50 Things You Learn From a Korean Drama

Guest darkanqelxp

Guest toomuchsmiling

i think i commented on this thread once before a LONG time ago. I've seen so many more dramas since and i can't TELL you enough how TRUE it is. LOL.

-staring off into space...O_O.....................................for a long time............

-cell phones and pulling out the battery. <_< tho now they are using more iphones..? so i saw a little less of this..

-u easily faint and when the VERY wise doctor comes and says that (NO you don't need meds or surgery) but lots of REST/SLEEP to get better. =___= Meanwhile the person who called the doctor nearly died of worry themselves when all the person needed was SLEEP to get better.

-Poor girl is an angel with lots of sassiness though <_<

New Ones?

-HUGS ARE A BIG DEAL o_O (should be on the list) lol

-Girl NEVER chooses the guy who liked her since the beginning who is NICE and perfect and KIND in everyway, but always chooses the jerk who treated her badly and then eventually changed to liking her too. kyaaaaaahh

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest akito&agito

I read this a really long time ago and it cracked me up. Reading it now was no different. It's so true, fun and just nice to notice now a days. :D

• 1 month later...

I just learned some new things

In korea whenever you get sick, you enter a near death stage in which you are in coma and cant walk/talk and you are unconcious but after 12 hours you are completely healed.

That Best friend of yours of that oposite sex that has friendzoned you and rejected your advance. Will start to fall in love with you once you get a new love

Guest houseoftalentsydney

OMG! this is funny, yet true. u made me realized things. i'm still laughing while typing this.

Thanks! u made my day! :D:D:D

Guest -Kai-1430290422

1) Hot, rich, younger men love fat, older vulgar women.

2) If you have a best guy friend, he is in love with you. And secretly you are too

4) Brothers/cousin/uncles-newphews will always love the same girl

5) You're allowed to make u-turns wherever you want in Korea. And there is never traffic on the side you want to u-turn to.

6) There is a super quick payment device that allows you to pay a bill quickly enough for a guy to run immediately out of a restaurant after his angry girlfriend storms out.

13) If you're poor, you're an angel.

19) You will always call your boyfriend by his job title. Or simply sunbaenim. Never his name. Never. He doesn't have one.

21) You go to America you come back miraculously successful. You go to England you come back amazingly fashionable. You stay in Korea the only thing that changes is your hairstyle.

27) If you're saving someone from being hit from a car, you'll push them out of the way and wait for the car to hit you instead.

32) If you're getting off a plane, you're ALWAYS wearing sunglasses. ALWAYS

34) Girls will always storm off because they're mad and the guy will stoically grab them by the arm and swing them back- and by magic, not dislocate their shoulders.

42) A guy will always get the right size ring, even if you're never held hands

^

you kinda forgrt something else

- if his girlfriend or the one he love in a trouble he always there and know where exactly she is and save her even if he's in another country LOL

hahaahahahahahha i always wonder why they call me a " Drama Queen " laugh.gif

that was reallly funny but so trueee loool

• 1 month later...
Guest sorcy79au

A classic one I'm finding in alot of dramas...

The protagonist's father will have money issues and have debt collector's chasing him but he'll disappear and the protagonist will then have to try to pay off the father's debt...

omg how many dramas have I seen this in? :crazy:

Guest babyxshh

8) You always order orange juice or coffee at a cafe. And you never drink it. EVER.< they drink almost as much as soju

HAHA, or you if you order water, you use it to throw it into another person's face.

Guest kettlecorn

Haha, so hilarious! A few things on the list are maybe due to misunderstandings about Korean culture/language.

For instance, the one everyone always wonders about: why people in k-dramas always turn off their phones by taking out the battery isn't actually that ridiculous. In Korea there used to be a lot of phones that could only be turned off by taking out the battery! Mystery Solved. It doesn't happen as often in dramas these days because so many people own smartphones now. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Rero Ana

2) If you have a best guy friend, he is in love with you. And secretly you are too.
This is what all kdrama about 

5) You're allowed to make u-turns wherever you want in Korea. And there is never traffic on the side you want to u-turn to.
it is like no one is in Korea at that moment 
6) There is a super quick payment device that allows you to pay a bill quickly enough for a guy to run immediately out of a restaurant after his angry girlfriend storms out.
i am always wondering about that how they do it

7) Everyone has cancer.
true story
18) You always order orange juice or coffee at a cafe. And you never drink it. EVER.< they drink almost as much as soju
i just end Nail Shop Paris they always order orange juice and open coffee can and they never touch it again especially ALEX 

Guest HERMIT

Rero Ana said: 5) You're allowed to make u-turns wherever you want in Korea. And there is never traffic on the side you want to u-turn to.
it is like no one is in Korea at that moment 

• 6 months later...
Guest sulthanah

I came here because of The King 2 Hearts. It did not happen to this drama. Indeed. Thats why I like The king 2 Hearts too much.

• 2 weeks later...

What I've always noticed in K-drama is that they are not aware of their sorroundings. There are always someone evesdropping their conversations.

Archived