[Drama 2012] BIG 빅

the girl who!

Hi..I always here reading all your post and this is my first time posting here..

actually what is KJ sees MR?? in earlier episode they show us MR is like a stalker to KJ....after that they give us the flashback scene where MR sleeping beside him and he even look at MR ( I don't know what the meaning of his eyes) and tap..tap his head...after that when MR had something in her eyes at the playground..KJ still come to her and show his consent...yeah..maybe we can say KJ sees MR as his sister..

but in this new episode..when MR's Dad want to propose to KJ's mum...we can understand why MR oppose that marriage..(cuz he love KJ)..but why KJ also want the same??  if he sees MR as he sister he will agree with that marriage...

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Hanachio

i´m with the last coments... KJ hasn´t got love feeling for  Mari! Anything!! :/
 I have no idea if DR is going to end with KJ or YJ ( I change my opinion every episode haha) but  the best finale for Mari would be a cute and crazy relationship with DR´s brother  hahaha Theyare perfect together!

Guest badmarkz

@toma_sis kyung joon didn't (and doesn't) like ma ri, i think. he just didn't like the fact that his mom was going to re-married to another man, so he set up a plan with ma ri to keep their parents away at the proposal night so the marriage won't happen. but instead, his mom died at the very same night.
regardless, i think he'll never see ma ri as a potential lover. he's been known ma ri for several years already, if at this point he doesn't feel anything yet towards ma ri, then i doubt it'll change at all.

I'm not sure how many spoilers are ahead so read at your own discretion!

I read Koala's post  http://koalasplayground.com/2012/06/26/koala-drops-a-theory-on-the-big-soul-swap-mystery/ and I think parts of it make a very legitimate theory in the scheme of things - speaking outside of the world of Big, I have absolute faith in the Hong Sisters and I know they wouldn't pick the cliche and overused bodyswap storyline unless they changed up major components of the story. 
Back into the world of the drama, I don't think the endgame is as simple as DaRan choosing between Kyung Joong or Yoon Jae. All the subtle buildup - the importance of June 24th to Yoon Jae and his mum, the Miracle story saying that "one child saves the other so the other can save another" and the relationship between Yoon Jae's parents and Kyung Joon point to something bigger than just the stock standard female lead choosing between the first and second male lead.
I also wonder who and what the 2nd "save" involves - here's where I disagree with Koala. The way I see it, Yoon Jae saving Kyung Joon was the first part of the Miracle story and by doing so, Yoon Jae sets up the opportunity for Kyung Joon to save someone else - he would have died if not for Yoon Jae. I thought of donor siblings as well when the parents came into the story but that doesn't make sense because Kyung Joon had his own mum (so I'm guessing YJ and KJ have the same father).
Anyway, I just hope something epic happens with Kyung Joon and Yoon Jae next ep because I agree, the show is on the verge of pushing too far with the little moments between DaRan and Kyung Joon - they are great and all important to set up the chemistry but I don't know if we needed 8 episodes of it. But again, Hong sister drama's always pick up in the latter half both thematically and ratings wise so I can't wait for the rest of the ride.

Guest efesun

After watching this weeks episodes, me and my sister have the following theory:

Seo Yoon Jae might have  had leukemia when he was a child. In cases like these parents often decide to have another child, to save the sick child (bone marrow transplant). So what I’m saying is, that YJ’s father had a child with another woman, Kyung Joon‘ mother, to save YJ. That is also why Kyung Joon’s birthday is so important to all of them. We believe that YJ’s mom couldn’t have another child (maybe due to her physical condition) They might have given KJ’s mom money in exchange for having the baby, which she used to open a restaurant of her own.

When Se Young asked about the book, YJ‘s mom said, that „one child saves another child, and that child saves the other child“ (I can’t remember her exact words…).  So basically, Kyung Joon saved Yoon Jae (bone marrow transplant) and Yoon Jae saved Kyung Joon after the accident.

We also believe, that this is he reason why YJ is a doctor treating child cancer patients. He used to have cancer, when he was a child.

We haven't read all posts, so we don't know if someone had the same idea :)

Guest shiverbaby

I have a question about KJ's mom death ... The robbers shot her said "hey you" is it a setup ? Was it someone hired them to kill her!?

Guest ayumikoshiro

I had the same idea after watching the end of Ep. 08. Kyung Joon mentioned that he wanted to be a Dr. in order to look over his own body. Maybe Dr. Seo felt the same way after his life was saved as a child. He was planning to fly to LA where KJ lived on the 24th, so maybe they were finally going to all meet up. Maybe he was even going to take him into his house since he wanted to move to Seoul. The mom kept saying you'll remember "that day". Maybe it's why he was hesitating about his marriage. Hey I suddenly have to take care of a 17 yr old kid. Might come off weird to Da Ran. The father wouldn't know about the death until later since they really don't keep in touch. They probably share some parts of a heart or something because they both "love" the same woman and you love with your heart.

I think the parents' relationship is a hint to the viewers that yes a teacher and student can fall in love and live happily ever after. They are ready and willing to go the student/teacher route and people need to wrap their heads around that. 19 and 24 isn't really that big of an age gap. they'll probably be college/post grad student status by the time they do get together.

I like her with KyungJoon even if it's only because everyone thought they had no chemistry together before. If he comes back I hope she starts missing Kyung Joon's open playfulness that Dr. Seo doesn't have. I'm ok with him getting with Dr. Lady now that I have a feeling he wasn't getting with her before, but maybe she had a 1 sided love for a little too long.

After watching this weeks episodes, me and my sister have the following theory:

Seo Yoon Jae might have  had leukemia when he was a child. In cases like these parents often decide to have another child, to save the sick child (bone marrow transplant). So what I’m saying is, that YJ’s father had a child with another woman, Kyung Joon‘ mother, to save YJ. That is also why Kyung Joon’s birthday is so important to all of them. We believe that YJ’s mom couldn’t have another child (maybe due to her physical condition) They might have given KJ’s mom money in exchange for having the baby, which she used to open a restaurant of her own.

When Se Young asked about the book, YJ‘s mom said, that „one child saves another child, and that child saves the other child“ (I can’t remember her exact words…).  So basically, Kyung Joon saved Yoon Jae (bone marrow transplant) and Yoon Jae saved Kyung Joon after the accident.

We also believe, that this is he reason why YJ is a doctor treating child cancer patients. He used to have cancer, when he was a child.

We haven't read all posts, so we don't know if someone had the same idea :)

I've been reading some of the theories that people are having regarding Yj and Kj and I'm thoroughly impressed by those ideas. However, I just wanted add some of my own thoughts.

I have found it very interesting that people are thinking that KJ saved YJ when they were babies and now because of the accident YJ saved KJ. I don't agree with this because I don't think YJ's debt to KJ is over (if YJ does owe KJ from when they were kids). I'm don't know about when they were little, but KJ saved YJ in the accident equally as much as YJ saved KJ. I know that YJ swam to "save" KJ in the water-but KJ returned the favor immediately. If you all recall, YJ's body had been pronounced dead- if KJ (even if it was not voluntary) had not given his body to YJ, YJ would be dead right now. And actually, this idea has JUST given me a thought- what if YJ is already dead and KJ's body is the only thing that's "alive". What if the eyes fluttering and KJ being able to go back is only him returning to his own body. What if there was only 1 soul inhabiting both bodies?  This might be crazy-but to me it would make sense; and they could actually use this to have KJ choose between his own body and YJ's body-now if this theory were true, then YJ would have ultimately saved KJ.

Guest anaapenas

I've been reading some of the theories that people are having regarding Yj and Kj and I'm thoroughly impressed by those ideas. However, I just wanted add some of my own thoughts.

I have found it very interesting that people are thinking that KJ saved YJ when they were babies and now because of the accident YJ saved KJ. I don't agree with this because I don't think YJ's debt to KJ is over (if YJ does owe KJ from when they were kids). I'm don't know about when they were little, but KJ saved YJ in the accident equally as much as YJ saved KJ. I know that YJ swam to "save" KJ in the water-but KJ returned the favor immediately. If you all recall, YJ's body had been pronounced dead- if KJ (even if it was not voluntary) had not given his body to YJ, YJ would be dead right now. And actually, this idea has JUST given me a thought- what if YJ is already dead and KJ's body is the only thing that's "alive". What if the eyes fluttering and KJ being able to go back is only him returning to his own body. What if there was only 1 soul inhabiting both bodies?  This might be crazy-but to me it would make sense; and they could actually use this to have KJ choose between his own body and YJ's body-now if this theory were true, then YJ would have ultimately saved KJ.

Guest Heart.And.Soul

For those who shipping KJ/MR, did I miss something? I think KJ LOVES DR and sees MR as his sister. This will never change ;). DR is also starting to develop feelings for KJ. Actually I thought I should give up on these two but because I remembered My GF is a Gumiho, I think the pace is right. Dae Woong also started to have feelings for MiHo in ep 8. So I am rest assured ;)

I really want to see ep 9 now :)

Guest boraah

So, I guess it's okay for DR to fall in love with KJ while YJ is still in a coma with no way of trying to win her back. Not to mention she kinda fell out of love of YJ because of a misunderstanding in which he can not defend. 

i'm slightly confused about this drama.. i thought KJ lived with her YJ's mom for a year.. how come he did not know anything/learned/discovered anything yet.. and what's with the '624'? have they solved what it is about already? did I miss something? :( 

honestly i don't know why some people are questioning why other ship KJ and Mari, let them ship for whatever reasons they ship, them liking this couple doesn’t interfere you in liking yours or the way the drama will play out, seeing that it's all up to the hong sisters to write what is going to happen and every person has the right to interpret how things are and in that way ship who they think has the best chemistry and history.

with that said, i think that KJ never had romantic feelings towards Mari, but that doesn’t mean that he dislikes or hates her, far from it, you can see that he likes her and truly cares about her and about Mari’s stalking ways, the way i see it she was always very infatuated with him and they were best friends and had a sincere friendship, otherwise KJ would never be around her, we know that, and i think that the stalking and the somewhat obsession begun after he started to ignore her and the stalking was the way she found to still be close to him. again this is how i interpreted things and i may be wrong.

shipping wise, this is the first drama i don't ship any couples at all, i see KJ romantic feelings for Daran and Daran’s feeling for YJ and Mari’s for KJ and Choong Shik for Mari’s but i don't root for any of possible couple, i'm not against them either. however this drama i don't see it as a romantic drama, but as a coming of age drama, that talks about KJ growing up and maturing as well Daran finding herself and being more confident about herself. And the others characters, such as Mari, discovering themselves and learning their value i think that romance will happen, but i don't think that there will be an end game, i feel like that the three main character (KJ, YJ and Daran) characters will go different ways.

Guest soompigalz

SHOCK!! Didnt expect that they will actually make DR married KJae. Not that i dont like it, coz this will for sure bring more thrill n conflict to the story, but im worried for both heart.T_T
On a brighter note, cant wait to watch their "fake" newlywed life, i bet u KJae must be in heaven by then:))

And ChoongSik, Nuna LOVE LOVE LOVE U  V.MUCH. He n KJoon would make a cute bro in-law.

Archived