Wasians/Wannabe Asians.

Guest harako

Guest xTwilight

But that isnt asian

despite the popularity in Japan lolita isnt theirs!!

Whomever thinks so is a straight up fool.

That's the point. People that try too hard to be japanese are straight up fools.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest unknowntibidip

But that isnt asian

I'm totally aware of that, but i don't think they are.

When you ask them why they wear those dresses they immediately reply you "because it's a Japanese style".

That's the anwser i got when questioned them.

But perhaps they were just special cases... if it is, then i'm sorry for the others :sweatingbullets:

That's the point. People that try too hard to be japanese are straight up fools.

I'm totally aware of that, but i don't think they are.

When you ask them why they wear those dresses they immediately reply you "because it's a Japanese style".

That's the anwser i got when questioned them.

But perhaps they were just special cases... if it is, then i'm sorry for the others :sweatingbullets:

Yeh they need to be aware

TO THE PEOPLE WHO THINK LOLITA IS JAPANESE....

if Lolita is japanese, I'm grabbing my sistahs, we gonna sport hangboks all day hard body

and it's gonna be considered african american from now on!

Guest xTwilight

Yeh they need to be aware

TO THE PEOPLE WHO THINK LOLITA IS JAPANESE....

if Lolita is japanese, I'm grabbing my sistahs, we gonna sport hangboks all day hard body

and it's gonna be considered african american from now on!

Lolita style isn't black either.

Guest Amanda Plz

^ Uh, she didn't say it was.

Why is this thread being brought back? -_- All it does is create racism and people whining about how others are 'stealing their culture'.

Guest Lovingyou<3

hahahaa its annoying but everytime i see one all dressed up gangsta it cracks me up cause its just too hilarious!

Guest f_r_E_a_K

But that isnt asian

To clarify ... Lolita style isn't exactly European either. Lolita has heavy influences from the Victorian era of England and the Rococo era of Europe, but the style itself (added in with some Gothic and other fashions) emerged from Japan's youth subcultures. Lolita did not begin in Europe, but Japan itself.

Guest f_r_E_a_K

^ Uh, she didn't say it was.

Why is this thread being brought back? -_- All it does is create racism and people whining about how others are 'stealing their culture'.

Lots of people claim that, but I think the overall message is to spread the knowledge that people can freely express their interests in other cultures and whatnot, but they should also embrace their own personal heritage as well, instead of trying to suppress it because they don't like it (or something like that).

Guest YO ITZZ JASONN

hahahaa its annoying but everytime i see one all dressed up gangsta it cracks me up cause its just too hilarious!

who? whites or asians? .. lol

Guest xTwilight

To clarify ... Lolita style isn't exactly European either. Lolita has heavy influences from the Victorian era of England and the Rococo era of Europe, but the style itself (added in with some Gothic and other fashions) emerged from Japan's youth subcultures. Lolita did not begin in Europe, but Japan itself.

Lolicon definitely originated in japan.

....No it didnt!

As I said before, that's like me wearing a korean hangbok patching a roc-a-wear design on it and calling it african american.

There is NOTHING japanese about it

it only became rage over there.

Guest Amanda Plz

It will never die dood

how old is thread 2yrs old?

Damn. It is 2 years old. 2006. Wow.

Lots of people claim that, but I think the overall message is to spread the knowledge that people can freely express their interests in other cultures and whatnot, but they should also embrace their own personal heritage as well, instead of trying to suppress it because they don't like it (or something like that).

I agree with that. People can express interests in other cultures but some people seem to have a problem with that and draw an invisible line stating: "Fine! You can like our culture, but if you like it TOO much than you're a wannabe."

Guest xTwilight

....No it didnt!

As I said before, that's like me wearing a korean hangbok patching a roc-a-wear design on it and calling it african american.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolicon

You have any facts supporting your claim, besides "well if I wear a hanbok, then it must be black!"

Even referring to the boring lolita novel would win some points, but no, you didn't even do that, but instead said wearing a hanbok.

Guest f_r_E_a_K

....No it didnt!

To quote Wikipedia...

Lolita (ロリータ・ファッション, ? roriita fasshon) is a fashion subculture in Japan that is primarily influenced by Victorian children’s clothing as well as costumes from the Rococo period. Lolita has made this into a unique fashion by adding gothic and original design elements to the look. From this, Lolita fashion has evolved into several different sub styles and has created a devoted subculture in Japan.

I really don't understand your logic. Lolita is not 100% European, the Japanese put their own special twist on it and then called it Lolita. For example, a style of Lolita, Gothic Lolita, mixes Gothic Japanese fashion with Lolita fashion. The Gothic Japanese style has origins from the English New Wave movement of the 1980's but over time it had evolved into its own unique style found only in Japan, courtesy to the Japanese people who helped it evolve.

This is just like what happened to Lolita. The Japanese took the original fashions from the Victorian/Rococo eras and adapted it, adding some unique Japanese twists into the style that is known today. Gothic Lolita was not taken from the Victorian/Rococo era, it developed in Japan, thus making it somewhat "Japanese". (The same goes for any other Lolita style.)

Guest xTwilight

You might as well say rap isn't black music, or any of the stuff you see black people in america doing/wearing, cause it most likely came from somewhere else.

Guest sianface

I've been accused of it but I think that's just because people don't understand the difference between being interested in Asian culture and wishing I was Asian. I don't wish I was Asian at all. Why? Because if I was actually Japanese or Korean I wouldn't find the culture anywhere near as interesting because it would just be "normal".

Guest marasshi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolicon

You have any facts supporting your claim, besides "well if I wear a hanbok, then it must be black!"

Even referring to the boring lolita novel would win some points, but no, you didn't even do that, but instead said wearing a hanbok.

But the novel Lolita was set in America. :x

Guest Yubumsuk

The ironic thing to me is that identifying oneself as 'Asian' is a very North American thing to do. Nobody who actually grew up and lives in Asia does that. They all identify themselvs by national / ethnic groups, not by global region. Calling a Korean, Filipino, Malaysian, and Cantonese 'Asian' when it comes to culture seems a bit like saying to an Irishman, Portuguese, Turk, and Russian 'Tell me about your European culture'.

Guest xTwilight

Cause that's the result of putting a bunch of different people in the same place and openly discriminating against them.

You're not american, you're asian-american.

You're not american, you're african-american. Even if you're not african, you're black, so you're african-american.

It's not like they mean any harm when they say it, so people wouldn't think it's racist at all.

But clearly all they're doing is supporting discrimination by creating it in the first place.

But the novel Lolita was set in America. :x

I know. Just saying she could've used it to support her "lolita = nowhere near japan" rant.

Archived