[Drama 2012] Love Rain / Love Rides the Rain 사랑비

s@nbi

isn't it weird when you started longing for Monday and Tuesday. in facts, not liking the weekends in one bit.

Hope I'm not alone. :sweatingbullets:

lynn_feb14 ~ ^_^ hmmm, you are not alone in your longings for mondays and tuesdays . . . we are about 5 here in our house alone :lol:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lynn_feb14

[quote name='sakki ^_^' date='22 April 2012 - 03:22 AM' timestamp='1335086566' post='17731268']

lynn_feb14 ~ ^_^ hmmm, you are not alone in your longings for mondays and tuesdays . . . we are about 5 here in our house alone :lol:

Guest _omg_

Hi guys!  Just started watching this drama hehe (: im up to episode 5 atm. But im a bit lost and i need a bit of explanation haha

could anyone tell me why In Ha went to jail please ? (: THANKS ! Hope to talk to you guys more in this thread (:

Wow that Taesung guy looks fabulous...But still SJ's character is just too awesome :P. I so want to see a jealous SJ :P.

I think TS loves Hana, cuz he told her he doesnt have a GF but a fiancee, and well yeah, u guys know with chaebols they get engaged to a good 'family' in order to increase their fame and connections and business. I think TS is gonna fight for Hana, but its already late. He realized his feelings too late.

I cant believe how addicted I am to this drama, which I made fun of in the beginning and said things like: what an awful drama. Cant believe it. It is just the DRAMA I was looking for!!!

Finally monday is on the corner, everybody enjoy your last weekend day and lets welcome ep 9 ":P

Guest DorkDork

Wow that Taesung guy looks fabulous...But still SJ's character is just too awesome :P. I so want to see a jealous SJ :P.

I think TS loves Hana, cuz he told her he doesnt have a GF but a fiancee, and well yeah, u guys know with chaebols they get engaged to a good 'family' in order to increase their fame and connections and business. I think TS is gonna fight for Hana, but its already late. He realized his feelings too late.

I cant believe how addicted I am to this drama, which I made fun of in the beginning and said things like: what an awful drama. Cant believe it. It is just the DRAMA I was looking for!!!

Finally monday is on the corner, everybody enjoy your last weekend day and lets welcome ep 9 ":P

Welcome CONVERTS!!!w00t.gif

Hi guys!  Just started watching this drama hehe (: im up to episode 5 atm. But im a bit lost and i need a bit of explanation haha

could anyone tell me why In Ha went to jail please ? (: THANKS ! Hope to talk to you guys more in this thread (:

I think it was explained it in details in the earlier pages. Honestly, I would go through the 1st 25 pages of this thread. There were some great explanations about Korea in the 70/80s.

Anyway, back to your question, he was caught because he was Changmo's roommate. Changmo was suspected of writing unapproved lyrics or something.  Its something that was strict back on the 70/80s in Korea. Go backtrack from Page 14, you won't regret reading what a Soompier "Baduy" writes about Korea and why the 1st 4 episodes are one of the best ever done.wub.gif

Guest DorkDork

From http://contents.innolife.net/

『ラブレイン』キム・ヨングァンの秘密? 180度反転の魅力で「期待度UP」

2012/04/22(Sun) 20:08

148491_l.jpg

KBS2TVのドラマ『ラブレイン』でキム・ヨングァンは、チョン・ハナ(ユナ)の“フンナム”先輩ハン・テソンを演じている。今まで黙々とハナを庇護する気さくなキャラクターを消化していたが、23日の放送から相反した姿でブラウン管に登場する。平凡な大学生を連想させたテソンが、華麗なスーツを着て登場するのに続き、誰も知らなかった彼の秘密が明らかになる。187cmのスラリとした身長のキム・ヨングァンは、モデル出身らしくぴったりフィットしたスーツを完ぺきに着こなした。素朴な以前の姿とは違う反転の魅力を見せた彼の変身に、視聴者の期待も高まっている。

制作会社ユンズカラー関係者は、「気さくに樹木園で働くテソンの秘密が第9回で明らかになり、緊張感を加える予定」とし、「そばで黙々とハナを見守ってきた姿とは違うキム・ヨングァンに、多くを期待してほしい」と話した。

一方『ラブレイン』はジュン(チャン・グンソク)とハナの初めてのデートで、本格的なロマンスが予告された。これに対してテソンの秘密が明らかになり、劇に緊張感が加わる予定だ。23日夜9時55分に放送される。写真=Yツリーメディア

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From using Google translate, article says Taesung's secret will be made known to audiences on the 23rd about why he appears at the gardens as a a student and worker.

Guest ladymoon

I think SunHo will be a good friend of SeoJun & Hana. He will help in their relationship :rolleyes:

DorkDork thanks for sharing the secret of Tae Sung. It seems that his family owns the place where Hana and her mom live.

The plot is getting better and I can't wait for tomorrow :wub: especially the kiss scene :wub:

lyra ~ hey thanks for spoiler pics ^_^ i would really love to see SJ to have a worthy opponent in TS for HaNa . . . and of course, as for SH ~ can he just remain as a best buddies to both Hana and SJ? i would really really like that to happen and SH :wub: can just mine (he he he)

DorkDork ~ thanks for all the pics and info about the coming episode 9 which is :w00t: 24 hours from now (in counting) . . . kiss scene . . . kiss scene

lynn_feb14 ~ ha :lol: ha :lol: ha :lol: that video was so hilarious . . . it was so funny JGS

. . . oh, and hello also to all the new CONVERTS (as what DorkDork calls them ^_^ ) too : marie67 and _omg_

Guest DorkDork

Given what I've seen in episode 7 I'm kind of curious as to why they are expanding Tae Sung's role. In that episode we learn that Ha Na has been harboring feelings for him (well really we knew this back in episode 5/6) and of course the revelation that he has a girlfriend/fiancee which should effectively shut down Ha Na's interest in him (well if ever feelings had an on/off switch). This would allow for Ha Na & Seo Joon's whatevership to get off the ground (if Seo Joon could actually articulate his feelings beyond playground antics (i.e., throwing dirt on a girl or kicking said person in the shin (more Ha Na's trait than Seo Joon's but you get the meaning))

So if the above article/comments are true and Tae Sung is well off what does that add to the story? To his relationship with Ha Na? At this point don't we already have our hand full with side stories and the 'old gang' to move whatever story the writer & director has planned forward, right?

here's my take on Tae sung and also possible storyline

I remember they came out with the description for 2012 characters when ep 4 was shown, they had already mentioned about his wealthy background. That means that this part of his role was always going to be in the story line. So, I don't know if we can say that they suddenly expanded his role.

My guess of possible developments are (lol guess work from time spent watching Kdrama)

Seo Jun and Hana starts their love story in episode 9 with the kiss. However, it won't be long before the 2 finds out about the triangle affair of their parents. Seo Jun becomes confuse as he hates the 1st love of his father whom he feels created the unhappiness in his family. It wouldn't surprise me if Seo Jun calls off the relationship between himself and Hana. Tae Sung will probably continue to play the good old sunbae who is there to comfort her. I don't think Seon Ho's part is going to be dramatic, he will probably continue playing a light hearted role. Hana, on the hand, I feels she was the one being led at the start of the romance so she possible is not sure of her feelings for SJ. Possibly when SJ calls it quits, she realizes that she really loves SJ now.

I also think, no matter what happens, Yoon Hee will go blind. However, I cannot see Seo Inha giving up this time. This means Seo Jun's mom will probably do something dramatic like suicide. This will probably move SJ more away from Hana. Somehow, I don't see a happy ending for all 4. I wonder what PD will opt to end with. 

OMG, I just realize that we are almost half way through the series. I really wish its a 24 episode drama now.

vicx.gif

Guest prettyoungthing

SATURDAY, APRIL 21, 2012

Musings on "Love Rain"

Love Rain is a Korean drama that depicts a 1970's pure love and a love from the present day at the same time. It shows how the offsprings of a previous ill-fated couple, who met in the 1970s, managed to meet and fall in love. Seo In Ha and Kim Yoon Hee, an art student and a shy beauty, met and fell in love with each other during college in the 1970s, but unfortunately their love was fated to never be. Now in the present 21st century Korea, Seo In Ha's son, Seo Joon (a liberal photographer) meets and falls in with the daughter of Kim Yoon Hee, Jeong Ha Na, a cheerful and energetic girl who's personality is different from her mother's. Will their love for each other keep them together or will they have to face the same fate as their parents?

Eight episodes into the drama and it had me pondering on times past and present. I was comparing "eras" and coming to some realizations of sorts, nay, eye openers. They are not realizations in the strict sense of the word, for these are things that we actually know about but have not really paid attention to or given much thought. Though the drama dealt mostly on the topic of love and will play around with your emotions, I think it did not fail to strike a familiar chord in everyone.

First off, the laid back life in the 70s era is a stark contrast to the fast paced and so-called digital era of today. I kinda wish I can go back to that time when each and every moment of life seems to be savored, revered and treasured; wherein the sincerity and simplicity of pure love can be seen and experienced. I am not saying that this is not possible at this day and age. It's just that it is quite rare and hard to come across with nowadays. Come to think of it ~ finding that one person, among millions all over the world, who completes you (cliche as it may sound); and regardless of time and space, still makes your heart do flips and somersaults, is something short of a miracle. Yes, love... and i mean true love, can do that to you.

Love often comes in unexpected ways, places, and circumstances (It did to me!). You don't have to go looking for it (especially to those who think they are doomed to single-blessedness... but then again, what's wrong with that?!). Anyway, what I meant to say was, love will come to you. At times, it is so simple yet abrupt and will stop you dead on your tracks but you know in your heart, without a doubt, that this is it (like in the case of Seo In ha) or unexpected and extraordinary that it's staring you right in the face and you don't event realize it, or choose not to acknowledge it (like what happened to Seo Joon). But whichever way it is, true love stands the tests of time.

Seeing the difference of how love is in the two eras, it was somewhat an eye opener. In this modern life where it often takes a back seat, the rarity and scarcity of finding love in its purest sense is quite glaring. And those who did, but have been so caught up in the complexities of the times, often take for granted that which has brought them together in the first place, and the reason why they stayed together through the years. Cheesy, I know! But I guess LR has that effect on me. I am a hopeless romantic (or so I think I am) and it breaks my heart that it seems selfless and unconditional love has become the exception rather than the norm, or it could just be me.

Another thing I've come to realize, and this is something that is often overlooked, is that life, no matter how unfair it may seem, presents a lot of second chances. So when you get your second chance, seize it, hold on to it, and fight for it! Chances are, if you did not win the first time, you will this time around. And if you still don't, it is not meant to be (or I'd like to believe that greater things are bound to happen). The point is, at least you tried your damnedest best and hardest and learnt the lessons along the way. After all, that is what matters the most.

Well, I guess this is just the start of more realizations-of-sorts for me 'coz the drama presents a lot of ideologies, perceptions, and realities of Life and Love, which is why I am hooked on it; and not to mention the fact that it's top-billed by the one Hallyu star who is, and forever will be, first in my heart. As the drama progresses, I will share more of them here.

http://open-n-shut.blogspot.com/2012/04/some-things-love-rain-made-me-realize.html

120418loverain7.jpg

120418loverain10.jpg

snsd+yoona+love+rain+pictures+%281%29.jpg

Guest lynn_feb14

@DorkDork your assumption makes sense.

The chances of happy ending is quite low though we never know how the PD will turn the table.

Hmm I think u guys are thinking too dramatic and deep. I believe we will have a happy ending for Hana and SJ. I still strongly believe they will end up happily and their parents will accept them and support them. I mean come on, their bickering scenes etc. says it all. They will definitly have a happy ending :) I am 100% sure of it, and I have watched a lot lot loooooot of KDrama's :) Dont worry too much and enjoy it!

I thought that Ha Na would be the first one to "end" any relationship she has with Seo Joon once she finds out the first love her Mother has written about in her diaries is In Ha who is Seo Joon's Dad. Remember Ha Na has been the one searching for him, she's read about him in her Mom's diary, she knows her Mom is sick and wants them to meet. I'm guessing for the sake of her Mom's happiness, she'll be the first to give up on Seo Joon. And maybe her reasoning will be Tae Sung. If Tae Sung does indeed like her and dumps his fiancee or fights against the arranged marriage as well as making his status as a rich guy known, Ha Na might end up deciding it's easier to go with him and let her Mom be happy with In Ha? (since she had feelings for him anyway) 

@DorkDork - your scenario crossed my mind too! Seo Joon's anger and disgust over the whole "first love" thing has been apparent since EP 4 when he even mocked Ha Na for trying to find her Mom's first love. And I think you're spot on about his anger towards whoever his Dad's first love is for ruining his family. I also agree that Hye Jung will pull something to stop YH and IH from being together. (again - she's already somewhat stopped them once) We still don't know why everyone thought YH died in America & I still believe Hye Jung had something to do with that. If she's lied to get her way more than once already, I'm sure she won't hesitate to do it again now. That pic of her sitting at a table with YH is one scene I can't wait for!  w00t.gif

We also have Hye Jung finding out who Ha Na is (eventually) plus her wanting to match-make her son with Mi Ho (Dong Wook's daughter & Sun Ho's sister) I'd say we have a long road ahead of us for either of these couples to be together. dry.gif There are a lot of obstacles for all of them.  crazy.gif

Guest bigbangletsgo

Does anyone know where I can download the episodes of Love Rain with english subtitles?

I especially need Episode 5! Thanks so much and please help me out. :)

Guest prettyoungthing

Seo In Guk talks about returning to ‘Love Rain’ & YoonA’s welcome

201204220826771343_1.jpg

Recently, Seo In Guk sat down with the media to reveal how he felt about his re-installment into KBS 2TV‘s ‘Love Rain‘. During the press conference, Seo In Guk talked about the return and gave an amusing anecdote about him and Girls’ Generation‘s YoonA.

Seo In Guk played the role of Kim Chang Mo in the ’70s for the drama ‘Love Rain’, receiving much love from fans in his first acting role. Seo In Guk will return to the drama starting the tenth episode as a character of the present age.

Seo In Guk stated, “On the 18th [of April], I started filming for ‘Love Rain’ again. Although I am nervous about tackling two roles at once in my first attempt at acting, I am giving my best effort. After coming back to ‘Love Rain’ in nearly 3 months, it feels fresh and joyous.”

In addition, he shared, “I got to see YoonA and Jang Geun Suk for the first time in a while. I saw Kim Shi Hoo several times after the filming was over, but YoonA and Jang Geun Suk are such busy people that this was my first time seeing them in 3 months since the drama press conference. I was very happy.”

Seo In Guk then shyly smiled and revealed, “YoonA sang my new song ‘Tease Me‘ right in front of me. With cute motions, she sang ‘I’ll come to you, I’ll come to you’ – giving me encouragement which was heartwarming, but also embarrassing to the point that I couldn’t lift my head.”

-Wow! Seo In Guk's coming back to Love Rain! Hoorah! \O/ lol @ Yoona, is there a video of it? Can yoona sing in front of me too? like one on one with yoona? *-*

credits: all*pop

[NEWS] SNSD's YoonA & Jang Geun Suk's FIRST DATE & LOCK LIPS

KBS 2TV Monday and Tuesday drama series Love Rain starring Jang Geun Suk and SNSD member Yoona, and the love line between the quarrelsome lover is officially begun in episode 9 broadcast on April 23rd, 2012. The first dating of two persons attracted the attention of the general audience.

loverain-jang-geun-suk-yoona-first-dating-kiss5.jpg

“Vicious tongue” Seo Joon finally put aside the arrogance and looks at Ha Na fondly, and Ha Na also opens her heart to accept him, accepting each other shyly. There were some people witnessed the shooting of dating scene of the two persons, and left messages on the Internet, raising the anticipation towards the broadcast of the drama for many people.

In addition, in the next episode preview aired at the end of episode 8 broadcast on Tuesday, April 17th, 2012, Ha Na is roaring drunk and confesses her real feelings, and stages a drunk kiss scene with Seo Joon.

via TVDaily

Translated by asian-drama.org

Archived