Wasians/Wannabe Asians.

Guest harako

Guest harako

what do you think of them?
I have friends that really don't like them because they're sometimes really annoying, no offense.

But then isn't it sad that they don't have pride in their own culture either? <_<

EDIT, again.:

To get things straight.

Just because someone likes anime, eats pocky, wants to learn Japanese or whatever asian language there is, or has an interest in the asian culture doesn't mean they're Wasian.

Wasians are non-asians who WISH and THINK that they are asian. And think so themself-- but probably would deny it when you ask them to their faces and continue their "oh-so-asian" lifestyle.

Anything asian = they wannabe there!

Anyone asian = they want to be their friends.

Chopsticks! = must eat with chopsticks because asians do.

Omg, must say "kawaii!", "sugoi!", "---desu yo!", "baka!", etc. instead of just "cute!" or "stupid!"

And all of the other annoying things they do to annoy ANYBODY. But see, most of what I just explained ^ were mostly about OTAKU.

Yes, the idea that there aren't only asians on Soompi is clear, and just for joining Soompi doesn't mean they're "wasian".

No offense.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been called wannabe korean before,

but whatever. i'm still asian. haha.

some of them are annoying as hell, you know, the ones that seriously THINK they're asian? the ones that are just fans of the culture are fine.

JUST THE ONES THAT ARE LIKE, "i swear i'm JAPANESE ON THE INSIIIIIIIIIIDE KONNEECHEEWAAAHH" those are annoying. jesus.

Guest harako

Lol. I knowww.

But then most of the wannabe asians I've seen come from the wannabe Japanese people who only like it because of anime.

._o Those are the real annoying ones.

Guest cyberfruit

I've been called Asianized and a "lemon oreo" because I used to be really into anime and I'm into Japanese music. I've never crossed that line into "otaku", thankfully. I don't think I'm Asianized, though; I personally think that I just have an interest in a culture different than my own and I don't see anything wrong with it. It's not like I've ever wished to be Asian (never have, never will, I'm happy the way I am) or I have more of an interest in an Asian culture than my own.

Guest knockblock

Lol. I knowww.

But then most of the wannabe asians I've seen come from the wannabe Japanese people who only like it because of anime.

._o Those are the real annoying ones.

Oh god do not remind me of those geeks.

Guest fionahh

Honestly, they are annoying. There was this caucasion girl, she started learning hindu from her friend which is great but she kept saying things to me in hindu -_-... lol she started fasting too 0.o

--er didn't notice that you mentioned specifically asian wanna bee's. my bad ;_;

HAHA, they're not that bad all the time though, only sometimes.

I WENT TO ANIME EXPO HAHA yougotta deal with a lot of them tehre.

they're fine, just the persistent ones that take it more than an interest in culture D:

Guest d4nnyb0i

there's nothing wrong with wasians... it's just that about 85% of the wasians that i have met have been REALLY annoying... so I'm somewhat biased in that regard

Guest harako

But the ones that practically worship any type of asian-- like spurting some random words in whatever language without knowing what it is. And they think that they're so big for doing so. <_<

Just the real "hardcore" ones that don't know anything I hate. -___-

Nothing wrong with being interested in another culture/language, but a certain person can be really annoying about it. Like saying he knows everything there is to know when he really doesn't.

Guest soupinmychickenoodle

wait...if you're already asian...does that make you a wannabe asian? O__o cuz I haven't really met any wannabe asians that aren't asian, unless an asian can be a wannabe asian...cuz then I've met a lot. haha.

Guest stellabella

More than half the members on this board fall under this category, I guarantee it.

It's annoying but what can you do. Let them have their interests for christ's sake.

Guest harako

wait...if you're already asian...does that make you a wannabe asian? O__o cuz I haven't really met any wannabe asians that aren't asian, unless an asian can be a wannabe asian...cuz then I've met a lot. haha.

Haha. I mean other people of different races that're non-asian wanting to be asian.

Guest ThaoIee*_*

what about asians that are mexican wannabees?

or other than asian culture?

that's annoying tooo....well...to some extent when they act like it

Guest EMPIRE

the only "wasians" i've met are the ones that hang around w/ the asian "gangsters"

i stay away from them but they're okay

More than half the members on this board fall under this category, I guarantee it.

It's annoying but what can you do. Let them have their interests for christ's sake.

really???

most of the non asians I've met on soompi just admire parts of asian culture, but don't try

to be asian.

Archived