• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MrsKoizumi

English: Chris

Korean: Chris

:blink: this is what happens when youre born half korean half caucasian, in korea, but in a usa hospital in korea...

Hahahahaha, very nice.

Someone, dear to me at the time, gave me the name: 해미/Haemi

It's really pretty, I still like it to this day.

But now I just translate my English name into Korean: 소원 :)

Guest sweet_mart

My name is Daphne and I'm not korean but when I go to my Korean friend's house her mom greets me with 'Dah poo ne' Dah means big in Chinese which makes me Big Poo. Lovely ^_^

Guest ~bluepetal~

According to my bday, Shin Je Hee

According to some korean generator: Cha Min Seul

And when I tried to translate my english name 'Mary' ; Meh Ree

Anyone knows the meaning of those three? If there is..

Guest JAMIESHOCK

Interesting.

From my Chinese name (黃小麗), I get 황소려. Never truly exposing myself to the Korean writing system, I spent nearly half and hour trying to figure out how to read it. XD I think it comes out to Hwang So Ryeo though, but please correct me if I am wrong.

I think I prefer hiragana and katakana, but this was a fun exercise. :3 Now I (think) know my Korean name lol.

[edit] Oh, and 제이미 for Jamie haha, from some English to Korean name generator.

• 4 weeks later...

Mine is Yoo Min.

It means something about a wandering person, according to Babel Fish.

Funny, because my Chinese name means clever, intelligent, sharp, and wise. LOL.

I gave myself this Korean name because my Chinese name is Hui Min.

They sound similar, so I just picked it. Plus, I personally think it is a pretty name.

My Japanese name is Yumi. :D

Jody < Hui Min < Yoo Min < Yumi

Guest -yourstruly

I'm not too sure what my Korean name is. My Chinese name (I'm full Chinese) is four-letters which is pretty rare and unique. It's Huang Jiang Jie Yi. My mom's last name is Jiang and my dad's last name is Huang, so it's sort of like when people's English last names are hyphenated...since my English name is Jane, my last name should be Huang-Jiang, but it's just Huang.

Anyway, I checked on Google and if I translate my name using pronounciation, it should be Hwang Jin Yi, but I don't want to use it because there's a movie and a drama based on her...o.o and it's kind of weird...not the movie (or the drama)...the name...and also I don't know what it means...

• 1 month later...
Guest tranniee_x

well my chinese names's 陳嘉儀 so the korean equivalent is 진가의 ..

can someone tell me how its supposed to be pronounced? jin ga eui?

anyways, funny stuff. my cousin's name is 謝嘉雯 so in korean it's 사가문 (sa ga moon), LOL

Archived