♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

id="watch-headline-title" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 19px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"Ha Ji Won - Smile

id="watch-headline-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 19px; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"[Fanvid] Ha Ji Won and Smile (1)

Ha Ji Won has the most beautiful smile!

id="watch-headline-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 19px; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"[ArirangTV] Showbiz Extra - Ha Ji Won "Smile Again"

I wonder who'll be her leading man? It's a love story right? Drama Gods, please let it be Song Joong Ki (I super love him in sageuks), or Won Bin (he's a God hehe), or Gong Yoo (hot hot item), or Lee Byung Hun (he's no. 1 along with HJW in a poll reg PDs choice for drama actors that bring success to dramas, or even Park Yoochun (I love him in SKKS). Kyaaa. Hey guys, who're your choices? There is no leading man yet right?

HA JI WON TO STAR IN HISTORICAL DRAMA AS QI EMPRESS

The MBC drama will be Playing Cards or Hanafuda (working title) and is scheduled for the second half of the year. It will be directed by Han Hee who directed Dr. Jin and Over The Rainbow and will be written by Jang Young Chul who wrote Giant and The History Of The Salaryman. And it will feature a beautiful love story.

Hanafuda are Japanese playing cards.

Source: JKSTARS.com

couch-kimchi.com/2013/05/13/ha-ji-won-to-star-in-historical-drama-as-qi-empress/

Guest minnie0103

I AM really happy! It's a very good news to start the new week. For the past few days, we discussed the idea/topic on how much we want to see her on dramaland again. And then WOW... now suddenly, our wish has just came true! Thank God! :D 

Guest jjsweeter0211

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS
Ha Ji-won returns to dramaland

by girlfriday | May 12, 2013 | 

HaJiWon3.jpg

MBC has a new drama in the works, and it’s a good news/good news/bad news kind of situation. Mathwise, that works out favorably, no? First, in the good column: Ha Ji-won(The King 2 Hearts, Secret Garden) is headlining as the leading lady. Score one point for Show. The drama will be a Goryeo-era sageuk about Yuan Empress Ki, called Hwatu. As in the card game? What a weird thing to call your drama. I saw the title and thought this was going to be the Tazza remake, but apparently it has nothing to do with that. (Whilehwatu means “flower” and “fighting,” they’re using the name of the card game as their working title.)

The drama is planning for a fall broadcast, following Moon Geun-young’s Goddess of Fire Jung-yi. It’s not surprising, since MBC has it practically set in stone that its Monday-Tuesday programming will be a rotating wheel of sageuk. The drama will be written by the team behind Giant, History of the Salaryman, and Incarnation of Money, so Show gets another point. They’re a good team, and can range from hysterically funny to epically epic, and everything in between. And then the bad news… directing is the PD of Dr. Jinand Personal Taste. I know. That’s like minus 3000 points. Who keeps giving this guy dramas to direct??

Ha Ji-won stars as Empress Ki, born in Goryeo and taken to be a concubine of the Yuan emperor. She eventually becomes empress and is a key figure during the time of King Gongmin’s coup against the Mongol state. (It’s the same timeline as Faith, and she’s the sister of Ki Chul.) The drama will be about her turbulent life story, from being taken to a foreign country to becoming empress, as she attempts to protect her pride and identity as a person from Goryeo, eventually falls in love, and makes political waves.

I like the idea, but with this director, I’m pretty sure you could take a hundred A-list ingredients and he’d still find a way to turn it into drama hodgepodge. Silver lining, anyone? I’m fresh out.

Hwatu follows Goddess of Fire, which puts its premiere in mid-October.

Via My Daily

Guest smoochysparks

I'm happy that Ha Ji-won would be casted in another drama but I would really like to see her with Gong Yoo in a modern ROM-COM type of series ^_^
Sorry guys, I'm just so obsessed with Gong Yoo to be paired up with Ha Ji-Won. I mean, Kang Dong-Won & Jo In-Sung had their chance acting with Ha Ji-Won why not Gong Yoo this time? ;-)

Ha Ji-Won Returns with MBC Drama "Hwatu" 

photo309029.jpg

Actress Ha Ji-won is coming back as an empress in the MBC drama "Hwatu".

According to MBC, "Hwatu" is a historical drama about Empress Gi who exists in real history.

Empress Gi is an attractive and wise empress from the Koryeo who was a great influence in the 37 years of the Yuan Dynasty which was a great empire dominated by Genghis Khan. She held onto her pride in a foreign land and she is also the first woman in Korean history to have fulfilled destined love and ideal political views.

"Hwatu" is going to portray the love story of the empress which has never been told before.

This drama is written by Jang Yeong-cheol and Jeong Kyeong-soon-I from "Giant", "Salaryman" and others and is directed by Han Heui from "Dr. JIN" and "Over the Rainbow - Drama".

Source: HanCinema

Guest minnie0103

Ha Ji Won to Play Empress in New Drama “Hwatu”

Ha-Ji-Won-e1368411671480.jpg

Ha Ji Won has been confirmed to star in the upcoming MBC drama “Hwatu.” She will be playing the role of Empress Ki, who is a real historical figure. The drama will be about the love and struggles of Empress Ki, who was born in Goryeo, Korea but lived in the Yuan empire and rose to the position of empress. “Hwatu” will portray Empress Ki as a smart and influential figure that struggled to uphold Goryeo pride in a foreign land and balance love and politics.

The drama will be led by director Han Hee, who also helmed “Doctor Jin.” The drama will be written by the writer duo Jang Young Chul and Jang Kyung Soon,who also wrote “Giant” and “History of the Salaryman.”

“Hwatu” is expected to premier in the latter half of this year.

Source: soompi

Guest cydl08

(disappointed)
ive been wanting to see That Woman act as a normal person in our time.because she already have huntress (sageuk) this year.
but still I'm happy that she's coming back in drama! 
partner? Hyun Bin please!!!!!!!  or jang dong gun or koo soo.

YEESSSSS!!!!!! This is such good news!
@pie, @minnie and all the rest of the ladies here......the Gods have finally answered all our wishes!
I am not familiar with Empress Qi but so far the idea of the drama seems to be interesting...and it describes a beautiful love story. Maybe a happy ending ?>>>
@jjsweeter...I had fun reading your post. I thought the writers mentioned seemed to be quite impressive from the previous works mentioned. I was just getting curious about why the drama Dr. Jin had a not so favorable review when I read your post ~haha. So this is the part where we need to worry?
@smoochysparks...I admire your perseverance....Gong Yoo it is! ~haha. Whoever it will be, i hope a strong male lead will be casted to balance out our worries :-)
@piiiieeeee......it was only yesterday when you were moved at the video I posted. Am soooooo happy we have something to look forward to this year....keep them coming!

Guest yawzers

Oooooooooohhhhhhh myyyyyyyyy god! Yes yes yes a sageuk drama my wish came true. I'm so excited my heart is skipping hehe
Thank you for sharing the news.