[Drama 2012] BIG 빅

the girl who!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sarangwo

Lol....the difference is that Gong Yoo did not play so many jokes on Yoo Eun Hye ...he is more like a caring  oppa to Yoo Eun Hye. But to Lee Min Jung, he acted like a naughty "Hyung"

:)

) Somehow he treated LMJ like a buddy and both of them act like little kids.  :)Did you see how LMJ beat GY at the wedding flower throwing scene? They must have been in friendly terms prior to Big since if GY was only a sunbae, he might have behaved in a more rigid manner.  I don't think it's through mind bridge CF though since they didn't interact much in the cf shooting.

2012062408597733061.jpg

Suzy looks so cute with her curly unruly hair. :\">

It just dawns on me that maybe Mari is trying to change into DR for YJ's liking? She already tried to shop for same brand clothes DR's wearing in the previous episode.

I believe that Mari's finding about YJ/KJ soul swapping will not simply a trigger for DR/KJ love line. Most importantly, it means that Mari has to grow up and find her own path. Mari basically acted like DR towards YJ i her idolization of YJ. The entire universe of Mari is defined by YJ and she refused to go to school since she has to take care of YJ in the hospital--out of her love, tinged with guilt, for YJ. The same as DR one year ago. DR didn't want to pass the teacher's qualification exam because in her mind YJ comes first. Now it's Mari's journey to enter adulthood and learn responsibility and the premise of love, that is, to love thyself.

What's interesting is that from episode 6, I did not have the feeling that DR mistakes KJ for YJ. Yes. It is saddening that she still treats KJ like a kid, but the truth of the fact is, YJ is still a kid in many regards. Cramming the knowledge in your brain does not mean maturity. And yet, KJ is mature in many other aspects, especially through his experience of loneliness and abandonment, and his unaffected love for DR. I think the "punchline" for Big is not only that finally DR falls in love with KJ regardless of difference in age and status. Rather, DR will fall in love with KJ in his most vulnerable, even childish, state, just like how KJ always embraces the blindness and frailty of DR. KJ tries to change into a different person to bridge the cap between DR and KJ. But deep in my heart, somehow I have the feeling that DR already cares for that "Uh oh" kid called KJ and she just does not know all her concerns have been geared towards the well-being of KJ in the most minute matter, including protecting a 19 years old KJ from the temptation from SY.

I don't feel like DR is clueless. In fact, it is such a pleasant change to see her blind "love" of YJ for the purpose of getting married in episode 1 to her genuine concern unconditional "love" for KJ. Yes, it is not the cute bickering chemistry as KJ and Mari, but that's what I like about Big. Anyone who've even been a relationship knows that "love" is multifaceted. Love is more than sexual tension or romantic longing. It can be like teacher-student kind of initiation or familial type of kindness  and care. In fact, Big will probably end up to be my favorite Hong sisters' drama (knock on the wood). Dear drama god, please do not let Big become another Kdrama cliche!!

Guest anaapenas

Another lovely MV of Big

by lonekitty5

I wish someone could make a fanvid of MaRi and Choong Sik. I was re-watching the last episode and in that scene when they are at the store buying sneakers she seemed really happy with him. She is obsessed with KJ but I think the one she truly likes is CS.  :x

Archived