[Soompi Debate] Plastic Surgery; Love it or Hate it?

Guest PDURRR

I'm loving the posts so far soompiers =)

As long as it's making the person happy and not hurting anybody I believe.. TBH, I support plastic surgery, not a lot of people are aware at how the pressure is on some people. A lot of them even blatantly refuse to understand it somehow.

A bit OT:

Too bad some surgeons have their own idea of beauty; I'm not really sure if the surgeon knows best, but whatever. (sigh) :tears:

Guest Atlantis4Eva

Do we have the right to judge people for their actions?

If a person is unhappy about their looks, so unhappy that they can't live their lives properly, then shouldn't they be allowed the right to change?

People have their reasons for doing things.

i'm not against it but i'm not entirely for it either. i believe plastic surgery like beauty products are for ENHANCEMENT purposes. however if a person completely changes his or her look for whatever reason i wouldn't judge (at least i'll try not to). it's your body, do what you want with it. none of my business

Guest paintyourxtarget

Although I would hardly liken a piercing or tattoo to breast augmentation or rhinoplasty, I couldn't care less what others do. Whatever makes you happy is what makes you happy :|

Guest kookiekrazy

I don't really like the idea of plastic surgery. Why? Most people that do it really do not need it and pointlessly endanger their well-being. Plastic surgery can definitely mess up someone's face/body permanently and it's just cheating imo. I can understand a person getting it done after being hurt in an accident or in an assault, but it really shouldn't be done for people who just want to be closer to their ideal. People need to learn to accept themselves. 

Guest ilytopgd

Guys say they like natural beauties. What if you are naturally "unattractive"? Honestly speaking, most guys would prefer a girl who is pretty having enhanced her features through plastic surgery than a girl who is naturally unattractive.

I think its hypocritical for someone to be against plastic surgery when they themselves would prefer a pretty girl/boy over an "ugly" one. Its societys unfair norms that define someone as ugly so saying plastic surgery is a bad thing is really ironic..

Just my 2 cents.

If you're an adult and you're at the age to make a conscious decision and plastic surgery is something that you want to do then fine, but if you are an undeveloped child going under the knife then that is just not right. It bothers me so much when i hear about girls my age and younger getting double eyelid surgery or nose jobs or even boob jobs(yes there is a story about a 16 year old girl getting breast implants).

Guest StandingWayward

It's your choice what you do with your body. You can get a tattoo, a piercing, and nobody can deny you that. You can wear makeup, you can wear no makeup. You can wear heels, you can dye your hair.

You can alter you appearance by plastic surgery as well, if you want.

I don't care; if you are a nice person I'll like you all the same.

If I had the money I might even do it myself:)

Guest Killing-Machine

I, personally, do not like plastic surgery.

I won't shun a person for doing it however, but I won't be exactly the biggest fan.

If a girl feels insecure about her looks and decides to get plastic surgery, then it's ok. It's her choice, it doesn't affect me.

However, when a girl or a guy get tons of surgeries all over their faces and bodies, then I think it's too much. They get too addicted to it and just constantly turn to surgery if they find a flaw on their body.

I would never do it. I would never be able to accept it if my sisters or friends decided to do it either. I think everyone has their own charm even if many don't think they do. You should embrace yourself instead of altering your appearance.

Guest tinatran_

I don't like the idea of being in the operating room and under a knife, which is the main reason why I don't like (plastic) surgery. I'm not one to judge another person if they decide whether or not they get plastic surgery anyways. If it makes them happier in the end, that's completely fine with me. Just don't go bragging to other people, saying things like "I have money to get a surgery done and you don't" or "I look better than you".

If it's a situation like if you spend hundreds of dollars on makeup to contour or highlight parts of your face to look slimmer or to achieve an effect you want, the person might as well stop buying those products (since makeup and the tools altogether are pretty expensive) and go to a permanent(?) solution. If that makes any sense at all to everyone else. :vicx:

Guest fred2265

Plastic surgery should be just for those with disfiguring ailments. The time and effort of trained surgeons should not be wasted on vanity work.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest yum-o!

I mean... I guess if I couldn't stand the way I look every day, I would get it. But that's only after trying new hairstyles, losing weight, etc.

My philosophy is that you wear your parents' faces on your face, and personally I love my mom and dad, so I don't want to reconstruct the face they gave me.

I would also love to meet someone who loves me the way I was born, despite my flaws.

So unless I get in some kind of freak accident that drastically affects my appearance, I don't think I'll be getting plastic surgery anytime soon. *knocks on wood*

So in short, I'm not against plastic surgery... It's just not for me.

Archived