am eternalc2h

2012112008583291004_11.jpg

Big Bang’s T.O.P is expected to work with Kim Tae Hee in a new historical drama series.

T.O.P was recently offered a lead role in SBS TV’s new drama series Jang Ok Jung, Live for Love, which will start airing in March next year.

A person concerned recently said, “We offered a lead role in Jang Ok Jung, Live for Love to T.O.P. We haven’t received a reply yet, but we’re sure he’s looking favorably on our offer.”

According to reports, T.O.P was offered the role because Jang Ok Jung, the role Kim Tae Hee will play, was actually older than Sukjong, the role T.O.P will play.

If T.O.P decides to play the lead role in the series, this will be the first time for him to appear in a historical drama series.

Kim Tae Hee is also receiving a lot of attention as she was cast in the role of Jang Ok Jung, which has been played by such famous actresses as Kim Ji Mi, Nam Jung Im, Yoon Yeo Jung, Lee Mi Sook, Jeon In Hwa, and Kim Hye Soo.

This series will portray Jang Ok Jung as a fashion designer in the Joseon Dynasty, which is quite different from her characters described in previous drama series.

Hmm, that's right - Jang Hee Bin was 2 years older than Sukjong. I have no problem using a younger actor, even a much younger one, but I have to wonder if this won't be a bit much for TOP's first outing (as a lead, I mean).

Guest xtaeheex

class="content-title" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; font: inherit; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Big Bang’s TOP to Reunite with Kim Tae Hee in New Drama?
November 20, 2012
Big Bang’s TOP to Reunite with Kim Tae Hee in New Drama?

As reported before, Kim Tae Hee has been cast in her first historical drama “Jang Ok Jung, Live for Love” as the famous historical figure and villain Jang Hee Bin. It’s been revealed that Big Bang’s TOP is in discussions to join the project alongside former co-star Kim Tae Hee. The two also starred in blockbuster drama “IRIS” back in 2009. Reportedly, TOP was offered the lead male role, King Sukjong.

A representative of YG Entertainment stated, “It is true that TOP has been offered a role in the drama. He is positively reviewing the offer. However, his schedule is currently tied up with his movie as well as Big Bang’s world tour. 
The production company, Story TV, echoed, “Nothing has been confirmed just yet.”

“Jang Ok Jung, Live for Love” will tell the story of Jang Hee Bin, a famous concubine in the Joseon Dynasty who was behind the deposition of King Sukjong’s wife Queen In Hyun. However, unlike the countless dramas and movies about this famous villain, this drama will tell the story of Jang Ok Jung before she became concubine Jang Hee Bin and focus on her role as a fashion designer and cosmetic maker in the Joseon era.

The drama is currently scheduled to air next March on SBS

http://www.soompi.com/2012/11/20/big-bangs-top-to-reunite-with-kim-tae-hee-in-new-drama/

Guest rocky5053

This look like similar with METS...I want TOP to accept this drama...in METS.,HGI is a shaman and got a chance to be with a King sometime..Here look like KTH will be concubine and also will have chance to be with King..KSH and TOP were really young...But what make both similar is absolutely because of their DEEP VOICE...KSH undeniedable the most realistic King i have ever seen in my entire live.,His acting and voice as a King is unbeatable..Now it's time for TOP..I really can't wait for this drama if TOP accept the role.,because his voice and accent in saeguk plus to be a King will gonna be AWESOME!!!

Guest lexus123

Yes rockty5053, I think TOP would be a good candidate for this role with the qualities you've mentioned such as looks, voice with the accent, and acting wise I think his OK. For sure his looks will complement KTH's looks. Anyways, anyone would always look  BEST once paired with KTH, just my humble opinion...lol. Both of theme are good looking people. So GO FOR IT!

Guest xtaeheex

Yes, agree with both of u, that's why i like him, he get a great voice and acting....I really hope he accepts it..  [-O<

This drama is expected to rush to shoot film in end of December 
http://news.nate.com/view/20121120n09471

Archived