Nationalism is bad

Crunchyrunchy

Guest monkeyinabarrel

Err to a certain extent.

Nationalism helps keep culture alive.

Rooting for team because its your country? I see nothing wrong with that

Visiting you're ancestors homeland? fine, they're both harmless

Though this whole "Korea/Japan sucks Dokdo/Takeshima is ours" thing is out of hand

Guest SUMM3RxBABii

It's okay to root for your country when they're against others but claiming that your country is simply the best is just too much. I used to think America was "the best" until i saw how bad our economy went down a few years ago and how greedy people were getting. There is simply no "best" country, but countries that are better than others and we certainly are not on top.

Guest Malice_Kaiser

Patriotic to me just means you honor your country and are proud of it; nationalism is more extreme than patriotism, I think...

You can be patriotic and love your country without being racist. You can be patriotic and still respect and embrace other country's cultures and peoples... But of course, there is a line that can be crossed. And when there is a line that can be crossed, some people will always inevitably cross it.

Archived