[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xtaeheex

Jang Ok-jeong, Live for Love 
Genre: Period, Romance  Written by Choi Jung-Mi            Directed by Boo Sung-Cheol Producer by Ko Dae-Hwa
Starting: 

xheonheex said:

YOO AH IN OFFICIALLY CONFIRMS FOR “JANG OK JUNG”! JAE HEE, 

HONG SOO HYUN & OTHERS ON CASTS

January 22, 2013 · 

king2.jpgJang Ok Jung Fanart by DC

Good news! Following rumors around the “confirmed-unconfirmed” drama casting, Yoo Ah In’s agency finally made and official statement on 22nd January that Yoo Ah In accepted the role as King Sukjong for SBS upcoming drama “Jang Ok Jung, Live For Love” (tentative title). Hooray! :D

The 26-year-old actor is to depict the Joseon Dynasty’s 17th King Sook-jong (Sukjong), opposite actress Kim Tae-hee who will turn herself into Korea’s famous femme fatale of all time, Jang Hee-bin.

Officials from the broadcast company said “Since Yoo Ah In is a blue chip amongst young actors in the Korean film scene, but we managed to secure him after tuning the schedule with the film he is currently starring in (tentatively named) Kkangchulie”.

Based on the hit chick lit of the same name in 2008, “Jang Ok-jeong” will show the iconic femme fatale from a new point of view. The drama has made twists in the story to make an imaginary character out of Jang Hee-bin, who tried to gain love of King Sook-jong and the power of Joseon Dynasty royal court.

The drama has been a hot topic since Kim Tae Hee confirmed the role. However, the male protagonist of King Sukjong mostly failed halfway the casting process. Eventually, Yoo Ah In decided to appear after adjusting the schedule of his two current projects, thus will not overlap each other’s.

The melodramatic story and interaction between both Kim Tae Hee and Yoo Ah In in this drama has garnered high interest and anticipation from both fans. For Yoo Ah In this will be his third historical drama. While for Kim Tae Hee this will be her first. In 2009 Yoo Ah In played his first saeguk “Strongest Chilwoo”, followed by the 2010 hit fusion saeguk “Sungkyunkwan Scandal”.

Having confirmed as the main lead for “Jang Ok Jung”, Yoo Ah In will be putting together a more charismatic and romantic version of King Sukjong different from the original weak and indecisive image he has been painted as.

In reality, Sukjong was younger than Jang Hee Bin (played by Kim Tae Hee), meaning that Yoo Ah In and Kim Tae Hee fit their roles perfectly as they too stand five years apart with Kim Tae Hee being the older. The producers took into consideration this fact while casting the leads in order to make them more realistic.

Helmed by acclaimed TV drama director Boo Sung-cheol of “My Girlfriend is Gumiho” (SBS, 2010), the upcoming series is to hit the airwaves from April as the follow up to the current series “Yawang” (“The King of Ambition”).

Meanwhile, several famous names surface during the casting process as well.

1-4.jpg

Actress Hong Soo Hyun who’s known as Princess Kyung Hye in a drama “The Princess Man” is offered to play as Queen In Hyun. Queen In Hyun is King Sukjong’s queen who gets dethroned from her position and replaced by Jang Ok Jung (Kim Tae Hee) the concubine, her rival.

3-7.jpg

Actor Jae Hee, who’s also under the same agency with Yoo Ah In, is cast as Jang Ok Jung’s first love. Jae Hee is best known for his role in “Delightful Girl Chunhyang” (2005) and “May Queen” (2012). Being an outsider in the palace, he will show affection to Jang Ok Jung who’s considered as a stranger in the palace when she first comes in.

4-3.jpg

Senior actress Yang Mi Kyung (also plays in “May Queen” with Jae Hee, and the queen in “The Moon That Embraces The Sun”) will reunite with Jae Hee in Jang Ok Jung.

Sung_Dong_Il_actor.jpg

Another senior actor Sung Dong Il (“Reply 1997″) is said to join the casts as well. I love this man! I hope this is confirmed!

2-9.jpg

And on the last casting line, reports said “Nice Guy”‘s Lee Sang Yeob is offered for the grownup version of Jang Ok Jung’s brother and at the moment he’s reviewing the script favorably.

child1.jpgchild2.jpgJang Ok Jung child actors (photos: princejiomom)

According to our friend Bluesherbet, child actor Lee Ji Oh confirmed to play as Jang Ok Jung’s brother, and child version of King Sukjong might go to Oh Jae Moo (the one who plays as little Kim Tak Goo in “Baker King”). The child actors for drama Jang Ok Jung will start the shooting on 1st February.

The casting line seems really good. I especially love Sung Dong Il and Hong Soo Hyun, and they have been known as versatile actors. However I will keep my expectations low until this drama convinces me that it deserves a hype.  Good luck, Yoo Ah In!

Jang Ok Jung revised romanization: Jang Ok-Jung, Sarange Salda

Hangul title: 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

xheonheex said: ‎[iNFO] Yoo Ah In's upcoming SBS drama 'Jang Ok Jung' will be at the same timeslot with Lee Seung Gi-Suzy's MBC drama 'Gu Family Book' on Mondays/Tuesdays. That puts the premiere in late March or early April. Both dramas are almost in the same genre, with Jang Ok Jung the fusion sageuk, while Gu Family Book is fusion fantasy sageuk. Who will get the most viewers? We'll see.

PS: Jang Ok Jung PD is Boo Sung-cheol, of “My Girlfriend is Gumiho”. Gu Family Book PD is Shin Woo-chul, of "Secret Garden". Both for SBS 2010 and both reached top ratings on each slot.

Source: MBC Gallery (http://gall.dcinside.com/mbc) an#d Dramawiki

29565_472066799517650_1724849434_n.jpg

cr. YAI FB

xheonheex said:  Jang Ok Jung final casting Kim Tae Hee, Yoo Ah In, Jae Hee.
542428_472341706156826_832855420_n.jpg

SBS 'Jang Ok Jung' has finalized the casting with Jae Hee adding to the main leads along with Yoo Ah In and Kim Tae Hee.

Helmed by PD Boo Sung-cheol, of “My Girlfriend is Gumiho”, the first episode will broadcast on early April. Jae Hee will play as Hyun Chi Soo, a romanticist and Jang Ok Jung's first love, and he will be King Sukjong (Yoo Ah In) rival in power and love.

Based on a new interpretation of the famous novel 'Jang Ok Jung Live For Love', the story will revolve around the life of Joseon fashion designer Jang Ok Jung who then will replace the queen's position. Fans of the three actors are waiting with high anticipation to how the drama interpret the history.

Source: http://sstv.hankyung.com/?c=news&m=v&nid=169665

Guest aoikarin

lisafransisca said: xheonheex said:  Jang Ok Jung final casting Kim Tae Hee, Yoo Ah In, Jae Hee.
542428_472341706156826_832855420_n.jpg

SBS 'Jang Ok Jung' has finalized the casting with Jae Hee adding to the main leads along with Yoo Ah In and Kim Tae Hee.

Helmed by PD Boo Sung-cheol, of “My Girlfriend is Gumiho”, the first episode will broadcast on early April. Jae Hee will play as Hyun Chi Soo, a romanticist and Jang Ok Jung's first love, and he will be King Sukjong (Yoo Ah In) rival in power and love.

Based on a new interpretation of the famous novel 'Jang Ok Jung Live For Love', the story will revolve around the life of Joseon fashion designer Jang Ok Jung who then will replace the queen's position. Fans of the three actors are waiting with high anticipation to how the drama interpret the history.

Source: http://sstv.hankyung.com/?c=news&m=v&nid=169665

Guest xtaeheex

Hi, my name is Furbabe and I'm the admin/contributor for http://yooahinsikseekland.wordpress.com

[size=2]I found that you copied and pasted my writing to this forum. I don't know how you got this article, perhaps from other site that also copied my writings. I just wanna say that I'm alright with sharing and happy the others enjoy it. BUT please always remember to link back or give us the credit. The original article that you posted above is here: http://yooahinsikseekland.wordpress.com/2013/01/22/yoo-ah-in-officially-confirms-for-[/size]

jang-ok-jung-jae-hee-hong-soo-hyun-others-on-casts/

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="blog_h2 entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: initial; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; font-weight: bold; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, sans-serif; border-bottom-style: none; border-bottom-color: initial; letter-spacing: -1px; "KARA’s Han Seung Yeon is cast as the lead role in Jang Ok Jeong Lives in Love

February 01, 2013 11:00 am eternalc2h

2.jpg

KARA’s Han Seung Yeon was recently cast as the lead role in the new drama series Jang Ok Jeong Lives in Love.

On February 1, Story TV, the production company of the series reported that Han was cast as the lead role in SBS TV’s new drama series Jang Ok Jeong Lives in Love.

In the series, Han plays the role of royal concubine Choi, a woman who was born as a person of humble condition but becomes a royal concubine and makes her son a king. As a rival of Jang Ok Jeong (played by Kim Tae Hee), she fights for King Sukjong (played by Yoo Ah In).

Han has constantly prepared for the series despite her busy schedule in Korea and Japan. DSP Media, Han’s agency, says, “Han has decided to appear in Jang Ok Jeong Lives in Love after careful consideration. She has constantly prepared to make her acting debut. She has appeared in some Korean drama series as a cameo and in a Japanese drama series, but this is the first Korean drama series she appears in as a lead character. She’s practicing a lot for the series now.”

The story of Jang Ok Jeong Lives in Love revolves around a setup that Jang Ok Jeong, who used to be a symbol of a bad woman in Korea, was actually a fashion designer in the Joseon Dynasty. It will be a different story from the previous stories about Jang Ok Jeong. The series will start airing in April afterYawang goes off the air.

Guest jjsweeter0211

Ji Yoo in "Jang Ok-jeong Lives in Love" as Kim Tae-hee's rival

Source | 2013/01/31 |

photo278950.jpg

Actress Ji Yoo has joined SBS drama "Jang Ok-jeong Lives in Love" according to Fox and Lion Entertainment.

She takes on the role of Ja Kyeong, the head of the fashion world and will be rivals with Ok-jeong (Kim Tae-hee) from the beginning. She also is in love with Hyeon Chi-soo (Jae Hee) who loves Ok-jeong.

Ji Yoo starred in the Channel A program "Color of Woman", SBS "Warrior Baek Dong-soo", "Giant" and KBS 2TV "Smile, Love".

Meanwhile, "Jang Ok-jeong Lives in Love" has a unique theme of Jang Ok-jeong being a fashion designer in the Chosun Times. The story will revolve around life as women and people in love.

Source : star.moneytoday.co.kr... ( English )

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="blog_h2 entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: initial; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; font-weight: bold; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, sans-serif; border-bottom-style: none; border-bottom-color: initial; letter-spacing: -1px; "Kim Tae Hee and Yoo Ah In have first meeting for a new TV series

February 01, 2013 7:30 pm dkrogers

2013020115594289406_1.jpgSBS’s new Monday-Tuesday series Jang Ok Jung Lives in Love recently had their first table meeting to read the script and start the shooting.

Pictures of actors and actresses reading their scripts were released on February 1. Kim Tae Hee and Yoo Ah In, who will appear on the series as a couple, drew a lot of attention.

Besides Kim and Yoo, Jae Hee, Lee Sang Yeop, Han Seung Yeon, Yang Mi Kyung, Yoon Yoo Sun, Lee Hyo Jung, and Kim Seo Ra attended the meeting.

An official for the series says, “It was like watching the real scenes. The actors and actresses read their scripts very well together.” Kim plays the role of Jang Ok Jung and Yoo plays the role of Joseon Dynasty King Sukjong.

The series will give a new interpretation of historical figure Jang Ok Jung as a fashion designer in the Joseon Dynasty. It will air when the current airing series Yawang goes off air in April.

2013020115594289406_2.jpg

Guest cofioca

Wow, thanks for this news! Now we get to see Yoo Ah In beside KTH and my heart flutters a bit! But can someone please point out Jae Hee from that photo? Cause I can't wait to see the three of them create a great chemistry. I'm crossing my fingers for the success of this drama because aside from the lovely leads, I think the supporting cast is also credible and more importantly, I want to see another interesting sageuk that has a twist. It should be this one. Fighting, Jang Ok-jung!

Guest lexus123

Hi soju_chic, I AGREE with you. Now that I am seeing the 2 leads seated beside each other, I could already feel the chemistry between the two. Both look GORGEOUS!. I am just hoping for the best! I don't know, I can't hold the smile on my face.... and I'm LOVING it! So when will really this drama be shown? April _ ? I also feel confident because it's from SBS! I hope KTH, YIA, and Jae Hee would guests in Running Man! Wishful thinking.... but still hoping...

Guest xtaeheex

Wow, KTH has many rivals, Kara's Seungyeon and Ji Yoo has joined to play Tae Hee's rivals cool..
She looks serious but beauty! ^_^ I can't see other casting's faces, Hope there's videos come soon....so excited!! 
601081_205895429555799_2056927229_n.jpgpic from baidu

Child actress Min - (16) will play the role as young Kim Tae Hee.22187_331017073669498_58466387_n.jpg
The child version of King Sukjong might go to Oh Jae Moo (the one who plays as little Kim Tak Goo in “Baker King”)556509_331017420336130_2040682416_n.jpg
cr. JOJ FB  http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=331017073669498&set=a.300396860064853.60364.289213904516482&type=1&theater

Guest xtaeheex

398113_477950282262635_750241779_n.jpghttp://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=taehee&no=136094&page=2&bbs=
JOJ casts 
312412_206089969536345_12971576_n.jpg
http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=taehee&no=136089&page=2&bbs=
cr. KTHDC

Guest xtaeheex

@pcyan i read Jang Ok Jung will compete with MBC 'Gu Family Book' Lee Seung Gi and Suzy, waaa both are sageuk! I will watch JOJ first then Gu Family Book lol, 

Archived