[Drama 2012] Love Rain / Love Rides the Rain 사랑비

s@nbi

I just wanted to add in that I'm super glad people are liking this drama more and more.  

@baduy is especially doing a tremendous job with a bunch of explanations and history lessons. I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way but man, your posts are long! Takes me a while to look through.

I kinda felt like doing a little analysis but I think everything was pretty explanatory, except maybe the

In Ha going to jail (which was clarified a couple of pages back).

Weird how Hye Jung juuuust started to have a little something for Chang Mo and then... we don't know

Also, I know we all know the kids are played by the same actors, but wow imagine if you didn't read up on this? I don't think there was any indication shown. Imagine the people who didn't know the quick synopsis of this? 

@ainiix -yeah I just go to mediumquality.blogspot.ca and look for them in the comments. I think they are from dramafever

Anyway I hope everyone here keeps enjoying it. I hope the present time is as great as the past. I really need to hear some context for all the missing years worth of juicy plot of our now older characters.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Word of advice:  Whenever I find Baduy's comments, I copy and save it into my own folder.  So, when I want to refer back to the comment(s), as I'm watching, I don't have to search through the thread to find them. :)

noted! sounds like a good piece of advice, thank you!

it's true that Baduy's comments can be taken as a reference & are worthy to be saved 

just a word about Yoona's acting. to be honest, I don't like her at all. she was the reason why I couldn't watch Cinderella Man though I love Kwon SangWoo. but let's be objective, it's true that I started this for the sake of Jang Geun Suk but this far, I have nothing to say about Yoona's acting. the girl has been doing just fine. she still lacks experience but she obviously improved

. . . just finished all 4 episodes and i cant still hear my heartbeat pounding in my ears . . . i'm already falling falling so deeply in love with this drama . . . not only with the story but the whole package itself - from the cinematography to the soundtracks to slow pacing of the 70's, ahhh i just cannot explain it all . . . i am telling myself that i just have to go back to SK in autumn again . . .

Guest timpa

Gonna miss Seo In Gook since it doesn't look like he has a son in the 'future version' who will be appearing. He was like a 70s version of Sam Song Dong from Dream High. I have to wonder if the ratings for the 70s version were low and the show has gotten off to a slow start because there's already another drama airing in the same time slot for a few months now that featured singers in the same time period. So some of the possible audience who may enjoy that type of setting is already watching MBC. Maybe the more typical modern drama will see an upswing in ratings.

I hope so... because I'd love for more people to see Yoona and realize she's improving as an actress. I thought the emotional/grief filled scenes from the 70s were really touching. I'm intrigued to see what the ending to the drama is and if the Yoon-Hee and In-Sa(adult versions) meet up again. Could be awkward if your children are dating each other.

Word of advice:  Whenever I find Baduy's comments, I copy and save it into my own folder.  So, when I want to refer back to the comment(s), as I'm watching, I don't have to search through the thread to find them. :)

Wow nice suggestion, I for one bookmarked the pages .. :D

And I may add to your reading guys for some blogs that follow sarangbi:

Loverain in tumblr

LoveRain blogspot (for recaps and quotes)

recaps of our fellow soompier, tessieroo

I got this photo from sarangbi tumblr and the blogger asked an interesting question (which I am directly addressing to sir baduy , because that classroom scenario raised by tessieroo was insightful :D )

There is this particular scene that tickled me, I am not sure what exactly is this, but is this a kind of posted random messages on a cork board ?

531800_358096354233995_235769156466716_77146438_2030491325_n.jpg

ohhcee explained that shot with the corkboard in a posting some time back now.

You used to see the same sort of thing in cafes and back-street restaurants frequented by students in Paris until email and then cellphones arrived. "Regulars" could leave notes for other "regulars" to pick up on their next visit.

The French version of this grew out of the (now equally long defunct) practice in small French eateries, where students, and neighborhood resident bachelors with no-one to cook for them, would take "subscriptions" to eat all their daily meals, where everyone who had a meal subscription was assigned a pigeon-hole containing a linen napkin. You took your napkin from the pigeon hole when you arrived and folded it and put it back there when you left. From time to time the restaurant owner would send all the napkins to the laundry. These pigeon holes were also used for sending messages to other regulars, and this aspect was transferred to a cork pinboard when disposable paper napkins took over

Of course, that wouldn't happen in Korea, because table napkins aren't part of traditional Korean eating routines. (That's why Kdrama Cinderella brides sent on crash etiquette courses by their chaebol mothers-in-law have to be taught what a napkin is and what to do with it.) Instead, the corresponding down-market eateries in Korea have those rolls of toilet paper on the wall which so disconcert unprepared foreigners.

I got this photo from sarangbi tumblr and the blogger asked an interesting question 

*quoted image*

@beedeepee - isn't that a lovely, romantic (though old-fashioned) way to communicate? biggrin.gif Actually WRITING something with a pen/pencil and paper and leaving it on a cork-board? Gaaahhhh! I think that's another reason why I love that coffee shop they gather in. 

Oh, talked to my auntie again and she mentioned a cute US tradition that I found charming. Gum-wrapper chains! These were big.  It was a combination of students being "litter" conscious on campus with gum wrappers and gave them something to do while sitting in classes. (Ahahaha, why weren't they taking notes? She didn't really answer that one) Here are some pics:

valentines-0632.jpg

4165364632_73c13bd5a1.jpg

And a blog explanation on how to make one:

http://www.gumwrapper.com/build.htm 

@darkdragon88 - I noticed the reactions on Hye Jung's face with Chang Mo too! I did wonder if she was developing feelings for him or if maybe that was just showing how much she cares for her friends. (instead of making her 100% evil - we might see a human side to her) I need much more background on this girl before I give her a pass for the crap she pulled. mad.gif Can't wait for the current day Hye Jung (along with all the other older characters)  

Yep, I saw those conflicting emotions on HJ's face too but once she confessed her crush on IH - I put that all out of my mind! It was brought back up again watching the scene where she brings CM some things to help him while he's on the run. So I'm not sure if that was her maybe having feelings for CM or just being worried about him as a friend? 

The huge jumps back/forth between all the characters in their crushes or relationships gave me whiplash. With the exception of IH and YH which might be the writers way of letting us know that these two are the only "serious" couple? I don't know. I am looking forward to more background on all of them but since we've now moved to present day we might only get to know them in flashbacks OR we might not get much background at all. 

EDIT:

semi-fly, I just sent a text to my aunt asking for her thoughts on HJ and CM (since she's now watching this too) and the "whiplash" relationship changes. She sent me back just a link. To the American 70's hit: "Love The One You're With" Ahahahahaha!

"And if you can't be with the one you love...honey, love the one you're with" laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH3ruuml-R4

(which touched her deeply (I'm picturing the Grinch and the subsequent scene of his heart growing 4x its normal size :D)).

Sadly If I extend that kind of logic to In Ha and Yoon Hee it doesn't quite work the same way, for them it was pretty much the cliched 'love at first sight' bit. What make it a more believable cliche is that it doesn't seem forced, it's very much framed into that 'storybook' way we all kind of perceive our first loves (though I'm sure people will disagree with that).

Perfect way to describe the look on her face! She first looked shocked and then touched. biggrin.gif If you haven't seen EP 4 yet, you'll have to let me know what you make of the scene between her & CM as she watches him run off towards the end. (and the hug) I was left very confused about how she feels about him. (but brushed it off as her just being worried about a friend) Which makes the coming story VERY confusing. I keep asking WHY In Ha marries Hye Jung if he believes Yoon Hee is coming back and they still love each other. I'm also now asking WHY Hye Jung would marry In Ha if she indeed has feelings for CM!!! laugh.gif Everyone confused yet? *hee* 

More reasons for me to keep watching, I have to see flashbacks of the past in order to figure all of this out. 

What is it about first loves that has K-dramas (and Japanese dramas too) so obsessed? phew.gif

I love reading the posts here and as tessierro says why did In Ha married Jung Hye, we have to wait and see.

But why they got divorced? Two reasons could be:

1. JH realized that no matter what she does she can't have In Ha's heart/love.

2. In Ha never painted a portrait of her

Guest jdkk09

What excellent advice because I have often found myself doing just that.  Thanks!

Guest -quiescent

I'm finding myself really looking forward to the older actors! And of course the younger generation <3

2012's Lee Dong Wook

ib1ua2IARIEyP5.jpg

Lee Dong Wook + Seo In Ha

ibfRZg1MBEOAS.jpg

C'est La Vie Trio

i1LSf0ytmWcZX.jpg

[iNFO] KBS World will begin to air Love Rain with English subs on 16th April 2012,

every mondays and tuesdays at 10pm KST

Billboard of “Love Rain” in Cannes, France during MIP

fvZ3W.jpg

Jq7y6.jpg

Z66WS.jpg

cr annyeongsapphireblue.tumblr

Yoonhee & Hana: Mother & Daughter ♥

Ap2k4RcCAAA3YNc.jpg

credit @kimkyochon

These two look cute~ Kim Young Kwang & Yoona - Love Rain Filming

ibw1ED8dlyfdpF.jpg

cr: camed

Guest jdkk09

@ tesserio /quote Oh, talked to my auntie again and she mentioned a cute US tradition that I found charming. Gum-wrapper chains! These were big.  It was a combination of students being "litter" conscious on campus with gum wrappers and gave them something to do while sitting in classes./quote

OMG I completely forgot about doing this when we were in school until I saw your post.  We even made them into rings to give to our friends or boyfriends that we liked.  Everyone seemed to chew Wrigley's Gum back in the day.  Thanks for the memory.  

Archived