Girls That Play Video Games

NaughtyDog

It's interesting to me that guys tend to idealize girls who play video games, but at the same time they can get super butt-hurt when they get beaten by a girl (check out www.fatuglyorslutty.com for good examples - read at your own discretion as there is swearing and graphic words on that website). I'm not trying to say that all guys are like those guys on the website who are likely under the age of 14, but it is a discussion that I've seen on other forums I've gone to. The debate has gone both ways - with many guys stating that they'd flaunt it if their girlfriend kicked their richard simmons at a game and many others stating that it'd be a hit to their ego and they would practice their butts off to eventually beat them.

So, how would you feel if your girlfriend was better than you at the game you're the best at/most proud of and won every time you played? (Granted she's not rubbing it in your face that she wins all the time).

Would you want her to go easy on you and win once in a while or would you want her to play normally, but get beaten all the time?
Would it matter if you're both alone at home playing or if you're in front of all your friends?

Girls: Would you go easy on your boyfriend if you were really good at something or would you play your best?

This is why I train with the best in the world... So that there's no girl like that beating me constantly... She could beat me in some games and rub it in my face, it's ok... It's actually what's happening... At least she should know who's the boss in serious competitions.
B-)

Guest Kerriganton

If say it is a game that the guy have been playing all his life and a girl just comes out of nowhere and beat him at it?
Then I could see that being a WTF factor.

Guest dolcedor.

Uhh... I'd try my best. I don't believe in coddling people.

That said, my boyfriend is quite competitive. Whenever I beat him in something, he gets super upset and will dedicate time and effort to improving himself. Then he'll challenge me and beat me. =/

I usually can't be bothered to practice or train more--since he has more free time than I do--so I typically let him "win".

lol kind off track but once on MW3 these two obnoxious dudes kept repeating my gamertag (because it's kind of a weird one)I replied and first thing they said was, "you're a chick?" from there on out, they kept talking about everyone's kd and crap, showing off like douches when they really had no place to talk.
I was unfortunate and got put on the same team as them the next round. We lost. They jokingly said, "It's all your fault bannanay (me)!" I was actually the second highest on our team. And I told them, "Dude, you guys are at the bottom." 
They got really quiet and then one of them made a dumb excuse like, "I was...uh what was it...I was texting, yeah." They were really crappy and dragged down the whole team. Any time I faced them, my team would win. Then later they started making fun of the other KDs. The higher KD of one of them was a 6:12 and they made fun of a 4:6. Really? =_= 
so how did those guys feel?I bet they felt pretty damn stupid.
Girls that play don't play to get picked up or impressed.so stop making an @ss of yourself if you're one of these dudes.

oh yeah, and my boyfriend tends to tell me he "only had three bars" when I kill him many times or get a better score....I just let it go. We both know who really won those times. HAHA XD 

Guest sweetsunshine714

I wouldn't go easy on my boyfriend because he doesn't go easy on me. He's not really the type of guy who will let his girlfriend win -_- But that's okay, because I just kill him back and we both laugh at each other.  :)

Guest blush

Truth be told, my boyfriend and I get extremely competitive in games. Any kind of game. It's good for us because I get better at games he's good at and vice versa (ie; I used to suck at fps games but now I'm decent enough to kill him and he's bad at games like guitar hero in which I help him in). Ever since he got me an xbox, our relationship has gotten better because we have such good bonding time through video games... LOL. And the competitiveness drives out the passion in us... hahahaha. Basically, no, we don't hold each others hand and go easy! But we mostly play co-op games rather than versus each other so it works out but during free-for-alls it's go time.

@fabrications. I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND! That's why I don't talk on the headset anymore because I'm a chick and if we lose, it's always my fault, even if I carry the team's weight!

Guest o________O

I find this hypothetical difficult to contemplate being that no girl could ever beat me.

Kidding (before I get murdered lol).

Guest hellokatie1618

My boyfriend thinks it is cute when I am good at a game. And then it's all kisses from there. He says his pee pee is still longer than mine so he feels like a man still and no butt owie.

Guest lucky_tin06

I'm a girl & love vide ogames.
One time my friend asked me to play COD with him, but
I told him to take it easy since I don't remember the keys
anymore. (since i dont really play cod)
Anyways, At first, he was winning &I was okay with it since I
was having  fun. But, when I started beating him it was a
whole different story. He just got butt hurt & would say,
 "Oh! I let you win that time." and kept making excuses.

Like seriously?! Smh. Now, whenever I bring up the story I beat him
around our friends, he gets soo defensive -___-
With that said, I think it depends on the guy, if they are too competitive,
(like my friend) that they get too butthurt -_-

Guest <3StrawberryPocky<3

I think it depends on the guy to be honest. My ex used to flaunt to his friends how I beat him in super smash bros, COD, and Halo. It made him proud that a girl could beat him in his favorite games. The guy I'm currently seeing, however, gets really defensive whenever I beat him, and likes to rub it in my face when he beats me. He's really competitive and prefers being the better of us two in games.  

Guest supertammie

I'm awful at video games, but my boyfriend and I play black ops together from time to time.  We never have an issue with if he beat me or if I beat him--our real opponents are the zombies. 

I can tell though it frustrates him if I die repeatedly in one round or something, but he never says so and just keeps playing with me and encouraging me.  We kiss whenever we beat our previous record. XD!

Archived