Kim Chiu and Gerald Anderson

Guest jacbit

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how did you know them? were you friends or something? mind sharing it with me? :rolleyes:

kim and i went in the same school for a year. kim's family moved a lot. although i was a year ahead of her we'd always see each other cause our rooms were next to each other. she's a nice kid, she's really soft spoken and really shy. im friends with her brother. gerald.. his real name is RJ, i know him cause my best boy bud is good friends with him. we used to hang out together after every basketball games. i remember he had highlights before and i used to teas him cause it made him look weird. hekhek..

Guest silent_scream

kim and i went in the same school for a year. kim's family moved a lot. although i was a year ahead of her we'd always see each other cause our rooms were next to each other. she's a nice kid, she's really soft spoken and really shy. im friends with her brother. gerald.. his real name is RJ, i know him cause my best boy bud is good friends with him. we used to hang out together after every basketball games. i remember he had highlights before and i used to teas him cause it made him look weird. hekhek..

Hello! Yeah I remember one of his pics before he entered PBB. He had highlights and it made him look like a "kanto boy" Hahahaha! :sweatingbullets: Anyway, is he really funny back then and gentleman?

Guest chin_ai22

GERALD ANDERSON STARS IN THE PHILIPPINE VERSION OF "MY GIRL"

ABS-CBN has collaborated with SBS Korea to localize the Korean romantic comedy My Girl. Kim Chiu, the Chinese cutie of Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition One, was chosen to play Jasmine/Yoorin while her love team partner si Gerald Anderson will play Julian/Gongchan. The Kimerald tandem is known for the drama Sana Maulit Muli which was successfully shown in Taiwan and is now being dubbed in other languages and will soon be shown in Cambodia and Vietnam.

Kapamilya Network executives are confident that Gerald is now ready for mature roles. For this reason, management believes that Gerald will effectively portray Julian's character. His role is the heir of a big corporation and because of certain circumstances, Jasmine and Julian will be forced to live in a web of lies and deceits.

The 19-year-old actor will doing a role that of a 21-year old yuppie who comes home from abroad to join his family here in the country in running their family business, composed of a hotel and a resort. "This role is different from Gerald's roles in the past for Julian/Gongchan is in the corporate level at a very young age because its what his family dictates. But beyond that corporate mask will be the young man that he actually is when he falls in love," explains advertising and promo manager Biboy Arboleda about Gerald's character in My Girl.

He adds, "We are trying to tap one to two fashion designers since in the hotel business suits are structured and tapered during the day while casual in the evenings. We will have a meeting with two designers for them to submit the designs and colors to choose from.

"Actually, we have a Korean styling company who's helping us, again, we're meeting halfway. Don't expect them to be too mature because the Philippines' is a younger version of My Girl. We tried to come up with a cast not just to be locally appealing but has to be something that we can be proud to sell abroad.

"Since we're doing this for the first time, first franchise, we want to make sure that this one is worth selling abroad. We are not just looking at the local market, we are not just looking at our TFC market, we're looking forward to selling it to the other Asian regions," says Biboy.

According to ABS-CBN business unit head Deo Endrinal, they made some changes with My Girl. "We are retaining the basic core of the story but we are Filipinizing it in so many ways. Their jobs will be different but the resort will be there. They own a hotel, this time they own a resort since its summer now in the Philippines. There are no oranges but we have strawberry fields in Baguio. So it's going to be different but we retain the basic core of the story. We strenghtened the relationship of the grandfather and Julian/Gongchan and also the relationship of Jasmine/Yoorin with her father. We'll give them deeper characterizations. So, the Korean version is really faster but ours is a combination of drama and comedy and of course, romance."

According to Gerald, "I'm very excited. It's my first time to play a 21 year old, I'm gonna go through some workshops to make me mature physically and internally."

i don't think gerald will fit the role of gongchan. its so funny how abs and gma are remaking some of the korean and spanish dramas. :w00t:

Archived