Wasians/Wannabe Asians.

Guest harako

Guest Inconnu

How come everything else is universal like hip hop, punk rock everything else, but as soon as people start dressing Japanese street style, watching anime, it totally belongs to asia?? I just want to know cuz I'm confused.

Youre just contradicting yourself right there. :lol:

When people start dressing JAPANESE STREET FASHION (like you just said) it

DOES belong in Asia. Why? Because even YOU said it ... it's 'JAPANESE' street

fashion. Everything in the world isn't original. Surely Japanese style probably

adopted from another culture but they change it in a way to make it their own.

So originally, its theirs because they modified it in a way so that they may call

it their own, "Japanese street style".

And anime is basically well known from Japan. --;;

Have you met anyone who thought Anime originated from Australia?

Never.

When you hear the word anime, people immediately tihnk of Japan.

Why? Because everyone here's influence from the media to believe

that Anime is made in Japan. --;; WE all know animes from

America cant compare to the ones in Japan. Haha...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest harako

How come everything else is universal like hip hop, punk rock everything else, but as soon as people start dressing Japanese street style, watching anime, it totally belongs to asia?? I just want to know cuz I'm confused.

Well, every country has their own "hip hop" or "punk rock" or whatever it is. The only difference is in the language. --;

There's nothing wrong if you like/dress Japanese street style. As long as you immediately don't think that dressing that way makes you Japanese.

Anime is from Japan. Some people say that "all anime look the same", and they have the same styles. You can distinguish anime from other kinds of cartoons. But whatever. Anime = animation. They're just CARTOONS, all the same. D:

Guest Tetra

And anime is basically well known from Japan. --;;

Have you met anyone who thought Anime originated from Australia?

Never.

ya....I've heard americans say how great they are because they produce anime :phew:

I remember I was in a convo on the net with a group of them, and I say america (and other countries) import it from japan, but they're like "OH YA THEN WHY IS IT IN ENGLISH YOU DUMBFAWK?"

It's pretty sad really considering how they talk about college stuff, which leads me to believe they're in college. Or at least in later years of high school.

Guest Childlike Faith

:D I don't know any non-Asians who wish they were Asians.

But I sure would be annoyed, and feel a little lucky at the same time, I suppose.

I only know Asians who're called Wasians because they're so white-washed. :D

But I know a lot of Asians who which they were another Asian race,

and pretend to be of the other Asian race all the time.

That's pretty annoying too.

Guest cmank

i don't find them irritating at all. i had a few white friends in the past that were able to fluently speak an asian language cuz they came from army bases. it was pretty fun actually. singing at a noraebang couldn't never have been more fun

Guest harako

i don't find them irritating at all. i had a few white friends in the past that were able to fluently speak an asian language cuz they came from army bases. it was pretty fun actually. singing at a noraebang couldn't never have been more fun

But they're not wannabe asian if they're just able to speak an asian language.

That's cool.

Guest internetwarfare

People that dont know me too well think I'm an asian wannabe because most of my best friends are asian, I make music with korean and japanese artists, and all my ex's have been asian.

But the good thing is that when I'm with my close friends we rarely ever talk about anything "asian". So there ya go.

Guest mangchilo

ya....I've heard americans say how great they are because they produce anime :phew:

I remember I was in a convo on the net with a group of them, and I say america (and other countries) import it from japan, but they're like "OH YA THEN WHY IS IT IN ENGLISH YOU DUMBFAWK?"

It's pretty sad really considering how they talk about college stuff, which leads me to believe they're in college. Or at least in later years of high school.

did they ever wonder why the voices are just as annoying as the actual Japanese ones and sound different from in non-anime American cartoons? um...i'm sure i have no idea...

trust me, don't come to the US for the cartoons. American tv isn't that great and the cartoons suck. OK, so I dislike Japanese cartoons just as much, but that doesn't mean American ones aren't bad too. :lol: Tetra, you may not always say the absolute brightest things but those people make you look like a rocket scientist.

i like the way Israeli tv subtitles everything (I think even including programs in Hebrew) instead of dubbing. apparently that's why some European countries speak better English than others, too--the ones where American movies are subtitled have more people who know decent English than the ones that dub like Germany does, I think. Where did I read that again? Can't remember.

Guest harako

The english dubs for anime are okay, but then it gets annoying when they have some virginal schoolgirl and they hire some girl with like a voice 10 octaves higher than a normal person to squeal and just kill audiences. :x

American cartoons are okay. The old classic ones. ._.

Guest SwtMsT

uh, anime today is definitely from Japan or Asia (at least the good anime).

But it's said to be inspired from what Walt Disney was doing way back around WWII and it took on an entirely different life of it's own.

I don't think one country or culture is totally independent of another's influence. They may be different at first, but there can be some common similarities. People need to stop being elitist, psh, but that's never gonna happen :lol:

-edit- oo...internetwarfare I have that problem too...my best friends are asian..so a lot of people think I just picked them b/c they were, but we've been friends since we were in 6th grade...it was never about them being asian, it just ended up that way and some of the culture rubbed off on me and It was kinda cool. We don't go and talk about "asian stuff" either...I guess some people just don't get it?

Guest BooJaex3

Wannabe asians are pathetic in a sense...

-____-;;. If someone intended for you to be Asian then you would've been

If not then...forget it...

The anime otaku's are the ones that bother me the most.

asldfkal;sdkjfalskdjf. Saying baka to everyone you meet doesn't make you asian. -____-;;.

Guest Tetra

i like the way Israeli tv subtitles everything (I think even including programs in Hebrew) instead of dubbing. apparently that's why some European countries speak better English than others, too--the ones where American movies are subtitled have more people who know decent English than the ones that dub like Germany does, I think. Where did I read that again? Can't remember.

I remember a joke about americans...americans dub everything cause they're too lazy to read...-_-

Guest XhoXho

I've been called 'very wannabee chinese" 'cause I say "Aiyaa" a lot. I just kinda picked it up from my best friend who is Chinese. Hahahaha.

But yea! I know what kind of people you mean! Though I actually get more annoyed by wannabee Japanese people in general. They just think Japanese culture is ALL That or something. They insist on having a Japanese e-mail/screenname/using Japanese everywhere (with, usually, a bad accent)/have things with Japanese letters JUST 'cause it has Japanese letters...<_<

Guest kkam jjak

haha that's too funny

Well, every country has their own "hip hop" or "punk rock" or whatever it is. The only difference is in the language. --;

There's nothing wrong if you like/dress Japanese street style. As long as you immediately don't think that dressing that way makes you Japanese.

Anime is from Japan. Some people say that "all anime look the same", and they have the same styles. You can distinguish anime from other kinds of cartoons. But whatever. Anime = animation. They're just CARTOONS, all the same. D:

Well Hip hop is from America, yet there can be different types of hip hop

but alot of things from asia only belong to them is what people are saying and I hate that crap.

Like people getting mad at all the asian remakes, yet k-pop spawns american music :rolleyes:

and look at cartoons like "Teen Titans" the animation is not considered anime only because it's from america.

Some people enjoy many things from other cultures.

People can love Mexican food even tho they are not mexican

People can love Reggae, who doesn't love the lay back music of Jamaica.

Asian Cinima, Hollywood has made so many remakes that its not even funny.

But when people go overboard and go ahead and deck them self out proclaiming that they are something they are not is just plain hysterical.

I mean just the other day I saw this white dude deck out with a Japanese flag bandana, anime shirt, Geta wear, and a Japanese hoe. I was like " that dude is so japanese :rolleyes: " and his hoe was definitely a CCB, who would want to be seen with a joke like that :lol: .

Guest CaoMei513

well i LOVE asian culture/music/languages, but i know that i am not asian, nor do i wish to be asian or even think i am. i like being white but i just love asian.

sorry if that makes me wasian. but hey, if i am, im ok with that.

Guest Inconnu

and look at cartoons like "Teen Titans" the animation is not considered anime only because it's from america.

Okay? So Anime is from Japan but there can be different

types of anime too depending on how you want to call it

and where youre from. Just like how hip hop is

supposedly 'from' America, it can also have different

style of hip-hop in other countries.

Teen Titans is from America, so alot of people wouldn't

consider it 'Anime' because its not from Japan so people

refer to it differently then what they call 'anime'.

Just like how hip hop is different in every other country.

Man, Im just using your own words against you ...

Archived