[Drama 2012] Dr. Jin 닥터진

Admin

Guest edenlove

Lee Beom-soo has taken on the role of Lee Ha-eung who hides his relation to the royal family to save his own life from the Kim's as he mingles loosely with the lower classes but actually has a strong desire for authority and ambition.

Lee Beom-soo will take on this role of Lee Ha-eung with comedy and charisma.

I can understand why LBS accepted this role, as reading from history references Lee Ha-eung is indeed a very interesting figure. I would imagine it will be the equivalent of a Prince Suyang (or King Sejo) in TPM.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest timpa

I can understand why LBS accepted this role, as reading from history references Lee Ha-eung is indeed a very interesting figure. I would imagine it will be the equivalent of a Prince Suyang (or King Sejo) in TPM.

It sounds like LBS will be playing a sort of "Sakamoto Ryomo" type character from Jin since Ryomo was portrayed somewhat comical, but he also had to deal with assassination attempts and was a key historical figure in getting power removed from the shogunate and returned to the imperial family.

Ryomo didn't have a royal connection, but it sounds like some of the actions and story of both characters will be similar.

Guest senyae

Aww Kim So Yeon declined the offer :(

[NEWS] 120419 Kim So Yeon, “Dr Jin” appearance fell through “It is a shame but I have declined it.”

201204191223361115_1.jpg

Plans for actress Kim So Yeon’s appearance on MBC’s new weekend drama Dr Jin had fallen through.

Kim So Yeon who has recently been a likely candidate for the leading lady in Dr Jin, posted on her fancafe in the morning of Apr 19. She declined the appearance in the drama by saying, “It seems that all of you are curious. It is a good piece of work and I will like to give greetings as soon as possible. But, it is a shame for this piece of work.”

Kim So Yeon’s management Namoo Actors spokesperson said, “After much consideration, it was a shame that she had decided not to appear in Dr Jin. We will look for good pieces of work.”

Dr Jin is a medical drama about the best doctor in the present who time-traveled to Joseon Dynasty in 1860. Actors Song Seung-heon, Lee Bum Soo, Kim Jaejoong and Park Min Young will be starring in the drama.

Source: Mydaily

Translated by: Shermin of JYJ3

Shared by: JYJ3

Please do not modify the credits.

So happy park min young accepted the role... It is a challenge for her since she will playing two characters.. Way to go minyoung!

Im excited to see this drama... Minyoung and jae joong - a new exciting pair to watch for...

It's been reported that the cast members had a script reading for ' Time Slip Dr. Jin' about 2 days ago from the latest tweet of the drama producer, Jun Heung Man. The production crew and cast members have begun the filming process.

[Trans] We had the script reading well and pleasantly had a get-together. The leading actors and the supporting actors as well are really well cast. Everybody perfectly fits in each role. My expectation gets higher increasingly.

Source: iverates @ Twitter

Translation: Jeneration

Shared By: JYJ3

Guest raiven

I guess Kim So Yeon declined the role because she'll be technically the "2nd lead" if her character would be Tomonaga/Nokaze. I'm thinking Kim Min Seo would be perfect for this role as she's really great in sageuk(SKKS, TMTETS). Who else? Maybe Park Ye Jin?

It's also interesting to take note that someone like Lee Beom Soo accepted the role even if he'll not be the main lead.

I guess Kim So Yeon declined the role because she'll be technically the "2nd lead" if her character would be Tomonaga/Nokaze. I'm thinking Kim Min Seo would be perfect for this role as she's really great in sageuk(SKKS, TMTETS). Who else? Maybe Park Ye Jin?

It's also interesting to take note that someone like Lee Beom Soo accepted the role even if he'll not be the main lead.

even if he is the 2nd lead or cameo, I'll always support him phew.gifphew.gifphew.gifphew.gif   cuz he allways shines brightly whatever roles he plays.

Guest run_lola_run

No Kim So Yeon? Sad. She's a great actress, it's probably for the best.

I think I'll probably only watch LBS's scenes in this drama, he's the only actor who matters to me in this anyways. After reading that the writer's for this drama are the same people who wrote Road No. 1 and Spy Myung Wol, I'm turned off almost completely. Also with the fact that PMY's character sounds like a combination of the Saki/Nofu/Mirai characters. Why? fury.gif:rolleyes:

It sounds like LBS will be playing a sort of "Sakamoto Ryomo" type character from Jin since Ryomo was portrayed somewhat comical, but he also had to deal with assassination attempts and was a key historical figure in getting power removed from the shogunate and returned to the imperial family.

Ryomo didn't have a royal connection, but it sounds like some of the actions and story of both characters will be similar.

I hope so. I've just marathon-ed Jin over the weekend and somehow everytime I saw Sakamoto Ryoma, I feel like Yoo Bang (I mean LBS) will be the perfect actor playing as this kind of character. 

Still pretty confused with PMY's double roles; so she'll be Dr Jin's lover in modern era (Tomonaga Miki) but then she'll be Saki in Joseon era? Is this correct? huh.gif

More confirmed cast for Dr Jin: 

"Jin Yi Han makes his sageuk drama comeback after 5 yrs with "Time Slip Dr.Jin" as Young Hwi, the oppa of Young Rae."

src: yeohweping

Guest timpa

I hope so. I've just marathon-ed Jin over the weekend and somehow everytime I saw Sakamoto Ryoma, I feel like Yoo Bang (I mean LBS) will be the perfect actor playing as this kind of character. 

Still pretty confused with PMY's double roles; so she'll be Dr Jin's lover in modern era (Tomonaga Miki) but then she'll be Saki in Joseon era? Is this correct? *quoted image*

More confirmed cast for Dr Jin: 

"Jin Yi Han makes his sageuk drama comeback after 5 yrs with "Time Slip Dr.Jin" as Young Hwi, the oppa of Young Rae."

src: yeohweping

PMY's modern era character in this version is a new role which didn't exist in the J-drama since she's playing the present day younger sister of Jin, and then her role in the past is likely the Saki role played by Ayase Haruka.

The Miki/Nokaze role is likely the one which Kim So Yeon was going to play, but has since decided not to since her character was said to be the most famous Gisaeng of her day in the Joseon era. Which sounds a lot like Nokaze who was the most famous Geisha.

Guest senyae

More actors joined as supporting Cast for Dr. Jin

201204240732772937_1.jpg

It says Dr Jin is a working title of the drama.

I only recognize the eunuch from "The Moon embraces the Sun", The other guy seems familiar to me, but I can't remember..

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20120424n03159

More actors joined as supporting Cast for Dr. Jin

It says Dr Jin is a working title of the drama.

I only recognize the eunuch from "The Moon embraces the Sun", The other guy seems familiar to me, but I can't remember..

Source: http://news.nate.com.../20120424n03159

Yes, that is Jung Eun Pyo aka Hyung Sun in Moon Sun. The other is Lee Won Jong, now appears in The Equator Man.

Archived