GIRLS LIKE CONFIDENT GUYS RIGHT?

Crunchyrunchy

So I am trying to get a feel on what "confidence" a girl want on a guy. I know they want guys to not be nervous and "confident" when talking to them but at what level?

So do you like how a military officers/commanders talks?  They are confident, direct and they don't seem nervous when talking to people.

Guest azn3dvietboy

girls like jerks.

jk

confident can mean no stuttering when talking ( but some girls like that in a guys), eye contact, knowing what to do in life, making decisions. etc

Edit:

and not afraid of anytthing

Guest yukinohana

For me, a guy who can talk to me without feeling awkward or not knowing what to say,

can keep me interested with conversation, is a guy who is confident.

For me, a guy who can talk to me without feeling awkward or not knowing what to say,

can keep me interested with conversation, is a guy who is confident.

Yup I read books on being a better conversationalist and the key is being an active listener and listening very closely at the words that are coming out of people's mouth. :D

Guest 한스 ㅋㅋ

well people are different, the more you get to know people the more you realise that certain people like different types of confidence.

newayz imo theres no point trying to be something that you're not, for example if you're not aggressive theres no point trying to be an aggressive man.

But theres something that they all possess, imo dat is the ability to make the conversation flow, and sometimes fun.

and thats just social skills, you can't read books or any mini cooper to do well in it.

You can only gain a skill by practicing.

confidence.. as in u know wat o do in a social setting..

know how to communicate with people

know wat ur talking bout n have substance to wat u say

So do you like how a military officers/commanders talks?  They are confident, direct and they don't seem nervous when talking to people.

I don't know if girl's really like that kind of approach. I mean, I tried modeling my approach this way and it didn't exactly work out.

And I tried different 'styles'. I tried the whole drill sergeant routine. Boy, I should have known that wouldn't work.

Then I tried talking with that real air of confidence the way Jack Nicholson did in A Few Good Men. That just sent the girls running.

I don't know if this would be necessarily accurate, but I always imagined that girls would appreciate sincerity before confidence.

Because a guy can show all the confidence in the world, but if they weren't sincere with their actions and words, it really wouldn't amount to much.

Meanwhile, a guy can be lacking in certain social graces, but if a girl can sense the sincerity behind what they are intending to do and communicate, those guys could have a chance too.

lol not necessarily like a military officer! hahaha (although i do like men in military uniform...they just look so manly and hot hehe)

when i say "confident" i would like a guy who doesn't act shy when talking, although a little shyness is cute! :D

just not completely quiet and awkward.. (coz i could be quiet at times too..and 2 quiet people doesn't seem like a good match lol)

also, a guy who is confident in the work that he does...

a guy who is sure of what he likes and stands by his beliefs.

and when walking, a guy who looks confident with his physical appearance and doesn't slouch or look down.

basically, someone who has confidence but humble :)

Guest bunny-chan

Hmmm...well, each and every girl's brain works differently. Personally, for me, there is a very thin line between arrogance and confidence. You can be shy and still have confidence but there are guys that try to play up confidence and end up looking arrogant and conceited. The thing is, when a girl expects confidence out of the guy, she expects him to talk to her and interact with her normally, no arkwardness, just in a friendly and comfortable manner! You don't necessarily have to be like a military officer, it would make the girl feel rather uncomfortable with you...I want a boyfriend not a drill sergeant! Just be yourself, a sincere and genuine person! That's what girls generally like the best! Hope this helps~

bunny-chan!

i think girls want their boys to be confident in relation to the outside world, not necessarily that their boy is confident with them (the girl).

Guest joannas

Confidence isn't just displayed in the way you speak. To be honest, I think the military officer/commander way of speaking may be a turn off. Too stiff I guess? Try to be easy-going. Smile and laugh a lot. Learn to initiate and carry conversation, it goes a long way.

Guest Lauvable

@crunchyrunchy: i think bombb_'s saying that girls want to make the decisions in the relationship sometimes. just taking a guess though

for me, i like a guy who is good company, someone who cracks jokes, talks but allows the other party to talk too.

you know its fun to have a balanced conversation compared to a guy who rants on and on and on and on and inflates his ego or a guy you lets you do ALL the talking which isn't great when you have yet to find common ground.

a fun guy would be fun. :)

Personally, I'm definitely not into commando types of guys, but I'd like it if the guy were capable enough to lead a girl through a date, be charismatic when he needs to be, etc. I don't mind if the guy is shy most of the time, or not the greatest conversationalist but he has to at least not view himself as a pitiful creature, you know?

1. Good conversation

2. eye contact

3. Body language/ posture

4. just a confident smile. not the kind of half smile, with worried eyes.

..well.. thats what i like xD

Archived