[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="content-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; visibility: visible; "Jo In Sung Looks Different in Past Photo?
kimdebbie March 20, 2013
Jo In Sung Looks Different in Past Photo?

Jo In Sung‘s old endorsement photo has resurfaced in online community forums under the post title, “Jo In Sung also went through a period like this too?” attracting many views. 

The image reveals a young Jo In sung as the endorsement model for a digital camera brand, outfitted in a colorful, and striped tee with his hair dyed a copper-orange hue. He maintains his boyish good looks and charismatic smile, but gives away his actual age with slightly chubbier cheeks that are made perfect for pinching. 

Netizens who saw the photo commented, “Jo In Sung looked handsome back then too!” “Although Jo In Sung is known for having the best face to pull off any look, even this is a bit hard for me to give to him…,” “Jo In Sung looks a little different back then with his pudgier cheeks,” and “Jo In Sung looks innocent and sweet back then!” 

The actor currently plays the role of Oh Soo in the popular SBS Wednesday and Thursday drama, “That Winter, The Wind Blows.”

130318_JoInSung_oldphoto-.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/2013/03/20/actor-jo-in-sung-looks-different-in-old-photo/

Guest MGYlove

‘That Winter, The Wind Blows′ Over to to Singapore

That winter wind is also blowing hard in Singapore.

Starting on March 13, SBS’ That Wind, The Wind Blows began broadcasting in Singapore. The drama easily reached its target ratings of one percent, surpassing it on the way.

64372846.jpg
That Winter, The Wind Blows’s production company rep, Zo Jung Ho, stated, “We didn’t know the response would be so hot with episode one. We believe that this will be the starting point of reigniting the hallyu craze with rising ratings of That Winter.

It is rare for a drama to begin broadcast overseas when it has yet to be finished in Korea. The decision to sell it to Singapore came when fans showed hot response to the drama starring Zo In Sung and Song Hye Gyo.

That Winter, The Wind Blows is also awaiting broadcasts in Japan, and other Asian countries. After the series ends in Korea, the cast and staff will be touring in those countries for promotion.

cr:enewsworld

Translations to @jjsweeter0211 post with the rankings:

1. Age
2. Pure/Innocent
3. Person who is hurt
4. Crier/Person who cries
5. Wealthy
6. Friendship
7. This one is a bit hard to explain, but conning? Good at deceiving/using others? Smart, but not in a good way.
8. Patient
9. Fighter/Strength
10. This one I don't know...

I'm still picking up Korean and hangul, so those are probably not the most accurate descriptions, but just for those who are curious. ^^;

Today, I thought it was Weds...and I bet tomorrow I will think it's Weds (which it will be!) and then the day after that I'll think it's Weds...and everyday is Weds/Thurs! O2 obsession eeeeeee. CAN'T WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW! 

ps. I love how they rank Youngie higher than Oh Soo for fighter, because you know who'd win in a fight. She's got him wrapped around her fingers. :x JIS and SHK marry please. (I'm so unbelievable. A year ago I was praying for Hyunbin and SHK to get back together, and now I've already jumped ships :)) Can you blame me kkkk).

I am a gay man i have loved SHG ever since full house She is so gorgeous I want to be pretty like her so i wear a cut out of her face like a mask and wear it all day LOL when I go out ppl tell me how pretty my face is and how I look like a beautiful asian woman ! LMAO

Guest OreoVampire

hihi I was so slow, when you guys mentions elope. My brain CPU has become very hot and it almost explode recently with so many drama plots and romance scene to catchup. So my brain data packet always arrive in delay to the port kikiki ..So happy about it, and why not! go far away guys! don't ever comeback !! cheriooo! =)) 

Really hope SuperSoo can fly away with Youngie tonite.. oohh heaven

h60DAA6A0

Thanks for the lovely BTS goodies and previews! To tide us over until tomorrow and Thursday, here’s the translation for the SBS Entertainment News video @sunshine4ever posted earlier (thanks! :D ) Here’s the link again for those of you who want to follow along:

As usual, please provide credit and notify me if you plan on using them as subs or taking them out of this thread. Thanks and enjoy!

--Start 0.01--

KB: “Even if you say “money, money” it has to be Jo In Sung—Jo in Sung sunbaenim… is the best. Even over there, he’s standing, looking at [us] with a pleased expression on his face.”

*KB’s statement is in regards to the question of who’s the filming set “mood maker”

JIS: “You’re right.”

*Literal translation: “You’re seeing correctly.”

Narrator (N): “After his hoobaes’ gather their statements together… the filming set mood maker [ is ]: Jo In Sung!”

*Literal translation: “After his hoobaes’s gather their mouths together…”

JIS (while practicing lines with SHK): “…I heard it as you saying that you’ll do it… Get up.”

0.24-JIS: “Do you want to film in one cut? Film it in one cut!”

*LOL!

0.29-JIS: “Aigoo, aigoo… Director, [my] knees hurt! Director, [my] knees hurt!”

N: “Cute grumbling is a must!”

0.36-JIS: “You guys,* let’s pick off the dust/lint. We have to think about our appearance…”

*Literal translation: “Kids…”

N: “Not even missing the little things…”*

*I can’t understand the rest of what the narrator’s saying

0.41-JIS continues: “Who are you talking to? Where are our kids? Did you stop taking [the dust/lint] off?”

*Who are YOU talking to, JIS?

[CLIP OF ARCADE SCENE]

JIS: “The aim is fine…Pull [the trigger].”

0.50-N: “Right at this scene, an adlib occurred.”

JIS: “Wow…”

SHK: “Did I hit it?”

JIS: “[You] hit it…”

[PRACTICING ARCADE SCENE]

JIS: “Ya!”

“Ya means “hey” or an informal version of “you”

SHK: “Did I hit it?”

JIS: “Ya! You’re daebak*. Wow!

*”Daebak” means awesome

SHK: “Really?!”

JIS: “Wow! Wow…” (turning to couple next to them) “Look over here!”

Director: “Cut!”

N: “Making the filming set burst with laughter, his adlib didn’t stop here….”

[CONTINUING TO PRACTICE SCENE]

JIS: “Wow!”

SHK: “What?”

JIS: “Did you come back from the army?”*

*The video repeats this statement

Director: “Cut!”

N: “Adding adlibs, this perfect man, Jo In Sung! God, is it that there’s nothing missing from this man?”

1:20-N continues: “Situation battle: Kwanghee’s and Jo In Sung’s Adlib scene, the winner: no one can block him: Jo In Sung wins!”

--End at 1:37--

This clip was very JIS heavy, not that I mind, I wish I could see a BTS that focused equally on SHG too (and KB and EJ)! :D

Guest spideysteve

@kikay14
I also think JIS felt extra pressured because he had not acted in front of camera for about 5 years, right? He must be worried that he might not be as sharp as he was before the long hiatus. Whereas SHK continues working for different projects and even spent years shooting The Grandmasters; and since she worked with writer Noh before, she probably felt more at ease (though her pressures came from somewhere else). BTW I will have to keep AFF after TWTWB ends. I also plan to watch Hwang Jin Yi. :D

Yep!! They complement each other so well. JIS said that when they just started shooting the drama SHK helped him a lot in understanding the scripts. <3

@lyra_brillantez
OMG I missed the wind chime symbol on the doorbell. This drama uses a lot of symbols, wind chime, tree, and letters, and their significances change along with the development of OS & OY's relationship. And IDK but for me all these symbols give off a very hopeful vibe at this point. Even though TWTWB is set in winter, there's always a sense of warmth and hope underneath the coldness. It's very different from the Japanese version: despite that it was set in summer, the overtone was very bleak and melancholy. So I believe TWTWB won't have a tragic ending.

chime.png

That Winter, The Wind Blows is also awaiting broadcasts in Japan, and other Asian countries. After the series ends in Korea, the cast and staff will be touring in those countries for promotion.

cr:enewsworld

Guest tabijoo

Hot Searches on Korean portal sites
84700945.jpg

#3. Jo Insung Song Hyekyo Caring/Consideration#8. Song Hyekyo SNSD 
f9198618367adab4d3365a4.gif7af40ad162d9f2d3e6d165e.gif
the 2nd gif expresses all my feels

it's great to hear the crew and the casts are going to promote this drama outside korea..

hopefully, SHG will join to promote too as she'll have another shoot with her new movie, right? hye gyo shi, please take some rest..

kudos to the production crew.. with the hot response from singapore, it shows that this drama is sooo popular. pray that they will received the same positive and encouraging response from other countries...

i'll anticipate the respond from japan the most.. that's where the winter sonata fever/syndrome has born.. even if this is a remake, i believe this drama will receive the same attention considering the powerhouse onscreen couple, O2 and the breathtaking winter scenery

The drama is airing on Channel One in Singapore, on Wednesdays and Thursdays 8.55pm So rare of Singapore to begin showing before Japan,haha.It certainly shows the strong following we had in Singapore here.Hopefully TWTWB cast will visit for promotions..Today is Wednesday.Finally wait till today. :) 

OMG, this thread grows too fast and I have a hard time to catch up with it.  Just a few more hours before eps 12 is being aired.  Can't wait...   :-w

Love the chemistry between the leading couple, well done SHK and JIS and the entire production team!  Normally a drama with big names only "start out off with a bang and end with a whimper" but TWTWB does live up to my expectation.  =D>

Now, all I ask for is OS & OY either both live or both die. [-O<

Guest lntervention

Hi guys! I just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed reading your insightful/hilarious comments. I love how quality drama can bring everyone together through fun discussion + aesthetic appreciation (omgah JIS & SHK!!) and draw out even the lurkiest of lurkers (me) haha. I've had Soo/Young thoughts swimming around in my head after rewatching eps and had to get them off my chest so here it goes~
My rewatch made me realise that Soo could not have been any better written or acted and it made me fall in love with him all over again! I love Soo's growth trajectory. While rewatching eps 1-2, I sensed that there were 3 facets to 'Soo, the man': his outer bravado, inner apathy, and a deeper, underlying subconscious I can't identify. It's as though his being is constantly on the brink of something erratic and unexplainable - internal chaos / barely controlled desperation? I can't pinpoint what but I noticed it at the beginning when he reflects on the term 'family' and after Sora accuses him of being cruel. Soo agrees with wry laughter and an off-kilter, almost distraught gleam in his eyes that recurs in jail, fight scenes and at the end of ep 1 when he finds a way out of his debt. He's like a loose cannon; desperate to live, yet living his life 'all in' with carelessness that ironically sees him hanging onto life by a thread, always close to danger.
Soo lacks fulfilment and I love that Young gradually neutralises the toxicity in his life that manifests from HJ's death. They have both been so damaged by their pasts. It seems that they were already respectively hurtling towards total emotional ruin before they met each other. But then Young puts Soo's life into perspective and enriches it with her vulnerability and tentative acceptance. I love that they save each other. From apathy; from self-imposed defences; from numbly going through the motions of living. I love the intensity of their emotional exchanges and the catharsis of crying along with them and lamenting their helplessness. Soo and Young are such tragic characters elevated by supreme acting. I don't know for whom I ache more. ='(
And omg, during the scenes (cotton candy, Young sleeping, after her 'I want to live' msg) where Soo loses all self-awareness and just looks at her - really looks - it's as though time ceases existence and his eyes are peeling away all the walls she's built and he's seeing her true self, valuing her and loving the sum of all her parts. His looks are simply devastating. JIS's acting is loaded with such pathos and SHK complements him well with her quiet intensity. When Soo finds Young's snowman & msg then looks up at her, I ugly-cried so much I would've made JIS proud lol. It hit home just how far they had come from their jaded selves. They are actively trying to reconcile previous pains and misgivings and move forward, even if it's into the eye of a bigger storm. I love that Soo finally finds peace (despite his perceived impending death) and now it's Young's turn to come to terms with Soo's identity and figure out his role in her life when he's no longer a brother (future hubby please!). No one deserves a happy ending more than them, and if they do get one, they've truly earned it after enduring so much blood and tears.
When I watch TWTWB, I feel like I'm not only watching for the plot or characters but for an appreciation of film and all the different parts (lighting, costuming, winter & wind motifs, OST) that come together so cohesively to create a superb whole akin to period pieces (Atonement, Austen adaptations, etc.) Maybe it's because I'm not yet out of my teens, but I love angst and Greek/Shakespearian tragedies. If you give me a plot where the protagonists are backed into a corner with no conceivable way out, yet somehow find one and are ultimately fulfilled (no matter how bittersweet) that's a dream come true. TWTWB is one of the finest examples of beautiful angst I've come across in Kdramas. It hurts so, so good.
The tl;dr version? I love everything about TWTWB! I'm so grateful to NHK for her brilliant writing and to you guys for posting amazing goodies. Thanks for creating a place where everyone can share their thoughts and fangirl comfortably =) FROM OZ, TWTWB FIGHTING! (I'm super sorry, this wasn't meant to be so long)

Guest Tarits

tessieroo - your post with the man running is hilarious but so apt!  I am counting the hours too, made sure my cellphone will wake me up at 5:30 a.m. as live streaming starts 6 a.m.! 

SHK is deserves to get an award too.  To act as a blind with your eyes open, to be looking but not really seeing and give that blank stare must be so difficult.  She deserves our applause!

I wish the PD and writer will have a change of heart and end the drama on a happy tone. I am also thinking - will the last week air 3 episodes? One episode on that Wednesday and then 2 episodes the following day?  Or are they going to add an epilogue or what?  Even now, I am telling myself I will get the original DVD when it goes on sale and I hope there will also be a director's cut!

I join everyone here in the excitement, the thrill and the anticipation of what will happen.  Inspite of the previews, it is still difficult to guess what will happen.

Fasten your seatbelts chingus and be ready to take off ...  episode 12 is about to air!