CURRENT DRAMAS - Random Kimchi Comments

Heavenly Kimchi

My Girl: just fell in love with the whole show! Lee Da Hae & Lee Dong Wook are really really good in here!

Lovers: watched 4 episodes & i like what i've seen so far.

Lovers In Paris: this was what got me hooked to k dramas. typical fairytale princess story, but don't we all love such stories? ;)

Lovers In Prague: i liked this! i think it was kinda underrated. Jeon Do Yeon acted really well in here!

Good Kimchi

Goong: cute show. but took me 2 times before i finally finished the whole show. needs some getting used to.

Bad Kimchi

Summer Scent: only liked the songs in there. storyline was soooooo slow! couldn't take it!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest asianromance

Heavenly Kimchi:

Bad Family [completed]- a family-oriented comedy without the crazy romance melodrama. Wonderful script and acting! Even the little girl was a great actress [a lot of kids’ acting in dramas seem a bit cardboard-ish at times]! And it made me cry more than once out of being so happy for the characters.

My Girl [completed]- Awesome acting, script, and soundtrack! And I love how it takes place in the city! =D I don’t think My Girl needs to be elaborated on further!

Bright Girl's Success [15/16--ahh i still need the last episode!!]- I know this is an old drama but I had started watching it this year. Another drama that made me tear up a bit [most of the time because i'm so happy for the characters] and Jang Nara and Jang Hyuk's acting was incredible. secondary characters were wonderful too! awesome awesome script!

Good Kimchi

Couple of Fantasy [8/10 episodes watched]- It’s a good drama when compared with other dramas but it’s not up to par with the Hong sisters other works. The acting is only ok [though improving] and the soundtrack isn’t that great. But it’s got a really funny, fast-paced script. There are a lot of twists and turns that only the Hong sisters could come up with.

What’s Up Fox [5/10 episodes watched]- Awesome [and witty] script and soundtrack. The main character isn’t my type of heroine but I respect and understand her. Her insecurities are very real and make her a character than can easily be identified with. Having only watched 5 episodes, the main guy isn’t really my taste and have only fallen in love with that doctor [but I hear that my feelings will change for chul soo after I get through the drama].

Goong [completed] - Great soundtrack and acting from Yoon Eun Hye [who sucked in the first couple of episodes but improved by the end] and the veteran actors. The set was beyond amazing. Great eye-candy not only in the actors but in the buildings and hanboks. The script was well-written but uneven- it was slow in some parts and fast in others [and the first episode didn’t even have much music. Just one tune!]. Shin’s acting is still deplorable, even though he had improved.

okay kimchi

Fireworks [completed]-The first couple of episodes were awesome and addictive and then the scriptwriters went schizo. It’s a great and really entertainiing watch if you’re watching it without many breaks and don’t allow yourself enough time to think about how each episode fits [or doesn’t fit] into the plot or why Park Eun Hye wasted so much screentime. Kang Ji Hwan, Han Chae Young, and a great soundtrack were the saving factors for this drama.

18 vs. 29 [14/16]- Great acting but slow script and annoying main characters, who seem to misunderstand each other all the time. I only watch it now for the sister, brother, and the flashbacks [which were so cute and well-done!].

Dating Now [8?/16]- I know this is an old drama but i started watching it this year. Loved the first couple of episodes and though Chae Rim and her relationships were mad funny. But then it got a bit repetitive. The script wasn't too bad- just repetitive and I thought Chae Rim's character was a bit annoying at times. The saving grace for this drama was how it demonstrates the characters growing up and Kwon Sang Woo and the nerdy friend's relationship. after the first couple of episodes, i watched it for them.

i hope someone could also rate the current dramas like "90 days,time for love", snow queen, and lovers

thanks so much!!

and i wanna add too...

Couple of Fantasy- GREAT KIMCHI!!!

~ i really love the scenes, they are hilarious. hong sisters are really incredible, though it wasnt as heavenly as my girl.. i think this drama got its own thing goin..:)

Guest LoH_Ter

Fantasy couple (Great KimChi)- funny and lighthearted, with loveable characters XD.

What's Up Fox (Good Kimchi)- often funny, with an adorable male lead. Not as entertaining as Fantasy Couple, though, and far from heavenly kimchi status.

Guest miimisunshine

C=Completed

Heavenly Kimchi: Top rated dramas, amazing in everysense.

© Bizarre Bunch/Peculiar Man Peculiar Woman: it was always #1 when it aired in Korea and i loved it

©Goong: i don't know one person( personally) that doesn't like this drama.

Good Kimchi: Overall good production drama.

©My Lovely Sam Soon: i thought it had a good moral to the story and i was laughing alot

©Sassy Girl Chunhyang: even though it was adapted from a old story i enjoyed watching it

Okay Kimchi: Sometimes good sometimes bad. Okay drama.

Which Star are you From:i was on and off with this drama. i like the leading actors it was interesing at some point and at others not soo much.

©Sweet Spy: I love Nam Sang Mi but the acting of Dennis kind of turned me away from this drama but i finished it.

©Only You: i only watched it bcuz i am a fan of han chae young but it was okay and other times normal.

Bad Kimchi: Not enjoyable drama.

Green Rose: i only watched it sincemy cousin said it was good but i wasnlt into i only watched the first and second episodes.

Mr. Goodbye: the other guy that liked Young In was hot! but i got annoyed bu Lee bo YOung

Smelly Kimchi: Really bad drama.

rules of love: it was boring..

Guest carleli

(In no particular order)

HEAVENLY KIMCHI:

1. My Name is Kim Sam Soon

2. Invisible Man Choi Jang Soo

3. Dae Jang Geum

GOOD KIMCHI

1. Hwang Jini (still watching)

2. Bad Family

3. My Girl

OKAY KIMCHI

1. Pure 19 (still watching)

2. The Infamous Chill Sisters (still watching)

3. Goong

4. Attic Cat

BAD/SMELLY KIMCHI

so far, I haven't seen any drama that falls in these categories... well except Sad Sonata ... although I like Kwon Sang Woo, I didn't like this drama

Have a nice day! B)

Guest atreyu112

So far

Heavenly Kimchi

1) fashion 70s

- i adore this drama, actors and OST

2) Successful story of brightgirl

- this drama always make me smile and laugh

3) My name is kim sam soon

- excellent!!!!!

Great Kimchi

1) 90 days time for love (melodrama) - watched up to 2 epis..

- good scripts

- excellent potrayal of roles by both leading actress and actor

- development of charaters - good..

- very sad drama..

2) Fantasy couple (comedy) - watched up to 2 epis

- so far so GOOD!!

- funny, good selection of actor and actress

3) Bad family

- everything is good in this drama..

- different type of drama - not really focussing of love between couples but love of a family

Bad kimchi

1) Smile again

- boring

Guest javabeans

So my ratings are a mix of (1) How much I liked a series, and (2) How good I think it is, objectively.

(Edited to add comments as I've seen more episodes of a couple.)

HEAVENLY KIMCHI

Soulmate. My current all-time favorite kdrama. It's billed as "sitcom" but it's not really one. More like "dramedy," like Ally McBeal or Ugly Betty. Fantastic soundtrack that you'll be itching to play and replay, really funny, witty with tons of wordplay, mature and risque at times. It explores a nonlinear structure (not everything's chronological) in a way that kdramas have not done. I'll watch anything this director does in the future. Lovely series, and I recommend to all. Great if you want something that feels a bit "different" -- it's like a breath of fresh air.

Bad Family. An overlooked, underrated drama. The large and varied family has so many different interactions that there's a richness to the relationships. Very funny, yet also poignant and moving. Acting is great, characters are great, and you really see them grow and change over the course of the 16 episodes. Highly recommended!

Delightful Girl Choon Hyang. My favorite Hong Sisters drama. Great mix of drama and comedy, and two great leads (especially Jae Hee of the many facial expressions). But on top of the writing and acting, I also think it had a really clever, stylish director who made the series really entertaining and energetic. I remember watching the first episode and being really struck with how great the editing and directing was, and I almost never notice that.

GREAT KIMCHI

My Name Is Kim Sam Soon. I know, this one's incredibly well-known and sometimes accused of being overrated, but for me it deserves the attention. I enjoyed it AND got a lot of out of it... Usually dramas are fun entertainment, but MNIKSS actually had themes and things to say about life, but without being preachy. Funny and well-acted.

My Girl. The only reason I didn't put it in the heavenly category is, although I loved the series, it was perhaps not exactly deep or meaningful. It was just very, very, very fun. Lee Da Hae and Lee Dong Wook are really well-suited to each other and adorable to watch. The pace is brisk, never lags, and this is one drama you can probably zip through in a weekend.

What's Up, Fox?. Go Hyun Jung is just such a good actress, and the series treats sex in a frank and straightforward way that's funny and refreshing.

Fantasy Couple. This may not be the most meaningful series, but it's so winning that I'm enjoying the hell out of it. It's not as good as My Girl or DGCH, but the Hong sisters still have their trademark cheeky humor and silliness, and they're not taking themselves overly seriously. They like poking fun at their own medium, and the actors pull off the goofiness well. Plus, eye candy benefit: Han Ye Seul and Oh Ji Ho are gorgeous.

FAIR KIMCHI

Lovers (currently watching, almost done). This series starts out upbeat and funny and I was really into it. The leads are great, Kim Jung Eun is witty and Lee Seo Jin charismatic. However, halfway through I started getting bored of the melodrama and it lost its clever edge and went over into draggy territory. I also started disliking the characters for being wishy-washy. I'm going to finish the series but probably with a lot of fast-forwarding.

Goong. Lovely sets, beautiful costumes, wonderful soundtrack.... but sluggish writing and bland acting. This one didn't keep my interest episode to episode, and I didn't feel compelled to finish watching quickly. I think this much more interesting in concept than in actual practice. I actually enjoyed the political intrigue and plotting sometimes more than the love triangle/rectangle repetitive dance because the romances got predictable.

Full House. For me, this is overrated despite being enjoyable. It started out great, and has a lot of funny parts. Actually, if I'd only seen the first half I would have loved it. But the second half dragged, and the romance that should have developed between the leads seemed stuck in junior high school. Which is fine in the beginning, but it becomes juvenile when they can't progress past that point. So, the love story felt unreal rather than romantic.

BAD/STINKY KIMCHI

Only You. Bleh. Couldn't sit through some of the episodes toward the end and had to fast-forward. I'd just watched DGCH and my interest in Han Chae Young drove me to this series, but it was not even in the same ballpark.

Guest cocopop

mm for me, in no particular order

HEAVENLY KIMCHI

1. My Girl (completed)

OMG every single minute of it was worth it. totally adore LDH and LDW. the script and acting was just excellent. just absolutely ENTERTAINING. i've seen it like a kazillion times and just cant get bored of it!

2. My Name Is Kim Sam Soon ( 5 episodes)

it's awesome so far. hyun bin is sucha cutie. ahaha very funny show

GOOD KIMCHI

1. Super Rookie ( 14 episodes)

it's a good show. has some funny moments and script was well done.

2. Wonderful Life (completed)

ahh i dont know why people dont like this drama. i reckon it was great. nice and well paced drama about family. love kim jae won. shinbi and eugene was awesome too.

3. Great Inheritance (11 episodes)

Same comment as a above; i dont understand why people dont like this. It's a nice show. the kids are just soo cute. ahaha kim jae won is just tooo fine =]. i like han ji min. she's so pretty. the story is rather different. not souly focused on love (romantic love) but more about different knid of love. ahah kinda vague but yes =]

OKAY KIMCHI

1. Sweet Spy (15 episodes)

i watched it cos i thought it'd be interesting cos most drama's i've seen are romantic comedies. this one was ok. ahah i was fully rooting for nam sang mi and chief kang but dang! doesnt happen. the story is alright. has some good parts and some bad.

BAD KIMCHI

1. Goong (8 episodes)

the first 2 or 3 episodes were good but it started to go down hill. i can't stand watching YEH act. sorry to all the fans. i really dont understand why it got so much hype, even more than My Girl :crazy: . In my personal opinion of what i've seen so far the drama is just to slow and draggy and the actors actresses are =\. I mean i understand that they're new and all but still. Find it getting rather boring now.

Guest babymarzy07

HEAVENLY KIMCHI:

-my girl

-alone in love

-kim sam soon

-lovers in prague

GOOD KIMCHI:

-PURE 19/SOONJUNG(currently watching)

- 7 princesses(currerntly watching)

- Lovers(ep4)

- Choon Yang(complete)

-Fantasy Couple (ep8)

BAD KIMCHI

il get back to you

-sad sonata is what comes to mind right now

Guest yeohweping

I'm rather picky and tend to skip eps. as my attention spans for any drama is very short unless they are really good ones. And yes, it got worse with tons of new drama news surrounding me. :P

Well, here goes my Kimchis :D

Heavenly Kimchi

Hello, Franceska Season 1&2 (completed)

Well, before bad family was aired or broadcasted.. There was already a late night sitcom which has the same theme and was getting rave reviews in Korea. Who would have thought that an unrelated vampire family would be living together with an unlucky, normal man when one of them bit him to save his life. Forced to stay together with them with hope of returning to be a human when their leader comes for them, Du Lee the unlucky man and these vampires began to form into a family as days goes by. It maybe funny to laughing at the vampires who had never been too in contact with the outside but at the end of each eps, you will find yourselves thinking and tearing at the simple values of life which we have always overlooked. At the end of the road when one of the family member dies, some of them will carrying on staying together while the others will chose to leave and leads another type of life but all of them will still gather once a year with their own memories of the dearly loved departed.

Very GOOD KIMCHI

All about Eve

Remember the old good days where Korean dramas were first being introduced to the world viewers. All of us who watched it before will always remember the "competition" between the good Chae Rim and the bad Kim So Yun. And of course as Jang Dong Gun's last drama before he started only staying in the movie world.

None of the newer generation script ever came close to this drama which can be seen repeatingly over again.

Autumn in my heart

First in the KBS season dramas and first in creating a heatbreaking stir in the viewers eyes. The best all time tearjerker which made stars out of Song Hye Gyo, Song Seung Hun, Won Bin and then child star, Moon Geun Young.

GOOD KIMCHI

01. My Girl

02. Soulmate

03. Bad family

04. Hwang JinYi

05. Rivals

06. My love, patzi

07. Present

08. Be strong, Geum Soon

09. Sweet 18

Nice KIMCHI

01. Goong

02. Sang Doo, go to school

03. Immediately up, immediately down

04. Kim Sam Soon

05. And others..

Stale KIMCHI

Too much dramas that I want to bash :sweatingbullets:

Guest tengteng

A love to kill

Heavenly Kimchi.

Seriously.

I'm not kidding.

Even though I'm not sure how kimchi tastes like.

Jung Ji Hoon[bi] acted very well in this drama.

I thought this should be the work that best represents him instead of full house.

Though the ending was a bit...sucky.

I'm repeating the drama again.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest a_lot_dumb

Gonna rant. Hope u don't mind.

HEAVENLY KIMCHI:

Hwangjini. I LOVE IT. I'M SO ADDICTED TO IT. HAJIWON SO GOOD!!

Lovers In Prague. Nearly bought the series. Wish i did, but up on youtube, so that's ok.

Resurrection: excellent casting, unique and wonderfully planned out storyline. The bad guys were WOAH. Serious drama.

Jumong: GREAT DRAMA! I love the history etc but I missed like a whole front section so yeh...

GOOD/GREAT KIMCHI:

Nakhasan dunno what it's called, but Eric came out... it's ok. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. Funny at some bits.

Full House: Some bits were boring, all they did was fight. Kinda like how Park Myung Soo and Ji Sang Ryul fights. And im sorry... but why the hell is there a big deal over that gom saemari thing.. I friggen had to dance to that song in playgroup when i was six n i dunno what so great about bi dancing to it..

BAD KIMCHI:

What star etc. Omg. The storyline's so weird and retarded it's like she came off an island or something. And all she ever did was cry her head off all the time it's a wonder how Raewonnie and Ryuwon got together in the end. I dunno.

Sweet Spy: omg Dennis Oh/O'Neil. "I'm a Spy!! You can't call emergency cos I'm a SPY!!" OMG MAN I KNO UR A FRIGGEN SPY. He speaks English in that self-conscious way it annoys the crap outta me. DW, MAN. SUBTITLES AT THE BOTTOM, and don't SHOUT. Everyone in Korea watching u can hear u. Girl was cute, nice. But the storyline and Dennis O'Jungbanhap made me stop watching it. Good potential.. to be smelly kimchi.

CRAP/SMELLY KIMCHI: None yet. Thank God.

• 2 weeks later...

The most heavenly kimchi of 2006 (aka my favorite dramas of the year)

KBS

- Goodbye Solo

- Hwang Jini

MBC

- Jumong

- Special of My Life

- What's Up Fox

SBS

- Alone In Love

- Bad Family

OCN

- Someday -> my #1 drama of 2006

Less heavenly, but very tasty kimchi

KBS: Dae Jo Young, Special Crime Scene Investigation

MBC: Dr. KKaeng, Rude Women

SBS: Please Come Back Soon Ae, Snowflake

Haven't watched personally but heard on numerous accounts from trustworthy people it's good: KBS Inivisible Man Choi Jang Soo, MBC Couple of Fantasy

The smelliest kimchi of 2006 (aka the worst dramas of the year)

KBS

- Cloud Stairway

- Great Inheritance

- Spring Waltz

MBC

- Fireworks

- I Really Really Like You

- One Fine Day

- Over the Rainbow

- What Star Are You From

SBS

- Invincible Parachute Agent

- Smile Again

- Stranger Than Heaven

Guest Rainie

The bold ones are from 2006 btw.

Heavenly Kimchi

My Girl - The BEST drama of all time...watched this when it came out, and it's is definitely my favourite drama. For those who haven't watched this yet, I highly recommend it! ^^

Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang - As you can see, I love the Hong sister dramas...this one was the first one I watched, and I loved it to pieces.

Lovers - I'm on episode 18 now, and it's just soooooo good...I'm in love with the leads except for YJ...but ugh...it's a really heartwrenching drama...and I'm definitely addicted right now.

Good Kimchi

Fantasy Couple - I really enjoyed this drama, it was extremely funny, and I liked everything about it, even the simple ending.

Full House - Again, I enjoyed this drama, but I have found better choices after a couple of years, lol *points to My Girl*

My Name is Kim Sam Soon - Loved the beginning :)

What's Up, Fox? - Again, I enjoyed the beginning.

Snow White - Very cheesy drama, but still liked it. ^^

The Vineyard Man - An underrated drama, but nonetheless, it's worth watching. :D

Lovers in Paris - Loved everything except the end...and the middle sort of dragged a tiny bit.

Hardtack Teacher, Star Candy - Really liked the drama, it wasn't just about love between the main couples, it was cheesy but sweet.

18 vs. 29 - Very good, I liked the plot even though it was weird. I definitely liked the cute little flashbacks in every episode.

Okay Kimchi

Goong - It had nice sets and good looking actors/actresses, but it dragged a lot.

Bad Family - I didn't finish this, and watched a couple episodes in bits and pieces...cuz in some parts, I got really frustrated.

I'm Sorry I Love You AKA MISA - Again, frustration. lol...and it just got worse when his mother didn't find out who he was.

A Love to Kill AKA IJUKSA - Didn't like the plot. Again, I was frustrated with the storyline, haha.

Snow Queen - Have yet to watch the last episode, but it dragged quite a bit in the middle.

Spring Waltz - Liked it even though it did drag.

Sweet 18 - Not bad, but it was sort of too...exaggerated for me.

Fashion 70s - Definitely worth watching, but it wasn't exactly my type of drama.

Stairway to Heaven - Okay, not bad, didn't like what happened near the end...dragged in parts.

Heaven's Tree - Not exactly a fan, but I know a lot of people liked it.

Love Story in Harvard - Couldn't finish it because it got too boring.

My Sister in Law is 19 - Not bad, I didn't like the ending though. I did enjoy the beginning though :)

Let's Go to the Beach - Again, an okay drama...the acting was okay, but not the plot.

A Bright Girl's Success Story - Good drama overall...but dragged a tiny bit.

Bad Kimchi

Wonderful Life - Plot didn't convince me, didn't finish it.

Over the Rainbow - Didn't like the acting nor the plot, and so I couldn't force myself to finish it.

One Fine Day - Couldn't finish it...at all. I think I watched till episode 7 or 8.

Smile Again - Good beginning, but yeah...enough said.

The Sweet Spy - It wasn't a great one and I couldn't stand Dennis O's acting at all...it might have been good for the Koreans who understand little English...but the English was clearly forced out. I couldn't finish it either, because the plot was silly.

Autumn in My Heart - I didn't like it...too much of a drag in the middle and end.

My Love Patzzi - Old drama, but it was too short and basically a lack of plot and character development.

Smelly Kimchi

Only You - Couldn't go on with it after episode 6 I think...it bored me to sleep.

Fireworks - Good beginning again, but....-____-...the middle was really bad.

The Invisible Parachute Agent - Good potential in the beginnning, but went downhill from there...couldn't finish it cuz it was too frustrating to watch.

Cloud Stairway - Bad...the plot was really bad...the love didn't convince me at all.

The Prince's First Love - O boy...the acting is unbearable, and I didn't like the plot, at all.

1% of Anything - Couldn't finish it and it was one of those extremely long dramas...it was just too boring.

Tale Of the Nine Tailed Fox - Not my piece of cake.

Ireland - I'm warning you, don't watch it.

I will be back to edit once I think of more dramas, lol. I've watched more, but just don't remember them.

Guest ripgal

i actually started off with a bunch of dramas until i saw the word "current dramas" ..^_^

okay, here's my preference of dramas of Year 2006 (dramas which i have watched)

Heavenly Kimchi

My Girl (completed) - this might not be everyone's favourite. Some might feel that LDH has over-exaggerated her expressions or has acted over the top. but to me, watching LDH as YR was part of the fun. I know the plot's unrealistic and isn't a projection of realism in anyway, but that's what My Girl was for, to target those who need to escape from the harshness of reality. And this was what My Girl did to me. It's one of my cure when i feel down or sad. I have seen this drama countless times.. (well actually i can count.. maybe 9 times?) and still i am not over with it.. this can make me laugh and laugh and laugh non-stop.

Lovers (completed) - this one is my favourite after My Girl. The acting, flow of the storyline plus the commendable and witty dialogue injected into this script/series are just amazing. It's quite a typical love story - guy has a GF but falls for another girl and they yearn so much to be together yet cannot be due to opposing moral obligations and social perceptions. But the director/writer is very smart in arranging the sequence and flow of the storyline, and also inserting serious yet witty in a way dialogues. and another PLUS POINT, Lee Seo Jin and Kim Jung Eun have amazing chemistry and you can count on this, i was captivated from the 1st ep and i have never looked back. It's definitely one of the best i have seen since My Girl.

Great Kimchi

Jumong (15/80) - i know it's a bit too early to judge since i have only seen 15 eps out of the mass of 80 eps! (this is scary :crazy:). But i totally love what i am watching now. I love how the story doesn't focus on romance and instead emphasises more on the character development of Jumong. Tho i am not that convinced of Han Hye Jin's portrayal of Seosono yet, the others characters in the series are great. Especially the actor who played Hae Mo Su and the actress playing Yoo Hwa, Jumong's parents. I have to credit the writer(i am not sure whether THERE is a writer for this, or did they follow the original myth) for making this period/ancient drama so intriguing and interesting, not so much on the romance, but on the built-up and development of the characters themselves. (potentially becoming Heavenly Kimchi)

Oh Dal Ja's Spring (4/16) - The series has just started..but i loved it from the first ep! Chae Rim's comeback's definitely worth it. Her portrayal of Dal Ja, the silly day dreaming woman - aspiring to meet her prince charming is just as convincing as LDH in My Girl. Very lovable and adorable..another plus point would be Lee Min Ki. Such a young actor playing mature and intelligent role. I have never really seen such a calm and patient male leading role. He speaks with so much of politeness and maturity despite his 6 years gap with Chae Rim in the drama who is a total opposite of his character. The supporting characters equally exude their own attraction and trust me, you will have a good laugh watching this =)

Good Kimchi

All Completed

What's Up Fox - This series was just great fun to me.. in fact i love it more that MNIKSS. Go Hyun Jeong and Chun Jung Myung just strike a hilarious chord together despite the age gap.

Bad Family - another good drama focusing on family. honestly, i wasn't expecting much when i first started. But the whole family attachment thingy kept me going on.. and you'll just laugh non-stop with KMM as Oh Dal Gun :lol:

Fantasy Couple - another good one from the Hong Sisters. seriously, they can't get any better in writing scripts huh? :P

Totally underestimated Han Ye Seul and Oh Ji Ho in this, they did incredibly exceptionally well. Especially Han Ye Seul, can anyone play Sang Shil as convincing as her? A not so likeable character but you will not hate her. In fact you will love the fact that she's not the typical goody goody type girl and is loved by everyone. It's not as addicting as My Girl, but definitely one of the laughable dramas out there. Altho again, the series might not seem realistic, but you can't just help but sit in front of the TV and continue watching it.

In between Good and Okay Kimchi

Queen of the Game - The beginning was great because the revenge plot theme was interesting to me. But it got boring towards the middle when Lee Bo Young's character cried most of the time. However, the series picked up its pace and i am back into it again. Obviously the after a few years plot worked here for me. And plus there's a very cute lil kid that'd make you continue watching if you're considering of giving up.

Goong - was quite good actually. i wouldn't say it's bad since i have once experienced a temporary-period craze over this. It was quite boring in the beginning but it became better in the middle but then again it dragged towards the end. Chemistry wasn't all the sizzling or great but i did see improvement as the series progressed. BUt the setting, costumes and OST were very good.. i enjoyed listening to the songs..

Okay Kimchi

All Completed

Hwang Jin Yi - again, the beginning was not so captivating. Besides the lil gurl (whom i think has mass acting potential) who portrayed the younger Jin Yi, i didn't feel so much from all the other characters and also the storyline. I had expected more emphasis on Jin Yi's life as a dancer/gisaeng but i think it failed me cos most of the time, the series focused on her love life. Nevertheless, OST was quite good.. and surprisingly Jang Geun Seuk did a great job as Eun Ho. Other characters such as Baek Mu and Jin Yi's mother were equally great as well.

Over the Rainbow - i guessed i liked this because it's sort of a projection of reality in the entertainment circle and i am kinda interested in this. Overall, the dancing bit was quite enjoyable and i thought the acting was quite good. (considering that most of them are newbies)

Goong S (2/20) - The series has just started. I admit i was a bit overhyped before I had started. But i ended up feeling okay about it and wasn't really impressed. Se7en's okay for a newcomer but the other casts still need some brushing up with their acting skills. Till now I am still not very convinced of the fast paced plot and the character potrayals. But then again, it's only the beginning.. will still have to continue watching.

Bad Kimchi

Great Inheritance[(uncompleted) - okay..i stopped at ep 12 i think. I can't even remember where i had stopped. gosh..:crazy:

Invisible Parachute Agent (Completed) - okay i admit it, i finished this because of Eric. and i am kinda shallow when it comes to HOT guys. mind me, but half the time watching this, i was thinking what the heck's happening. the writers wanted to make the whole secret agency thingy seem mysterious and interesting, but it totally failed on me. Well at least it was a show with an eye-candy worth licking..

Cloud Stairway (uncompleted) - i don't know but i think this is my worst drama of the year. Ep 1 was quite good...but then the whole love story revolving Han Ji Hye and Shin Dong Wook's characters wasn't at all convincing. And Shin Dong Wook needs to brush up on his acting. Han Ji Hye was very pretty here tho..;)

- there are some which i have watched and didn't continue..

Snow Queen - okay the beginning was quite captivating and i loved HB's portrayal of TW, but then after ep 5, i started to get bored. didn't continue after that..

90 days to fall in love - sorry not my type... just didn't captivate me as much as the other series.

UPDATE SO FAR:

Snow Queen- mediocre bordering on stale kimchee

Not much can be said for this drama, love the OST, had high hopes considering that Go Do Shim (and she never fails in picking out good scripts) but seriously it lacks in many many aspects. The character development is very typical and not fulfilling and the script is very weak.

Someday- FABULOUS LOVELY HEAVENLY KIMCHEE

I absolutely adored this drama and the character development along with the script was perfectly right. I had reservations about KMJ's casting along with the the casting of the Seok Man character but both have defied my expectations. It makes you think and this along with Alone in Love are fast becoming my all time favorite dramas. I have to say that you truly see a difference in preproduction dramas and hope this will become the norm in the industry. The best part of this drama i think is the subtlety of it all and the narration at the end of the drama are actually profound.

Hwang Jini- Ok kimchee

Truly a very lush and beautiful drama in terms of its cinematography, ost, costumes and the dances. Im not too crazy about the development of the storyline and had my trepidations of the casting of the male actors (which btw i think i was right on the money about) but the female cast was amazing. There is definitely something lacking in terms of capturing my interest (the plot for one) but overall its ok

90 days falling in love- ok bordering on stale

Too much waterworks for me without any true meaning to it or at least restaes the cliche of life. I was hoping for more but i think the script was weak.

What is up fox- good kimchee

Funny funny funny but i felt as though that it dropped somewhere along the middle episodes with the script and turn typical.

Lovers- Great kimchee

the dialogue is so witty and love the acting so far by all 3 leads. Im hoping for a fabulous ending to round everything up so ill add more to this review later on.

EDIT-

White Tower- fabulous kimchee and if everything develops properly- can soon be stupendous

i love it so far, ambition on top of smart doctors make my day and the script so far is great. Actually half way through this drama, and it has not failed in my expectations of what it could actually develop into. Very realistic in terms of the human heart and its greed and desire to succeed and be better than one another.

Dalr Ja's Spring- great kimchee so far potential to be fabulous

EDIT- this is an absolutely wonderful drama so far, very addictive and so incredibly clever, the dialogue is very much up to date with the slang in korea (which i even had difficulty picking up because i dont live there) but seriously, very very good

Surgeon Bong Dal Hee- ehh, ok so far, definite grey's anatomy rip off and i dont care what anyone says about it to refute it. The main character is annoying at times and too much of overacting for my taste. Love the medical terms though, and Lee Bum Soo. I must say im very disappointed in KMJ's role here. Very much of a let down after his fabulous portrayal in Someday

• 2 weeks later...

For recent productions

Great Kimchi: nicely paced, not overly melodramatic, funny

- Bad Family

- Fantasy Couple

Good Kimchi:

- My Girl (early episodes are hilarious)

- Goong (sets and songs are the best, acting and pace are kind of bleh)

Okay Kimchi:

- Smile Again (I managed to finish this one surprisingly, which can't be said for What's Up Fox, Invincible Parachute Agent, Great Inheritance, One Fine Day, Cloud Stairways, Fireworks and a host of others). It has some stories to tell... and Swiss landscape helps too.

Archived