[Drama 2013] Queen of Ambition / Yawang 야왕

Guest annieice

Guest apache934

The reason HR's brother was killed because HR started the fight first !

Epi 9

I dislike HR ...He begins to be a dirty man ! with a lot of dirty tricks ... too bad guy

seducing BDK  is easy job for him because he used to be a gigolo seducing women to get money !!

Sorry for DH's  bad fate

so total 3 men in her life only BDH is a good man

This volley ball game HR with a lot of bad tricks I'm waiting for DH getting them back !!

This game between black & grey

Black : BDK +ajuma+ HR's friend + HR + doubleHR( Gangster master)

Grey : DH + her stepbrother

Black -> attack first -> ->->

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rainboww1430292066

Yup, he is become a dirty man, but remember that Da Hae force him to do that. A man who do anything for the one he loves but get back nothing, even his beloved daughter die because of her, himsefl got into the jail for years, who can endure it?

Doo Hoon can be a good man, but for me he is too stupid, just like a doll into Da Hae's hands..:(

Guest apache934

rainboww said: Yup, he is become a dirty man, but remember that Da Hae force him to do that. A man who do anything for the one he loves but get back nothing, even his beloved daughter die because of her, himsefl got into the jail for years, who can endure it?

Doo Hoon can be a good man, but for me he is too stupid, just like a doll into Da Hae's hands..:(

Guest apache934

I have a friend she got a diamond ring from her boyfriend + something else (  in proposing day )

then later they were separate then he asked her all things he gave to her include diamond box !!!

apache934 said: rainboww said: Yup, he is become a dirty man, but remember that Da Hae force him to do that. A man who do anything for the one he loves but get back nothing, even his beloved daughter die because of her, himsefl got into the jail for years, who can endure it?

Guest apache934

IF your stepfather abused you what would you do ?( I can see in this drama it's sex abused )

???? close your eyes ..  got pregnant ??

It's HR told her to run away !!

So I can say HR's group is BLACK

DH is grey ( not white but not too much black , 50%)

Guest meaghanp

I agree with what aemi has said Da Hae is very manipulative. She may think that she cares about something but her actions speak louder than words. She uses the people around her to get farther in life. She sees the opportunity and grabs it. She may have wanted to go to America with her daughter but the actions she shows after her death truly show her true character. But as the PD for this drama has said it is a drama were you are going to feel sympathy for the male lead instead of the female lead for once. 

Setting aside the question of the stepfather's death, do you seriously see Da Hae as a victim? Of what, precisely? Social expectations, poverty, etc.  These factors impact far too many people the world over and yet most of them aren't emotionally stunted sociopaths. Her greed and lack of empathy set in motion a chain of events that robbed Ha Ryu of his daughter and made him understand that the woman he had devoted his life to had betrayed him in the most humiliating manner. My eyes are surprisingly dry for poor old Da Hae. I think most of us watching this drama are waiting for her to fall - and fall hard.

Guest fantast1k1

I saw Epi.9 last night with subs---so, the horse's name was Lisa...poor Lisa, DH's plan was for her to be missing, not to be struck by a truck---just realized, Lisa death was parallel to Eun Byul's death...interesting. Well, after all BDK treated Lisa like a daughter...About HR being JW, it will be difficult to hide...mannerisms might not be the same...that will be HR's challenge...i feel sorry for SJ and JW's father coz HR is deceiving them...did you guys catch the "thumbprint"? ...DH will find HR's thumbprint and she'll find out he's not  JW...I like prison master, i'm changing his name to Professor coz he's the brain of Ha Ryu's revenge... ^:)^

Guest apache934

I think Black & grey both die

I want to say It's DH's dream instead of ambitious ( a dream of a poor girl wants to get away from poverty)

It's look like  there are  a lot of dirty politic tricks from HR & gangster master ( all are criminal actions )

waiting for DH 's actions

aemi said:

Setting aside the question of the stepfather's death, do you seriously see Da Hae as a victim? Of what, precisely? Social expectations, poverty, etc.  These factors impact far too many people the world over and yet most of them aren't emotionally stunted sociopaths. Her greed and lack of empathy set in motion a chain of events that robbed Ha Ryu of his daughter and made him understand that the woman he had devoted his life to had betrayed him in the most humiliating manner. My eyes are surprisingly dry for poor old Da Hae. I think most of us watching this drama are waiting for her to fall - and fall hard.

Guest arangsatto

Lol Is there anyone who justify what DH doing i cant even.....if there is one thing i can say about HR. is he is too human and stupid. Until now, DH keep outdone/outwittedhim. He is careless even in his scheme. He didnt do anything that bad yet. Just merely going with flow or trying to get closer to BDK. My fav character is BDK of course. DH is smart and maipulated people around her. She know and hated what HR did at the pub buy she manipulated him to make her further study at the us. She know that is a dirty money, but she use anyway. She know her daughter miss her so much, but she went to travel around us with BDH. She know she should meet her daughter when she sick, but she passed that. HR want to meet him to discuss they should pay responsibility of their crime but she frame HR. she then lied to her stepbrother that HR is the murderer. She even mentioned to the police she didnt want her background with HR revealed she want to start afreash. She didnt choose to take Eun Byul but asked by BDK to move out from their family or she will revealed DH true identity. Eun byul death of course is accident but she is responsible because she is a careless mother and fully responsible of her daughter at that time. Many and many more. How come we say she is forced to do that.no she is not force she CHOOSE to take that path. Many is born in poverty, and have many suffering in growing up but one cant blame others and tossed, maipulated people just like that.

Guest rainboww1430292066

apache934 said:

And even they have a lot children but must be  separate ,  TRUE LOVE is not require to repay

DH's baby dead because of her careless she did not kill her ( DH really wanted to go to USA with her child)

HR volunteer going to jail , volunteer to be gigolo ...

IF HR did not use the bad way to get her back then I don't think he was got by Police and going to jail ... because of the shovel evident

HR's brother dead because HR attacking first ...all I can see HR also is the bad man & bad fate of DH

DH's bad shadow forever ...in your real life you should not get anything from the others

and from epi 9 ------>HR & gangter master attaking DH what she can do is to find the way self protecting only !!!

I can see everything happend to DH must has a REASON first

Her stepdad attacked her she just handed the knife He himself hit the knife  what can she do ?? what you can do at that time ??

She  was following BDH because of BDK

People around force her to do it

Guest babymichiie

At last I've stumbled upon the thread for Queen of Ambition. Nice to meet all of you here ~

Well, I personally like Baek Dohoon and Baek Dokyung. I'm sure you are able to tell that Dohoon's my bias. Haha ~

Well, so far I'm enjoying the show a lot.. except that sometimes I get angry and get all emotional after watching the drama. Dahae seems so mean in my opinion.. and Dohoon so naive. Keke, but I believe many things will start to unfold soon and it's going to get more and more exciting soon. ;)

Well, I hope we are able to talk more here. Take care. ^^

Guest Arawni1430292037

I still just... Calling DH a sociopath just takes SO MUCH away from her character. The whole point of the character, in my opinion, is a path of a good person turning to the dark side. She's not emotionless, she has cared for some people and she has loved. She feels guilt and she feels shame. We have seen countless times her crying and being pained for her choices - and she has done these things ALONE. Those have not been acts she has put on to deceive somebody. Those have been moments of her true self surfacing. We've even herd her monologue on some such occasions.

I really don't understand why things have to be so black and white, DH as a sociopath and HR her poor victim. For all this time I've thought that the one thing this show has managed to do was to show DH as a GREY character. And angel falling from grace. A person who gives her finger to the devil and ends up being swallowed in whole. And the fact that people are saying that of, she's just this evil scheming sociopath... it's like transforming this interesting, multilayered three dimensional character into some paper doll. "Yeah, she's a sociopath, all explained."

Aish. But fine, I guess I can't turn anybody's head anyway, so I won't rant further. I'll just make clear that I strongly disagree with DH being sociopath, without guilt, being the killer of her daughter etc. Just to be put into record.

On the other news - I just watched episodes 9-10 and my reaction is mostly summed up thusly: *head desk*

Honestly. It's not that this drama didn't have problems before this but now stupid stuff seems to outweigh the good. For whole 2 episodes I was just amazed how stupidly people act. Fingerprint fiasco? You can get his fingerprints from a damn cup if needed!! HR pretending to be attorney Cha? Oh. My. God. That was HORRIBLE. Of course DH understood in a millisecond that it was him. Lousy actor our HR is. Not to mention how bad he was wooing BDK even though he used to make money by effectively seducing older ladies!

Agh. Everything was just all over the place. It was rather expected, I did think that once we get to the present things will slow down and become idiotic but still... Oh well, I guess I'll check the next two and see where this is going to but I'm not sure will I finish all the episodes. Sloppy writing, bad editing etc. doesn't really entice me to watch more.

Arawni said: I still just... Calling DH a sociopath just takes SO MUCH away from her character. The whole point of the character, in my opinion, is a path of a good person turning to the dark side. She's not emotionless, she has cared for some people and she has loved. She feels guilt and she feels shame. We have seen countless times her crying and being pained for her choices - and she has done these things ALONE. Those have not been acts she has put on to deceive somebody. Those have been moments of her true self surfacing. We've even herd her monologue on some such occasions.

I really don't understand why things have to be so black and white, DH as a sociopath and HR her poor victim. For all this time I've thought that the one thing this show has managed to do was to show DH as a GREY character. And angel falling from grace. A person who gives her finger to the devil and ends up being swallowed in whole. And the fact that people are saying that of, she's just this evil scheming sociopath... it's like transforming this interesting, multilayered three dimensional character into some paper doll. "Yeah, she's a sociopath, all explained."

Sociopaths get hurt and feel guilt/shame as well. They just have overriding motives that compel them to persist in their self-destructive paths.

If she's not a full blown sociopath, she definitely has sociopathic tendencies imho.

Archived