Park Shi Hoo & Moon Chae Won @ WonHoo Couple

marrsq

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Seung-gi and Moon Chae-won couple up in Today’s Romance

From http://www.dramabeans.com/author/awcoconuts/

Excerpt:

In his debut film role, Lee Seung-gi will be playing a guy who is constantly dumped and is always the giver in relationships — a real loser (ruh-roh, payback time for Moon’s unrequited love in Brilliant Legacy?). Moon Chae-won will also be taking on a role that is a complete 180 from her previously classy characters, a weather forecaster whose pretty face belies the glib-talking, aggressive personality underneath.

About his casting, Lee Seung-gi said, “The pairing was interesting because it seemed like a natural relationship; one that could exist in real life. I enjoy the [rom-com] genre, so I’m really looking forward to this project. Also, I’m really happy that I get to work with Director Park, whom I’ve always liked. It’s my first movie so I’m nervous and feel an additional burden, but I won’t be greedy and will be ready to learn as I try my best.”

Moon Chae-won said, “The story is about a warm and realistic romance, wrapped around moments of fun and humor. It is the kind of love that most experience at least once in their lifetimes, and that’s what I liked about it. I hope it is a work through which I can show viewers another side to myself.”

From http://www.soompi.com/2014/07/24/lee-seung-gi-and-moon-chae-won-confirmed-for-new-romance-film/

The new film “Today’s Love” has confirmed “Brilliant Legacy” co-stars Lee Seung Gi and Moon Chae Won as the two leads, and will head into filming at the end of this month.Lee Seung Gi, in his first movie role, plays Junsu, a character who fails at relationships, and always gets broken up with because he just gives too much. Moon Chae Won, on the other hand, returning to the big screen in three years after “War of the Arrows” in 2011, plays the meteorologist Hyun Woo, a woman with a witty tongue and aggressive manner.

“The story about a natural relationship that just might really exist in the world drew me in, and it’s the kind of genre that I like,” Lee Seung Gi said. “I also am a fan of Director Park Jin Pyo, so I’m glad for this opportunity to work with him. It is my first movie role, and I’m feeling the pressure, too, but I’ll keep at it from a learning stance.” Co-star Moon Chae Won commented, “I liked that the story is about a love that people have probably experienced once in their life: a fun and realistic romance. I would like it if I could show viewers another side of myself through this film.” Filming is set to start this month, and will premiere sometime in 2015.

PSH Scent premiere from http://parksihoo4u.com/2014/07/25/park-si-hoo-to-premiere-in-china-on-august-15/
Excerpt

Park Si Hoo′s ′Scent′ to Premiere in China on August 15

2014.07.25 14:22

Park Si Hoo′s first Chinese movie Scent will premiere in China on August 15.

The actor appears in the movie as Korean designer Kang In Jun, while his costar is Chen Ran, a rising star in China, well known for her style.

Scent is directed by Jessey Tsang Tsui-Shan, who won the New Director Award at the Hong Kong Film Awards.

Thanks to the anticipation the movie has been drawing, the new posters from the movie have been shaking up fans not only in China but also in Korea and Japan.

The new on Ystarnews

http:

credit LINK
20140723.jpg

Two reasons Korean stars like to be in Chinese movies: 1) higher pay, and 2) stepping stone to the global market.  One management company representative revealed that Korean stars receive double the payment (they get in Korea) for being in a Chinese TV drama.   A Korean actor said Hollywood used many Chinese actors (before Korean) because of the huge Chinese market.  There are Chinese-language markets all over the world, so for a Korean star to enter the Mainland Chinese market would be tantamount to entering Chinese markets all around the world, and this would be the stepping stone eventually to break into Hollywood.

Archived