6THEORY FORUMS OFFLINE

Guest spoonlord23

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think johnny should grow up. if a large amount of people who have facebook started getting hacked would mark zuckerburg close

down the site, and  say "until the hackers got more self control the site will be down temporarily" no he would not, he'd do things to

improve the site so it does'nt happen again, because even though the site has bad eggs there are people who still very much like

the site and were'nt doing anything wrong and i think ,johnny should have thought about that first before closing down 6theory.

Guest updatetorrent

But, the thing that is killing me the most is that when and if 6theory reopens, we will probably have to start from scratch again. All our artist threads will be gone. :(<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">

It sucks a lot.

There were some amazing people on it too like Vevo who contributed a buttload of information we can't easily obtain.

Also, my favorite artist threads had posts from the beginning of the artists debut so it sucks to not look back on that.

Guest zeroblader

6theory is basically dead already...

I can guarantee you when it opens back up their will be one jackass troll or one 6theory hater that will come in and spam gore pics,etc and will make the mods want to shut it down.

and even if that doesn't happen things will be alot more strict and it won't the the 6theory that most of the users love. Hopefully that doesn't happen though.

ah, i remember you,your absolutely right

to be honest i have an urge to troll when/if it goes back onlineblush.gif

I just read this from tumblr. :lol:

6THEORY DIED BECAUSE SAND11 FORGOT TO GO TO CHURCH TODAY.

source: http://onlylovestrangers.tumblr.com/post/17113063874/6theory-died-because-sand11-forgot-to-go-to-church

Guest Indigo3

When dealing with trolls, the last thing you want them to know is that they're actually getting to you.

So with Johnny shutting down the site in response to them, doesn't this just give them more incentive to f**k things up next time? -_-  

Guest brazilianangel

Aren't there ways to ban someone permanently though? the mods kept talking about how even with ip bans people were using proxies.

They'll be back and trolling with a vengence most likely.

If 6 theory changes too much a lot of people won't be bothered with it. They'll just find something new.

Guest updatetorrent

I'm pretty sure it'll be back so we shouldn't worry.  ◕‿◕  

Maybe... but I'm leaning on the 'probably not' side.

Does anyone know Kpopflash?

They were a pretty popular streaming site for music shows. They closed down b/c of the same reasons that 6theory had. Never reopened. 

Guest CandyGirl89

Aren't there ways to ban someone permanently though? the mods kept talking about how even with ip bans people were using proxies.

Well that is true. Even with you banning them many different ways with a proxy,an easy way to make a new account you can join again and troll. That is why you got to adjust the way people can register and even make it so you have to approve the accounts before they could post. That will help cut down on some issues.

Guest IxionAsuka

6theory is basically dead already...

I can guarantee you when it opens back up their will be one jackass troll or one 6theory hater that will come in and spam gore pics,etc and will make the mods want to shut it down.

and even if that doesn't happen things will be alot more strict and it won't be the 6theory that most of the users love. Hopefully that doesn't happen though.

btw thai.

What was your confession you were going to say? I never got to read it :[

Guest palebluedot13

It sucks a lot.

There were some amazing people on it too like Vevo who contributed a buttload of information we can't easily obtain.

Also, my favorite artist threads had posts from the beginning of the artists debut so it sucks to not look back on that.

Oh shh.. We are going to lose all that data Vevo collected over time. :(

That is one thing that I can say 6theory helped me with. Before 6theory I knew nothing about things like the difference between Hanteo and Gaon, or anything related to music distribution.

It also helped me mature a lot as a kpop fan. Before I would have probably been really angry and a crazy fan if someone said anything bad about my biases but now it's just like shrug..whatever. I doesn't nearly bother me anymore.

This is completely off topic, but why was Junho crying in that gif?

I have no idea, I found it randomly when I looked up 'sad kpop gifs' :lol:

And I don't understand why the admins cant make it so when you get banned your IP address get's banned as well. Doesn't that mean you cant make another account, even with a new email address?

Guest CandyGirl89

I have no idea, I found it randomly when I looked up 'sad kpop gifs' :lol:

And I don't understand why the admins cant make it so when you get banned your IP address get's banned as well. Doesn't that mean you cant make another account, even with a new email address?

Even if your ip is banned you can use proxies. I got banned on this one forum like 10 times. My ip was even banned but if i use a proxy and make a new account i can go right back to what i was doing.

Guest LittlePinky82

I'm not too surprised it happened. There's a lot of stupid stuff on there. I got fed up a while back and just had to leave. It was good for me in the bigger picture. I do miss some of the artist threads on there and such. I wonder what will happen. I heard something about them reinventing the forum? If they were stricter on rules maybe it wouldn't be so bad. 

Yesterday I asked in that 'ask a mod' thread why are 2NE1- bashing thread always opened and it doesn't happen with other artists. Ninja replied me with a long message, I don't remember all of it but he said something like 'I'm not able to sit here 24/7, if I'd see a bashing I'd close it.[..] I don't take threads from craptastic seriously'

Yes but if it's SNSD-bashing thread then he's on 6theory and closing it ASAP. And there's no difference if it's in the crapper or in music. bashing thread is a bashing thread.

lol, I just searched '6theory' on twitter, I guess some people will never change. :rolleyes: If Johnny plans to activate the forum again - he should ban some of the users. Users that haven't been banned because of friendship with mods, it's rather sure most of them won't change.

Guest Thaimasterz

6theory died like three mouths ago everybody just left i don't think it will be the same :(

Agreed. It has been pretty boring for a while compared to past periods...but its still better than the alternatives imo

btw thai.

What was your confession you were going to say? I never got to read it :[

Lol I still don't wanna say it yet because there is still a small chance that 6theory will stay open.

Archived