[Drama 2012] Love Rain / Love Rides the Rain 사랑비

s@nbi

Guest sDeroire

I usual lurking this thread, I feel like I want to share my opinion toward the drama getting terrible rating thing too. (sorry for my english)

I don't think the real problem is their oversea marketing that make people don't want to watch the drama. I think the real reason is the female lead, Yoona (no offense to her fans) I have seen her acting from her previous dramas and I don't think she has that ability to carry the first lead role. Yes, she can act but I also think most of SNSD members can act too, I also believe that half of Kpop idols can act, it was part of their training anyways. She was successful with YAMD is not all because of her acting skill but because it's daily drama, the plot is something Ahjumma like, etc. Then she became fist lead for Cinderella Man. What happened? drama got one digit rating throughout 95% of episodes, she got criticized from both netizens and critics A LOT. What i'm saying is, as in SNSD members, she is the worst singer, average dancer, she has the face of korean standard of beauty that's why SM always push her to the front, giving her a chance to act in SM artists's MV since pre-debut. She got to act a lot but her acting skills still has no potential. She is an idol, is here and there but people hardly recognize for her talent, most of news article related her are mostly about her pretty face, skinny body, blah blah. The Love Rain's directer gave so many reasons why he chose JKS, praising him a lot, but he gave a reason why he chose Yoona is because her innocence(?), I mean he barely praises her talent compare to what he did to JKS.

I have nothing against Yoona, but seeing some of you got mad and started blaming this and that for rating is quite unreasonable. Yoona is pretty and innocent but she is not a good actress. Imo her acting skills even below Sooyoung and Yuri, I've read some articles praising Yuri's acting though she just appears a little each episode. I think both Yuri and Sooyoung have potential to carry the first lead role (maybe in the future) but Yoona, if she still want to act without getting much bashing, she better goes back to second role, so her role won't ruin the whole drama much or just being SNSD's image, actually I think she would be more success as a model. :)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DorkDork

I usual lurking this thread, I feel like I want to share my opinion toward the drama getting terrible rating thing too. (sorry for my english)

Your ENGLISH seems good enough to fake a KPOP bashing. What does her singing, standing in the center, or dancing talent have to do with this drama?

Come on, concentrate on the drama. We want to talk more about Love rain and not some KPOP fanwar. Go LURK to KPOP thread if you have an issue. Obviously, you are not even watching this drama.

The scene with her sunbae and her confession was very sad.  I think he likes her.  You can't tell me he didn't know she cared for him.  They spent all that time studying together in Japan and it never came up he had a fiancee.  

Also the scene when InHa and YoonHee meet, when he's racing down the street following her from the other side.  You could definitely feel his emotions at the end when he removed his glasses and said , "is it you?'

Beautiful episode, really well done.  

I agree with you about TS, I think he likes her but he really isn't too sure about his own feelings? Also, he seems like a responsible guy so he may feel like a duty to his fiancee?

From the character description, he is suppose to be character that attracts people easily but yet can be quite slow to relationships. I have a good feeling that when Hana does get on with See Joon, he will probably start getting jelly,

If the problem was Yoona's acting critics would have jump to that conclusions, i don't think her acting is the problem she is not the best actress out here but she portrays her character very well and this role is made for her as she plays a young girl (of her age in dramas like cinderella man and YAMD she played adult like role), People jugded the drama on the first episodes saying that it was slow but i don't think that it was slow it wasn't like the story didn't evolve there was a lot oh heartbreaking moments in those first episodes , love isn't that simple like some drama portray it to be.

It's my first comment here and i must say that the first episodes made my heart flutters, it such an innocent and pure love that you can just envy :) i am really looking forward today's episode ! And i don't think that the ratings can show you how well a drama is !

@DorkDork - 

That was my thinking too, he's probably going to get jealous once Seo Joon makes his move. phew.gif 

EDIT: Question if anyone knows - in the 70's/80's it was Dong Wook who formed the love triangle with In Ha and Yoon Hee. Does Sun Ho (Dong Wook's son) form a love triangle in the present? (I thought I read that somewhere but maybe not) Does anyone know? unsure.gif

Guest prettyoungthing

REVIEWS from dramafever:

Cant wait for the rest of the episodes!!

Although very stereotypical with the two characters obviusly liking each other but been to proud and dumn to admit it they still manage to make the story interesting...i think Yoonah is doing a great job and Jang Geun Suk as usual plays the cocky playboy really well....am curious as to how they are going to play the back story with the parents.........

Guest DorkDork

@DorkDork - 

That was my thinking too, he's probably going to get jealous once Seo Joon makes his move. *quoted image* 

Dang and we have a new character too ~~~RIVAL TO HANA.... and probably a trouble maker~~

Dang and we have a new character too ~~~RIVAL TO HANA.... and probably a trouble maker~~

I know! I saw that in the preview! No idea who that is, there's no character description for her. crazy.gif I'd say the biggest obstacle for Ha Na and Seo Joon will be HIS MOM (Hye Jung) She's gonna throw tantrums all over the place once she finds out Ha Na is Yoon Hee's daughter. (another obstacle will be their parents) Who will do the self-sacrifice thing? Will the parents give up for their kids? Or will the kids give up for their parents? 

Guest DorkDork

I know! I saw that in the preview! No idea who that is, there's no character description for her. *quoted image* I'd say the biggest obstacle for Ha Na and Seo Joon will be HIS MOM (Hye Jung) She's gonna throw tantrums all over the place once she finds out Ha Na is Yoon Hee's daughter. (another obstacle will be their parents) Who will do the self-sacrifice thing? Will the parents give up for their kids? Or will the kids give up for their parents? 

She is the sister of the Doctor LEE SEON HO. I think she is suppose to be a model.

AND

For those who love Love Rain OST, there are 2 songs below,

here is the D link..

http://blog.daum.net/darkgray09/74

One of it is the beautiful song sung by 자꾸자꾸 (Again and Again) - 요조

]YT Preview Link

Guest lynn_feb14

DRAMA STARTING IN 5 MINS

LINKS FOR STREAMINGS

http://www.ionair.tv/view.php

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/crypst

http://www.wix.com/kpopstream/streams#!justin_tv|cxom (HD1)

Thanks a lot ^_^

Guest DorkDork

Another Stream link

http://ja.justin.tv/sunkistboysout?utm_campaign=live_embed_click&utm_source=blog.livedoor.jp

Guest kyo_91st

In my opinion, I like the actress who have the potential to improve her acting skills than the good one at first. Practice makes perfect. So acting skills also need time to advance, you can't force someone professional since the first movies/dramas. It's the same as everyone must start at the beginner level >_<

I dont know how much knowledge professionals (called dramafans) but from the thing you prejudged and didn't have LR any chance, I dont believe in your sights. You must be objective and unbiased while judging any films, it's the basic principle!!! Be fair !!! Just it and only it!

Ratings is not the problem and the problem is not ratings. Enjoy watching films and we never have to say "If only".

Additional character descriptions , credits to sasha_26

*quoted image*

사랑을 믿지 않는 그에게 찾아온 사랑, 서준(남, 29세, 포토그래퍼)

He does not believe in others, Seo Jun (Male, 29 years old, Photographer)

그녀에게 찾아온 달콤 쌉쌀한 첫사랑, 정하나(여, 24세, 대학원생/가드너)

A girl who is still waiting for her first love, Jung Hana (Female, 24 years old, graduate/gardener )

사랑은 어디서 올지 알 수 없는 것, 이선호 (남, 29세, 의사)

He does not know where love comes from, Lee Sun Ho (Male, 29 years old, doctor)

사랑은 마음처럼 되지 않는 것, 한태성 (남, 30세, 가드너)

Love do not seems like the heart, Han Tae Sung (Male, 30 years old, gardener)

32년 만에 용기를 내는 남자, 서인하, 서인하 (남, 55세, 미대 교수)

He, who still has the courage after 32 years, Seo In Ha (Male, 55 years old, Art Stream Lecturer)

- Seo Jun's father

아련한 사랑을 이어가는 그녀, 김윤희 (여, 53세, 수목원 가드너)

She, who goes after her vague love, Kim Yoon Hee (Female, 53 years old , Gardener )

- Jung Hana's mother

Based on this:

- In ha was 23 yrs old and Yoon Hee was 22 yrs old when they fell in love

- Since Jun is 29 years old and his parents have been separated for 10 years, they were married for 19 years! (wow that was a long time!). In Ha married Hye Jung 3 years after Yoon Hee left, a year after he got out of the army (Korean Males are required to serve for two years).

- Yoon Hee either did not get married or gave birth until eight years after she went to the US since Ha Na is 24 years old.

I was doing the calculations in my brain and thought I'd share it here. It helps to understand the story as well.

I just saw the last part of the live streaming .... it sucks that I have to wait 5 more days to see episode 9!!!!!

Guest lynn_feb14

Kiss scene is gonna be in next week epi. I think Jun confessed his feeling at the end of the today episode . Jun's mom is horrible. I guess that she will do whatever thing to get Innha back. Evil.

I'm so hooked with Yoona's acting. B)

How ironic that Hye Jung was the one to tell In Ha that Yoon Hee is alone. I think he thought she was still married & living with her husband. I hope he questions how Hye Jung knows this? dry.gif And I hope he questions Chang Mo too. 

Ha Na modeling was adorable. laugh.gif 

EDIT: @lynn_feb14 - We don't even know exactly how evil Hye Jung is yet. I still believe she might have played a part in all of them thinking Yoon Hee was dead. tongue2.gif But we don't know for sure. 

Guest DorkDork

Today's episode seems much longer. 

Another good and interesting episode. The thing I love best about this drama is that even the most evil person really seems like a nice person. It just makes it such a wonderful feeling to watch it.

Today is really cool. I like the way the 2 couples stories were weaved together. The contrast between the 2 generations could not be greater. One end, we have sad unrequited love and on the other hand a love that starting to bloom

Inha and Hana were really cute oday. Its nice to see the bickering is getting friendlier. I love the scenes where they went room hunting and also the modeling. It shows Seojun slowly falling for hana by the way he changes. He willingness to go against all his principals for her. Taking photos of non- models, saying sorry to her and etc. Unlike Seo Inha, he is more aggressive!! 

Hana is such a charmer that its obvious even SEON HO is starting for fall for her!!

Today's scenes with the Hilarious and Wowing Photo shoot  Hilarious Hana and Model Hana

Archived