[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

Guest xtaeheex

Yoo Ah In and Jae Hee Join Kim Tae Hee in Upcoming Segeuk Jang Ok Jung, Live in Love 
 January 21, 2013 

canihavesomemore.jpg

Well……this outta be interesting. SBS Mon-Tues is off to a melodrama start with Yawang (Queen of Ambition) starring Su Ae and Kwon Sang Woo, but the network is getting my interest up for the follow up drama which sounds all sorts of strange and far out. Despite the recent sageuk mediocrity I’ve still a fondness for the genre and the upcoming Jang Ok Jung, Live in Love, sounds intriguing on paper. It’s a re-telling of the historical tale of greedy power hungry Jang Heebin, consort to King Sukjong, this time telling the story from her point of view and transforming her into a Joseon-era fashion designer. While the concept sounds different enough, its the totally random casting that makes me curious whether this will be tanked on bad acting alone. Kim Tae Hee has been inked as the titular Jang Ok Jung for months now while rumors have swirled as to her leading man. TOP‘s name was out there for awhile and then word was Yoo Ah In was being wooed for the role. Today comes confirmation that Yoo Ah In has indeed signed on to play male lead King Sukjong, but joining him in the cast as second male lead will be Jae Hee playing the first love of Jang Ok Jung. WHAT THE HELL? Is Jae Hee trying to kill me with his acting choices? Color of Woman was terrible and the less said about May Queen the better. And what gives with him playing first loves of the heroine recently? I’ve only ever loved Yoo Ah In Sungkyunkwan Scandal so I have no problem with him tackling this role but I am completely clueless whether his pairing with Kim Tae Hee will work out. Apparently Hong Soo Hyun, who out-acted everyone in The Princess’s Man, is considering the role of second female lead Queen In Hyun. Man, if she joins that’ll be awesome, though not so much for Kim Tae Hee. Oh well, completely going to check this out for the trainwreck potential alone. Especially after the production company mentioned this drama will be like Bu Bu Jing Xin. Please don’t ask me what that means, they threw it out there so I’m merely relaying it.

maywhat.jpg

Jae Hee’s drama choices since he got out of the military have been wack all around. I hope this choice turns out to be good for him and for me as the viewer. Does seeing the below fan-made picture of Yoo An In and Kim Tae Hee convince you that they will be good together? I dunno, but I would love for this to work out.

willthishappen1.png

© 2013, ockoala. All rights reserved.

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xtaeheex

Yoo Ah In Cast as Sukjong for ′Jang Ok Jung′

2013-01-22 
Will Yoo Ah In be able to score three consecutive period piece successes in a row?
Following rumors that he will be starring in the piece, Yoo Ah In′s agency Star K Entertainment toldenews on January 22 that "Yoo Ah In has confirmed he will be appearing in the upcoming SBS drama Jang Ok Jung."

81793547.jpg
The actor will be putting together a more charismatic and romantic version of King Sukjong different from the original weak and indecisive image he has been painted as. Kim Tae Hee was previously cast for the role of Jang Hee Bin.
In reality, Sukjong was younger than Jang Hee Bin, meaning that Yoo Ah In and Kim Tae Hee fit their roles perfectly as they too stand five years apart with Kim Tae Hee being the older. The producers took into consideration this fact while casting the leads in order to make them more realistic.
The drama will be Yoo Ah In′s third period piece. He debuted as a child actor in Sharp, then appeared in Mighty Chil Woo in his first adult role in 2008 and scored a great success in 2010 with the drama Sungkyunkwan Scandal.
Jang Ok Jung is about the love story between Joseon′s fashion designer Jang Ok Jung and King Sukjong. It will air following the conclusion of Yawang on the third week of April.
Photo credit: Kim Byung Kwan

http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=27169&idxType=News

Guest xtaeheex

YOO AH IN OFFICIALLY CONFIRMS FOR “JANG OK JUNG”! JAE HEE, 

HONG SOO HYUN & OTHERS ON CASTS

January 22, 2013 · 

king2.jpgJang Ok Jung Fanart by DC

Good news! Following rumors around the “confirmed-unconfirmed” drama casting, Yoo Ah In’s agency finally made and official statement on 22nd January that Yoo Ah In accepted the role as King Sukjong for SBS upcoming drama “Jang Ok Jung, Live For Love” (tentative title). Hooray! :D

The 26-year-old actor is to depict the Joseon Dynasty’s 17th King Sook-jong (Sukjong), opposite actress Kim Tae-hee who will turn herself into Korea’s famous femme fatale of all time, Jang Hee-bin.

Officials from the broadcast company said “Since Yoo Ah In is a blue chip amongst young actors in the Korean film scene, but we managed to secure him after tuning the schedule with the film he is currently starring in (tentatively named) Kkangchulie”.

Based on the hit chick lit of the same name in 2008, “Jang Ok-jeong” will show the iconic femme fatale from a new point of view. The drama has made twists in the story to make an imaginary character out of Jang Hee-bin, who tried to gain love of King Sook-jong and the power of Joseon Dynasty royal court.

The drama has been a hot topic since Kim Tae Hee confirmed the role. However, the male protagonist of King Sukjong mostly failed halfway the casting process. Eventually, Yoo Ah In decided to appear after adjusting the schedule of his two current projects, thus will not overlap each other’s.

The melodramatic story and interaction between both Kim Tae Hee and Yoo Ah In in this drama has garnered high interest and anticipation from both fans. For Yoo Ah In this will be his third historical drama. While for Kim Tae Hee this will be her first. In 2009 Yoo Ah In played his first saeguk “Strongest Chilwoo”, followed by the 2010 hit fusion saeguk “Sungkyunkwan Scandal”.

Having confirmed as the main lead for “Jang Ok Jung”, Yoo Ah In will be putting together a more charismatic and romantic version of King Sukjong different from the original weak and indecisive image he has been painted as.

In reality, Sukjong was younger than Jang Hee Bin (played by Kim Tae Hee), meaning that Yoo Ah In and Kim Tae Hee fit their roles perfectly as they too stand five years apart with Kim Tae Hee being the older. The producers took into consideration this fact while casting the leads in order to make them more realistic.

Helmed by acclaimed TV drama director Boo Sung-cheol of “My Girlfriend is Gumiho” (SBS, 2010), the upcoming series is to hit the airwaves from April as the follow up to the current series “Yawang” (“The King of Ambition”).

Meanwhile, several famous names surface during the casting process as well.

1-4.jpg

Actress Hong Soo Hyun who’s known as Princess Kyung Hye in a drama “The Princess Man” is offered to play as Queen In Hyun. Queen In Hyun is King Sukjong’s queen who gets dethroned from her position and replaced by Jang Ok Jung (Kim Tae Hee) the concubine, her rival.

3-7.jpg

Actor Jae Hee, who’s also under the same agency with Yoo Ah In, is cast as Jang Ok Jung’s first love. Jae Hee is best known for his role in “Delightful Girl Chunhyang” (2005) and “May Queen” (2012). Being an outsider in the palace, he will show affection to Jang Ok Jung who’s considered as a stranger in the palace when she first comes in.

4-3.jpg

Senior actress Yang Mi Kyung (also plays in “May Queen” with Jae Hee, and the queen in “The Moon That Embraces The Sun”) will reunite with Jae Hee in Jang Ok Jung.

Sung_Dong_Il_actor.jpg

Another senior actor Sung Dong Il (“Reply 1997″) is said to join the casts as well. I love this man! I hope this is confirmed!

2-9.jpg

And on the last casting line, reports said “Nice Guy”‘s Lee Sang Yeob is offered for the grownup version of Jang Ok Jung’s brother and at the moment he’s reviewing the script favorably.

child1.jpgchild2.jpgJang Ok Jung child actors (photos: princejiomom)

According to our friend Bluesherbet, child actor Lee Ji Oh confirmed to play as Jang Ok Jung’s brother, and child version of King Sukjong might go to Oh Jae Moo (the one who plays as little Kim Tak Goo in “Baker King”). The child actors for drama Jang Ok Jung will start the shooting on 1st February.

The casting line seems really good. I especially love Sung Dong Il and Hong Soo Hyun, and they have been known as versatile actors. However I will keep my expectations low until this drama convinces me that it deserves a hype.  Good luck, Yoo Ah In!

Jang Ok Jung revised romanization: Jang Ok-Jung, Sarange Salda

Hangul title: 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

Guest xtaeheex

id="watch-headline-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;" id="watch-headline-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 19px; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"News: [Y-STAR] Yoo A-in is cast in a drama 'Jang Okjung' with Kim Tae Hee

Guest xtaeheex

Jang Ok-jung chooses its leading menJanuary 22, 2013 

jaehee_83.jpg

One of these confirmed additions to Jang Ok-jung, Live For Love is as we expected—reports that Yoo Ah-in (Fashion King) was considering the role have been out for a while—but the other is a nice surprise with Jae Hee (May Queen) also signing on. Both will be romancing lead actress Jang Ok-jung (Kim Tae-hee) at different stages in her life… although perhaps also concurrently, if I’m reading the hints right.

Jae Hee comes first in the romantic timeline as Ok-jung’s first love, before she becomes the royal concubine Lady Jang. His character is named Hyun Chi-soo, born into an aristocratic family, and their young romance comes to an end once she enters the palace as a court lady. After their separation, he heads to China and builds power there, returning to Joseon to become something of a Daddy Long Legs figure to Ok-jung. And I’m wondering… while she’s the king’s consort? You are either really ballsy or you have a death wish. I suppose incredibly stupid is also an option, but he probably didn’t get to where he is by being stupid.

Yoo Ah-in, on the other hand, plays King Sukjong, whose wife is Queen In-hyun (very likely to be played by Hong Soo-hyun) when he makes Ok-jung his concubine. Historically, Ok-jung had such influence over the king that she was able to get him to cast aside his wife and make her his queen, though karma came around and bit her in the richard simmons with another reversal later down the line. She was also older than the king in real life, which is reflected in the actors’ ages (Kim is 32, Yoo is 26).

yooahin_115.jpg

I’m curious to know how all of that famous history will work with the Joseon-era fashion-designing and cosmetic-producing that this drama purports to feature in its reinterpretation of the story. I’m all for reimagined narratives, but with one as juicy as this one I can’t help but want more killing and plotting, less makeup and clothing. Well, I mean less clothing in the way of emphasis on fashion, but I’m fine with the other meaning too.

Other famous actresses who have played the famous Lady Jang in numerous adaptations include Kim Jimi, Yoon Yeo-jung, Lee Mi-sook, Jeon In-hwa, and Kim Hye-soo. Kim Tae-hee may be as famous as they were, but she doesn’t have the killer instinct that the others possess. I’m hoping this is a factor of the reinterpretation, and not just blind faith that she’ll pull out an electric performance as the femme fatale.

On the other hand, I’m pretty sure the boys are up for the task. They’ve both done sageuk roles before, and they’re both fully capable of charged, emotional, and also comical acting. Man, now I just want them to steal the limelight and run off into the sunset. It doesn’t even have to be in a slashfic-y way. They could be platonic best friends! Who hang out together, talk literature, and maybe hug a lot. Hey, if you get to make a notorious bloodthirsty backstabber your heroine, I’m going to say historical accuracy really isn’t your priority.

Jang Ok-jung will air on Mondays and Tuesdays beginning in March.

jaehee_19.jpg

Via Star NewsStar News

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/01/jang-ok-jung-chooses-its-leading-men/

Guest xtaeheex

Many Korean articles said JOJ drama aired on this 18th March may date change to April? Geez, i hope its false didn't make us wait too long..T_T 

News 
Jae Hee joins Jang Ok-jeong as Kim Tae-hee's first love
2013/01/23
photo276883.jpg

Actor Jae Hee is starring in the upcoming SBS drama "Jang Ok-jeong Lives in Love".

The role he plays in the drama is Hyeon Chi-soo, who leaves the palace to go to China where he returns as a wealthy man for his first love Jang Ok-jeong (Kim Tae-hee). He is her strong supporter and the final romantist in the Chosun who will do anything for her.

Hyeon Chi-soo will be on rival terms with Sook Jong. Last years Grand Prize winner Jae Hee's addition to the drama has brought about a new turn to the entire set.

"Jang Ok-jeong Lives in Love" is based on the setting that she was the Joseon's first fashion designer and will draw out the beautiful scenery and colors of the Joseon times. The cast so far includes, Kim Tae-heeYoo Ah-in and Jae Hee. To be aired in April after "Yawang".

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

http://www.hancinema.net/jae-hee-joins-jang-ok-jeong-as-kim-tae-hee-s-first-love-52119.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Guest livon123

I can't wait to see this series, although wasn't the queen suppose to be younger than the king historically? Anyway, I am pretty good on the characters casted.

Guest xtaeheex

On 22 January Tae Hee went to Hanboks designer shopping and choosing to wear a Hanboks clothing for JOJ drama
321431_201448103328080_1508683710_n.jpg150922_201447966661427_890189487_n.jpg76349_201448073328083_1379947523_n.jpg484773_201447926661431_2077929012_n.jpg
395488_201138586692365_1031003126_n.jpg
On 22nd January Tae Hee's signature and a little message: "always be happiness & happy new year "
cr. KTH DC

Guest xtaeheex

‎[iNFO] Yoo Ah In's upcoming SBS drama 'Jang Ok Jung' will be at the same timeslot with Lee Seung Gi-Suzy's MBC drama 'Gu Family Book' on Mondays/Tuesdays. That puts the premiere in late March or early April. Both dramas are almost in the same genre, with Jang Ok Jung the fusion sageuk, while Gu Family Book is fusion fantasy sageuk. Who will get the most viewers? We'll see.

PS: Jang Ok Jung PD is Boo Sung-cheol, of “My Girlfriend is Gumiho”. Gu Family Book PD is Shin Woo-chul, of "Secret Garden". Both for SBS 2010 and both reached top ratings on each slot.

Source: MBC Gallery (http://gall.dcinside.com/mbc) an#d Dramawiki

29565_472066799517650_1724849434_n.jpg

cr. YAI FB

Guest lexus123

We have to give full support for JOJ... but we are not in Korea... anyways, as what I read before from Hyun Bin regarding his drama with his GF before that it did not rate well and he said it's not reliable because of the internet which I agree 100 percent.... a lot of people are now watching through internet, like me or most of us here...lol... 

Guest xtaeheex
Guest xtaeheex

Lee Sang Yeob confirmed to join Jang Ok Jung

734734_472741469450183_312173772_n.jpg

Lee Sang Yeob who's known for his earlier work as a lawyer in 'Nice Guy' has confirmed to join the casts in drama 'Jang Ok Jung' along with Kim Tae Hee, Yoo Ah In and Jae Hee.

He is cast as a bright cavalier in Joseon with unrequited love toward Jang Ok Jung.

'Jang Ok Jung' will broadcast early April following 'Queen of Ambition' and has been receiving attention.

Source: http://thestar.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2013/01/28/2013012800717.html

Guest jjsweeter0211

Lee Sang-yeob has a crush on Kim Tae-hee in "Jang Ok-jeong Lives in Love

Source | 2013/01/27 | 

photo277810.jpg

Lee Sang-yeob has joined "Jang Ok-jeong Lives in Love".

He takes on the role of Dong-pyeong, Sook-jong's relative in the upcoming SBS drama "Jang Ok-jeong Lives in Love". Dong-pyeong has the deepest affections for Jang Ok-jeong (Kim Tae-hee).

He is also Yoo Ah-in's helper. His good personality and good looks should appeal with the audience.

Meanwhile, the cast includes, Kim Tae-heeYoo Ah-inJae Hee and more and the drama will be aired in April.

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c... ( English )

Archived