Guest Azura

Repost from bhjwlove.com

Thanks to Ping

9th Avenue CF

http://www.9th-avenue.com/index.jsp

Screen cap from the website and the flash. :P:lol::w00t:

avenue3-1.jpg

avenue7.jpgavenue8.jpgavenue9.jpg

WOWWWW!! shock_hair_rise.gif .....GOSH!!! Thanks!!! Ching ...you are simply the best in cheering us up. Gomapsnida!cheergal.gif

Advertisement for 9th Avenue…..staring the BD couple….Awesome and truly inspiring picture to start our mid-week manic days and with months of tight-lipped silence on JW’s next project, this is what we need as our booster. 36_3_4.gif

As always, she never failed to lift up her status as a stunning, beautiful, classy model be it walking on the red carpet, on stage, acting or let's put it this way.... as soon as steps out from any where …..she’s already an attention-grabber. 36_19_3.gif

She’s looking absolutely drop-dead gorgeously eye-catching in the long black halter revealing a sexy shoulder and of course, the flawless bare back. 1.gifWonder whether LBH was openly or silently drooling over JW ~~ anyway, they are one of the most seen-off-screen couples to appear together in a drama, movie, concerts, KNTO-CF and now another CF…..Way to Go!! 36_1_11.gif

Well, Felicia Soh, the version I watched I got it from yesasia US version :D The bathroom scene in this version show the mother scrubbed her naked son’s back :sweatingbullets: I could see DW's butt... :w00t:

I think this scene was cut for showing in Asia coz it was too much for Asian ppl's feeling to see such a weird relationship between mother and son like this movie. I could say I felt very scary :crazy: when I was watching this scene...same as Su-jin was shocked B)

It's shamed that you didn't see the most scary scene of this movie. ;)

Viola…I hit the jack-pot…so my guess was correct (his mum scrubbing his back) but his butt was exposed…OMG! Would I be cringing in embarrassment or drooling over Dong-Woo’s naked-butt...... 36_11_1.gif

I am glad they did include the bathroom scene but unfortunately in order to conform to rules or rather sensitivity due to religion or custom values, I have to settle without getting a chance to see his expose….. sigh.gif

I guessed anyone watching the bathroom scene would have been shocked and I hope it will not scare you off in thinking all "mother-in-laws" are like Dong-Woo's omma. Take it easy..... sadly, she is just too obsessed and suffered from a bad case of delusion. :(

Thanks wrblee for revealing out the un-cut scene. :D

Thanks Ching for leading us to 9th Heaven... 36_22_25.gifposter_oops.gif....Avenue....and I guess Beary Bear must have been thinking of 9th Avenue, NYC!! Aigooo.....missing our dear chingu, BB! sad2.gif

Pretty impressive high-rise building plus high-tech profile too and I guess the advertisers are banking on high returns since these two BIG NAMES are pretty expensive investment too!! 36_11_1.gif

Thanks wrblee for revealing out the un-cut scene. :D

ํYour welcome Felicia :P Just feel shamed that you didn't see this one!!

Anyway, here is our Jiwoohime lasted pix

Got it from cindycho, bhjwlove.

What's the event Jiwoo attend? Pls tell, I'm not quite clear about the news....

20061101175807.601.0.gif

Update of Jiwoo’s whereabouts.

On the afternoon of 30th October, Jiwoo attended the preview of Jo Han Sun’s new movie “HOT BLOODED MALE”.

29105348803000720818354302614426371.jpg

Thanks to roger @ bhjwlove.com

Anyway, here is our Jiwoohime lasted pix

Got it from cindycho, bhjwlove.

What's the event Jiwoo attend? Pls tell, I'm not quite clear about the news....

20061101175807.601.0.gif

wrblee, this is the breif translation of the news.

2006 November 1st (Wed) 17:58 citizen daily reports

http://news.media.daum.net/culture/art/200.../v14569541.html

On 31st 8:00 p.m. (local time) Jiwoo was at the Osaka NHK hall for the foundation opening of Japan CGN T.V. This occasion is to mark the nationwide commencement broadcasting of the 24 hour missionary work via the satellite.

Jiwoo said, “I have visited Japan many times as an actress. This is the first time I meet everyone as a Christian. My greatest wealth is the love of God.”

Thanks to cindycho @ bhjwlove.com

Guest Beary Bear

Repost from bhjwlove.com

Thanks to Ping

9th Avenue CF

Screen cap from the website and the flash. :P:lol::w00t:

avenue1.jpg

Thanks, Ching. The BD couple remains my all time favorite pairing, and Lee Byung-Hun is my favorite among all of CJW's male co-stars.....they make a beautiful couple. That's my own opinion :D:ph34r::P

Thanks Ching for leading us to 9th Heaven... 36_22_25.gifposter_oops.gif....Avenue....and I guess Beary Bear must have been thinking of 9th Avenue, NYC!! Aigooo.....missing our dear chingu, BB! sad2.gif

Pretty impressive high-rise building plus high-tech profile too and I guess the advertisers are banking on high returns since these two BIG NAMES are pretty expensive investment too!! 36_11_1.gif

:lol::lol::lol: You are so right, Felicia. I would have thought 9th Avenue was talking about NYC instead of Seoul.

So sorry for being MIA everyone. My work load has been tight lately and my colleagues and I are going on consecutive overseas assignments. Not that we want to complain, we'll never pass the chance to travel.

I wish I could contribute more to this thread. Hopefully, the year end holidays will mean my work slows down....just a little bit :P

On 31st 8:00 p.m. (local time) Jiwoo was at the Osaka NHK hall for the foundation opening of Japan CGN T.V. This occasion is to mark the nationwide commencement broadcasting of the 24 hour missionary work via the satellite.

Jiwoo said, “I have visited Japan many times as an actress. This is the first time I meet everyone as a Christian. My greatest wealth is the love of God.”

Despite the pressures and competition at work, it's always gratifying to see people find their peace through their respective religious beliefs.

It's interesting to see missionary work channels taking off in Japan.

Thanks Ching for the translations.

Take care all......I'll see you around!!!

On the afternoon of 30th October, Jiwoo attended the preview of Jo Han Sun’s new movie “HOT BLOODED MALE”.

29105348803000720818354302614426371.jpg

Thanks, Hyc for all the updates and pics of CJW .... So, JW attended JHS's movie premiere .... saw his pic, JHS looked so mature and different with his short hair and spotted beard!!

And JW has said it well and said it all ...... her 1st time attending "missionary work program" and meeting everyone not as an actor but as a Christian. Wow! - her greatest wealth is the love of God!! God bless her and may she always abide in His Love ~~~~~ :wub:

๋Just wanna tell you that Finally me and 7875 Got Jiwoo Travel Diary in my hands :D today!!

Though it cost a lot (highest cost that I've ever paid for actor/actress :blush: ) so it took me time to make decision but when I got it...I think it's worth for paying ka :D

๋Just wanna tell you that Finally me and 7875 Got Jiwoo Travel Diary in my hands :D today!!

Here is some of Jiwoo pix which rarely to seen or never seen as me.. :P

02112006026.jpg

Though it cost a lot (highest cost that I've ever paid for actor/actress :blush: ) so it took me time to make decision but when I got it...I think it's worth for paying ka :D

Wow! wrblee, you got Jiwoo hime's travel diary album!! :lol: Yep! I agree! It's worth having it though the DVD and photobook is pricy .... How come I did not see this pic?! Some fans have said there's another album which has different pics, perhaps this is the one that you have bought ~~~~ :rolleyes:

Wow! wrblee, you got Jiwoo hime's travel diary album!! :lol: Yep! I agree! It's worth having it though the DVD and photobook is pricy .... How come I did not see this pic?! Some fans have said there's another album which has different pics, perhaps this is the one that you have bought ~~~~ :rolleyes:

Really there is another version? wow...it might be coz before I bought it, I thought it wouldn't have Sub English but Japanese only. But this version it got English subtitle which make this package perfect!! coz I can know what's Jiwoo ssi say....

THE HOLE aka OLGAMI

kor-olgami_the_hole.jpg

Cast

Choi Ji-Woo as Han Su-Jin (daughter in law – DIL)

Park Yong-Woo as Lee Dong-Woo

Yun So-Jeong – Jin-Sook / Dong-Woo’s Omoni (DWO) aka the mother in law (MIL)

Director

Kim Sung-Hong

Script Writer

Yeo Hye-Yeong

Genre

Suspense and thriller

Traumatic / Psychological Thriller (my own version)

Year of Release

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A foolish thought......

I was a late-comer in Soompi and when I read about my “sunbae” referring to Olgami, I concluded that the word “ogami?” …… was a Japanese word?? Of course I was wrong, a different syllable, spelt as oLgami and sincerely, I thought “the Hole” and “Olgami” was two different movies. Aigooo jinjai pabohya… Before venturing into this movie, I had read some good comments in this thread, courtesy of dear members who had shared their brief accounts with me. I’ve watched glimpses of Choi Ji-Woo performance in one of the releases on CJW-documentaries and since it was all narrated in Korean language, I never really understood her euphoric feelings when she talked about that movie. Of course, no commentaries on this movie would be complete without thanking my dearest chingu, Beary Bear. You made it possible for me to watch this great movie. Gamsahamnida chingu for your kindness.

Acknowledgement of Ji-Woo’s Accomplishment in "The Hole"

Choi Ji-Woo received a highly acclaimed achievement when she bagged not one but two awards for this thriller and suspense movie, The Hole, Prize of New Actress at Baeksang Art Award/Gold Prize and New Actress at 21st Golden Photography Award. Somehow I prefer to call it a traumatic / psychological thriller. In an anticipation to watch how CJW delivered a character never-been-seen-before (for my case), I raised my hopes so high…as if I have been deprived of watching her in entirely non-related-melodramatic genre roles. This feeling excites me …….

Are you afraid of your hubby’s mother.....?

Now, are you prepared to witness the most terrifying, fiery, manipulative, tempestuous, inexplicable, uncompromising and eccentric mother in law? **big sigh** was it too elaborative to describe Dong-Woo’s Omoni?? You’ll probably understand why I chose to focus her with a string of marathon-adjective. Anyway, if you think your mother-in-law is one of the most difficult or uncompromising woman you have ever met trust me, you have not been exposed to the WORST kind. Watch this movie and you’ll probably appreciate your MIL. Dong-Woo’s Omoni is not an ordinary mother-in-law, you’d shudder by looking or speaking to her and each confrontation mounted your nervous system with tension and stress, let alone living or even crouching under the same roof. Nightmare befalls the nerve-racking daughter-in-law…….

MINOR SPOILERS

Synopsis

As odd as it may sound, this story line touches on few movies that I had watched before….and I don’t know why I kept linking "The Hole" with “Fatal Attraction” and “Failure to Launch” of which was non-related and I vaguely remember related scenes of few movies which I can't recall the movie title. When I watched "You, Me and Dupree", I thought of aahh….“Three is a crowd” but then this movie was based on a comedy and romance script. Perhaps, I’ve been too laid back on catching up with movie-dome.

The storyline deals with three major role characters and they are related to each other, the mother played by Yun So-Jeong, the son played by Park Yong-Woo as Dong-Woo and an additional family member, played by Choi Ji-Woo as Su-Jin, the daughter-in-law. As in any society, mother-in-law has always been branded as someone manipulative and uncompromising, more so if she values traditional and customary practices and filial piety is paramount to them.

As you may notice, I refer to the character of mother-in-law as Dong-Woo’s Omoni rather than Jin-Sook. To me, Jin-Sook sound so distance whereas addressing her as Dong-Woo’s Omoni draw me closer to her character.

But what compels me to throw in my two cents’ worth is how differently the writer penetrates our mind with untold grandmother tales of how this one-of-a-kind mother-in-law who doesn’t have any qualms about doing something most people in her shoes would have a moral issue with and that makes her frightening……absolutely death-wish MIL.

In "The Hole", Dong-Woo’s character is every mother’s dream of an ideal son-in-law but I can’t say the same for his mother. Su-Jin (played by Choi Ji-Woo), was brought up by her brother, led a simple life and when someone like Dong-Woo who profess love to her, she was dreaming of a home filled with happiness and love. Dong-Woo were head over heels in love with the lovable and sweet natured, Su-Jin. He kept their relationship so tight-lipped that the news of his new-found love shocked his mother when he announced to her that he has found someone he loves and her soon-to-be DIL. It never occurred in Dong-Woo’s mind that his mother was unhappy and full of resentment on hearing that he wishes to marry Su-Jin. Fueling with anger, DWO slammed her fist on the mirror in disapproval of her son’s marriage. When she cried during the wedding, it was not a weeping joy but grieving tears and it was daunting to think how a mother would have reacted on her son’s wedding.

As Su-Jin’s sets her feet in her newly home, and so begins a doomed marriage. Grabbing the chance to marry someone who preaches love as pure as snow, Su-Jin needed such an assurance of a happy family to replace her pain of losing her parents since young. She trusted Dong-Woo and it all started rosy with a dream wedding, honeymoon and a heartfelt home-coming welcome showered by her mother-in-law. Everything appears normal but what seemed to be a joyous dream will turn out to be a cruel illusion.

MAJOR SPOILERS

Dong-Woo’s Omoni (DWO)

One of the most eccentric MIL is to be unveiled in front of you…..someone I think you are unlikely to meet in reality.

This is my instant response when I watched the opening scene : OMG! Am I watching a western movie?? For a second, I thought they were lovers…..you know like the character of Uhm Tae-Woong who played opposite of Go Do-Shim as lovers (vast-age differences) in Birth of A Family but….WAIT…aren’t this story based on "Mother-In-Law vs. Daughter-In-Law "?? I snapped myself back to my focus on the small screen…..Phew….Whoaaarrrr…. Never in my wildest imagination, I was witnessing one of the most caressing moments of a mother and her son ….rolling and tickling each other in bed and ended up in an-almost sitting position on top of her son’s shirtless body?? I got the impression that this MIL was like “man-hungry-matron”. Call me outrageously old-fashioned or notoriously naïve but that scene of an overly bonding relationship between a mother and son was a bit hard to digest. Just blew my mind!! I’m such a dork!! Chinese-culture!! I don’t know the reaction for some who had watched it. Coming next, I shall reveal more abnormality act from a mother to her son that may sound scary for soon-to-be bride. Maybe… it is normal…..or somewhat normal….or could be somewhat abnormal…I am at lost to place my bet…..watch it to determine your own verdict.

Despite her outwardly normal appearance, she is actually a possessive and deceitful mother-in-law. Her outward appearance betrays a deep-rooted insecurity, neurotic, needy and clingy – the nightmarish relationship of a mother and son. Dong-Woo’s Omoni life revolves solely around her son and was too dependent on DW to accompany her everywhere….. like any couple who would fix date for the weekend. Obviously, she was obsessed with him and it was disturbing to watch the way she conversed with her son (behaving more like lovers). I wonder whether she was previously trapped inside a loveless marriage and as a result, she took her own son whom she had raised for 30 years as someone she can safely love. DW was her Prince Charming! Could it be that her self-destructiveness borne out with her years of being a widower causes her abnormality? Gosh….perhaps I need to attend a psychology class or consult a psychiatrist. I am dumbfounded.

Her character is very unpredictable…she behaves so lovingly and an impression given as a perfect MIL in front of her son’s presence and turned villain when she is exposed to Su-Jin, alone in the house. She is creepily scary with her fierce looking face and the hostile attitude towards Su-Jin. She unleashes the full fury of her burying from the pain of losing her son and engaged in subtly veiled insults as she bashes Su-Jin. She blames Su-Jin for everything that she LOST. She loses love, attention, weekends outing, “passionate” wake-up call, bathing/scrubbing him…(yup, she still bathes him)…urgh….that was so disgusting. The more Su-Jin influences Dong-Woo, the more vindictive she turns out to be. She constantly conspires to make life hell for Su-Jin.

I was able to feel her pain and each time she inflicted pain on Su-Jin, she needs to play an orchestrated classical music to mend her soul-less heart which was ripped off by Su-Jin. The music relieves her pain and her sanity is waning off as she planned to oust her out of their lives. As much as I hated her for causing misery to Su-Jin, I was betrayed by how pitiful she looked as …someone who inflicted self-destructive grievances to gain her son’s trust as being the victim of bickering between the two women in his life. She had plunged into a verge of self-inflicted-psychotic-disorder!!! Still, I wonder the shroud of mystery surrounding her weird character.

If CJW gets the recognition for her portrayal as the battered daughter-in-law, then her mother-in-law should be applauded for her role as an "obsessive-possessive-turned-sicko" mother-in-law. Both actresses performance were outstanding playing down their role characters as if they were instinctual actress.

Han Su-Jin

The girl-next-door, a dream wife and daughter-in-law

Su-Jin diligently performs her role as a respectful and obedient daughter-in-law, who desperately wanted to take charge of her husband’s daily chores and the household as well. She is a perfect role model of a DIL and an adorable wife. Despite carrying out her dutiful roles, nothing she does seem to please or satisfy her temperamental mother-in-law and in the course of putting up with her unpredictable emotions, it had caused some strain on the relationship of the newly wed couple.

Su-Jin silently harbors the hope that her mother-in-law will soon recover from adjusting to life with her existence or from an unwilling detachment of her son. Maybe she needs time …but as days goes by nothing seem to change and each day she uncovered frightening motives. As hard as she fought her confusing mind to understand the rationality of her mother-in-law’s outrageous behavior, she failed in all her attempts.

Consequently, the DIL & MIL relationship had deteriorated to a stage that Su-Jin realizes that she has to take charge and seek Dong-Woo’s help. They were planning to ignore her domineering control, stirring a storming-effect on DW’s Omoni~~ to return to sanity. However, as revengeful as she can be, it sent out a wrong message with an adverse-effect. The plan backfired and it sets the beginning of an even deadlier game plotted by her MIL. DWO retaliated and vowed to make Su-Jin’s regret for brain-washing her son against her.

The drama further thickens when DW’s Omoni resorted to cause bodily harm and using a psychological effect on Su-Jin in her desperate move to warn her in one of the most terrifying scenes as she was dragged from her room to the bathroom. Her MIL pulled her hair and plunged her face on a bath-tub filled with water and drowning poor Su-Jin. Her force was too strong and finally Su-Jin succumbed to her. She was constantly lifting up and dunking her head on the water…. synchronizing her moves as she yelled at her. She blamed her for stirring her into a rage and accusing her in pretending as an angel in front of her son. She was terrorized by her MIL who accused her of planning to separate the mother-son relationship. “You think you can defeat me…and if you do it again the next time, I am going to kill you??” she slammed Su-Jin with such cruel and threatening words. Su-Jin suddenly sees her life as thin as a paper and violently being terrorized. It all started with steady stream of insults, taunted and offensive remarks followed by physical violent ---- deepening their relationship into a rivalry.

Where do you draw the line…?? When Su-Jin feels that the line has been crossed, she takes action. That was her last straw when MIL tried to drown her in the bath-tub. She had pushed JS to the limit and NOW she took the conflict between her and MIL as largely a question of “survival”. Bottom line…..when survival is at stake, I think people will do what they have to do and that applies to everyone at her position.

Lee Dong-Woo

Mommy’s boy

Dong-Woo had an innate charm that is hard to resist and he got an amazing natural energy that he exudes immediately he walks into the house. He makes me feel good as his presence at home gave me a chance to witness some make-believe happy-family moments, in exchanged of an agonizing moods penetrated by his obsessive mum during day-breaks. It just puts me at peace……and a call for time-break …a much needed brain-recharged for my next round of nightmares.

Unknown to the circumstances evolves around the relationship between his mother and wife, Dong-Woo thought he was the luckiest guy, marrying a beautiful wife, adding a new member to a loving home filled with happiness which whom he had shared his entire life with his mother. He felt he was the happiest man on earth ……blissfully married to Su-Jin and a mother who gave him unconditional love. What else can a guy ask for? A home nestled with so much love, warmth and happiness, so it seems to be in Dong-Woo’s eyes.

Su-Jin’s voices her concerns at her husband but was consistently ignored, since DW was oblivious of the home-affairs, he couldn’t understand why Su-Jin was constantly picking on his mother? Dong-Woo had no idea of the crisis brewing between SJ and his mum until it was too late. Her overly prying mother was taking control over the newly wed but DW was unable to detect his mother’s little gestures of jealousy, attention-craving and most disturbingly wanting to continue being passionate with him. She refused to accept changes in her daily chores.....

This loving couple is so pitiful and I can only see them like they were married without the benefits of being married. You get what I mean…… DW’s Omoni was everywhere in their lives…from morning to dusk…..even during intimacy. Oh…please mommy dearest, give them a break…they are after-all newly weds and what do you expect from them…sleep?? You had a fair chance of your son’s love and with an additional daughter-in-law to love you, what else do you want??? Poor Dong-Woo who had to give in every time his mums knocked on his door….. looking so forlorn as an obeying child.

Blissfully unaware of the pain that Su-Jin had to endure, he hates to admit that his mother has gone overboard with her obsession of attention+love-craving. DWO felt deprived by her son whom had for the first time in his life was under the influenced of his wife.

Su-Jin’s wail fall on death ears until it’s too late but it was also a turning point in DW’s life when he discovered how pathetically and psychologically sick his mother had turned out, he was suffocated by his mother words when he queried his mother, “Why did you agree on my marriage?” Similarly to how you’d react if I don’t buy you your favorite toys, I consented to your marriage, she replied. She thought Su-Jin was one of his play-things. Now that you know how troublesome marriage is and how stressful it is for you to stand in-between us, could we please get on with our normal lives, she told DW. Is that all you can say?? Dong-Woo asked in disappointment. That was it....I am leaving.....

Credit to Main Cast

Yun So-Jeong as Dong-Woo’s Omoni aka MIL

I have no details of the actress who played a flighty mother-in-law but she is so convincing in her role that she made me despise her instantly. Her facial expressions were so perfectly transcend out into her role character and it was not easy job to perform various emotion which changes like a chameleon. She is the MIL you love to hate.

In my opinion, YSJ is highly successful for always vying for attention and she gets my vote for playing the most convincing and emotional brittle woman, to be exact a villainess, MIL. To be honest, her character was painted with varied and diversified emotions and expressions, a much heavier role than CJW. Every detail of her character is cleverly delivered out through her facial expressions, subtle yet defining and those varying moods, blatant and pretentious actions.

I have mixed feelings on this abusive MIL and I silently harbor the hope that she considers getting a toy-boy over her son. She has insatiable hunger for love and attention and it drove her to behave outrageously as an eccentric MIL, so conniving and scheming. She thought she is GOD of the family and Su-Jin should be at her mercy at all times.

She has some kind of overpowering effect on me and I am totally drawn to her character. There’s a scene I found most daunting, the part when she threatened to kill herself by slashing her wrist in front of her son was appallingly shocking. She had gone insane the minute her son decided to leave her and I think life is meaningless to her since DW no longer wishes to stay with her. When DW died, three quarter of her soul died with him but before she can fully join him, she wanted a quarter of her soul to remain in order to take revenge on Su-Jin.

I was full of sympathy in her capacity as a mother (the scene where she captured and gagged SJ in the basement) when she was in the midst of beating SJ, she suddenly stopped when she claimed that DW had called out for her. “I am leaving you here while I go upstairs to accompany my son to sleep”, she said. She played that scene so remarkably good and her facial expressions were so perfectly portrayed. When Su-Jin was captured in the basement, she confessed that the room is full of DW’s toys and since you are one of his toys, you should be staying here, DWO said to Su-Jin. Such creepy feelings …. goose-pimples forming too. SJ realized that her MIL had sunken into a worst psychotic disorder.

At the end of the arduous shoot, I wonder whether YSJ got herself transformed into a different role character as quickly as possibly (a comedy??), a nice reprieve from this horrific film because I felt there was a lot of darkness in the character as DW’s Omoni. Just curious how actors recover from such a dark experience.

Choi Ji-Woo as Han Su-Jin aka DIL

Choi Ji-Woo really nailed her character, a radically different role and it was a kind of challenges that she relishes. From all her choice movies she had picked, I think "The Hole" is one of the most challenging roles she had played. I presume she must have felt good about rising to the challenge.

She is so demurely pretty and innocent looking with her straight long hair and how does she maintain her youth….she is almost the same as I see her today? Except her make-up was different then…you know those days, they love to apply full-lipped lipstick making it contrastingly sexy?? She looked stunning in her wedding dress and Dong-Woo awesomely matched JW too. Oh…she did cut her hair shorter after she got married. Well, what is new in Korean movie/drama!

CJW was completely consumed by fear playing Su-Jin, a passionate person who later developed into a strong-minded character and it makes us empathetic towards her character. It was a serious, challenging role character and it’s also a way for CJW to exposing a different side of her talent. I find it odd to relate to a role that she played in her earlier debut as an actress since I had written so much on her current or rather latest achievements. Like in a movie or drama, I had to switch my mind on “flash-back” to imagine her stance as a new actress instead as someone who is already a highly acclaimed actress. I hope it make sense ….

Physically exhausted and emotionally drained from her MIL’s constant bashing, torturing and harassment which soon escalated to violence. SJ was breathless to within an inch of her life, leaving her alone to compose the frightening death-defying moment in her life. She crawled back to her room in drenched-wet clothing, locked herself and re-examine her position as a wife and DIL before she made a drastic decision to leave the house. Ji-Woo did a splendid job in the bathroom scene --- plunging/dunking/drowning scenes. She was tremendously excellent in executing these scenarios especially when she finally broke away from the water…..her body leaning against the wall, gasping for air, breathing and almost choking with water and her hand gesture makes it more convincing as someone trying to seek help…..her acting was so real and I think she got the vote from the judges for performing such a brilliant act. She finally found the strength to dig herself out of the deep, dark hole.

What is ultimately so uplifting about the story is Su-Jin’s instinct and courage to challenge her MIL. It’s her strong will character and her willingness to take it all the way that draws me to her side. I was glad to see her involved in a much character development and (if you had seen JW mostly in her rehashing characters), please indulge yourself with her character in this movie. It was one of those meaty and memorable roles which I believed she was proud “The Hole” played an integral part of her career advancement. Bagging two awards consecutively was indeed one of the most fulfilling achievements CJW had received. She has moved one notch up and in pursuit of her career advancement we knew today she had entered a new chapter in her life. CJW was only 22 years-old when she received two highly acclaimed awards and had tasted success at such a young age.

Hey…I just noticed Ji-Woo has some kind of affinity with guys bearing her last name- Woo, Dong-Woo’s real name is Park Yong-Woo and as fate would have it, 6 years later, she did a drama with another Woo, Kwon Sang-Woo in Stairway to Heaven. Will she ever end up in reality with those “Woos” she had collaborated with or a new Woo???..errr …. John Woo?? Just kidding! Abracadabra….your guess is as good as mine!!

I hope JW will secure more substantial acting roles after her last movie, Now and Forever. Sometimes I wonder whether it is possible to re-launch this movie again at theatre or even in the small screen because I felt many had not seen another side of her versatility as an actress. She definitely deserves recognition with a profile that spanned from her earlier debut and somehow we often overlooked in crediting her for carrying out a heavier role.

We await with breath that is bated for more exciting news of CJW to come…….

Park Yong-Woo as Lee Dong-Woo

As this is my first experience watching PYW in his role as the unassuming, charismatic, easy-going and loving husband, I think I begin to find him appealing and interesting since I recently found myself checking on him and explored his profile. His warm smile was one of his most attractive characteristic in him and that goes without saying that he has good-looks too!!

I was surprised to read that his “warm smile” is his trademark but his latest look in his new movie, Beautiful Sunday, I witnessed another side of him and he earned my respect for his working attitude. Such a passionate and professional actor he is that I am planning to watch his other movies. Amazingly, when I added or rather subtracted his age when he did The Hole, he was 26 years old and now at age 35, he looked so downright manly and attractive. Mmmmph …getting interested in this namja. I wonder whether he is married (his profile indicated bachelor...just worried....no latest updates)...or whether CJW still keep in touch with him…Ok! Ok…….just a wishful thinking! Let me get back to reality and to delve on his role character as Lee Dong-Woo instead of Park Yong-Woo.

To be fair, he is almost everyone’s dream guy who had a decent job and a nice home. Money wise, not any issue, well not filthy rich but a well-respectably pay, I guess. However, if you believe your hubby dearest could rescue you when you “fall down the rabbit-hole into mother&wife-tussle-land”, trust me, you’ll be extremely disappointed. Your crying will probably flood the whole house like Alice in Wonderland when she fell into the rabbit hole. DW simply couldn’t bring himself to disappoint his mother…to him, his mum is adorably fun, open and loving person.

His screen presence is most deliriously welcoming as he is the only male character in this movie. Dong-Woo is a man who is deeply in touch with his own feelings and passion but he was over-powered by his manipulative mum whom he had failed to recognize her overly possessiveness. He was torn between his mother and wife and as he was being too traumatized by his motherly love that he did not notice anything amiss…..even when Su-Jin’s basking in misery.

DW struggles with “mommy dearest” with his beloved wife and often than not it was a common scene when a husband is put to task to determine which side he is in during a confrontation. As much as he dots on his beloved mother, he was willing to sacrifice his mother for his wife. His mother penchant for son’s love was a reflection of her insecurities and her unwillingness to accept household changes, brought DW to a predicament and alas, he went along with Su-Jin’s idea to stir sense into his mother.

I can’t find any flaws in his acting and as much as I wanted to evaluate his actions in bed, I get caught in darkness. Believe me! he must have enjoyed the bed scenes with JW the most and I am pretty sure that goes with the smooching scenes. Of course I don’t need to go into details what newly wed couple would be busy indulging, right? Just too bad….they got distracted while in the act, thanks to “mommy jealous” who loves nothing more than to give them a screeching halt. Aigooooo…..this is the exact opposite of what I would have expected from “Goong” scenes!!

Most Compelling Adventure……

I was pleasantly shocked that this story with less than 2-hour of screening time can spice up a MIL + DIL relationship from moderately heart-rending to a traumatic heart-pain and exploded to a tragically heart-palpitating and finally a heart-wrenching departure……my least expectation of how traumatic and nerve-racking this story moves me but as compelling as it may sound absurd, it sure draws the viewers to their seat. This story manages to enthrall the audience with its attention to detail and excellent supportive cast drawing an unconventional and psychological thrilling plot that will blow your minds off. It was really a heavy film.

A story full of emotional charged with lots of trauma and delivered by three main cast who gave the characters full of depth and you’ll be spellbound by the good acting and there’s only one male species character that you get to drool. This film delved deeply into an emotional turmoil and upheaval threesome’s life.

While "The Hole" is fictional, I believe it is inspired by real-life experiences and there are issues of actions and responses that are part of human nature. I have doubts about the seriousness and substance of one’s life, the luxurious of a comfort zone that we often take things for granted. I tried to escape the comfortable lethargy that seems to exercise such a powerful hold on me…and of this movie, it has such an impact! I was bewildered --- as soon as I think I’ve got myself pigeon-holed, they are going to surprise me!! Maybe, it is only me that felt that way...... revealing a conservative side of me.

In all honesty, I got nervous watching the nerve-racking scenes and the tragic characters of mother and son who struggled in their own battle. I described this movie as “thought provoking”, mystery, thriller not the usual thrill but someone that will traumatize you playing with psychological-effect.

I don’t view ending as an important factor to judge its overall performances but since I had already touched many aspects of this movie in my commentaries, I believe many must have already knew how the ending will turn out.

This verse will reveal its precise ending scenario…….

(Spreading ashes on the sea….....

Action by Su-Jin...mixing both ashes….as one.....blending their love…..)

Hope they won’t end up as mother and son in their next life

I hope they’ll find happiness forever

It’s too cruel to separate them

Their strong love for each other brings them so much pain

There’s nothing wrong with mother’s love

In the end, it’s his mother who followed him

Whereas I’m still alive

I am feeling guilty now ……..

Credit to the People Behind the Scenes – Production/Technical Team

Touching on Storyline, OST, Technicality, Costume and Cinematography

"The Hole" is definitely worth a watch but just don’t expect too much in terms of high-tech productions as this movie is produced with a low-budget (my observation) as there is only one major setting (basically at the same house) and very minimal outdoor scenes. The cast was not dressed glamorously except for the wedding gowns. DW's Omoni was often seen dressed-up to match the ocassion and appeared looking very modern and English-inspired. In fact, this is one movie which concentrates the storyline based on three role characters and one minor role character, Su-Jin’s best friend. With all these tucked as one movie, I doubt it was a lavish production.

It was 9 years ago when they did this movie and in my opinion, it was such a great film and found it interesting that the writer explored the meta-psychological within the suspense and thriller genre and the thematic elements I thought were fascinating. I am impressed that they were capable to produce such an exemplary “somewhat-controversial” storyline kind of movie for audience (somehow it has a touch of western-style). I am not going to emphasize on “controversy” part because it could be my personal views since some may disagree with me as this story is all about a psychotic mother-in-law.

I don’t know whether there was an OST-released that came along with this movie but I noticed they played some western classical songs in some of the scenes. The sound-effect, honestly, was not up to standard but the music chosen was not a bad choice and effectively drumming on my ears when it was played during those thrilling scenes. The music-effect was instilling a westernized-feel and I applaud them for taking chances to explore since it did put us in the right mood while watching the most heart-thudding scenes.

I must admit there was none awesome cinematography to boast in this movie. Barely left with a choice, I shall only delve into what I remember and like most, the exterior part of the house – the garden was very inspiring and invigorating with all the lovely greenery bushy trees, surrounded with well-trimmed bonzai. So captivating, peaceful and nestled in a corner is a garden table and chairs to indulge your tea-session. Frankly, there’s not much of a choice to compare in my comment since the house is the only scene made out in the entire storyline. Sadly, the interior was the exact opposite of the exterior, not inspiring but instigating, not invigorating but exhaustive, not captivating but disgusting and no peace but war….yup…such a bad "feng-shui"!! Believe it or not, that could have been the result of a tragic ending.

~~THE END~~

My dearest chingu Fel,

You analyzed extremely well. You are an excellent analyst. :wub:

I am so prompted to watch The Hole again..... for the sixth time! It is my favourite's of all Jiwoo's movies and her best's and most successful's.

P.S. That MIL of hers in the movie quite resembles one of Taiwanese actresses in the 70s.

I still cant shake off the image of her as of today : horrible MIL! :wacko::angry:

Thanks for providing this reading enjoyment.

Cheers,

Guest ellabel

Repost from bhjwlove.com

Thanks to Ping

9th Avenue CF

avenue3-1.jpg

avenue7.jpg

Thanks, Ching sis for the 9th Ave. pics.

BH and JW looked gorgeous together.

And W :w00t: W!!! CJW is soooo sexy in that black halter-backless number.

I really hope they can to another CF together.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l75/roge...02614426371.jpg

Thanks for the news, Ching. You never fail to bring us updated news and pics on Jiwoo. Kumawo, chingu. Mwah!! :wub:

CJW is so nice to attend JHS's movie premier. Seems like they've gotten close after Yeonriji.

Are there any more pics?..... Does she and Han sun have a pic together? :unsure:

It's so noble and generous of Jiwoo to spend her time and efforts to do charity works.

It's good to know that her heart and mind are in the right places despite all the accolades, wealth and successes she has been reaping.

Thanks, Ching. The BD couple remains my all time favorite pairing, and Lee Byung-Hun is my favorite among all of CJW's male co-stars.....they make a beautiful couple. That's my own opinion

You are so right, Felicia. I would have thought 9th Avenue was talking about NYC instead of Seoul.

So sorry for being MIA everyone. My work load has been tight lately and my colleagues and I are going on consecutive overseas assignments. Not that we want to complain, we'll never pass the chance to travel.

I wish I could contribute more to this thread. Hopefully, the year end holidays will mean my work slows down....just a little bit

Despite the pressures and competition at work, it's always gratifying to see people find their peace through their respective religious beliefs.

It's interesting to see missionary work channels taking off in Japan.

Thanks Ching for the translations.

Take care all......I'll see you around!!!

Same here Beary Bear... ;):lol:

No worries, dear... Just do what you have to do. I wud also grab the opportunity to travel for free. :P:lol:

Hope to see you soon.

๋Just wanna tell you that Finally me and 7875 Got Jiwoo Travel Diary in my hands today!!

Here is some of Jiwoo pix which rarely to seen or never seen as me..

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h291/wrb...02112006026.jpg

Though it cost a lot (highest cost that I've ever paid for actor/actress :blush: ) so it took me time to make decision but when I got it...I think it's worth for paying ka

Congrats wrblee and 7875.

Enjoy your Jiwoo Travel Diary. I'm sure it is worth every penny.

Thanks for sharing some never before seen pics of Jiwoo.

Guest dramalover

Thanks Hyc for reposting and sharing the vod link..

CJW looks simply beautiful with her long wavy hair. :phew: ..Lucky

audience who were able to snap pictures of her on stage..