[Drama 2012] Love Rain / Love Rides the Rain 사랑비

s@nbi

Guest DorkDork

;)

I hope this drama is 24eps instead of 20 (but I am afraid they will cut it to 20 eps if it is 24 eps, just like what Channel A did to Kpop ultimate survival, the drama has become a rubbish, so so sad, cuz all of the fans were/are so disappointed). Hence I hope it will turn the same with this one.

Its always been stated as 20 on all the korean websites right from the start.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone :) ive just watched episode 11, it was very sweet and quite sad. I really love the show , the main couple are sooo adorable . Yoona has really improved, i remember watching her drama your my destiny at that time i didnt know she was from GG lol its after i found out she was but somehow i really like her as an actress then a singer. I think she's a pretty good actress then a singer (although i havent really heard her do any solo), her and JG make an adorable couple. Seems like hana will have another guy after her lol. at least SJ will realise that he cant just let her go >3. Im totally inlove with the doctor he is soooo cute ,im really glad he doesnt see hana romantically and i hope it continues that way . Like someone mention i think he suits being their guardian angle /cupid to the couple then anything more .

I like that the young Doc (aish forgot his name) does not have any romantic feelings toward Hana. I hope he stay that way too. I thought he'd be the second guy like his father (history repeating), Thank youuuuuu PD (or else it's like watchin rerun only different setting).

IH and YH cannot get married... If they got married, there's no way SJ and Hana can ever be together (even after their parents die), I think for korean Sibling by blood or law are the same. How can they live together as donseng and hyeong when they already exchanged saliva?... Hehehe (I still kenot get over the hot kiss.. Tell you the truth I repeat the kissing part everyday... YES no need to guess.. i yem a pervert... Tru an tru...)..

So it's either mom and dad happiness or children..... my guess would be it's SJ and Hana's .....

We have to choose.. I wonder how many on parents ship?... I yem with the youngsters... Who else with me in the ship?

this is fun . . . why don't we have vote on which of the two couple will end up together?

i also choose SJ-HN :w00t: . . . but we have to give IH-YH time to properly close their story ;)

Halima ~ i also love SunHo (the young doctor) . . . he's a guardian angel for HN

Guest leokoo

Hehehehehe... already laughing at the answer I am gonna type.

Well, then the biological father must have the same feature/face with In Ha... or :o may be because HJ is soooooooooooo crazy of IH the feature so sorta embedded onto SJ .. kekekekke..

Hahaha – Please forgive me for laughing at the idea... :P

I believe IH is the real father of SJ (that the reason JGS acted in as father and son because they need the same face).

I read somewhere that it is suppose to be a 24 eps drama and the elder love story should take up to 6th episode but with the low rating they need to quickly bring in the “new generation” story. So I think this is where the missing part is... I mean how IH and HJ got married? And I believe it’s a short gun marriage.

HJ was pregnant with IH child so no choice he had to get married to her thinking that eventually he might love her... Errr... with such character who can love HJ??????

How can HJ end up pregnant with IH child? This has to be – IH was drunk and then HJ took advantage of the whole situation and slept with IH and she was lucky (kekekekek one time can already got pregnant Wahhhh!!! :w00t: ).

Ha ha. Good ideas. I hope they will turn into competitor. They fight for their love for mother.

Oh Dear, I hope I didn't offend you :sweatingbullets: ... BTW - In korean drama you can think anything... so it's not wrong to think that maybe IH is not SJ biological father. I hope you would post more about what you think... I like reading all possibilities. It's not your bad but my bad

Of course not. Was just wishful thinking!

I like that the young Doc (aish forgot his name) does not have any romantic feelings toward Hana. I hope he stay that way too. I thought he'd be the second guy like his father (history repeating), Thank youuuuuu PD (or else it's like watchin rerun only different setting).

IH and YH cannot get married... If they got married, there's no way SJ and Hana can ever be together (even after their parents die), I think for korean Sibling by blood or law are the same. How can they live together as donseng and hyeong when they already exchanged saliva?... Hehehe (I still kenot get over the hot kiss.. Tell you the truth I repeat the kissing part everyday... YES no need to guess.. i yem a pervert... Tru an tru...)..

So it's either mom and dad happiness or children..... my guess would be it's SJ and Hana's .....

We have to choose.. I wonder how many on parents ship?... I yem with the youngsters... Who else with me in the ship?

Thats kinda sad , as long as IN and YH dont have any kids i dont see why both couples cant stay tougether but if you say it like that, i guess either one of the parents pass away or they just decide to let go of each other . I think i prefer one of the parents passing away ,it 'd be soo cruel to sacrafice their love for the sake of their children . IH only ever truly had YH in his heart vice vera , as much as i want SJ and HN to be tougether i feel really bad for the older couple . I really hope they give a satisfying ending to the old couples love.

Guest omgitscrystal

Ah! I'm with you for the youngsters as well. As much as I want InHa and YoonHee to end up together, since they're already endured so much hardships over the past years not able to get together and be in love with one another.... I really do want Joon and HaNa. I really like them together and we all know that the are in love. Like what Joon told Hana, he feel like he's a different person every time he spends time with her. You can see how special this love is :wub:

It's kind of predictable that Joon and HaNa will eventually end up together (though sometimes i still pray that they wouldn't be ill-fated again) but for Inha and Yoon Hee, none of us is sure. They might get married or YoonHee might end up dying due to her illness or maybe other things might happen. We're not sure for it. I wonder IF they really get together, would it still affect Joon and HaNa's relationship?

Geez, I really want episode 13 to come quickly. I'm so impatient and I need more more more more.....

TaeSung, Chang Mo's newphew, HyeJung... all the obstacles that's gonna come together.

Oh btw, I really like the drinking buddies. They're cute together lmao - HaNa and SunHo

What will eventually happen...is in the hands of the producers. I really hope they come out with something new, something unique, something unexpected but yet I hope the ending they came out with is a lovely and pleasant one. For quite a long time, I've not seen dramas with a fantastic ending. Producers, please make a wonderful one for Love Rain? :tears:

Ha ha. Good ideas. I hope they will turn into competitor. They fight for their love for mother.

:P ... No don't SJ and Hana to turn into competitor... I don't know how PD can end the story without hurting both couple.

Thats kinda sad , as long as IN and YH dont have any kids i dont see why both couples cant stay tougether but if you say it like that, i guess either one of the parents pass away or they just decide to let go of each other . I think i prefer one of the parents passing away ,it 'd be soo cruel to sacrafice their love for the sake of their children . IH only ever truly had YH in his heart vice vera , as much as i want SJ and HN to be tougether i feel really bad for the older couple . I really hope they give a satisfying ending to the old couples love.

I am not sure though, if korean culture considered related by law as sibling and marriage between them considered as incess... Anyway I think a few years back we did debate about this (Autumn in my heart - SSH and SHK was not related at all, SHK actually an adopted/ switch child, after being apart for years more than 10 years???? they met again but parents can't accept the two of them as a couple, then there's another drama - Piano - Kim Ha Nuel and Go Soo were sibling because their parent got married... Go Soo love KHN but it was like so so so so wrong and they never end up together). if I remember correctly they can't get married (related through marriege). is there anyone here that is familiar with Korean culture that can help to explain this?

So I believe this time it will be the same... So we have to choose which couple deserve to be together... for me it's the children because the elder couple had their chances but they "throw" it away.... sort of... Dun get me wrong if possible I want a happy ending for all but unfortunately I guess no?...

Guest mind.love

Lol. I don't know why i find the picture with them hugging with their jackets around their waist so funny. Making watching that scene again more entertaining and cute.

I read on different sites that has LR as 24 episodes. But I guess in the back of my mind I wouldn't mind it being 24 cause I would miss these characters too much. It has been so fun looking forward to Monday and Tuesday every week.  So I'm curious how long the story can up too considering Hana knows next week already. Im not surprise if there is atleast one more episode or two mostly flashbacks. I am curious about HJ and IH courtship. How and why. And YH times in America too.

I'm torn between the two couples. I want happiness for both cause we got to see how truly great their relationships can be/are. But the way things are going, I guess there can be only one. sigh.

:P ... No don't SJ and Hana to turn into competitor... I don't know how PD can end the story without hurting both couple.

I am not sure though, if korean culture considered related by law as sibling and marriage between them considered as incess... Anyway I think a few years back we did debate about this (Autumn in my heart - SSH and SHK was not related at all, SHK actually an adopted/ switch child, after being apart for years more than 10 years???? they met again but parents can't accept the two of them as a couple, then there's another drama - Piano - Kim Ha Nuel and Go Soo were sibling because their parent got married... Go Soo love KHN but it was like so so so so wrong and they never end up together). if I remember correctly they can't get married (related through marriege). is there anyone here that is familiar with Korean culture that can help to explain this?

So I believe this time it will be the same... So we have to choose which couple deserve to be together... for me it's the children because the elder couple had their chances but they "throw" it away.... sort of... Dun get me wrong if possible I want a happy ending for all but unfortunately I guess no?...

I havent watched piano but i have watched autum in my heart really great drama by the way although it did end up with both of them dying anyways i get that it has to either be one or the other . On who deserves it more ... i dont know lol for me both of them deserve to be happy but i have to agree that its the younger couples time . The older couple should have tried harder to be tougether all those years ago, id like to know why YH left IN.

Since I felt Hana and Joon’s relationship was a little unbalance, partly due to each individual’s dating experience(s), I actually thought the latest episode was good because it evens it out more, with Hana being the instigator after the breakup because that was usually Joon’s role before and during. We also get a glimmer into how deep emotionally invested Hana and Joon are with their relationship in comparison to their parents, since we already know how strong and heavily attach IH and YH are with each other, along with a history and great foundation— which makes it harder and more painful to break.

From my perspective, I want Joon and Hana to end up together because it’s just the investment on our part, as viewers, to see a happy ending for our lead couple. Therefore, I believe and accept that it’ll be a sad ending for the parents—that is why I want the writers to prove me wrong and find a way to let both couples have their happiness. In the meantime, I also find it gratifying that IH and YH can savor some good memories because they have so many odds working against them…it’s kind of pitiful.

I think it’s good to speculate. “Love” makes people foolish, and I think Hana and Joon will decide to suppress their feelings for each other, to a point where they can’t hold it anymore— an option is to run away and get secretly married first, so their parents wouldn’t have a chance to marry (& that’s also my wishful thinking for a wedding scene). Most likely the parents will sacrifice their love for their child, and that’s just parental instinct. Anyway, once YH’s illness is reveal, she will probably be first priority for Hana and IH...so I have a feeling that she’ll try to hide it as long as she can, especially if she feels like she is the burden.

Guest ibtissam22

some yoona pics from episode 9,10,11

http://900530.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=impact&wr_id=5741

http://900530.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=impact&wr_id=5786

http://900530.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=impact&wr_id=5819

cr 900530.com

Like what Joon told Hana, he feel like he's a different person every time he spends time with her. You can see how special this love is

It's kind of predictable that Joon and HaNa will eventually end up together (though sometimes i still pray that they wouldn't be ill-fated again) but for Inha and Yoon Hee, none of us is sure. They might get married or YoonHee might end up dying due to her illness or maybe other things might happen. We're not sure for it. I wonder IF they really get together, would it still affect Joon and HaNa's relationship?

It will not be easy for both SJ/Hana and InHA/Yoon Hee, we have like 8 eps or 12 eps to go. Do you think they will make it easy for us ^_^ ... I think not... get ready for more heart ache and of course we have to prepare our mind for somebody to die

Well somebody is sick ....

Hmm Looking at this PD past history his drama was never simple. It’s not boy meet girl, fall in love and they live happily ever after... nope...

SPOILERRR ALERTTTT!!! ... neenoooneenooneeeno

Autumn – sibling, separated, love again, clinging 2nd guy (OMG this bring back memory of WB :wub:), cannot be together, family object, fatal sickness, finally both die.

WS – first love, separated, amnesia, love again, separated (siblings), clinging BF, ad the end JS – Blind

Summer Scent – ahh the story getting simpler – but still involved someone dying, heart transplant (2 times okayyyyy... howell it’s KD ), clinging BF, separation, meet again (most unsatisfying ending – because - MW tot EH died after 2nd heart in plant, after 3 years met again at the stairs one going up and one going down, EH heart suddenly beat faster even with ‘new heart’ – They looked at each other and That’s it -THE END- credits started to roll :o ....................... You story me.. how can I sleep after watching 20 hours and THAT’S IT.....

Spring Waltz – Aiyoh... I spare you this.. ^_^ (it’s the same angst – trust me, JH – The main lead lost the touch/feel sense in the hand and he’s a pianist, well.. you tell me now OTOKE???? :o)

^_^ So can you see a pattern here? I am expecting pretty much the same ... more angst (I loiiiikeeee this type of drama – let me remind you again).

Lately there’s too many light and easy drama, not too hard on the heart, easy and funny, no more twist, turn, mazes... everything kind of straight forward – I like this type of drama too. But I think variety in life is good to make it more interesting..... LR kinda bring back the nostalgic feeling of the old times but a little mellow compare to the 4 season.

Oh btw, I really like the drinking buddies. They're cute together lmao - HaNa and SunHo

I like to have drinking buddy too, now it’s all girl ... kekekeke.. I wonder how it feel to have a guy as coffee buddy (in my case I don’t drink so it should be coffee buddy).

What will eventually happen...is in the hands of the producers. I really hope they come out with something new, something unique, something unexpected but yet I hope the ending they came out with is a lovely and pleasant one. For quite a long time, I've not seen dramas with a fantastic ending. Producers, please make a wonderful one for Love Rain?

Yeah ... Lets hope for the best.... I am ready for anything. BUT not the... cross path after a few year- you look at me and I look at you – shock face – smile.... jeng jenggggg THE END ..

I swear I kill him virtually fury.gif

I havent watched piano but i have watched autum in my heart really great drama by the way although it did end up with both of them dying anyways i get that it has to either be one or the other . On who deserves it more ... i dont know lol for me both of them deserve to be happy but i have to agree that its the younger couples time . The older couple should have tried harder to be tougether all those years ago, id like to know why YH left IN.

Piano is an old drama – with Go Soo, Kim Ha Nuel and Jo In Sung :wub: - I like the plot, it’s heart breaking (Well it’s the late 90’s and early 20’s trend, slow pace, heart ache.. more heart ache... betrayal bla bla bla.. heavy stuff... weight about 2000 ton... – I am sure the new KD generation can never accept this type of plot ^_^ ... anyway you should try.. it’s good but with terrible ending... (for me it’s terrible ^_^)

I think hana will understand after finding out the truth and agree to end it with him. It will come down to who can't live without the other person. Please don't wait till a wedding before one gives in.

The story is similar to tiawanese DBY just not as dramatic.

I really want it to end happy. spring waltz not autumn tale pls.

given YH 's illness, eventually i bet of the joon-hana to be the ending of this drama. however with the writer and PD's surprises (we expect a lot of cryfest in episode 11 , angst and all but turns out otherwise.) the viewers in each episode. i think they have gone away from the contemporaries and cliches of kdrama. sure thing i love that. ;)

i also want to say this : THE SUBBERS ARE DOING A GREAT JOB, exceeding the expectations of fans. episode 11 is out a day after, even episode 12 ! :lol:

*quoted image*

I guess like fashion, Kdrama also evolved ^_^. I like how Hana fight back, unlike the old days, normally they would just accept and walk away meekly and PD didn’t drag the issue (about SJ didn’t tell the truth reason for the breakup). Everything resolved within the week .

I am amazed at the subbers, they are OSSEM... Thank you so much subber (Normally low rating drama eng sub always came out late due to less ppl helping to sub).

I can’t wait to see how everything ends..... I have high hopes, so far Hana/SJ relationship, their moment together so fresh, new. Hope for more surprises....

I loVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .. Love Rain .... I wish more ppl would come to realize how great LR is.

Guest prettyoungthing

REVIEWS extracted from dramafever:

Love, rain, across time

I like it. I like the diversity of age, love interests and story. One generation to another. It has "the formula" but it's quite amusing and interesting.

Waaahhh

So I thought this was gonna be funny and all and I know it's getting to it but it's making me bawl in episode 3. Why????

Still an awesome show, I sorta underestimated their acting skills. Really underestimated it.

loving it now after a slow start

I agree that the beginning episodes of the parents' story was a little boring but its really sped up. Story is terrific so far even though its pretty predictable.. the great acting and good script makes it really engaging and its defn a 5 star in my book. I also thought jang geun suk and yoona were an awkward pairing at first but their romance has gotten seriously cute.

Really like it

I didn't like the 1st 4 episodes as much, only because it was kinda sad and a downer the entire time. The acting was superb and story was great just that part of the series just wasn't for me because I like light/humorous love stories. Though once it transitioned to the modern half, I reallly really fell in love with it. It's never been a dull moment and it's super cute. The quality of acting hasn't changed since the 1st few episodes, and the story is just great. I love the whole cast, I love the story, everything xP

I Should've Waited Until the Whole Movie Was Complete!

Oh no, I can't wait for weeks to be complete! Really cute -- want to see what happens on the Gen. X and Y levels. Really recommend, it gets much better after the 70s,

I've been reading everyone's posts and the discussion is really awesome. 

Just sharing some thoughts I have here and there:

We all knew the cutesy couple stuff would be put on hold for a while as this is a melodrama. I personally thought that Joon finding out about his father's first love being Yoon Hee was a great option as he is the one who can cause a rift in his and Hana's relationship. 

For the few people who didn't like the certain area in the plot of the break-up, I thought it made sense.

-Joon said himself he did it because Hana said she puts her mother's happiness above her own. You can think of it as a tier of happiness going like 

Yoon Hee>Hana>Joon. If Yoon Hee is happy, Hana can be happy, and Joon would take the suffering. He just didn't think how hard Hana would take it.

-Also, Joon has dated and broken up with a bunch of girls, he thought he could do that again.

I also like the inclusion of Jo Won Suk (Seo In Gook/Chang Mo's nephew). I don't think he will be a major player in the "everybody loves Hana" situation, but I do hope for some comic relief like his uncle was back in the day. 

For a bit, I thought the photo shoot with Hana was coincidentally part of Won Suk's request of Chang Mo to get Joon to shoot his album cover. Thinking about it, I don't think Chang Mo would get to Joon's boss before getting to Joon directly. Although I think that Won Suk will see those pictures and fall even more in love with his newly dubbed "soul mate".

I loved the part when Hana was sleeping at the table and Joon didn't even let Sun Ho put his coat on her. Usually we see in dramas that the girl who sleeps will not wake up if she was placed elsewhere. I thought it was realistic (and super cute) that Hana was awake. It possibly was enough to motivate her to ask Joon to stay with her at the end of episode 12.

I thought the rift in the relationship would last a bit longer, but I was glad to see that Joon couldn't just leave Hana behind at the end of episode 12. The episode 13 preview was amazing -really can't wait.

*Needed to add this -Hye Jung is such a b@$^&

For anyone who read this, I hope your eyes aren't too sore as I have one last question for everyone.

Did it rain in the last 2 episodes? I wasn't actively paying attention and only thought of it after the episodes finished.

Archived