[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest sunshine4ever

Here is the rest of the Good Morning SBS 37 Mins Translations by Softy

(thanks @kikay14 for notifying me. I edited my previous page and put them in red for new updates, but I guess this is it folks. ^^)

after they finish shooting JIS yells “director the snow hurts.” narrator says it was hard but they had fun and finished filming well.

JIS: i am meeting you after a long time – I should have met you sooner. I think it took a long time so that I could meet you on this project. as much as you expect/anticipate -for the sake of making a good project I am trying very hard. I will work hard to film and make (this) to receive your love. I will work hard on the set – i will please ask for a lot of interest and expectation. thank you.

SHK: as much as a lot of staff and actors are suffering in the cold, I expect a good project will come out. JIS who is next to me and I will work hard to film.

JIS: SBS drama special “That winter, the wind blows,”

they both say: please view a lot.

JIS: please be sure to.

Taken from: http://soulsrebel.wordpress.com/2013/03/07/that-winter-the-wind-blows-e9/#more-33281

Got this capture from Softy's site. I like this capture so much. I like the way he touched her now that she won't touch him because she was mad at him.
1z5r8gm.jpg

Guest diamond2212

hello, im silent reader here, i can see that many ppl are doulbing bout oh young's cold reaction toward oh soo in ep 9, and this is the official explanation i read: when oh young asked oh soo bout the medicine in early ep, oh soo said that the medicine would help ppl to ease the pain easily so oh young completely believed it, however after she took the filling to check, it turns out to be a killer pill, so she tot oh soo was lying to her and cos he said the pill would help ppl feel comfortable, she might use the medicine, she was thinking that he was trying to kill her (cos he promised to let her use the medicine tho he knows that it would kill her), thats why she broke down and acted all cold toward oh soo, in the end of the epi, she cried and said ''if you want to kill me, why dont you let me use that pill''?u cant blame oh young for behaving coldly cos she is actually blind and she ouldnt see how hurt oh soo was when he promised to let her use the drug, she is misunderstanding oh soo in this situationAND FOR PPL WHO THINK JIS N SHK DO NOT HAVE MUCH CHEMISTRY OFFSCREEN, U DUN NEED TO WORRY I THINK COS THE DIRECTOR HIMSELF SAID THAT THEY BOTH HAVE GREAT CHEMISTRY TGT HAHA IF THEY ARE NOT CLOSE, WHY THE DIRECTOR SAID THAT? XDDD THE BTS WE WATCHED WERE CUT FROM EARLY EPS WHEN THE ACTORS JUST STARTED TO WORK TGT N DIN GET CLOSE AS THEY ARE NOW, IF U WATCH THE BTS IN THE NEXT EP (WHEN THEY ARE PLAYING W THE SNOW) U CAN SEE THAT JIS N SHK ARE MUCH CLOSER N THEY SEEM HAVE FUN TGT NOW XDDDDD IN BTS PIC THEY EVEN HOLD HANDS WHEN THEY READ THE SCRIPT RITE LOL DUN WORRYTHIS IS CUTEihe14v5Icc6jg.gif
CR: THE OWNER

Guest dunlop09

Ep. 9 is definitely a turning point for both our main characters. Poor OS's lies are all catching up to him and it's really sad because we know he's sincere but there's no way he can prove that to the other characters after what he did.

As for OY, she finally put her wall down for OS. She really did believe OS was her real brother judging from the scene with SW(She said memories cannot be faked). She thought her brother gave her some kind of drug that eases one's pain, but when he lies to her to make sure she doesn't take what's inside, she starts seeing something is up. It's only then that she realizes that when he said this is a pill you take when you want to die, he literally meant "to die". To be honest I feel like she would have been hurt less at that point if she knew OS wasn't her brother. Can you imagine finding out your own brother contemplated killing you at one point? This girl has so little joys in her life, I hope this angst doesn't play out too long.

Guest NEWMARIO

class="pl_video_pagetitle" style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; white-space: nowrap; max-width: 620px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; position: relative; color: rgb(32, 32, 32); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Clean, sans-serif; text-align: left; "

That Winter, The Wind Blows'그겨울 바람이분다'_Sand Painting
_

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy0gaw_that-winter-the-wind-blows-yyy-yyyyy-sand-painting-mv6_music
cr: to uploader

Guest Loveee

@Zarrajae & @Ziimblu I agree! :)

I hope this drama doesn't have a sad ending. But who am I kidding. We all know it will be a devastating ending :(. Not ready for it.

love it <3 
522525_621749407850748_1903266571_n.jpg

I can’t see love with my eyes
I don’t know where it is
I stumble around, looking for it
But finally,
I have touched it with my hands
When you turned around back then
And smiled at me,
I opened my eyes

Your scent that scatters in the wind
Your low voice that I hear
Comes spreading into my heart
that is cold like the winter
Love blooms as the snowflakes

My tears glisten as they
well up in my eyes
Because I’m afraid this love
will wither some day

One day, two days,
three days, four days
To the point where
I can use up all of my time
I am happy with you alone

Cr. TWTWB FB

"That Winter, The Wind Blows" Jo In Sung and Song Hye Kyo's Love Incapable of Growth

74484_621685014523854_38775253_n.jpg

Incest is clearly illegal wherever there are people. Love between a brother and a sister is such a taboo that it can't even be imagined. Even though Oh Young (Song Hye Kyo) and Oh Soo (Jo In Sung) from the SBS drama "That Winter, The Wind Blows" are not biological siblings, their love is far from easy.

SBS usually wholeheartedly supports classic melodramas. In "That Winter, The Wind Blows" however, there is an obstacle in trying to make the romance grow since there is a limit to how much physical contact is allowed between the fake sibling. Oh Young still believes that Oh Soo is her biological brother so it is impossible for Oh Soo to make any more physical contact. Throughout 9 episodes, there was not a single kiss scene.

In a typical melodrama, a kiss scene is the best way to show the love between two characters who are romantically involved. "IRIS" for example drew attention for the candy kiss scene while "Secret Garden" drew attention for the bubble kiss scene.

The Delicate Process of Transforming the Sibling Relationship to a Romantic Relationship

Since the storyline is very different from a typical melodrama, the romantic relationship needs to take a different route from that of a typical one. Since they won't be able to express their love openly or make any physical contact, they will have to somehow make baby steps to progress in order to show physical contact very naturally. Previously, Oh Soo let Oh Young take hold of his arm since she can't see. Also, when Oh Young told Oh Soo that she has insomnia, he slept on the same bed together with her to comfort her.

Obvious but subtle physical contact is an advantage of being siblings. Viewers have high expectations since the drama features top stars Jo In Sung and Song Hye Kyo. Although "That Winter, The Wind Blows" is a melodrama, it is proving to be difficult for the "couple" to make any real progress.

Regardless, the production crew is somehow managing to maintain their delicate romance. Oh Young attempts to make a cake even though she is unable to see anything. Oh Soo tries to help her use a knife by hugging her from the back and guiding her hand holding the knife.

Also, there was a scene where Oh Soo and Oh Young walk up a mountain together. At the top of the mountain, Oh Soo says, "One thing that I want to show you the most right now is you." Touched, Oh Young says, "This is what you're supposed to do to your older brother, right?" and kisses him on the cheek. In addition, Oh Soo attempts to kiss Oh Young's lips while she is asleep but gives up.

It seems that for a while, the romance in "That Winter, The Wind Blows" will continue to be this way. There will be a lot of time require for Oh Young to find out about Oh Soo's true identity and then forgiving him so that they could become romantically involved.

Regardless of the lack of physical contact, viewers are sitting on the edge of their seats, touched by the romance in the drama. Does this conclude that looks are everything?

cr KDramaStars 

577205_621716777854011_421127593_n.jpg

It's not just a plain strawberry cake that landed on Oh Soo's table for his birthday ~~
Strawberries symbolize love, happiness, and success. The shape of a strawberry is usually in the shape of a heart, giving it its love symbol. Also, green means eternal, or eternity, so sometimes a strawberry can mean eternal love, happiness, or success.
Strawberries are also sweet, they might symbolize sweet personality, kindness, and childhood 

cr http://symbolism.wikia.com/wiki/Strawberry + TWTWB FB

I finally got to watch ep.9 with sub. I was curious before watching, I read lots of spoilers and wonder what might caused OY to get mad. She obviously know the med was something "to ease all pain". I mean, what else could you think of if one put it like that??

But after watching, I think the problem is much more complex than that.

The first time I sense something different was when OS emptied the drug's capsule. OY face there..stiffen. in her mind... i think she saw it as some kind of betrayal. Not that she really want to die, probably, but the fact that OS did something against her will and lie to her face bcoz he thought she wouldn't know..bcoz she's blind.

Then comes secretary wang with her stories doubting OS. and the truth about what kind of drug was it. I kinda get OY' reaction. It's not that she's mad about the drug in particular. It's more like she's frustrated thinking that the person she thought she could trust completely, her brother, might have another motive. I think that she knows he's being nice to her, it might even feel sincere at times. But it's killing her to think that there are more hidden below those sincerity. What with being blind and used to not trust everybody around her.

Maybe it's just me, over analyzing. Wishfully thinking that there is more to the story than OY being a spoilt brat.

I'm loving the drama. And though it might be too good to be true for this drama to have a happy end, i truly wish for a happy end for all.

OY was cold because she found out that OS lied to her from the beginning. In this ep, she found out about OS's lies one after another. The one grave mistake people usually make with OY is that they assumed she is easy to fool just because she's blind. But OY is more observant & sharp than anyone. I think instinctively she knew that OS is not her brother, but she's desperately wanted to have her brother back and someone she can trust. So as long as she didn't catch the lie herself, she can go on believing that OS is her brother.

I think OY is quite scary when she's cold.

Guest sunshine4ever

Ah, okay there was a news about In Sung's designer, but here is a news on Youtube. I wonder what does it say?

Thanks to Wiwi

Guest jjsweeter0211

viewimage.php?id=baramibunda&no=29bcc427viewimage.php?id=baramibunda&no=29bcc427viewimage.php?id=baramibunda&no=29bcc427viewimage.php?id=baramibunda&no=29bcc427viewimage.php?id=baramibunda&no=29bcc427ZTN7AjU.jpg7M3mHYg.jpgySjOCMz.jpgBLrJE4W.jpg60eBpr6.jpgjvemfKY.jpg

cr to DC

tumblr_mjcj68i63l1qbr3lko1_500.gif

Even if I’m gone and you’ve lost the wind chime,
The wind that blows during winter,
will always be the loudest here.

Oh Soo

cr to yourenotme