♠ ♔ ♠ 2NE1 (투애니원 | トゥエニィワン) OFFICIAL THREAD [#2] ♠ ♔ ♠ #NEVERSAYGOODBYE2NE1

Guest cristina0422

Guest dragon-rider

[Caps] Sexy Chaerin at YG Family Concert in Saitama from Mezamashi News

f502k.jpg

Source: happyrichlifebbxxx’s youtube

Capped by: Sieljjang@CLTheBaddestFemale

Do you see that tiny Rilakkuma beside her shorts? BabyRin is so cute :wub: . I love this lion hairstyle too. Awhh~~ and she is wearing shorts again *faint*

Guest Yoon Mikaeela

^

^

I didn't catch the lil Rilakkuma in her hips at first. Thanks for mentioning.

LOL, hot sexy fierce and cute at the same time :wub:

Chaerin is so beautiful :wub: I love her new hairstyle.

I hope she would keep it longer :D

Aigooo, Chaerin is so sexxyy w00t.gifw00t.gif i goes bi again aigoooo >.<

Guest dragon-rider

120123 DARA's me2day update

bLW2p.jpg

새해 복 많이 받으세요~! ^.^ 꾸벅!!! (__)

HAPPY NEW YEAR~! ^.^ *bow*

Source: Dara's me2DAY

Translated by: GEE@YGLadies

I hope we can see Bom and Minzy in hanbok in the future too. So far we have seen only CL and Dara wearing hanbok.

2NE1, Big Bang, & Se7en send their Lunar New Year greetings

20120123_ygentertainment.jpg

Gaining much recognition world wide the past year, the artists of YG Entertainment discussed with OSEN their dreams and visions for 2012, as well as sending their Lunar New Year greetings to fans.

Last year, 2NE1 received spotlight from not only within Korea, but from all over the world. Examples include their special coverage on the English network BBC, as well as their win on MTV Iggy as the ‘Best New Band in the World’. Their comeback within Korea also garnered much attention for their unique and fierce style showcased through songs like “It Hurts”, “Lonely”, and “I am the Best”.

The members of 2NE1 greeted their fans for the Lunar New Year, stating, “Hello! What’s up 2NE1! Have a blessed Lunar New Years. We are planning great things for this upcoming year, so please look forward to that. In 2012, we will work to become an even better 2NE1. We thank you for always cheering us on, and please be healthy!”

Their labelmate, Big Bang, also had a wild ride of a year in 2011. They have entered 2012 with renewed vigor by preparing a comeback filled with unique and powerful performances.

As 2012 is the year of the dragon, G-Dragon and Taeyang (both born in the year of the dragon), spoke as the representatives of the group. G-Dragon stated, “We will work hard to live up to our group name, Big Bang. We will do our best with the heart of a new group”.

Taeyang added, “We will become the best in the world. Please continue to watch us.”

Se7en, one of the pillars of YG Entertainment, recently released a single album in Japan for the first time after a 4 year hiatus of promotions in Japan. This single drew significant attention for reaching #1 on Tower Records‘ pre-order list, as well as entering the Top 10 on the Oricon Singles Chart.

He stated, “I am beginning new activities on the New Year. Since it has been a long time since I met my fans, I will do my best in all my activities. Please have a blessed New Years and please continue to watch my activities this year!”

YG Entertainment has planned an unusually large number of new releases this year. Se7en has already released his Japanese single and Big Bang is planning large scale promotions for their upcoming comeback. Talented soloist Gummy is also planning a new release for the first half of the year. Finally, YG Entertainment’s much anticipated new idol groups are awaiting their debut in 2012. These groups, which include ‘Super Star K2′s Kim Eun Bi and Kang Seung Yoon, are part of a great year planned by YG Entertainment

Source & Image: OSEN

Credit: Allkpop

120123 DARA Me2day Update w/ Trans

FX4IS.jpg

랙잭이들~새해선물이에요!^.^씨엘양 폰을 털어서 작년부터 묶혀뒀던 사진 한장 뺏었어요!ㅋㅋㅋ여러분 새해 복 많이 받으시랍니다!올해도 느낌이 좋아요!+.+우리에겐 좋은 음악이 있는한~멋진무대 즐거운무대는 멈추지않을거에요!올해도 놀자!아직은비밀~!꺅!!!우리만아는거지롱!

Blackjacks~ A New Year's gift for you! ^.^ A photo of CL-yang in my phone, which I took from a photoshoot last year! Ke ke ke Everyone, please have a Happy New Year! I have a feeling that this new year would be great! +.+ We will continue to give good music ~ And as long as you guys think that our stages are great, we will continue to do what we do and not stop! Let's all play this year! Though it's still a secret~! Kkyak!!! We haven't even known for long!

Source: Dara's Me2Day

Translated by: BlackjackBelle@OhDara / SlaveTranslator@WeLoveDara

posted?

Hip-Hop, R&B, And Seoul

1327243199129.jpg

South Korea’s music industry gave the world ‘K-Pop’ with its peppy girl and boy bands. Now it’s taking on hip-hop’s swag.

Last October, the four-piece girl group 2NE1 debuted in Japan with six live shows in front of 70,000 fans—the latest product of a South Korean music machine that has already surged past the point of being just another East Asian fad. While “K-pop” has gained popularity as the catch-all term for a host of glossy boy and girl bands, 2NE1—with its signature tune, “Ugly”—represents K-hop, a budding movement that backs up its slick pop sheen with true R&B talent.

East Asia’s music industry is being astutely tailored for a global audience in the digital age. “There is no line between Korean, Japanese, or international music since YouTube,” explains 2NE1’s lead rapper, CL. “It’s just the whole world through the Internet.”

K-pop groups have certainly found success abroad: bands like Girls’ Generation and TVXQ draw impressive crowds at shows in New York and L.A. Now K-hop is getting in on the act: Internet exposure helped boy band Big Bang win the World Wide Act award at the MTV Europe Music Awards last June, and MTV Iggy just crowned 2NE1 the Best New Band in the World.

While some critics still question whether K-hop will ever make waves on mainstream U.S. radio, Korean-American producers such as Teddy Park (of 2NE1) and Jae Chong (of Aziatix) are hoping that the genre will be the true crossover hit, with its ties to hip-hop, soul, and electronica. Park grew up in New Jersey and California on a diet of Queen and the Wu-Tang Clan. The 33-year-old, who has overseen 2NE1’s career from its inception, always wondered why the world music scene was missing a big global Asian act. Meanwhile, Chong was among the first producers to bring soul and R&B to Korea, in the early 1990s. For Chong, raised in Los Angeles, it was a challenging time. “Seoul’s hip-hop community was tiny,” he says.

By the turn of the millennium, star acts started to emerge from Korea, including the hip-hop group Drunken Tiger, led by L.A.-raised Tiger JK, and his wife, solo hip-hop artist Tasha Reid (née Yoon Mi-rae). The Texas-born Reid ended up in Korea as a child during her father’s Army posting, and she explored the country’s nascent hip-hop scene in underground clubs. Now, she says, “if I were to check the singles chart, at least 90 percent of [Korean] songs are R&B-influenced.”

Many of the rising stars of the genre have spent ample time abroad. 2NE1’s singer Park Bom studied at Berklee College of Music in Boston; lead rapper CL lived in France and Japan before returning to her homeland. The 2NE1 gals feel they’ve found a kindred spirit in their producer Park. “He is a musician who knows how girls feel,” says CL, who adds that “Ugly,” which confronts insecurities about beauty, emerged from a conversation with Park. For his part, Park admits he gets flak for penning lyrics to inspire independent women but says, “Especially for this country, we needed women to stand up.” It’s an attitude that may translate well overseas, where outspoken female artists such as Rihanna, Lady Gaga, and Katy Perry are wildly successful.

The ultimate validation for K-hop would be lifting Asian music out of its tacky stereotype and bringing it to the same level as Latin and European music on the global music scene. The early signs are promising: will.i.am has already begun working on tracks for 2NE1.

Chong’s latest project is the Korean-American K-hop guy band Aziatix. The group’s eponymous mini-album placed at No. 4 on the U.S. iTunes Top Soul Albums last May. “I want to introduce the next phase [of K-hop],” says Chong, who feels that the classic ’80s and ’90s formula of rhythm, melody, and lyrics is what U.S. hip-hop lacks today. The integrity of K-hop may be at stake, though, if it becomes overly tailored for a U.S. audience, something that concerns Tasha Reid. “I’d hate to see the soul of Korean music lose itself in the process,” she says.

Source: thedailybeast.com

Guest dragon-rider

Unseen 2NE1 promo photo from their “Go Away” MV

zrMXV.jpg

Source: midokitty’s twitter

Taken from: Sieljjang@CLTheBaddestFemale.com

yglupload.png

[OFFICIAL] 120123 Ameblo Update: "On sale today, Dara's appearance in JJ magazine!"

5fq6id.jpg

On sale today, Dara's appearance on {JJ} magazine!

Today, January 23, the JJ magazine on sale,

our Dara has her solo appearance in it!

DARA is the image model of the cosmetics brand ETUDE HOUSE

The introduction of the make-up Dara uses ~

2e19ctj.jpg

To see the on and off facial expressions of Dara, it's a must to check out the mag~!!

Source: 2NE1's Ameblo

Translated by: Jinhae @ YGLadies.com