Korean Name x]

Guest SHEEKxD

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol isnt that the name of that actress person in love story in harvard?

매민안 - Mae Min An (Minan)

ahh lol...it kind of sounds like a girls name... :sweatingbullets:

I dont think the Chinese converted to Korean names would actually be names right? o.O

I mean for like me for example, Mae isnt a real Korean last name :blush:

anyways...I always thought my second word would be Mun instead of Min...oh well :sweatingbullets:

Yeah, it sounds girly in Korean. but the meaning is actually kinda unisex-ish, no? :sweatingbullets:

"I dont think the Chinese converted to Korean names would actually be names right? o.O

I mean for like me for example, Mae isnt a real Korean last name :blush: "

222 people in Korea have the last name 梅, but they're most likely ethnic Chinese people. :sweatingbullets:

Korean: 림미김

from...

Chinese: 林美金

Sounds so ergh. American something. :/ My Chinese name means Beautiful gold... in Vietnamese, it means American gold. Blah, everwhat.

The Korean for 金 should be 금 (geum) because 金 is only 김 when it's a family name. :)

Guest sweet_hunny

Well my Korean friend wrote my name like 윤가인 in hangul. I think it's Yoon Ga-In as a Korean name since my name in Vietnamese is Nguyen Gia Linh and translated into Chinese as Yuen Ka-Ling (I think cuz that's what my Chinese friend told me). In Chinese, my name means something like diamond but I'm not too sure.

But what does Yoon Ga-In mean in Korean?

Guest dericcc

Yeah, it sounds girly in Korean. but the meaning is actually kinda unisex-ish, no? :sweatingbullets:

222 people in Korea have the last name 梅, but they're most likely ethnic Chinese people. :sweatingbullets:

...Whats the meaning? I hope it's not something like blossoming sun flowers or something lol

mmm 222 people...thats a small number of people lol :D

now I need to find out if I have sort of French or Japanese name lols :]

...Whats the meaning? I hope it's not something like blossoming sun flowers or something lol

mmm 222 people...thats a small number of people lol :D

now I need to find out if I have sort of French or Japanese name lols :]

I hope nobody gets confused...

Most Korean names are actually based on Chinese characters. My name is Jaeho and it's written 재호 in Korean. However, nobody will know the meaning of my name just by reading it. However, the Chinese characters for my name are 載昊. NOW the meaning is known. So for Korean names like Yumi, Jaemin, Gyuri, Gahoon, etc... Nobody can know the meanings of it just by reading the names because they're not words; they're names based on Chinese characters. However, if someone has an actual Korean word for a name, the meaning is known... Haneul = sky, Iseul = dew, Sarang = love.

So, back to your name -- Min An. Nobody will know the meaning of your name just by looking at it. If you tell them the characters are 敏 (agile) and 安 (peaceful), they'll go "oh!" :P In conclusion, your Chinese name means the same thing in Korean, and vice versa.

BTW, Mun Ngon is Min An in Mandarin too... lol

And you can find out your "Japanese name" too because Japanese names also use Chinese characters... But there are many ways to read a single character in Japanese, so... hmm... for example, 敏 can be Toshi, Bin, and so on...

---

sweet_hunny - What does your Vietnamese name mean? Same thing. :sweatingbullets:

Guest sweet_hunny

^ It's has similar meaning (a sparkling diamond or something) to my Chinese name since that's what my dad named me. My parents named me after a Chinese actress when I was born in Hong Kong so I have no clue. Yish I have disowned myself :ph34r:

Jaeho I'm viet but my name is translated in both Korean and Chinese because my friends would pronounce it that way.

^ It's has similar meaning to my Chinese name since that's what my dad named me. My parents named me after a Chinese actress when I was born in Hong Kong

Are you Chinese or Vietnamese? I'm confused. Well, your name means the same thing in Korean...

You asked:

But what does Yoon Ga-In mean in Korean?

And that was what I was replying to. :)

edit Oh, I see. Well, I hope you understand the point I'm trying to make... that if Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, etc names will keep the same meaning even when translated to one another, because the meanings are in the Chinese characters.

Also, I know your friend gave you your Korean name by sound, but Nguyen is actually 원 (Won) in Korean because the Chinese character for it is 阮. It's Ruan in Mandarin and Yuen in Cantonese. However, I have no idea what the characters for Gia Linh could be. :sweatingbullets:

Guest Freshh

my chinese names is lee chi min

chi meaning wisdom

min meaning sensitive

lee = family name

i want a nice korean name though :]

Guest dericcc

So, back to your name -- Min An. Nobody will know the meaning of your name just by looking at it. If you tell them the characters are 敏 (agile) and 安 (peaceful), they'll go "oh!" :P In conclusion, your Chinese name means the same thing in Korean, and vice versa.

BTW, Mun Ngon is Min An in Mandarin too... lol

Oh man Jaeho, your one skilled mod...maybe someday I will as skilled as you :sweatingbullets:

Mun Ngon...Cantonese...I'm guessing that you saw my post in the Chinese held thread?

but if you didnt and still knew that I would faint...do you know Chinese or at least Chinese characters?

Ierno, some Koreans at my school knew Chinese characters and even corrected me in my Mandarin :3

-Much Thanks! :D

Guest 13miracles

Can anyone translate it into Korean for me??? => 阮夢璇 (actually i translate it from my Viet name)

Oh and can you tell me what's 陳 in Korean also?? thanks a lot...^^

Can anyone translate it into Korean for me??? => 阮夢璇 (actually i translate it from my Viet name)

Oh and can you tell me what's 陳 in Korean also?? thanks a lot...^^

阮夢璇 = 원몽선 = Won Mong Seon (Sun)

陳 = 진 = Jin

dericcc - Yeah, I found out your name from the Chinese Help topic before you asked what your Korean name is. lol I don't know much Chinese, but I'd love to learn Cantonese and Mandarin. I tried to learn some basic Mandarin because I was bored once, but I need to go to a real class.

But I know some characters... =/

A lot of Koreans (in Korea) are learning Mandarin because China's gonna be a powerhouse one day. x_x;

Guest Melyxcious

OKEIII~ since ehh.. i dunno.. i was in the wrong section?

lol i dunno T.T;;;

what would my name in Chinese be in Korean??

My Chinese name is 美林 [Mei Lin] && I'm on this site that requires you to put in a korean name and i dunno any so yeah aha.. ;___;v

Guest 13miracles

阮夢璇 = 원몽선 = Won Mong Seon (Sun)

陳 = 진 = Jin

dericcc - Yeah, I found out your name from the Chinese Help topic before you asked what your Korean name is. lol I don't know much Chinese, but I'd love to learn Cantonese and Mandarin. I tried to learn some basic Mandarin because I was bored once, but I need to go to a real class.

But I know some characters... =/

A lot of Koreans (in Korea) are learning Mandarin because China's gonna be a powerhouse one day. x_x;

Thanks a lot for you help...^^, but the name sound weird lol T___T

^ Yeah, it sounds weird in Korean... but I'm sure it sounds nice in Vietnamese. lol The bad part about translating names is that it might sound nice in one language, but weird in another... and vice versa.

OKEIII~ since ehh.. i dunno.. i was in the wrong section?

lol i dunno T.T;;;

what would my name in Chinese be in Korean??

My Chinese name is 美林 [Mei Lin] && I'm on this site that requires you to put in a korean name and i dunno any so yeah aha.. ;___;v

미림 (Mirim)

You could've just asked in the Korean help topic. lol You were there a while ago... :P

Archived