Mascara for Asian Eye Types?

Guest Milica

Guest athenachen

I would definitely say that the following mascaras have worked amazingly for me:

Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara

FairyDrops Scandal Queen

any of the Majolica Majorca mascaras

Deja Vu Fiberwig Mascara

I've heard good things about Bourjois mascaras and they're pretty popular in Taiwan.

I recently bought the Volume Clubbing one but haven't had the chance to try it out yet :)

Guest alisonwonderland

i don't understand how the shape of your eyes determines the mascara. since mascara is just used on the lashes rather than anywhere else that has to do with the shape of your eyes. 

Different mascaras have different strengths--even the brush matters. As a person with monolids, eye shape definitely affects the type of mascara I use--you know, since my lids (and attached lashes, which are straight) actually fold in. My sister has double lids and naturally curled lashes, so she just uses whatever she wants, it doesn't make a difference. But finding a good mascara for me has been pretty much impossible--wet formulas automatically uncurl my lashes, which makes them heavy/droopy (worse than not having any mascara). 

Urban Decays' Supercurl mascara is decent. Not amazing, but decent. It comes in the Book of Shadow IV, if you're planning to get that.

Guest mao.mao.

My theory is use asian products if you're asian. Makes sense because those products are targeted for problems that most asians have.

So, the mascaras I use are:

Deja Vu Fiberwig

Fairydrops

I've used non asian brands before (like lancome and dior) and they were horrible. Too much smudging, not enough lengthening, and it was heavy and looked unnatural.

just wanted to let you know i also tried maybelline illlegal length waterproof mascara in blackest black. :) it's really good! holds a curl well for my stick straight lashes! i still think heroine make long + curl mascara is better but maybelline is cheaper and comes pretty darn close when it comes to holding a curl :)

Guest jdrewprx

Lancome is literally the best type of mascara I have ever used.

The drama one, and hypnosis is amazing. 

I've also recently tried drugstore make up and I find the Max Factor Falsh Lash one in Purple was affordable and added a lot of volume.

I've used Dior as well, but it's not good if you have sensitive eyes cause they don't stay on very long. wacko.gif

Hope that helped. rolleyes.gif

Archived