♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

pegster said: Well the good thing with her getting a part in Avatar 2 is that she will kick off her Hollywood career with a definite blockbuster, and if they add her character in as one of the main characters, she'll be filming 3 movies in one go.
This means after this one major project, she can rest meet someone, get married and have kids, and her movies will still be releasing in theaters one after the other. =))
I definitely agree with her taking a minor part on a blockbuster movie over being the lead in some small production.  Let's be honest here, you want people to take notice of you at the start of your career, and not to forget you.

Libera said: pegster said: Well the good thing with her getting a part in Avatar 2 is that she will kick off her Hollywood career with a definite blockbuster, and if they add her character in as one of the main characters, she'll be filming 3 movies in one go.
This means after this one major project, she can rest meet someone, get married and have kids, and her movies will still be releasing in theaters one after the other. =))
I definitely agree with her taking a minor part on a blockbuster movie over being the lead in some small production.  Let's be honest here, you want people to take notice of you at the start of your career, and not to forget you.

Guest anhay59

If she will just accept a minor role, then I advise her to just stay in S. Korea and another drama with a popular hallyu male star.

IMO I dont mind HJW to be casted in a BIG production but a minor (not the main lead) decent role and can be seen in atleast 80% of the movie. I am pretty sure she can be noticed (aside from being a korean) she always try her best to excel as well. And yes I must add I hope they won't say that she is Japanese in the movie.
But even if it's not a BIG production like Avatar and may not do well in box office as long as it's critically-acclaimed movie then I am good with it. Although since it's 20th Century Fox then it should be big! LOL
but i really am excited to see her working with Americans. LOL I don't think she would do a romantic film right? Although there is a high chance that HJW have picked an action movie I just feel like most of Asians are typecasted to do action movies in hollywood and we all know HJW can do more than that. Right?

class="at_ttl"The History Of Ha Ji Won's Hollywood CourtshipHa Ji Won

Ha Ji Won met a Hollywood producer this week to talk about a possible future project but it's not the first time she has been to Hollywood.

According to her entertainment agency, Sun and Moon Entertainment, the actress had a recent meeting with Jeffrey Godsick, the director of Twentieth Century Fox.

"She had a meeting with Twentieth Century Fox, but we cannot disclose the details," a Sun and Moon Entertainment representative told Yonhap News. 

But this meeting is only the next small step in Hollywood's courtship of the k-drama and k-movie star. She's had Hollywood meetings before.

The actress already declined more than one Hollywood film offer to star in the 51-episode saeguk "Empress Ki." And that was a smart move as the drama led the ratings for the length of its duration.

Before beginning "Empress Ki" Ha Ji Won was already signed with a talent agency in Hollywood. Last summer she became the first female Korean star to sign with The United Talent Agency, the Hollywood agency that represents Johnny Depp, Ewan McGregor, James McAvoy, Celine Dion, Nicholas Hoult, Gwyneth Paltrow, Daniel Radcliffe, Uma Thurman and Channing Tatum.  According to Sun and Moon Entertainment she is the first female Korean star to sign with UTA.

One reason the actress is so appealing to Hollywood studios is that she does her own stunts, so she's a natural for the kinds of roles that Angelina Jolie has become famous for.

"My ideal female role model is someone who is not fragile," Ha Ji Won said. "I want to keep doing action scenes."

When she takes on a role, she also learns whatever she needs to make that role more realistic. And that includes learning martial arts training, learning to box, belly dancing or improving her tennis skills. She swims, lifts weights, scuba dives and has a motorcycle license. Her interest in doing her own action scenes began after she played a stunt double in "Secret Garden" and that interest has not diminished.

"I must have been a female warrior in a past life," she said.

Ha Ji Won did her own stunts without a double for the drama "King 2 Hearts" and the film "Sector 7." She rode horses in Empress Ki and did her own martial arts scenes. For the film "The Huntresses," she mastered the art of belly dancing.

Whatever Hollywood films were discussed this week, the actress cannot start any new projects right away as she is scheduled to begin filming "Chronicles of a Blood Merchant" in early June.

Source: kdramastars

Guest larabn

@the96butterfly
Exactly dear, I don't want her to be in an action movie for this same reason of being typecast in an action movie that has little sentences to say and more jumping to do with the hair twisting with a chopsticks before fighting :P That's what I see hollywood giving some other Asian actresses in Hollywood movies. No, then I'd rather she has a meaningful role, whatever it was the lead or not, what's important is she gets recognized for her good acting that this role will show ... fingers crossed for a good project whatever it is :)

English Translation for the article below :

" Quiz To Change The World"'s Cha Gwang Soo : " 하지원 Ha Ji Won is as refreshing and brisk like an fresh apple"

Actor Cha Gwang Soo that collaborated with actress Ha Ji Won in the hit-making drama "Empress Ki' highly complimented the actress by revealing that Ha Ji Won is still lively despite of the tedious 48-houred filming session while making an appearance in MBC's TV show "Quiz To Change The World" lately.

He continued, " I had actually asked (Ha Ji Won) about the secrets behind her great health and body state, and she told me to think positive and enjoy my work." The actor then said, " I heard that she went for medical check-ups at the hospital where she get amazing results, for her hair is aged 19 years old, whereas her skin is only aged merely 20 years old." ( Our eonnie is the BEST Dong-Ahn (means "baby-faced beauty" in Korean) indeed~! )

The programme host Kim Goo Ra then said jokingly, " Are you deifying Ha Ji Won right now?" Without hesitations, Cha replied, " Of course not. You would get to acknowledge that when you collaborate with her (Ha Ji Won). Albeit she is a junior, but still she is a great exemplary to me."

http://sportsworldi.segye.com/Articles/EntCulture/Article.asp?aid=20140504020432&subctg1=05&cid=1140050000000

Thanks to Alice InJiWonderland

Guest gingin09

I am very excited about her next film chronicles of the blood merchant..I don't know why but I feel that ha jung woo would make her shine brighter with this film....hehe..

andra30 said:
tieuyeunu said: Ever since I heard about her Hollywood debut I've been wishing she'll do a film with Leonardo DiCaprio, he's the same age as Joo Jin Mo and he's got a great resume under him.

I was hoping they'll do a movie together, part romance part action.

Here's how my plot goes...(i've thought about this for so long and wanted to write a fanfic about it but...got lazy.)

Guest loverangel10

Hi hi I don't think I've introduced myself. I'm new on this forum and liked ha ji won since secret garden although I did watch 100 days with mr arrogant before. She's my fav Korean actress!

For her Hollywood debut I'll like her to act in one of those marvel/dc comic movies like avengers, batman&superman etc which are guaranteed blockbusters, have action scenes and have sequels. I think that's a good start to her USA career :D

뛰어난 연기력 만큼이나 같이 일한 사람들은 모두가 칭찬하는 성품의 배우!책을 읽고 나서 ,,더 좋아져서 기념으로 싸인받으려 했는데~편지를 써주셨다.만날때마다 밝게 웃어주는 지원씨!눈도 맘도 별처럼 이뻐요!

Google translate: Outstanding performance as much as those who have worked with the personality of the actor is all praise! After reading the book, so to celebrate the better - write a letter to sign bateuryeo was given. Brighter smile every time we meet a support Mr.'s nice eyes and heart is like a star !

Collegamento permanente dell'immagine integrata
https://twitter.com/lovedarum

He will play Ha Ji Won son in the movie Chronicle of a Blood Merchant, he looks like he already loves her and also read her book  :x

Libera

said: 뛰어난 연기력 만큼이나 같이 일한 사람들은 모두가 칭찬하는 성품의 배우!책을 읽고 나서 ,,더 좋아져서 기념으로 싸인받으려 했는데~편지를 써주셨다.만날때마다 밝게 웃어주는 지원씨!눈도 맘도 별처럼 이뻐요!

Google translate: Outstanding performance as much as those who have worked with the personality of the actor is all praise! After reading the book, so to celebrate the better - write a letter to sign bateuryeo was given. Brighter smile every time we meet a support Mr.'s nice eyes and heart is like a star !

https://twitter.com/lovedarum

He will play Ha Ji Won son in the movie Chronicle of a Blood Merchant, he looks like he already loves her and also read her book  :x

Wow looks like her 'son' is really a fan of her's if he's even written a letter to him.
Can't wait to watch the movie!!
I wonder if they've cast younger male actors to act as the adult versions of their son, or they're not even bother going that far...

Guest larabn

@ferlycious
Thanks for the article about HJW's son in the movie..... So sweet that even this little cute boy can fall in love admiring HJW and her memoir and he read it too :) now I'm looking even more in BTS pics .... :) So, looking forward for this movie

Thanks all for everything :)