Where did you first practice driving?

Guest Starblazerbon

Guest juwiee

HAHA! a couple years ago my bro tried to teach me in an empty parking lot, and i didnt even know how to drive - like didnt know what pedals were what and how to sterr! and we were drivng my mums new mazda hahaa my bro was like .. "why are u drving like u dont kno what ur doing?' =.= cos i didnt kno... it was the scariest thing in the world. but i drive now XP and im a good safe drive - i like to think ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MissLOL

On my neighborhood streets..... :)

Even when I was first learning to drive a manual...I desperately wanted to learn in an empty parking lot and not in a BMW. I felt so bad doing that to a Bimmer.

Guest thes2channel

im the same with a lot you guys haha, empty parking lot :D i was just drinking in circles when i started i didnt even get the chance to do parking till later. I was too scared to scratch other cars, even if it was far away from me haha :D  

im the same with a lot you guys haha, empty parking lot :D i was just drinking in circles when i started i didnt even get the chance to do parking till later. I was too scared to scratch other cars, even if it was far away from me haha :D

drinking in circles?

I learned in a parking lot aswell, but I came here to talk about the first time I drove.

When I was in junior high I used to play Initial D and wanted to drive so bad I told my sister let me drive the car. I was like I'm good at driving, when I haven't even drove before lol. I went to costco with my sister to run errands and she let me drive when we were going out. lol all I remember was hitting 80 in the parking lot, hit the brakes, and then told my sister to drive.

Another story. My dad bought me my first car before I had my license. I wasn't suppose to take the car out but I took it out a couple of times at night without them knowing. My car was always street parked at the same spot. One day I took it out and when I was going to park it there was another car where the car is usually parked. I told my self fu-k and just parked infront of it. Next day I thought I was going to get into trouble but no one noticed anything.

holy mini cooper my post is irrelevant.

Guest Lailani

Hmmm... At our subdivision. I still remember those days.. quite long ago around 1990s :(

My boyfriend taught me how to drive.

The previous night before my real driving lesson started, my mom took me to an empty parking lot that was right beside my house. And then next day, my instructor took me to a really busy road. it was fun because I didn't get nervous or anything.

Guest --Crystal

At the school district parking lot but I'm not that great at driving. I'm like a wreckless driver so I'm still practicing. :sweatingbullets:

Guest Naked-Fanatic

For my car, I drove around the neighborhood with my instructor.

For motorcycle, I drove my instructor's motorcycle in an empty parking lot outside the city.

Guest Snowflakes-

Friend made me try to drive in a john teshing mountain area with crazy sharp turns and stuff. First time driving and had no idea on how to drive...i almost hit a sportcar too -___________-; but later drove at a college parking lot when it was empty. haha..

Guest toGETherONE

My instructor came by to pick me up and the first lesson was right on the streets with other cars around. Now with several years of driving under the belt, I've taught other people how to drive and i've always stuck to teaching on the streets initially (risky but thats the real world).

that's right! i echo this choice.

that's right! i echo this choice.

I guess it different if you learning on auto or manual. I wouldn't go straight to the streets first time in a manual.

Guest AiMango

I did driver's ed, and we mostly drove around my neighboorhood. I live in a quiet ish town so it was not that busy usually.

Guest HERMIT

My instructor gave me a "brief" introduction on using the clutch and changing gears, then before I got any practice, he took on a main road. I richard simmons myself.

Man, that's the worst kind of traffic accident to have.

Shoot, insurance won't even cover the damages to your underwear.

I bet they wouldn't even recognize the instructor's "pain and suffering" of having to smell it under the medical coverage.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CaramelSweetie

Made a couple rounds around the park with my mom. After I got a teacher, we drove around the city.

Archived