[Drama 2013] 7th Grade Civil Servant / Level 7 Civil Servant 7급 공무원

Guest sunshine4ever

Geez....So all of the cast and staff members were working throughout the night.
It must be tough because this winter in Korea was the coldest one in years!

JW answered CKH's tweet after 1 and PD posted Chansung's picture around...like 3 or 4 am? !

9cf9c943gw1e1r4x8jugxj.jpg

6437981020130213084847017.jpg

6437981020130213084516077.jpg

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So there's bloody Gillro again, I wonder who was shot. One of the agents? One of the parents? (again..) Or one of the killers? Seo won crying and hugging Gillro... so she realized her feelings with this shooting scene? We will know tonight or tomorrow night... can't wait for the English sub.

coolreborn said:
So there's bloody Gillro again, I wonder who was shot. One of the agents? One of the parents? (again..) Or one of the killers? Seo won crying and hugging Gillro... so she realized her feelings with this shooting scene? We will know tonight or tomorrow night... can't wait for the English sub.

ohani said: @ Ma OO  @mrdimples

My apology. I am overreacting together with DC fans when I read this interview: >:)
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=001&aid=0006087828

(My translation is very rough since Korean is not my first language. I only translate part of it, especially the good part on JW. /:) ).
The interviewer interviewed the writer who is the writer for both the movie and the drama. The writer says that in the film, there is one minute where the main leads are talking about how they got to know each other before. The writer thought maybe he could have extended this one minute into a drama. He really wanted to get the real materials as the basis for NIS, but since it is a government agency, he has no way of getting the information how NIS really works. Also, since this is a TV drama, it can be a challenging task since you have to flesh out the story with more details. 

He then also talks about how NIS agencies should not be good looking at all since they have to appear as normal and ordinary people around us. He thinks that even within the government agency, there should still be some funny stories.

When asked about the age difference between CKH and JW, he said that he thought JW is older than his age when he watched Bridal Mask and he always thought CKH looks younger than her age. Both are his favorites and he is happy.

He also complements about JW's good acting. He said that GR's character is rude and petulant. But fortunately, JW is not over-acting so he actually appears cute and endearing. JW is also tall and handsome.

=======================================================================

So that's basically the gist of the interview. Hmm...I guess I was overtly critical. This is part of my obsession of looking for interviews of drama/film writers since regardless of ratings, a good script will make a drama or film unique and unforgettable. For instance, Goodbye Solo remains one of my favorites because of Noh Hee Kyung's earnest writing. And my first impression when I read this particular interview is that the writer basically has to create something out of an vacuum and his description of NIS as well as his characters are rather vague :-O I was hoping that he can talk more specifically about why he wants to tell this story and why it matters. Being a rom-com does not mean that there needs not to be a purpose in story-telling. And then, the text preview of episode 7 changes after I read the interview. And I read the script of episode 8 was only released on Sunday?  So that's why I was swayed by DC fans in believing that the script was changed to a darker tone. So basically I had a roller coaster ride yesterday because I so wanted this drama to succeed!! It doesn't help since I really love Bridal Mask and My Sweet Seoul, which for me are the representative works by our main leads respectively. As much as I enjoy rom-com, I still want 7th to become another meaningful rom-com.

But as someone has mentioned earlier, I've seen more potential in the TV drama than in the original film. I am probably the only few who is completely indifferent to the film although I love the cast. There is more room for character development in the drama, if the writer permits it. Instead of playing interminable hide-and-seek, perhaps the drama can portray the maturation of characters. In episode 5 and episode 6, I see how GR again reflects upon whether his value of life is, like his father, all about money. But that realization actually brings him closer to his father and for the first time in his life, he is showing tenderness to his father. Although I still feel dissatisfied with the thin characterization SW, I am happy to see that she is more than the love object of GR. She is the catalyst of his change. In the future, I want to see how GR makes SW realize that she should live for herself, instead for her parents. That kind of love story, coupled with maturation, is most touching and memorable.

mrdimples said: You think the scriptwriter has changed the story again? Actually, I am kind of lost as to what was the original story anyway unless by original, you meant the movie. I am absolutely fine with the fact that the story deviates from the movie version. All I want is a rom com which will make me laugh and at the same time, be vested in the characters.But sadly the scriptwriter has not given his best in these areas. There are hilarious moments and a couple of clever ones but there could have been much more. Choi Kang Hee and Joo Won are both doing a great job. Without them, Seo Won will look like a dime a dozen Candy girl, sweet but flat and Gilro will be an annoying childish rich kid who wants love like he wants another toy 
I have read somewhere that this script has been finding its way to production for like 2 years. I am not sure if it's the issue of getting actors or getting the broadcast station or producers. I would have imagine in that period, the writer could have improved on it greatly. However, I find the storytelling disjointed and often, we have to deliberate on the purpose and meaning behind certain scenes and developments to gain a better understanding. I never knew that a comedy would demand so much from a viewer and it's not the good type of deliberation either. Besides Joo Won and Choi Kang Hee, the show is so blessed with great acting talents like Ahn Nae Sang, Jang Young Nam and even had Uhm Tae Woong to cameo. The veterans playing the parents are also fantastic although I could never understand why the show keeps on at Seo Won's parent's village politics. Min Seo is lovely as usual and Chansung is one of the best kpop idols I have seen acting of late. I do not know what the writer has up his sleeve but I think if this sinks, then it quite probable that we have seen the best of this writer already.

I know this isn't the best way of getting ratings but I imagine that in a scenario whereby viewers give up on IRIS2 and TWTWB for whatever reason, 7LCS is the drama most might switch to instead of the other way round. Assuming people have no time to backtrack and catch up on episodes aired, 7LCS is something you can easily get into and pick up. Whereas IRIS2 and TWTWB's storylines are just too complicated and require 100% follow through. 
I seriously should stop thinking about this *sigh* I can't even remember a time I cared about ratings, this is the first and hopefully the last. 

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em;"“Level 7 Civil Servant” Reveals Joo Won’s Cute Behind-the-Scenes AnticsKpopFighting.comBy Korea Star Daily | KpopFighting.com – 3 hours ago

• Email
  • Recommend
  • Tweet
  • Joo WonView Photo

Joo Won

A set of eleven photos of male lead Joo Won were released today showing the actor’s cute behind-the-scene antics on the set of “Level 7 Civil Servant”.

In the photographs, Joo Won shows his ability to make viewers laugh, acting as the self-absorbed, cute and humorous Gil Ro. Joo Won’s trademark half-moon smile and “eye smiles” are also on show in the photographs.

Gil Ro’s character has been capturing female viewer’s hearts with his multi-faceted character, sometimes immature and sometimes romantic, and viewers have been waiting expectantly on what sort of romantic storyline will play out between him and Seo Won (Choi Kang Hee).

One of the members of the crew praised Joo Won for his positive influence on set saying, “Joo Won’s happy presence on set makes everyone else feel very satisfied, and his bright smile has won him a lot of affection from his co-stars and members of the crew.”

By: Yun Hyo Jeong

source: sg entertainment news on Yahoo! 

@coolreborn thanks for the BTS pics. OMG, look at how bundled up the staff are and Joo Won and CKH has to film wearing so little layers. Looking at CKH's bare legs, I feel frozen already. No wonder in between takes, they pile on the outlayers and use blankets or love quilt(Yes, Chansung, you cute thing) to warm their legs. 
You must be joking about me replacing the writer. These are professionals, they are supposed to be the best. 

And snow falls....
1-3.jpg
Firing a salvo at TWTWB, LOL. Nope, this is real snow. Read a newsclip about this scene. It didn't reveal much so I am not translating. But it says that when they were filming this, snow started to fall, adding to the beauty of the backdrop. It was also very cold but Joo Won and CKH gave their all in this scene and earned a round of applause from the crew. 

Text Preview of Episode 7

Through Do Ha, Gilro learns about Seo Won’s thoughts but is unable to believe Seo Won’s true motive. He feels very conflicted. Meanwhile NIS are stepping up their investigation into XX and Mi Rae. In order to get information on Mi Rae, Seo Won has no choice but to deceive Gilro. However, she is worried and feels bad that Gilro has injured himself because of her.

Text Preview of Episode 8

After Gilro and Seo Won confessed their feelings for each other, they spent happy moments together. But seeing Seo Won like this has made Young Soon rather concerned. She and Do Ha have the same stance on the situation.

Meanwhile, for Gilro’s safety, Joo Man makes a big decision.

Chinese translation: minidadalove on Joo Won Bar Baidu

English translation: mrdimples@soompi

Note: I will try to verify the characters’ names as I am sometimes lost on the minor characters’ names in Chinese. 

@mrdimples
I am not a Korean American or Korean. I learn Japanese before and I pick up a bit Korean. But the biggest assets of mine are my Korean friends. :P
BTW, I gotta share this. This is hilarious. I love the Simpsons and this makes me love me the Simpsons/Chansung even more!

Gangjjang tweeted Chansung a while ago, telling him to take care of himself. On the picture, it writes "Father, it's so cold!"
:))
Credit: Baidu Hwang Chansung

17351309720130213140013037.jpg

Archived