Choi Ji Woo 최지우

Guest Azura

Grace , I have the BD concert in VCD and as this ajummah is hopelessly on the fast-track of aging, I don't seem to remember the colour of her gown. Aigoooooo.....I think I need to rewatch the concert again! ;)

Maybe Ching can assist you to upload it since you know I am joongmal a computer-ignoramus unless you it in VCD format. Just let me know, chingu :D

Wah.... Ella chingu, you've got good memory...and I always thought JW did 101 Proposal before STH! :P

Hi Chingu,

JW did "101" before STH : 101 was shot in a mad rush in September/ Oct 2003. Right after her return to Seoul, she started STH.

Cheers,

Guest idolfan311

i just finished winter sonata. i am now a fan of hers. hehe... she's really good. i can't believe she look like a high school girl if she brush up her hair. dang. i'm gonna watch stairway to heaven. is married or what?

i just finished winter sonata. i am now a fan of hers. hehe... she's really good. i can't believe she look like a high school girl if she brush up her hair. dang. i'm gonna watch stairway to heaven. is married or what?

Waving to idolfan!

Welcome to CJW thread.

JW is still single.

She is indeed an angel, a precious gem of Korea.

Cheers,

Felicia, Ella sis and gracew,

Sorry for the "3 in 1" reply. :P:lol::lol:

I am buried up to my neck with work at the moment. :sweatingbullets: So just a quikie for all. :P

1. BD Concert and Jiwoo's Classic Drama concert are different events, but all held in 2005.

BD Concert was held in Tokyo for 2 separate sessions. JW Classic Drama Concert was held in Seoul

and Osaka.

2. There's no VCD for either concert on sale. What I have are vods downloaded and I converted them to VCD formats.

3. Jiwoo and BH didn't sing in BD Concert. They just made their stage appearance together first, interviewed by the MC, each gave their admiring opinion of the other. :P Then they appeared separately and each gave a short message. After that both of them sat on the stage together to view the BD clip, the scene where they were reconciled under the cherry blossoms. :P I love this part, it's so romantic. :P:lol:;)

BD Concert clip. :P

mmst://netvideo.netvigator.com/a3331150513709331121607271363.wmv

4. Jiwoo sang Promise and Memory in her Classic Drama Concert in Osaka, not in BD concert.

Please download using Flashget. :)

VOD- Memory by Jiwoo

VOD - Promise by Jiwoo

Repost from bhjwlove.com

For those who can't download by flashget, alternate dl link uploaded by filesend.com

Promise by Jiwoo, please click in to the page to dl. :)

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=098...c52d109c5fb6e5c

Memory

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=a20...efb6d10ee0df2c2

Guest ellabel

welcome.gifidolfan to CJW thread! :)

Jiwoo was successful in portraying 2 generation of her in WS. She got away with it with her youthful look and splendid acting.

You will definitely admire and love her more if you can watch Beautiful Days and Stairway to Heaven.

She's very effective in both roles and had great chemistry with her leading men.

Thanks for the quick response, Ching sis... :)

I know you will have the right answere when it comes to Jiwoo.

She's beautiful in both concerts. I remember her gowns where perfect for her.. showed her sexy figure and elegance. And I agree, that scene with the cherry blossoms was so sweet and romantic. :wub:

Thanks for the quick response, Ching sis... :)

I know you will have the right answere when it comes to Jiwoo.

She's beautiful in both concerts. I remember her gowns where perfect for her.. showed her sexy figure and elegance. And I agree, that scene with the cherry blossoms was so sweet and romantic. :wub:

Ella sis, I have edited my post, adding the links to Promise and Memory. :P:lol:

Guest ellabel

Ella sis, I have edited my post, adding the links to Promise and Memory. :P:lol:

Kumawo, chingu..... :wub:

CJW is not really a singer but she can fill the venue to the rafters. :lol:

She is truly well-loved in Japan.

Thank you so much HYC for uploading the files and also providing us with the info on the concerts. I'm downloading them right now.

I really appreciate it !!!!!!

:D:D:D

Kumawo, chingu..... :wub:

CJW is not really a singer but she can fill the venue to the rafters. :lol:

She is truly well-loved in Japan.

this one I 100% agree, even though I love jiwoo very much but I think she is better as an actress than a singer, as even though her voice is sweet to hear but it is out of the tempo, haha :D

It wud have been great if BYJ and CJW promoted WS together in Japan.. There were several occassions that they cud have done so but they prefer to stay away from each other. :rolleyes::vicx: Good thing, the story and the cast's awesome performance inluding the marvelous ost carried it thru to be the most loved K-drama there. You can just timagine what will happen if they were promoting the drama together. It cud have been phenomenal. :w00t:

What's good about Jiwoo and BH is that they are very good friends and very comfortable to work with one another. They've supported Beautiful Days thru and thru....Imagine, it was the oldest among CJW's 3 hit dramas shown in Japan. The BD concert with a full orchestra was to say the least, spine-tingling.. :w00t: . it was lovely hearing the theme songs being played by the full orchestra. *gosh!! i got goosebumps listening* Both are very supportive of each other being 2 of the biggest Hallyu stars in Japan. From BD to EHAS to each other's concert..... that i think, spelled the difference. :phew:

If only Jiwoo and KSW promoted STH agggressively in Japan, it cud have eclipsed WS and BD. It has the right formula, acting was great too and the ost is equally splendid. I dont know why both din pursue the usual path in promoting K-drama in Japan. Maybe, both got so busy and their skeds are not in sync. Nevertheless, I'm very happy that Jiwoo starred in the 3 most watched K-dramas in Japan. Up to now, she's the only K-actress who's credited for the Hallyu wave in the Land of the Rising Sun. :)

Oops! Miss all the interesting exchanges here .... :blush:

"If only Jiwoo and KSW promoted STH agggressively in Japan, it cud have eclipsed WS and BD. It has the right formula, acting was great too and the ost is equally splendid." - Yep! Ella, you have said it!! It's a shame that StH was not promoted in anyway ~~~~~ :blink::wacko:

Still no news of her new project ???? Probably Cain and Abel is it?! :rolleyes:

Felicia, Ella sis and gracew,

Sorry for the "3 in 1" reply. :P:lol::lol:

I am buried up to my neck with work at the moment. :sweatingbullets: So just a quikie for all. :P

1. BD Concert and Jiwoo's Classic Drama concert are different events, but all held in 2005.

BD Concert was held in Tokyo for 2 separate sessions. JW Classic Drama Concert was held in Seoul

and Osaka.

2. There's no VCD for either concert on sale. What I have are vods downloaded and I converted them to VCD formats.

3. Jiwoo and BH didn't sing in BD Concert. They just made their stage appearance together first, interviewed by the MC, each gave their admiring opinion of the other. :P Then they appeared separately and each gave a short message. After that both of them sat on the stage together to view the BD clip, the scene where they were reconciled under the cherry blossoms. :P I love this part, it's so romantic. :P:lol:;)

BD Concert clip. :P

mmst://netvideo.netvigator.com/a3331150513709331121607271363.wmv

4. Jiwoo sang Promise and Memory in her Classic Drama Concert in Osaka, not in BD concert.

Thanks Ching for the precise account of CJW’s concert performances in Korea and Japan. You’ve put our mind at ease with detailed scenario. Joongmal gamsahamnida…for the links too. :D

Appreciate all your invaluable time to pop by despite your hectic schedule!

To watch CJW perform on stage is very entertaining ….whether as a performer or guest. She’s a crowd-pleaser, the moment she stepped on stage with her striking elegance and beauty, I am pretty sure there'll be many "ooohs and aaahs" ~~stealing an instant limelight. It’s worth all the trouble and money to see her on stage and I do agree with Ella and Jas that JW triumphed in her acting skill but it would be a thrilling experience to hear her sing ……somehow there’s always a connection when she sings those songs from her drama…..bringing back fond memories of her role. :rolleyes:

Thanks felicia for always sharing your Rondo goodies with us

who are still watching and enjoying the drama...Your summaries you've shared with me are very much

appreciated...235137bf9.gif:D

You are welcome, Dramalover and I hope CJW, Yutaka and the rest of the cast will thrill you during the weekends. How is the response from viewers and at which episode it was last aired? :rolleyes:

Guest ellabel

Oops! Miss all the interesting exchanges here ....

"If only Jiwoo and KSW promoted STH agggressively in Japan, it cud have eclipsed WS and BD. It has the right formula, acting was great too and the ost is equally splendid." - Yep! Ella, you have said it!! It's a shame that StH was not promoted in anyway ~~~~~ :blink::wacko:

Still no news of her new project ???? Probably Cain and Abel is it?! :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, no news yet on her next project. It's really taking her management co. too long to decide on which project she's going to do first. There's no more follow-up news on Cain and Abel too.

Jiwoo is keeping all her fans in suspense.

Fel chingu, you are such a devoted fan of Jiwoo :D ...

When you put it that way, there's really nothing that Jiwoo cant do....everything about her is good. :wub:

Guest dramalover

You are welcome, Dramalover and I hope CJW, Yutaka and the rest of the cast will thrill you during the weekends. How is the response from viewers and at which episode it was last aired? :rolleyes:

You are right my friend,I am enjoying my date with YT and CJW every Monday night...I just saw episode 5

this week ...unfortunately local tv shows are not included in the ratings. :w00t:

Fel chingu, you are such a devoted fan of Jiwoo :D ...

When you put it that way, there's really nothing that Jiwoo cant do....everything about her is good. :wub:

Ha!ha!ha!...Ella chingu, I was reluctant to admit that she is not cut out to be a singer but you know when you hear deliver the song you tend not to judge her singing prowess because we were mesmerized by the beautiful flashback scenes of the drama on the screen. :rolleyes: Ah….excuses…excuses, pardon me my friend. ;) Maybe as her fan I am bit biased but honestly, I sing worse than her but of course my audience is limited to four walls and a handful of listeners who can stand my voice…. :P

You are right my friend,I am enjoying my date with YT and CJW every Monday night...I just saw episode 5

this week ...unfortunately local tv shows are not included in the ratings. :w00t:

Aigoooo so slow, you mean one episode per week.....I was lucky that I get to watch all available 7 episodes non-stop...and if I have all the episodes on hand, I would have completed the drama on one go! :P:w00t:

Guest Jenny C

Thanks Ching for the precise account of CJW’s concert performances in Korea and Japan. You’ve put our mind at ease with detailed scenario. Joongmal gamsahamnida…for the links too. :D

Appreciate all your invaluable time to pop by despite your hectic schedule!

To watch CJW perform on stage is very entertaining ….whether as a performer or guest. She’s a crowd-pleaser, the moment she stepped on stage with her striking elegance and beauty, I am pretty sure there'll be many "ooohs and aaahs" ~~stealing an instant limelight. It’s worth all the trouble and money to see her on stage and I do agree with Ella and Jas that JW triumphed in her acting skill but it would be a thrilling experience to hear her sing ……somehow there’s always a connection when she sings those songs from her drama…..bringing back fond memories of her role. :rolleyes:

Dear Fel,

You are absolutely right, she is definitely a crowd-pleaser with magnificient stunning power that really strike you real deep in your heart just by watching her performing on stage.

I remember when we attended her 2004 Asian Fans Meeting in Yong Pyong, when she appeared on stage to sing "SARANGHAMNIDA" for the first time, we were totally dumpfounded followed by the "oohs and aaahs" by her surprise gift for us. Although she was out of tune and had to rely on her 3 back-up singers......no body cares and the whole hall was applausing away while she was trying her very best to give us her very best rendition of "SARANGHAMNIDA". Most of us were soooooo touched by her effort that tears welled up in some of our eyes. THAT VERY MOMENT really strike me deeply in my heart. I totally understand and knows how it felt when i read that fans cried during her singing of "PROMISE" AND "MY MEMORY" at her concerts.

Well one thing for sure, her singing definitely improves since her last rendition of "SARANGHAMNIDA".... :P:P

http://news.media.daum.net/entertain/broad.../v14297269.html

2006. 10.11

Brief translation based on the Chinese translation by cindycho at bhjwlove.com

Li Hyori and Choi Jiwoo took part in Woman breast cancer awareness campaign

20061011024606.252.0.jpg

Li Hyori and Choi Jiwoo recently participated in the ¡®Love You W¡¯hand printing event of Korea breast cancer enlightenment campaign organized by fashion magazine 'Double oil magazine'. The two actresses expressed their pleasure to be able to take part in such a meaningful course of bringing the Korean women to the awareness of the danger and knowledge of breast cancer. 24 artistes attended this event.

Collection from sales of T-shirts with the stars hand prints would be donated to the South Korea Healthy Breast Foundation.

Source: starjiwoo

Princess Jiwoo’s Hand printing T-shirt on sales for Breast Cancer Campaign.

lovew.jpg

Related sites

http://www.wkorea.com/event/loveyourw/loveyourw_tshirts.asp

http://www.wizwid.com/CSW/handler/wizwid/k...ortID=700261602

700261602_JIW.jpg

The price is 20,000 Won. :P

Guest dramalover

Aigoooo so slow, you mean one episode per week.....I was lucky that I get to watch all available 7 episodes non-stop...and if I have all the episodes on hand, I would have completed the drama on one go! :P:w00t:

unfortunately Felicia my dear, It's only shown once a week..sighws8.gif...and it's hard to remember all the Shin-Ku's name...at times.. it's confusing. :( But with your helped and summaries you've shared with me privately...I am enjoying the drama....Kamsahamnida chingu.. :D

Hyc,thank you for the updated news on how to order CJW's hand printing T-shirts for Breast cancer..

KOREA’s MOST BEAUTIFUL…….

Korea’s answer to People magazine recently conducted a poll to name 50 of Korea’s most beautiful people – 25 male and 25 female. The list included the usual fair of boyband hunks, gorgeous actors and figure-perfect celebrities.

Number one for the male category went to ERIC MUN of Korea’s super-popular boyband Shinhwa, leaving no doubt that his atypical Korean looks – big almond-shaped eyes and sharp, well-defined facial features, have propelled him to the top of the list.

Actor and former model KANG DONG-WON managed second place, thanks largely to his high 186cm-tall build and his high nose. We’re guessing those expressive eyes probably stole a heart or two on the judging panel as well.

Number three went to Mr. Perfect Body and super-hunk, KWON SANG-WOO. Well, you know what they say : the way to a woman’s heart is through a super-flat stomach and drool-worthy physique.

As for the ladies, top honours went to JEON JI-HYUN of My Sassy Girl and Windstruck fame. Her girl-next-door look, proportionate figure and sexy without being overly sultry demeanor won over the judges, proving that stick-thin and sex goddess wasn’t always the way to go.

Second place raised several eyebrows when CHOI JI-WOO (of Winter Sonata and Stairway to Heaven fame) was announced, not least because the 31-year-old actress hasn’t appeared in any films or drama series lately. Well, whoever says you can’t be beautiful without working? We’re guessing her memorable role in Winter Sonatar will be enough to secure her place in ‘most beautiful’’ lists for years to come.

Meanwhile, SONG HYE-KYO crept in quietly at number three. The diminutive actress may be only 156cm tall, but that gorgeous face sure is bringing her places.

The poll reportedly follows the judgment criteria and guidelines of America’s People magazine, and is not based solely on a celebrity’s popularity at that point of time. Unlike most polls, decisions for this list were made base on physical appearance, personal grooming, public impression and personality. The eight judges had been carefully picked out from some of the most influential individuals in the Korean entertainment and film industry.

Source : Extracted from one of our (Malaysia) local celebrity magazine (HOT). I edited some of the contents to exclude a-not-so-welcoming comment made on one actor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe some of you had already read this piece of news somewhere (different publication news) but the reason why I found it disturbing is because the writer made a falsely report on CJW's background. shocked.gifReally I wonder how "lately" he or she is referring to JW's non-appearance ..... :rolleyes:

Even though I was happy to read that CJW was placed 2nd, I am very doubtful on the writer’s knowledge of K-stars since the message sent out had revealed the inaccuracy of her/his reports. I tried not to sound biased but somehow when I read in between the lines, I found it contained some sarcasm (despite that the writer had worded it as "we're guessing" in the report) ~~ viewing JW as not-so-much-credit-worthiness in terms of her other highly acclaimed contributions in Korea entertainment industry other than Winter Sonata. icon_shakehead.gif The bottom line is that their "guessing" term used is a form of safeguarding their "image" in case of accusation for "wrong reports" but surely they could have done a thorough research and this could be avoided....a self-mockery of their own shallow knowledge while claiming it as one of the hottest gossip mag..... (revealing how unprofessional it was written...). :ph34r::w00t::vicx:

Helloooooo….she had her schedule tightly lined up since last year with her movie released in 2006, NOW AND FOREVER (Yeonriji) and of course the joint venture (Korea-Japan) collaboration of the TV drama, RONDO, not forgetting her minor appearance in the SHADOWLESS SWORD movie and of course numerous CFs and jetting in and out from Korea, Japan and HK during the promotional advertisement as spoke-person for Christian Dior. All her promotional work for movie, drama, TV appearances, concerts as host and guest and also the released of JW's - Diary---maybe these works shouldn't be counted .... ;) Now, do you call these kinds of work involvement as non-working?? icon_bleah.gif and all those works highlighted were after STH and EHAS.

Aigoooo…..I am so disappointed and how could one (as a reporter) with so little knowledge be in-charged of writing this article. The writer should have done some ground work-checked before she/he releases a misleading report in one of the most read gossip magazines. cursing.gif

P.S : I hope the above scenario on JW's work is accurately written otherwise I should be bonk.gif for speaking out....he!he!he! icon_hehe.gif

Sorry gals if I sound so defensive or even offended ....but I need to get this piece of news out of my chest..... joongmal mianneh chingu..... grouphug.gif