[JAPAN MOVIE 2012] 桜蘭高校ホスト部 OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

YAMAMOTO YUSUKE, KAWAGUCHI HARUNA, DAITO SHUNSUKE, CHIBA YUDAI
“Ouran High School Host Club” drama series to get a movie in 2012

The television drama adaptation of “Ouran High School Host Club” (TBS) will also be turned into a movie, it was announced on Thursday. The movie will feature the same main cast of Kawaguchi Haruna, Yamamoto Yusuke, Daito Shunsuke, Ryusei Ryo, Chiba Yudai, Nakamura Masaya, Takagi Shinpei, and Takagi Manpei.

Based on Hatori Bisco’s manga of the same name, the “Ouran High School Host Club” drama began airing in July and will air its 6th episode tonight.

Sony Pictures Entertainment will be the distributor for the film. This is the first time that it will handle a movie based on a television drama series. Filming will begin this fall, targeting a theatrical release in March 2012.

Guest eru.pop

This is exciting news for sure! I hope it make it even more exaggerated like some of the scenes in the drama when the text hits Tamaki.

I wonder if it'll be like how the Liar Game went: the movie being the finale of the series.

• 2 months later...

2PM’s Nichkhun to play Shinoda Mariko’s brother in “Ouran High School Host Club”

Nichkhun, a member of the K-pop group 2PM, will soon be making his first appearance in a Japanese movie. He has been added to the cast of the “Ouran High School Host Club” movie, which is scheduled for nationwide release on March 17, 2012.

“Ouran High School Host Club” is a live-action adaptation of the popular manga of the same name by Hatori Bisco. The live-action version originally aired as a drama series this past summer, and in August, it was announced that it would continue on as a theatrical film. The movie is keeping the same main cast members from the drama: Kawaguchi Haruna, Yamamoto Yusuke, Daito Shunsuke, Ryusei Ryo, Chiba Yudai, Nakamura Masaya, Takagi Shinpei, and Takagi Manpei.

Last month, it was revealed that AKB48 member Shinoda Mariko is also appearing in the movie as a half-Japanese character named Michelle who comes to Japan from Singapore in order to study. Nichkhun will play her brother Lawrence, who is the young president of one of the biggest corporations in Asia.

Unlike his usual appearance as a singer, Nichkhun will be sharply dressed in a business suit for the role. The character is half-Japanese and speaks English, so Nichkhun was chosen because of his proficiency in English due to being partly raised in Los Angeles.

Guest polkadots

I'm looking forward to this but I'm afraid i'll be let down.

cuz in the trailer release it's say 'G' at the end. And I don't think 'G' will allowed the movie to be as absurd as the drama is.

(I mean the drama was in a midnight time slot with those over the top cosplaying...it might not be inappropriate but I think it''l be overwhelming for a G)

it need at least, the very least a PG. But that's just my guessing. as long as they don't tone down the craziness all is good!

thanks for the movie info! i'm so looking forward to it :w00t: ~<3

no wonder the rating is low, it aired in midnight?! cool~

actually i hope they will continue making more episodes for the drama hehehehe~ ;P oh well, movie is fine too :phew:

Archived