[Drama 2012] The Lord of the Drama/The King of Dramas 드라마의 제왕

NakaiKana

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@bonds ....Hi. Welcome to the thread ! I love On Air. :x Some compare it to Worlds Within too but I havent watch that one yet.

Update on Jung Man Sik's character

Jeong Man-sik in "The King of Dramas" is about to go bad.

Actor Jeong Man-sik is going to set up a conflict with Kim Myeong-min in the new SBS drama "King of Dramas".

"The King of Dramas" is about the argument between an outsourcing production company CEO Anthony Kim (Kim Myeong-min) who claims money is everything about a drama and Lee Go-eun (Jeong Ryeo-won) who claims drama is about humanity. Jeong Man-seok acts out the role of Oh Jin-hwan, a character who goes from director to CEO of the company Anthony Kim owns.

Oh Jin-hwan is a silent helper of Anthony Kim but is always planning on how to bring Anthony Kim down. He looks loyal but he's very secretive and double-sided.

The two are meeting again for the first time since the movie "Spy".

Meanwhile, "The King of Dramas" will be aired in November.

link: http://www.hancinema.net/jeong-man-sik-in-the-king-of-dramas-48461.html

source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201210110809561410

another article

link http://kimmyungmin-international.com/teaser-for-the-lord-of-the-drama-released/

@takugoro. Hi... Thanks for your warm welcome. And thanks for the articles too.  I'll definitely be here for the longest time.

I didn't watch World Within. But I thought it focus more on the directors and it's production.

As for this drama, like On Air, it focus on the director, the script writer and the actors / actresses, ie. the drama production and scandals surrounding them. Somehow, I feel that it's the opposite of On Air's characters.

On Air:
Park Yong Ha (gosh, I miss him) - a struggling director
Song Yun Ah - a popular and successful but somewhat 'crazy' and somehow soft-hearted script writer
Kim Ha Neul - a popular but arrogant actress, surrounded with scandals

The Lord of Drama:
Kim Myung Min - a successful but sly and despicable director
Jung Ryeo Won - a newbie script writer
Choi Si Won - a popular but arrogant(?) actor

What I hope not to see is Jung Ryeo Won's character being dumb or silly so that the guys become the heros to her rescue.

Kim Myung Min! He impressed me with his superb performance in White Tower. I didn't watch Beethoven Virus as I don't like the overall casts. But I strongly believe he will impress us with his acting skill once again.  Thus I'm looking forward to this new drama of his. Arrogant he may be, but I believe he has a soft side too. I love how he said about 'Drama is MONEY' and that he's the 'Lord of the Dramas'.

Jung Ryeo Won. I like her in Which Star Did You Come From?. But I find her too thin to watch, especially in My Lovely Sam-Soon.  Hope to like her in this drama.

Choi Si Won.  Never like him in Oh My Lady but he does look good in it.  Well, hope to like him over here.

Oh Ji Eun.  Love her in Three Brothers, Smile Donghae and I Live In Cheongdam Dong.  Really hope she will deliver as she has always acted in the family dramas.  Let's hope that her character in here, is not despicable, please...  As Anthony Kim's girlfriend. will she end up with him or break up with him in the end?  Or will Anthony fall for Lee Go Eun (Jung Ryeo Won) and choose her over Sung Min Ah (Oh Ji Eun)?  Can't wait for all to reveal.  But I'm sure that Kang Min (Choi Si Won) will fall for Go Eun.

Well, hope to read more news and see more photos for this interesting dramas.  November, please come quickly!

is it going to be aired in november right ? well, there must be tough competition cz this drama must encounter other antipated dramas ....let's see how this drama goes ....
:)

I like that Kwon Hae Hyo is part of the cast. Love him. Especially the way he talks. And I think he's handsome...haha Thanks everyone for the updates. I'm sorry if I havent been around. Problems with the laptop. I'm having it fix.

Oh we're already at page 5. Not a lot. But I'm happy. :) Thanks again everyone for your contributions. :x

Archived