Do you like Salt & Pepper Shrimp? are you supposed to eat the whole shell or peel it off?

green papaya

Guest zer0mg

Oh! I love that kind of shrimp. I eat it with the shell but take off the head, legs, and tail. If the shell were gone, wouldn't most of the flavoring be, too?

Guest Yeoj1430291686

For as long as the shrimp is cooked "perfectly;" you could eat it which ever way you like it :-* Crustaceans such as shrimp should be cooked 4-5 minutes if it's a bit large while smaller ones cooked sooner... a rule of thumb to know that it's done is when the shrimp curls and turns into a nice orange color. :-bdBon appetit!!!! 

:D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HERMIT

I usually peel the shell off of the shrimp.
The reason being was because I was eating some of these out of a newspaper in an alley behind a popular seafood restaurant.
I was just eating it shell and all when this bum caught me and yelled, "You eat it with the shell?  What are you, some kind of barbarian?!"
I've been traumatized ever since.

Guest blankety

I always ask someone if the shell is edible or not, because it looks so tasty and crunchy, but at the same time gross if it's not fried enough that it'll become chewy =X

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sun Happy

I eat it shell off, it just tastes weird to me, hahaha. I sometimes peel off all the shells at once and add on salt and pepper myself  :)).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest jagerbomb

No shell, always peel.
Also it HAS to be deveined. I hate that grainy/rocky taste with a passion lol obviously I'm not a seafood person but I wish I was, the food looks so tasty .... especially squid/octopus but I just can't bring myself to eat it.

• 1 year later...

Archived