[Drama 2012] Love Rain / Love Rides the Rain 사랑비

s@nbi

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest prettyoungthing

Excited for Episode 17. Its like the turning point for the parents-children love story. What saddens me is if the last four (4) episodes are enough to thresh out all conflicts that existed without it appearing as rushed and open-ended.

At any rate, i've enjoyed this drama to the hilt, and i'm so anticipating YoonA's next venture into acting as Love Rain gave her acting ability a new phase, a resurgence of sorts, and i do hope the learnings she gained from her partner Jang Geun Suk, and from the veteran actors & actresses helped her in the future.

As for JGS, i've always been a fan of his ability as an actor. He is one of those gifted with such sensibilities, hence despite the surge of newbies, Sukkie definitely has his stamped well sealed in Korean Entertainment.

Lastly, i do hope that the friendship Yoong & JGS had forged thru this drama remains even after they go their separate ways.

201205201245052510_1.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20120520n06012

Guest Asianatic

I wonder if Joon's mom will physically harm Hana in a fit of rage? When Hana got hurt (elbow got cut) Joon went into shock and couldn't handle it. Does this mean something will happen to Hana? His friend explains to Hana that Joon couldn't bear to see her hurt and so he ran away. I am so scared of what Joon's mom will do. To lose her son to the daughter of the woman who stole her husband ( according to her ) ......She's going to lose it. There is going to be a tragedy......I can feel it. 

I really enjoyed this drama. It was so nice to see JGS in a really romantic role. I am not a fan of Yoona....I don't really know her not having watched her other dramas but she held her own. I like her chemistry with the actor who plays her mom. They really seem like mom and daughter. 

kat_t - I got to give the title "noona killers" because I remember reading the admission of JKS that he loved two women in his life and didn't he say they were a bit older than him? Nothing wrong since when one falls in love, you forget age and just fall and fall hard.  He will do well with Tiffany in a drama but I doubt if this will happen. I did not watch JKS drama with KHNeul as I really saw no chemistry. She looks matured for him or rather, he looks too young for her. 

The SM Town guys are already here and this morning Suju fans, the ELFs are meeting for their practice and meet up and I have two friends attending. I could have gone but I have much to do so skipped it. Tomorrow, I am of course watching and hope to go there early.  I have good seats as I paid the 2nd highest priced tickets but during the first day of sale by Ticketmaster, there was a made scramble to buy. I hope my seats are really good otherwise, I can always depend on my big binoculars that I am bringing to take a good look at Yoona.

The preview of epi 17 is great. But dramas are dramas and while I know giddy moments of the young lovers are back, I know blue moments may be back again and I hope I will not need my box of kleenex nearby.  I still hope that the ending ala Winter Sonata will be it, meaning the lead pair ends happily together. The writer is known for her sad stories and I hope that LR will be an exception.  I also hope JKS will get more rom-com projects. He strikes me as someone really mischievous, playful, naughty, eccentric but not weird (esp in fashion style) but has his feet well grounded. He probably has the best business manager as it is reported he owns the most expensive condo in Seoul. In a nutshell, he strikes me as someone enjoying his fame and fortune to the hilt!

Yes, JKS may seem like a playboy as he is very comfortable around women, but he has only admitted dating 2 women for a couple of years and both are older than him. He is really a "noona killer", his female fans are mainly noonas, ajummas and I have seen clips of his female friends saying he is very popular among noonas. He is attracted to very feminine women like Soo Ae. In the past, he is always being paired up with older women like Han ji won, Sung yu ri, Lee Ji Ah and recently Kim Haneul. Now, I am glad he is paired up with female leads who are younger or same age as him. I prefer him with female leads that are around his age, as i think they looked great together. I like him with Park Shin Hye, Moon Geun Young and now Yoona. Hopefully, he will continue to get to work with good actresses that are around his age group. And someone mentioned Shu Qi, if it happens, i think he will be happy. He seems to like her as an actress too.

I heard Yoona will not attend SMTown concert because Love Rain is behind schedule. I heard Yuri might not go because of Fashion King too.

The preview looks great. I wonder if Joon's mom really saw them together? I would think Joon will be the one to make her mother change her mind. I hope he will not give in since he tries so hard to get Ha Na back to him. His mom might be obsessed with hating Yoon Hee, but i think she still listens to his son. At least, Joon is able to convince her not to sack Yoon Hee. I wonder when did Yoon Hee know about them dating? Who told her? She seems really glad that her daughter is happy. I hope that now she knows the truth, she will understand that why In Ha was forced to make a decision that will make her sad. The parents are really very nice. I hope that even if they cannot be together, they can still be together as friends.

I love JKS rom-com projects but i hope he will not choose a rom-com project as his next project as i would like to see him tackle different roles. He is able to earn so much is because he owns his own company. Everything he earns goes to him and not the company. But of course, he has to pay all the expenses as well. This is why he cannot stop working. He is the only artiste in Tree J, if he stops working, he cannot pay his staffs.

Guest Tarits

nus_711 - thank you for your very informative post and for clarifying that yes, JKS is a noon killer. A tag I use with love for those who are really noona killers (like MYChun of JYJ)

I never knew that he owns the talent agency that he represents. Well, he will really rake in a lot (just like my fave Yoon Eun Hye) since everything goes to one pocket - his! I am so glad to know this.  I like rom-coms though and I particularly liked this drama because Yoona is young and around his age as you said.  My friends upon learning that JKS is a favorite of mine and I even tagged him as "My current flavor of the month" have all suggested that I watch his other projects. I have seen a few but the very first one I watched and which dvd I bought was YABeautiful. JKS can act well unlike some younger actors. But I am particularly attracted to him coz inspite of his playful image, he strikes me really as a happy and sensible young man. The incident today with a fan is unfortunate and I quite agree that gifts should only be handed to his manager.  There are wackos out there and you will never know what they may do. Never mind if they are just stalkers but some can really be wackos!

Oh I was hoping to take a good look at Yoona since a friend said she really is pretty in person. I have seen SNSD two years again when SM talents performed here but I never gave particular attention to Yoona until now.  I guess you are right that she will not make it to join the trip. Love Rain will be followed by Gong Yoo's drama so they have to meet the filming schedule. 

I hope JKS one day come to my City and do a show too or a fanmeet. That will make me very happy. And then I will see "ahjumma squad" coming in full force to meet and greet him!

Love Rain - pour out the mightiest rain of love for JKS and Yoona!

I'm so happy to see that couple (smiling myselfwub.gif)

about yoonhee, I don"t think she will dye because of her illness, maybe she just lost her sight. but it's on the writer, the character can dye on accidentsweatingbullets.gif.

Just hope no one will dye and of course THE HAPPY ENDING

LOVE RAIN FIGHTING !!! ( don't care about the rating phew.gif)

I'm so happy to see that couple (smiling myself*quoted image*)

about yoonhee, I don"t think she will dye because of her illness, maybe she just lost her sight. but it's on the writer, the character can dye on accident*quoted image*.

Just hope no one will dye and of course THE HAPPY ENDING

LOVE RAIN FIGHTING !!! ( don't care about the rating *quoted image*)

i dont think they care about it either

the show has been shown internationally. im sure they have earned substantially from the sales.

right now because of hallyu wave, local ratings are not that important factor anymore. the rest of the world knows of kstars. the international market is so vast as compared to local. but being said that they do not totally disregard the home market, but would not be too worried of the poor ratings.

Guest mind.love

OMG. Thank you so much for the preview!

I got teary watching the preview and smiling so much. I want to enjoy the happiness and light story before all s*** hit the fan again.

nus_711 - thank you for your very informative post and for clarifying that yes, JKS is a noon killer. A tag I use with love for those who are really noona killers (like MYChun of JYJ)

I never knew that he owns the talent agency that he represents. Well, he will really rake in a lot (just like my fave Yoon Eun Hye) since everything goes to one pocket - his! I am so glad to know this.  I like rom-coms though and I particularly liked this drama because Yoona is young and around his age as you said.  My friends upon learning that JKS is a favorite of mine and I even tagged him as "My current flavor of the month" have all suggested that I watch his other projects. I have seen a few but the very first one I watched and which dvd I bought was YABeautiful. JKS can act well unlike some younger actors. But I am particularly attracted to him coz inspite of his playful image, he strikes me really as a happy and sensible young man. The incident today with a fan is unfortunate and I quite agree that gifts should only be handed to his manager.  There are wackos out there and you will never know what they may do. Never mind if they are just stalkers but some can really be wackos!

Oh I was hoping to take a good look at Yoona since a friend said she really is pretty in person. I have seen SNSD two years again when SM talents performed here but I never gave particular attention to Yoona until now.  I guess you are right that she will not make it to join the trip. Love Rain will be followed by Gong Yoo's drama so they have to meet the filming schedule. 

I hope JKS one day come to my City and do a show too or a fanmeet. That will make me very happy. And then I will see "ahjumma squad" coming in full force to meet and greet him!

Love Rain - pour out the mightiest rain of love for JKS and Yoona!

Yes, he is a good actor. His other works show that he can tackle different roles, but think You’re Beautiful is still his best. JKS may seem to be crazy and arrogant to non fans but he is a sensible person. When his family went bankrupt; his mom forced him to shoot an undergarment CM. His friends teased him but he told himself that he should not care, while his friends are still taking money from their parents; he has helped to earn enough money to support his whole family for a year. I think he is very mature.

Yah, I am glad he owns Tree J. Starting working at age of 5, he learned to hide his emotions and feelings for fear of scolding from adults. Hence, he said he is not a robot and does not want to be treated like one anymore. He wants to be able to say his thoughts and does the things he wants which is why he set up Tree J. Tree J may not be the best agency, they make mistakes, but like he said, he is young, he wants to be able to make mistakes and learn from them. I envy his fearless attitude and I like that he is a very hardworking young man.

In a TV show, he was asked to write words to himself 10 years later, he wrote:

Keun Suk Ah, after walking so far until here, are you still ok? Thank you for your hard work! Are you tired? How can you feel annoyed so soon? Until death, you got to keep going on! Together with your fans, If you dare to pretend sick, you’re dead for sure!

Looks like I wrote too much about JKS which I think many are not so interested since this is a drama thread so let me go back to discussing Love Rain.

I don’t think Yoon Hee is going to die although PD Yoon’s works love to make his characters suffer. The doctor only mentioned about her getting blind and nothing more so if her condition is more serious, I think they would have mentioned. I hope in the end, no one dies. I don’t want IH and YH to suffer anymore.

I love the picture of Joon cooking. But I was thinking was it a bit out of character? He seems to be a bit spoilt brat type and I really cannot imagine him knowing or trying to learn how to cook a good dish. Still, it was a super sweet gesture.

The last scene both of them seems to be sitting outside and getting drenched. Ha Na loves rain as she knows her mom’s love story. Joon hates rain but I can see him changing a little more every time he spends more time with HN. 4 more eps, i am so eager to know the ending and yet very sad that this drama will end soon. Hopefully the DVD will come soon and include all the BTS and extra scenes.

Guest mind.love

It was raining right? At the end of the preview? I was happy to see that it rained. I think every time it rained on an episode, it was good.

And...ow. I just read on Soompi front page taking a jab at Love Rain. I have to admit, I have come attach to this drama so any negatives I feel really richard simmons out about it.

And yes I will mostly get this on DVD.

Guest eeldeerlove

It was raining right? At the end of the preview? I was happy to see that it rained. I think every time it rained on an episode, it was good.

And...ow. I just read on Soompi front page taking a jab at Love Rain. I have to admit, I have come attach to this

drama so any negatives I feel really richard simmons.

Same here. I dunno why they are always poiting out that ratings issue. Its sickening and annoying.

Guest Davd

Love Rain is the BEST DRAMA EVER!!!! This kind of drama is hard to find nowadays and that is why Love Rain is soo SPECIAL n EXCELLENT!! It is full of suspence and laughter!!!

I was very curious to know if the Future In Ha and Yoon Hee would finally be together or will they will be ill-fated with Love like their parents!! Starting from episode 5 it is sooo FUNNY and different from the 1970s but I LOVE BOTH the settings in a diiferent way.In 1970s it was soo romantic and interesting.

Love Rain will definitely get MILLIONS OF AWARDS!!!!.

And...ow. I just read on Soompi front page taking a jab at Love Rain. I have to admit, I have come attach to this drama so any negatives I feel really richard simmons out about it.

I feel the same way. I like LR very much for reasons I can't explain. It's different. I am currently only watching this one. The other dramas haven't sparked my interest. The hell with the ratings! What age group are they basing that data on?!?

Guest prettyoungthing

@mind.love --- More an editorial based on pure opinion by the writer. Its full of crap, and i guess the JAB is directed at YoonA, but factually it runs counter to most K-Articles praising the acting of Yoong as well as the others. It makes me wonder what is the legitimacy of such article? Its too much exercise of the right to freedom of expression, when what is written are so misleading and without basis but relies solely on personal thoughts and observations that can in a way destroy something good.

However, i love how diverse the comments, it shows that LOVE RAIN has embedded itself to the consciousness of its viewers, hence despite that article, Love Rain, the Casts & PD Staff has nothing to worry cause many are standing up and making their voices heard for and in behalf of this drama.

~ sorry to cut your posts:

~ hmmmm, i've been looking for that article that you said and i found it . . . yeah, they really bash it real hard <_< but then who cares . . . i know that this drama seems like old k-drama formula being a melodrama but i miss this kind of style . . . it seems that now, the trend are mostly rom-com, saeguk, saeguk fusion with time travels and many more - this only reflects the korean public's now varied tastes . . . but to me nothing beats good old teary eyed dramas that quench your heart really really hard (that sometimes even you as an audience cannot function well in your daily life because of the the heavy and heady feeling of what's going to happen to your OTP) . . . that's why before, i used to watch this kind of dramas in complete sets as to satisfy my emotional turmoil and angst in a marathon run . . . so, i really miss this kind of stories and this is the first time that i have watched a melo in live airing without subs too :lol:

I feel the same way. I like LR very much for reasons I can't explain. It's different. I am currently only watching this one. The other dramas haven't sparked my interest. The hell with the ratings! What age group are they basing that data on?!?

~ yeah H3LL with ratings!!! i'm with you there . . . honestly, i kind of slow down a bit on my other drama now cause i can't seem to focus on it . . . LR occupies my mind - on what's going to happen and what's not . . . . my predictions each episodes seems to be always off (mostly :P ) . . . my friends and I agree with you, too!!!

@mind.love --- More an editorial based on pure opinion by the writer. Its full of crap, and i guess the JAB is directed at YoonA, but factually it runs counter to most K-Articles praising the acting of Yoong as well as the others. It makes me wonder what is the legitimacy of such article? Its too much exercise of the right to freedom of expression, when what is written are so misleading and without basis but relies solely on personal thoughts and observations that can in a way destroy something good.

However, i love how diverse the comments, it shows that LOVE RAIN has embedded itself to the consciousness of its viewers, hence despite that article, Love Rain, the Casts & PD Staff has nothing to worry cause many are standing up and making their voices heard for and in behalf of this drama.

~ yep, discussion here is really diverse . . . and i love reading all the comments here . . . and, this makes me wonder sometimes about TOO MUCH FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION . . . sometimes these things can really go overboard

Guest getoba

I think the bad opinions who ruins the most the appeal of love rain for the international viewers is the bad opinions of dramabeans with javabeans and girlfriday. Even before the airing of this drama they do bad comments on yoona and the drama. Unfortunately a lot of people follow the opinion of dramabeans. despite all the quality of the drama after 16 episodes there are not article on this dramas in dramabeans blog to said they are made a mistake to bad critics this drama only after 2 episodes.

Guest prettyoungthing

@getoba --- True, but despite that many similarly international sites/blogsites took the cudgels for Love Rain, and did their recaps, reviews, features, subbings/translations, and quick uploads of episodes week per week, thus making dramabeans a minority or immaterial.

I don't know anything about dramabeans, but there is no monopoly when it comes to influencing patronage of KDramas. What this site failed to do for Love Rain other sites took over such as DRAMAFEVER, KIMCHIDRAMA, MYSOJU, etc... From these sites, Love Rain's popularity internationally zoomed.

Sarangbi Music Sheet shared by loverain official page

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

If only I know how to play piano hehehe :lol:

Excited for Episode 17. Its like the turning point for the parents-children love story. What saddens me is if the last four (4) episodes are enough to thresh out all conflicts that existed without it appearing as rushed and open-ended.

At any rate, i've enjoyed this drama to the hilt, and i'm so anticipating YoonA's next venture into acting as Love Rain gave her acting ability a new phase, a resurgence of sorts, and i do hope the learnings she gained from her partner Jang Geun Suk, and from the veteran actors & actresses helped her in the future.

As for JGS, i've always been a fan of his ability as an actor. He is one of those gifted with such sensibilities, hence despite the surge of newbies, Sukkie definitely has his stamped well sealed in Korean Entertainment.

Lastly, i do hope that the friendship Yoong & JGS had forged thru this drama remains even after they go their separate ways.

*quoted image*

http://news.nate.com/view/20120520n06012

the picture of Joon cooking for Hana :wub:

wonder they're at whose house... hahaha :lol:

after seeing ep17 preview, I love seeing how Joon and Hana are smiling back again ^_^

he's happy and she's happy... the backhug... awww... :wub:

cant wait for the tomorrow :w00t:

I love the picture that JGS took with Yoona. it's so sad that he actually refrain himself to take pictures with Yoona (well of course because of the fans) when he can actually dont have to... love his mischievous tongue pose XD *now using it as my new avatar :P*

-edit-

@getoba --- True, but despite that many similarly international sites/blogsites took the cudgels for Love Rain, and did their recaps, reviews, features, subbings/translations, and quick uploads of episodes week per week, thus making dramabeans a minority or immaterial.

I don't know anything about dramabeans, but there is no monopoly when it comes to influencing patronage of KDramas. What this site failed to do for Love Rain other sites took over such as DRAMAFEVER, KIMCHIDRAMA, MYSOJU, etc... From these sites, Love Rain's popularity internationally zoomed.

I'm so agreeing with you. what have the main kdrama blogs have left, is being picked up by others which make this drama still have a great feedback from the international viewers.

for example, just take a look at our thread itself. it already moving up so fast and every time the airing of this drama on monday and tuesday, the views increase and people that came to this thread suddenly become high because they want the live-updates from the frequent posters here. that definitely show something right? and sooner this thread will reach it 100 pages. hehe :D

I'm so

Archived