[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

My thought on the first two episodes

Jo In Sung´s portraying of Oh Soo is so good and real. I feel so bad for Oh Soo because he really has nothing, and when he´s on verge of dying suddenly a golden spoon comes his way. The opportunity to be PL group´s son. But I don´t feel that Oh Soo is doing this merely just because of money, I don´t know why but I feel that he can see through Oh Young´s loneliness because he´s the same as her. I feel that somehow he´ll come to protect her from all the wolfs in that house.

And I´m the only one who feel that the house Oh Young lives in feels like a scary and isolated castle?? When Oh Young stood at the window and just felt the night-sky breeze, I felt so much lonelines in her. From my POV it looks like she´s like rapunzel who is "jailed" in the big and empty castle.

The house might look big from the outside, but I can´t feel any warmth from it at all and neither from the people living there. Oh Young must have been living such a lonely life... Actually Oh Soo who have never been there could also sence the lonelines and that something was wrong with the people living in that house, those "close" to Oh Young.

Also I really like that all the characters are really smart, they aren´t dumb or clueless at all like the typical kdrama characters. Oh Young is pretty smart and I don´t know but a part of me think she knows that Oh Soo might not be her real brother. But among those wolfes she rather trust a stranger than those "close" to her. Like see the scene were she rather trust the taxi driver to find her letter than her own shuffler and the part were she rather have Oh Soo read her brother´s letter than anyone else in her house. Also remember in the letter when her brother said that his chingu "Oh Soo" is a good person who are trustworthy? Maybe she knew that her brother trusted him and she also choose to do so?

But Jo In Sung and Song Hye Kyo portraying of the characters are so good that I can feel so much lonelines and how untrustful she are of others (I can´t blame her for that though). I can also feel how much Oh soo wants to live despite living a life like scumbag or lowlife. But he´s right we don´t need a reason to live, the fact that he´s alive and he just want to continue living.

I really started to tear up at the pool-scene, it seems to me that Oh Soo has lived a life where it´s always been him and no one else that he cares about. It seems like he doesn´t understand others and it just hit him then that Oh Young is different and she´s been through much hurt. He looked really regretful somehow when she talked about what an "oppa" should have done when meeting their sister blind after many years.

But it seems like Oh Soo will stay beside OY for 3 months. And also remember how she said after 3 months the vice directors at PL group will choose their new president? I think after those 3 months either she´ll be the official president or somehow Oh Soo identity needs to be revealed and they´ll marry instead and he´ll be the president. But that´s only if she trust him, and at least we know she doesn´t trust her atm fiance...

Guest berrymonster

오소 (Oh soo) and 오수 (Oh su) in korean same sound. They are different name. Joo in sung casting as 오수 pretend to be 오소. In ep 3 wang secertary check his citizen card the name is 오소.

Anyway I really feel that this drama is trying to break the stereotyping the public have upon disabled persons, and in this case it´s against the blind. Like at the scene where Kim Bum character says "Swimming? How can a blind person swim?". But it turns out that they can, and they´re living and trying to live a normal life just like everyone else.

I feel that Hyokyo and everyone else has done a really good research on this topic and even from the smallest detail they´re making it so real. I also like the more realistic approach that being blind doesn´t mean you can´t do anything at all, because in real life the blind is just living and function in the society just like any of us.

-
Ohh are the official rating for ep3 out? I hope it´ll be good and rise from ep1 and 2 :)

Guest lucky120593

Hello there all wind lovers!! haha.. (sorry I don't know how to address you guys.. so for now I will just call you wind lovers)
I didn't get to watch the live streaming for episode 3 just now.. but I've read all the recaps.. and its seems very interesting!! because I've missed the live streaming, I will patiently wait for the subs to come out before watching.. I realized that I feel more connected to the characters when I watch it with subs.. 
To be honest when I watch the live streaming yesterday.. I am kinda lost you know.. even though I know what is happening but I just couldn't feel the connection to the drama and characters.. but I still love it nevertheless... and I think it still has it's own charms that left you wanting for more episodes..and not to mention the eye candy casts!!  hahaha..
Just now I finally watch both episodes with sub.. and I must say that the feeling was totally and utterly different from yesterday.. I actually shed some tears when OS read the letter and when OY brother died while she was screaming for taxi IN FRONT of her dead brother.. I can finally understand and relate to the characters way better than before.. so all in all.. this drama totally keep my interest intact..so far so good.. it still lives up to my expectation.. and I hope it will stay that way until it ends.. TWTWB FIGHTING!!

Guest katkat88

I really love this drama. Compared to the japanese drama, this korean drama remake is much better.  I really hope that the ending will be the same as that of the japanese drama although it's still acceptable to me if they followed the korean movie remake ending for greater impact.

Ah man, I'm kinda bummed

It appears that Oh Young's friend, Mi Ra is also only hanging around because she's being paid. So she's only there for money. *sigh*

Anyone else doubt the tumor story? Easy way to solve that - he can take her to the hospital himself to be tested.

AGB:
3rd episode
Nationwide: 12,4% (12th)     /     -0,4%Seoul: 13,8% (5th)     /     -0,7%

IRIS2 - 12,4% (12th) / 12,0% (9th)7th Grade Civil Servant - 12,1% (14th) / 13,2% (6th)
TNS:
3rd episode
Nationwide: 12,3% (15th)     /     +0,3%Seoul: 14,4% (8th)     /     +0,4%

IRIS2 - 15,0% (6th) / 16,9% (5th)7th Grade Civil Servant - 13,8% (11th) / 15,1% (7th)